The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Another new Downer (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=15213)

Macalaure 12-16-2008 10:10 AM

Another new Downer

Yesterday, at 2:07 pm, Rikae gave birth to our lovely daughter Annika. She weighed 10 pounds 12 ounces and she and her mother are fine. More infos and probably pictures will follow soon!

Nerwen 12-16-2008 11:05 AM

Hey, congratulations!:)

Raefindel 12-16-2008 11:07 AM

Congratulations!

WOW! that's a HUGE baby! Shoulda called her OUCH!

Thinlómien 12-16-2008 11:08 AM

I guess I can aww and congratulate here too even though I already did it on Livejournal? :D So awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww once again and lots of congrats to you darlings. I'm so happy for you. :)

Mithalwen 12-16-2008 11:31 AM

Congratulations!!!!

Since I checked this before LJ :D

Sorry my gender prediction function was on the blink but I hope Rikae will forgive me.... girls are great :D But yes that is definitely in the Ouch category... is it my imagination or is there a tendency for Downers to produce bonny babies?

I seem to remember HI's lad being a good size as well as Lal and Dave's.

Aganzir 12-16-2008 12:09 PM

Congratulations to you all! :)

Durelin 12-16-2008 12:10 PM

That's wonderful! Congratulations!!

Nogrod 12-16-2008 12:19 PM

Oh My!!! :)

That is just incredibly great... and sweet!

Your lives just changed for the rest of it guys, for better, no: for the best!!! Trust me, I know what I'm saying! :cool:

Just wait and see; and before you notice it she will be eighteen and having a BD-romance! :D

Congrats and a bunch of virtual flowers to all the three of you! Enjoy your new life that will never ever going to be the same it was before!

Mithalwen 12-16-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nogrod (Post 577924)
Oh My!!! :)

That is just incredibly great... and sweet!

Your lives just changed for the rest of it guys, for better, no: for the best!!! Trust me, I know what I'm saying! :cool:

Um since this completes a quartet of daughters, I think they probably know as well as you, Nogrod, if not twice as well ;)

Feanor of the Peredhil 12-16-2008 12:57 PM

Awwwwww!

*rushes to LJ to check for more info*

Lalwendë 12-16-2008 01:07 PM

Hurrrrraaaahhhh! :D

I've been waiting to hear some news!!!

Yeah, it must be something about the strength we build up from lugging round heavy copies of LotR which gives us the strength to carry around bumper sized babies, heh. A work colleague brought in his new born daughter today and I was marvelling at the sight of a 'normal sized' baby because I didn't have one ;)

Time to start a Barrow-Downs creche now, then?

Legate of Amon Lanc 12-16-2008 01:40 PM

Ooooh, that is so great to hear :) May I join the congratulations? That is really so lovely :) There is now this little one to whom you can introduce the world*... Congratulations to you both. And really waiting for more to hear (or see :) ).

*and LotR, of course...

Kath 12-16-2008 01:58 PM

Extra congratulations! It is amazing how, erm, productive we all are. :D I hope everything goes smoothly over the next few days (and months and years!). Enjoy it. :)

Morai 12-16-2008 05:23 PM

Random Titles start a daycare

I think I've come up with a new business opportunity: Downer DayCare. Of course...the drive would be quite a hassle for the parents I imagine. :Merisu:

Hookbill the Goomba 12-16-2008 05:33 PM

Excessive amounts of cake and petrol to you! Both of which are, I'm told, well sought after in this day and age.

May your child grow up knowing that her parents were among the finest geeks to walk the internet. And may she not be ashamed. :cool:

Many happy returns... wait... Is that the kind of thing you're supposed to say?... um... Better think of something better quick... um... um...

BEST WISHES!

Guinevere 12-17-2008 03:48 AM

Congratulations to you both for your little daughter !

May the Stars shine on her path through life!

The Might 12-17-2008 03:52 AM

Awesome to hear that! Congratulations to you both!

I have tried to find out what happened in Arda or on Earth (related to Tolkien) on December 15, but I could not find anything. :(

Still, I thought about what her name would be in Sindarin.

Annika would be a Scandinavian form of the Hebraic Anna, the "Gifted", which translated would be more or less Antael.

But, the name may also come from Greek nike as in victory, and with the prefix would mean so much as "Unconquerable". Translated it would Alorthora or something similar.

Whatever it is, both would be nice names! :D

Rune Son of Bjarne 12-17-2008 05:55 AM

How did I not spot this on LJ. . . In my defence I was very tired, after all that exam writing when I checked LJ last night.

Congratulation to all 3 of you.

Tillykke med spædbarnet!

Estelyn Telcontar 12-17-2008 07:04 AM

Congratulations to the two of you and your growing family! Best wishes for the adventurous life that lies ahead of you.

I can see it now - in 15 years or so, it will be:
Quote:

THE BARROW-DOWNS: The Next Generation

Groin Redbeard 12-17-2008 12:17 PM

That's fantastic, congratulations!:D Best wishes!

A Little Green 12-17-2008 12:46 PM

That's just wonderful - congratulations to all three of you! :) I'm itching to see pictures, I'm sure she's lovely.

alatar 12-17-2008 03:25 PM

Congratulations! Hope all are well and sleeping when possible. Enjoy!

Lindale 12-18-2008 09:55 AM

Congrats, congrats, many congrats, from a little girl who is not much older than your daughter. :Merisu:

Eönwë 12-18-2008 02:02 PM

Congratulations! :)
Another new Downer indeed!

Lalaith 12-18-2008 02:12 PM

A girl-child, born on the 15th of December...you could not ask for better, I promise you...ahem....*modest cough*...I am most honoured to share her birth-date...

Seriously though. That's fantastic news. Well done to all concerned and have a lovely and as-restful-as-possible Christmas.

Thinlómien 12-19-2008 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalaith (Post 578116)
A girl-child, born on the 15th of December...you could not ask for better, I promise you...ahem....*modest cough*...I am most honoured to share her birth-date...

Ooh, now I just realised she's born on my deathday... wonderful. :D (Btw, belated congrats for the birthday, Lalaith. :))

*adds a little more picture-sharing pressure on Mac&Rikae* ;)

Macalaure 12-19-2008 10:48 AM

Did anyone say 'pictures'?

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Might
Annika would be a Scandinavian form of the Hebraic Anna, the "Gifted", which translated would be more or less Antael.

The version of Anna is the right one (although I thought it was a Slavic one).

Sounds nice. Thanks for the effort. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalaith

Belated congrats to you. Another Downer birthday revealed to the public. ;)

I'm sure she feels honoured, too.

satansaloser2005 12-19-2008 01:39 PM

Oooo, and pictures now too! *goes to look*

Belated congratulations to you both, or rather the three of you. Best wishes, and I hope you enjoy what I'm sure will be a very eventful Christmas! How long until she starts playing Werewolf? ;)

~~Sally~~

Lalwendë 12-19-2008 02:01 PM

Will you all be getting a big people carrier and a new bathroom for Christmas then? ;)

Our neighbour has four daughters (ranging in age from 19 down to 2) and she has to fight to get into her bathroom. :eek:

Bêthberry 12-19-2008 03:48 PM

So sweet! Congratulations as you start an entirely new life. I can imagine her swaddled in a laundry hamper under the Christmas tree as the best present of the year. :)

But to be honest, I'm waiting to see the first announcement of a Downer grandchild. I don't think we've had one of those yet. I'm told being a grandparent is much more fun than being a parent and I'm waiting for confirmation. :D

The Might 12-19-2008 07:02 PM

Well, I'm sure that will come soon, Bêthberry... only a matter of time. Not so hasty, hroom rooom!

Mithalwen 12-20-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bêthberry (Post 578249)
But to be honest, I'm waiting to see the first announcement of a Downer grandchild. I don't think we've had one of those yet. I'm told being a grandparent is much more fun than being a parent and I'm waiting for confirmation. :D

If you are clever you can go straight to grandchildren - my aunt managed that thanks to step children:)

Rikae 12-26-2008 02:48 PM

Thank you all for your congratulations! :)

Hilde Bracegirdle 12-27-2008 07:11 PM

Heavens, how did I miss this good news! Very best wishes to you all!