The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Tol-in-Guarhoth CIX - Ten Year Anniversary Game: Dead Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=18896)

Nogrod 06-05-2015 04:30 PM

Okay. I think it's hooray, but I still nag we had better options... *grumpy* :rolleyes:

the phantom 06-05-2015 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nog
Okay. I am getting annoyed, especially with tp hinting I would be the one trying to not give us a vote that has a result - but not then voting for me to find out.

Tactics, Nog, tactics.

Despite wanting to find out about you it did not make tactical sense to vote for you because Agan and Green had already split the vote and I can't be certain of your alignment, thus I wanted to offer you as little opportunity to sabotage the vote as possible. An innocent Green result is better than none.

IF you are innocent you need to give up the idea of testing me and just trust me.

The only reason we're even talking about giving the Living information is because of ME. On the very first day I'm the one that figured out a way to use the Dead Thread to some additional advantage and insisted that we do so. I'm the one that spotted a Gifted Agan and tried to save her. I'm the one that painted a target on my back so the Wolves would night kill me. I sure as heck wouldn't have killed Rune as my Night kill.

Any rational experienced (and well-rested ;) ) player that knows me even a bit knows that my identity is as good as in the bag at this point.

Aganzir 06-05-2015 04:31 PM

I need to tell you though - after DAY 1 I went to sleep not feeling positive I'd still be alive in the morning, and I had a dream I was lynched and Kuru posted PREDATOR in my death narration. I was confused but eventually figured the Hunter is also a predator of sorts.

Aganzir 06-05-2015 04:36 PM

Noggins dear. Of course I'd prefer to know the phantom's identity for sure. But that means being in doubt about somebody else.

Phants is not stupid. He plays to win, as he said before and as we all know. And he does not take needless risks. He wouldn't sacrifice himself for the pack, on day 1 least of all. He wouldn't have played the way he did if he was a wolf. Let go your earthly tether and think about it.

Nogrod 06-05-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.FBI
The most likely wolf, of the 3 dead, I think is Nogrod and I would love for the Dead to check him tonight, but that's choice isn't up to me.

As I happen to know I'm innocent I can say for certain this is no seer saying something he knows.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tp
IF you are innocent you need to give up the idea of testing me and just trust me.

Haha. The last thing I'll do is trust you in this game just because you say so. :)

I mean I really appreciate your skill and thought you are able to put in this game and how sovereignly you can pull out different schemes - but that's just the reason you can't be trusted just like *puff* that.

Aganzir 06-05-2015 04:39 PM

I'm so curious about who will die tonight. :smokin:

Nogrod 06-05-2015 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 697701)
He wouldn't sacrifice himself for the pack, on day 1 least of all.

So you really think he was killed because he said "hey wolves, come and get me"? Or that saying that was something like intentionally sacrifical from his part, that he knew he would then be dead? :rolleyes:

You can't be serious.

Aganzir 06-05-2015 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nogrod (Post 697702)
As I happen to know I'm innocent I can say for certain this is no seer saying something he knows.

Yeah, if Boro is the seer he's keeping very quiet about his dreams. Which makes sense considering how many times he stressed the seer's main asset is the number of dreams.

Aganzir 06-05-2015 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nogrod (Post 697704)
So you really think he was killed because he said "hey wolves, come and get me"? Or that saying that was something like intentionally sacrifical from his part, that he knew he would then be dead? :rolleyes:

You can't be serious.

Oh come on, I'm not saying that. It's not that individual comment, it's all he said and done. He was aggressively helpful and brought up ideas that offered a genuine threat to the wolves and their anonymity.

Kuruharan 06-05-2015 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 697703)
I'm so curious about who will die tonight. :smokin:

It should prove quite entertaining...

Aganzir 06-05-2015 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuruharan (Post 697707)
It should prove quite entertaining...

Keeping us on our toes, are you? Get on with it! :p

Aganzir 06-05-2015 04:44 PM

I hope it's Lommy.

Kuruharan 06-05-2015 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 697708)
Keeping us on our toes, are you? Get on with it! :p

You're not the only one, believe me. :rolleyes:

Nogrod 06-05-2015 04:46 PM

Oh. I just realised it's just fifteen minutes!

Stupid me I had forgotten and was thinking of getting to sleep... Well, maybe I'm not then. :)

the phantom 06-05-2015 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nog
So you really think he was killed because he said "hey wolves, come and get me"? Or that saying that was something like intentionally sacrifical from his part, that he knew he would then be dead?

I was in fact fairly confident I'd be an early Wolf kill. I dropped a lover hint, I suggested something enormously helpful to the village, and I put myself in position to be the vocal organizer of the plan. In villages past I've seen the PMs the Wolves have about me- I know how to make them talk about me at night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nog
Haha. The last thing I'll do is trust you in this game just because you say so.

But I order you to! :D

No, but really, for the sake of maximizing tactical gameplay you need to at least occasionally pretend as if I'm innocent and see what your eyes see under such a circumstance.

Aganzir 06-05-2015 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuruharan (Post 697710)
You're not the only one, believe me. :rolleyes:

If the wolves are late with their pick, they can't kill anybody!

Or maybe if they're slow the sun will rise and somebody catches them red-pawed. :smokin:

Aganzir 06-05-2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 697712)
I know how to make them talk about me at night.

Oh, really? :smokin:

Rune Son of Bjarne 06-05-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 697709)
I hope it's Lommy.

Lommy is a wolf, so yeah... Lets hope.

the phantom 06-05-2015 04:49 PM

Anyway, just fyi, I'll be reporting all our findings to the village in a few minutes. But don't worry, I'll be back among the Dead on Day 4. I guess love doesn't last forever.

Pesky rules.

Nogrod 06-05-2015 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 697706)
He was aggressively helpful and brought up ideas that offered a genuine threat to the wolves and their anonymity.

Have you seen the phantom who wasn't aggressively "helpful" offering different kinds of schemes all the time? :D

And yes we do differ in our views about their genuine helpfulness or their threat to the wolves. But gah, I'm not going back to those D1 arguments any more, at least for now.

Kuruharan 06-05-2015 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 697716)
Anyway, just fyi, I'll be reporting all our findings to the village in a few minutes. But don't worry, I'll be back among the Dead on Day 4. I guess love doesn't last forever.

Pesky rules.

Tsk.

Aganzir 06-05-2015 04:51 PM

Oh phantom, cutie, I knew it. ;)

Who's the lucky one? Please tell me it's Boro.

Nogrod 06-05-2015 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 697716)

Pesky rules.

Oh sheet... You and your tactics. :(

the phantom 06-05-2015 04:52 PM

KIDDING!! I'm just bored. :p

Plus I knew Kuru would get a kick out of your reactions. :D

(entertaining the Mod is our primary function after all)

the phantom 06-05-2015 04:53 PM

Tell me, honestly, did your hearts skip a beat?

Nogrod 06-05-2015 04:53 PM

And what a waste to have a lover this early. :mad:

I thought our best way was to give as much information to the visitors and now we've already wasted one of the two.

Aganzir 06-05-2015 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 697722)
Tell me, honestly, did your hearts skip a beat?

No because I was entertaining this notion earlier today. :p

Nogrod 06-05-2015 04:54 PM

I love to hate you and hate to love you dear phantom. :cool:

Aganzir 06-05-2015 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nogrod (Post 697725)

Oooooh Nog you could have told you were phantom's lover! :Merisu:

Kuruharan 06-05-2015 04:55 PM

I think I can do Phantom one better...

The residents had worked on the problem of their own natures all day and finally came to a solution.

Something told them that it was time again...time when others would join them.

They waited for the telltale swirling of the mists that surrounded them.

With a gust, they came.

Macalaure...

Rikae... (how ironic)

Welcomes were exchanged, cake was shared, conversation begun.

"Where's my cake," came an unexpected voice.

Not AGAIN!!!!

Why is Legate here?!!!!!!!

The Missing or Dead:
Kuruharan
Nogrod
the phantom
Rune Son of Bjarne
Aganzir
A Little Green
Macalaure
Rikae
Legate of Amon Lanc

The Living:
Formendacil
satansaloser2005
McCaber
Loslote
Boromir88
Nerwen
Firefoot
Thinlómien
Lalaith
Eomer of the Rohirrim
mormegil
Nilpaurion Felagund
Shastanis Althreduin
Mithalwen
Kath

Illusion:
Gwathagor(Ordo)

The DAY will end at the customary hour.

Aganzir 06-05-2015 04:56 PM

At this pace, the village probably thinks we're talking about something very serious.

Nogrod 06-05-2015 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nogrod (Post 697725)

I mean in this game that is... but not in a way Agan suggests. ;)

Otherwise, you know, I do appreciate you a lot.

Aganzir 06-05-2015 04:56 PM

Whaaaaat

HEY PEOPLE <3

Good to see you, even if weird.

the phantom 06-05-2015 04:57 PM

Watch this little clip.

And then this one.

:)

Nogrod 06-05-2015 04:57 PM

Whoa! :eek:

Kuruharan 06-05-2015 04:58 PM

I suspect you will be talking about something very serious.

In reference to Agan's post.

Aganzir 06-05-2015 04:58 PM

Looks like we have an assassin then! Or a traveller between threads.

Nogrod 06-05-2015 04:59 PM

So did the hunter act last Night or tonight? *Eyes Aganzir with a questionmark*

the phantom 06-05-2015 05:00 PM

No no no no no....

THREE deaths. So, special role, right?

I'm not even going to attempt speculating until I've heard something from the newly Dead.

Rune Son of Bjarne 06-05-2015 05:01 PM

***!?
Also do Mac count as a dead European?