The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Werewolf CXII - Dueling Wizards III - The Dead Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=19097)

Morsul the Dark 07-17-2017 06:38 AM

True. We don't necessarily know who's evil but let's be honest if the wolves are manipulating the "good evil reveal" lists they can easily put all the baddies up top as empowerment contenders. I'm not entirely sure why they haven't mentioned it(full disclosure I haven't read the living thread since yesterday.)

There are what? 5 of us here? Pervinca is gone that leaves ten with four baddies and one in reserve. I forget if Kuru confirmed that the EW number wise counts for innocent.

They're either at 7/3 or 6/4 getting a wolf and having one resurrected or added only gives them 6/3 or 5/4.

I'm just not sure a reveal will help them. I think it's safe to say we're all prey. I realize there's no guarantee of that.

Mithalwen 07-17-2017 06:52 AM

Yep. I am ordo. I mean I assume they wluld have told me if I were a visitor.

Kuruharan 07-17-2017 07:06 AM

So much chatting while I was asleep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinlómien (Post 707967)
Was there a clarification about whether the village will know who was empowered or] not if that person doesn't vote?

There wasn't, but the empowered person is always called out whether they vote or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen (Post 707992)
Yep. I am ordo. I mean I assume they wluld have told me if I were a visitor.

It depends on which Visitor you are. The Visitor Who Leaves comes immediately to the Dead Thread at the end of the NIGHT phase. But the odds are that there would be two people missing from the Living Thread the next DAY giving some indication as to what happened...unless there was a Ranger save.

The Visitor Who Dies isn't told anything until they are resurrected to the Living Thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark (Post 707990)
I forget if Kuru confirmed that the EW number wise counts for innocent.

The Evil Wizard counts for the Evil Team.

Morsul the Dark 07-17-2017 08:06 AM

So yeah, They're at 6/4

So today is do or die. If they get a wolf and EW makes a new one and the night kill is successful that's actually.... that's game isn't it?

6/3 wolf lynched
5/4 wolf made
4/4 Night kill.

If I'm doing the math right pretty much the baddies have already won. Unless there's a ranger save.

Mithalwen 07-17-2017 08:42 AM

Oh no. Don't tell me I mighg have to go back? Oh noooo.. oh well I can tell them they are screwed less obliquely.

Mithalwen 07-17-2017 09:02 AM

If I were a visitor then it might indicate someone who knows me pretty well being the Good Wizard... which is encouraging. I need to have a look back with this in mind. Reminds me of this sketch.
https://youtu.be/nKzaHilb7Vc

I'm not a wizard, I am not the ranger, pretty sure I am not the Secretary of the Eriador Dragon, Balrog and other Winged Creature Preservation Society...

Inziladun 07-17-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen (Post 708001)
If I were a visitor then it might indicate someone who knows me pretty well being the Good Wizard... which is encouraging. I need to have a look back with this in mind. Reminds me of this sketch.
https://youtu.be/nKzaHilb7Vc

I'm not a wizard, I am not the ranger, pretty sure I am not the Secretary of the Eriador Dragon, Balrog and other Winged Creature Preservation Society...

Can't watch the video "in my country". At this point, the best a Visitor could do is confirm mine and Lottie's innocence anyway.

I'm still looking to see if they've updated their preference on our empowerment.

Mithalwen 07-17-2017 09:27 AM

Oh it is a couple of executives on a plane and one asks the other what he does and he says he hasn't a clue - he just flies around the world having meetings with other men who look like him so they try to work it out "I am not a baker or I'd have one of those hats, I am not prime minister, a chocolatier, a special needs class room assistant and I am fairly sure I am not secretary of the Scottish Country Dance Association." and so on. Funnier than that sounds. Armstrong and Miller "What do I do?"

Loslote 07-17-2017 09:29 AM

Looks like they swapped Steve and Nog, but didn't touch the Prey section, so our options haven't actually changed.

I'm getting worried about Legate and Nog as packmates. Nog worries me in general, but looking at Legate's attitude towards him, I could see him as a wolf laying down baseline suspicion, but then pulling out of the vote at the last minute to throw off the numbers...

I do think Eomer and Nerwen's analysis of the narration makes sense. It's been nice having you, Mith, if you do turn out to be the Visitor Who Leaves.

Mithalwen 07-17-2017 09:35 AM

Just in case Should we collate a list of things we would like to say to them? I assume the Visitor should not read the dead thread while they are revenant.

Inziladun 07-17-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen (Post 708005)
Just in case Should we collate a list of things we would like to say to them? I assume the Visitor should not read the dead thread while they are revenant.

I don't think they can read this thread after they return, til they expire permanently.

I can't think of anything useful I could tell them.

Loslote 07-17-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen (Post 708005)

There's just not that much to tell them yet...Zil and I are innocent, we are assuming the Night kills are but haven't checked them, and we think a whole host of you living are shady. Not actually that helpful. :rolleyes:

What we really need is a good Weeeeezard's Dueeeeel. Knowing who the EW is would allow us to speculate on who they would pick as wolves. But Wizards will do what Wizards will do.

Mithalwen 07-17-2017 11:18 AM

Oh that I can manage... I was thinking we might want to tell them their mother was a hamster and their father smelt of elderberries... ;)
Anyway it might not happen. I think it is more fun here anyway. They are interested in the buzzing. Kuru did something with itching last time...

Loslote 07-17-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen (Post 708008)
Oh that I can manage... I was thinking we might want to tell them their mother was a hamster and their father smelt of elderberries... ;)

I mean, I am not opposed to this message!

Mithalwen 07-17-2017 11:28 AM

And that we don't want their stupid plan because we have already got one and it is vairy naice.

Basically we want them to build a large wooden badger AND give us a shrubbery. But it better be a nice one.
:Merisu:

Morsul the Dark 07-17-2017 11:33 AM

Fun fact. I have Jury Duty. And I'm doing WW while at Jury Duty. Very Meta.

Loslote 07-17-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen (Post 708010)
Basically we want them to build a large wooden badger AND give us a shrubbery. But it better be a nice one. :Merisu:

If it isn't a nice wooden badger why even build a wooden badger like do they not understand the point of Building A Wooden Badger. Those Living. :rolleyes:

Loslote 07-17-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark (Post 708011)
Fun fact. I have Jury Duty. And I'm doing WW while at Jury Duty. Very Meta.

Oh wow that's fitting :p

Loslote 07-17-2017 11:39 AM

Also I know we're not 100% on Nerwen, but since she's already voted for Nog, who I personally highly suspect, and is in the Lottie is Prey group, I would not be opposed to empowering her toDay.

Morsul the Dark 07-17-2017 11:50 AM

I think that's a good idea.

Inziladun 07-17-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loslote (Post 708015)
Also I know we're not 100% on Nerwen, but since she's already voted for Nog, who I personally highly suspect, and is in the Lottie is Prey group, I would not be opposed to empowering her toDay.

If we must. :rolleyes: ;)

Morsul the Dark 07-17-2017 12:46 PM

Lol.

I think revealing the EW is the most important thing right now. And a ranger save

Morsul the Dark 07-17-2017 12:49 PM

A hunter taking out a baddie would work too I suppose because that doesn't necessarily change the numbers.

Loslote 07-17-2017 12:51 PM

Yeah I thought Nog's insisting that it wasn't as dire as Nerwen made it seem was a little suspicious. Of everyone, Nog should have realized that it could well be end game already.

Mithalwen 07-17-2017 01:08 PM

Thing is there are a lot of role in this game and they are actively chosen rather than randomly allocated and it is inconceivable that a player like Nerwen who is very cool under pressure and grasps strategy wouldn't be a wizard choice if she isn't a wizard, so I hope she is on our side. I rather hope an innocent Nogrod wouldn't have wasted so much time yesterday.

Loslote 07-17-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen (Post 708021)
Thing is there are a lot of role in this game and they are actively chosen rather than randomly allocated and it is inconceivable that a player like Nerwen who is very cool under pressure and grasps strategy wouldn't be a wizard choice if she isn't a wizard, so I hope she is on our side. I rather hope an innocent Nogrod wouldn't have wasted so much time yesterday.

And she hasn't attracted very much attention thus far. She could even be a possible Wizard, of either flavor. But if she was chosen by a wizard, I would believe her as a Gifted just as easily as I would believe her to be a wolf, so I'm not sure what to do with her.

It may also be the case that Nerwen was too tempting a target, and both Wizards left her alone because they both assumed the other would have gotten there first. But that's just speculation.

Another question that might be worth asking is, if Mith is a Visitor, who did the wolves try (and fail) to kill last Night? Either the Ranger and EW targeted the same person or that the EW hit upon the GW, in which case, we might be close to the EW knowing who the GW is. I don't know that the EW would call the Duel yet, though, not without losing a wolf first (and therefore being able to use their final wolf pick).

Loslote 07-17-2017 02:17 PM

Wow, slow day. :o

Inziladun 07-17-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loslote (Post 708023)
Wow, slow day. :o

Really. Have the innocents lost the will to live? :eek:

Loslote 07-17-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 708024)
Really. Have the innocents lost the will to live? :eek:

The Dead are more lively by far. The silence is...disheartening,

Inziladun 07-17-2017 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loslote (Post 708025)
The Dead are more lively by far. The silence is...disheartening,

The Living are dying to come here. ;)

Mithalwen 07-17-2017 02:28 PM

Just reading through and have horrible thought that Boro is a wolf. IIRC he tends to give a clue to his role in his opening post and he says he feels denned up. And I am not sure that the deathwish is a contraindicator. He likes doing his own thing,

Loslote 07-17-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen (Post 708027)
Just reading through and have horrible thought that Boro is a wolf. IIRC he tends to give a clue to his role in his opening post and he says he feels denned up. And I am not sure that the deathwish is a contraindicator. He likes doing his own thing,

In that case, his deathwish Day One could point to Nerwen as EW, for the same reason it pointed to me. And he would have then backed off later because he'd had a chance to build trails to his packmates and the EW, so there's now a risk associated with his role being revealed. I'm worried about that, too.

Inziladun 07-17-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loslote (Post 708028)
In that case, his deathwish Day One could point to Nerwen as EW, for the same reason it pointed to me. And he would have then backed off later because he'd had a chance to build trails to his packmates and the EW, so there's now a risk associated with his role being revealed. I'm worried about that, too.

If that's the case, and if they don't alter the Empowerment plan further toDay, how does that affect out vote?

Morsul the Dark 07-17-2017 03:05 PM

I'm still ok with empowering Nerwen.

Frankly I'm crunching the numbers and I only see getting the EW Revealed as the only strategy because it throws the numbers off.

Mithalwen 07-17-2017 03:09 PM

Is Shasta an alternative? Has he posted.. I know he has been ill. I recall his judgement saved the day the last time I played. But there could be a lot of wolves active now

Loslote 07-17-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 708031)
If that's the case, and if they don't alter the Empowerment plan further toDay, how does that affect out vote?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen (Post 708033)
Is Shasta an alternative? Has he posted.. I know he has been ill. I recall his judgement saved the day the last time I played. But there could be a lot of wolves active now

Shasta said he might vote for Legate. I'm certainly wary of Legate, but I think I'm more suspicious of Nog. I don't know that anyone has talked much about Nerwen or Boro toDay as a voting option, so we may have to stick to the options in front of us, that is, Nog and maybe Legate.

Loslote 07-17-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark (Post 708032)
I'm still ok with empowering Nerwen.

Frankly I'm crunching the numbers and I only see getting the EW Revealed as the only strategy because it throws the numbers off.

I'm really crossing my fingers that the GW can scry the EW and call the Duel...I'd prefer getting rid of the EW to getting another Visitor, if it comes down to that, and I agree that the EW needs to go asap.

Loslote 07-17-2017 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalaith (Post 708035)
1. Why,why, WHY did Nogs throw in what looked like a 'wasted' vote for Eonwe after deadline when his own neck was on the line along with that of Lottie and Boro?
2. Is there any possible way Eonwe and Nogs could be on the same side?
3. Why do both Nerwen and Eomer trust Eonwe' innocence so much?
4. Why are Sally and Shasta so damn quiet?
5. Wouldn't Brinn have been a great candidate for wolf conversion?
6. Am I being real airhead by vaguely trusting Nerwen and Legate to be innocents?
7. How has Boro survived this long?

Bet you the pack is Lal, Nerwen, Legate and Nog. Here Lal is trying to suggest that Nerwen and Legate are, and probably should be, presumed innocent, and also trying to tie together Nog and Steve, probably assuming that Nog is lost and hoping to get people thinking that Steve is the packmate rather than herself, Nerwen, and Legate - who pulled back at the last minute yesterDay and saved him.

Mithalwen 07-17-2017 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loslote (Post 708034)
Shasta said he might vote for Legate. I'm certainly wary of Legate, but I think I'm more suspicious of Nog. I don't know that anyone has talked much about Nerwen or Boro toDay as a voting option, so we may have to stick to the options in front of us, that is, Nog and maybe Legate.

Oh I meant as empowerment vote rather than Nerwen to indicate your status.

Loslote 07-17-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loslote (Post 708037)
Bet you the pack is Lal, Nerwen, Legate and Nog. Here Lal is trying to suggest that Nerwen and Legate are, and probably should be, presumed innocent, and also trying to tie together Nog and Steve, probably assuming that Nog is lost and hoping to get people thinking that Steve is the packmate rather than herself, Nerwen, and Legate - who pulled back at the last minute yesterDay and saved him.

Further speculation, I think Lal was the most recent convert. I bet Nerwen is EW, Legate was first pick, and Nog was second. If I'm right, I expect my grave to be *littered* in flowers, people.