The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Your lotr dream (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5572)

laziieye 01-03-2003 07:18 PM

Your lotr dream

Describe any or all of your lotr dreams here!

Daewen 01-03-2003 07:40 PM

I had a dream that I was at the mall with my friend Meghan, and she said, "Hey look, it's Aragorn and Legolas" and I just look at her like, yeah right, and then the next thing I know, I'm on weathertop and aragorn tosses me a torch and get to chuck it at the ringwraiths...and then i more or less do everything arwen does...including the stuff in rivendell...though i'm not going into great detail cus that's what slash fiction is for, if you get my meaning...

laziieye 01-04-2003 12:22 AM

Wow, strange dream.
Well, last night I had a dream about evil hobbits. Yes, that right evil hobbits. There was this little bloody hobbit running around with a knife. I was very scared [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

pherostien 01-04-2003 01:02 AM

Seven dwarves were chasing me and then I swam across a water fall to discover that I am a Lost Elven princess. Dont quite know how that happend. there were scorpions too, don't know why.

Gorwingel 01-04-2003 02:15 AM

Gosh, ever since I saw FOTR I have had so many LOTR dreams. Like last night, I had one where I had a DVD copy of ROTK before everyone else, and I think Aragorn was running around in an imaginary town that I don't live in. I also had a dream where I dressed up as a hobbit,(ears, clothing, feet, everything) and had to go on like a journey. And I also have had many where the stars of the movies came over to my house, or I met them. Though I am still waiting to have a dream where I get to be the hero or something [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

eleanor_niphredil 01-04-2003 04:33 AM

My dreams are always to complicated, but last night I had one where I was a hobbit and I saw Frodo push over this table full of beanie babies and then deny it, because Legolas was going out with this girl he liked (unfortunatly not me).

I also had a really wierd one where sauroman built this new sort of killing machine that took you down to the underworld and put Pippin in it. Pippin started screaming and merry was calling out for his beat frinend but he never came. Then he realised what happened and started crying as he slowly faded away as if life was no longer worth living.

Arien 01-04-2003 04:45 AM

I've had one really weird dream....

I was in school and at the back on the playing field was the Aragornath....And I met Gimli, Frodo, Treebeard, some other hobbits and Quickbeam...(even though I dont know what he looks like)....and there were grey statues of hobbits every where.....

Weird...

LePetitChoux 01-04-2003 05:38 AM

I had a dream last night that I was at Helm's Deep fighting. An army of men who looked like the person from CK Crave adverts was against us and on our side there were: Me, my mum, a strange woman called Masha whose face I recognised, but couldn't place, wearing nearly the same clothes as my mother, and the usual Middle-Earthian army. I kept trying to get out of the fighting, it was horrifiying. For some rason, Gandalf was in the medical room (to treat the wounded). I kept trying to go help him, but to no avail. The fortress had been turned into a hotel, and I remember being really puzzled that the opposing army couldn't just come round and enter through the hotel...
And then we had a 10 minute break, leaving one woman called Nelya on her own against the armies, and wento to get coffee etc. when we came back, we started fighting and I woke up.

That was technically a nightmare, as I'd eaten just before going to bed, nd was scared silly through the whole dream, but it was a Tolkien-related nightmare (ther first LotR dream I've ever had), so I'm happy. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] http://www.smilies.nl/dieren/grommit.gif

Meela 01-04-2003 08:49 AM

orlando bloom was at my friends house with a group of my friends and me (we were having some kind of party). he dumped his girlfriend, asked me out, and gave me his ex's backpack (????) which i had to hide so nobody would know i had it

i cant remember anything from the other dream, except that just about everyone from the fotr and ttt movie cast was in it, mostly standing around on the edge of lothlorien

Daewen 01-04-2003 09:27 AM

Woah, last night I probably had my weirdest lotr dream of all. I think I was part of the cast as some nonexistant character that existed in my dream, and I was going to eat dinner with Elrond and Legolas (we were all in our costumes and calling each other by character names, but I know it was the cast. Read on...) Elrond had made salads, and I said something about cutting back on the fat, and then Legolas said that they three of us didn't need to, because we were the skinniest, and then he went to go on about how Merry, Sam, and Arwen (go figure) had to lose weight. ALso, we were in a spaceship when this was going on...yeah...talk about weird...

Thulorongil 01-04-2003 12:34 PM

These dreams are rarely ever not weird! I've had so many!

A couple nights ago I dreamed that some of my friends and I were going to the zoo. We ran into Gandalf and he said to us, "You hobbits had better watch out. Some idiot built this zoo on Isengard!"

It got weirder as it went on. The zoo turned into our school, but it was still a zoo, and we had to find Saruman to break his staff. We told Gandalf that he might look suspicious in his white robes and stuff, so he turned his staff into a pencil and bought a souvenier T-shirt. We walked around, and, Ugh! It was strange!

Maylin 01-04-2003 01:00 PM

(sigh) I'm sadly limited to LotR daydreams. I absolutley just don't dream about books and such, i don't know why...though I think I once dreamed about having a LotR dream. what's more, my dreams, when I remember them, are way to realistic. I'll be having troble falling asleep, then I will, but I'll wake up thinking I didn't sleep at all. Aghh!!!

Jeli Baggins 01-04-2003 01:02 PM

oooooook Where to begin. hmmm last night. Sam and I (me being Frodo, I always seem to be) were on ponies, and Gandalf was leaving us. While he was talking, spiders came and Sam and I had to fight them. (They looked just like in the Fellowship of the Ring game when you're in the Old Forest.)

12/16/02- My bro. and I (as Sam and Frodo) were at the Black Gate. Gollum was there and he pulled us in a pond so He wouldn't see us. The ring almost sunk but I caught it, and Elrond and my dad were making sure we didn't pass through with the ring. (????)
11/23/02- In the middle of a huge hall was a statue of Galadriel. Gimli was hitting it with his axe. I started to hit it too. Galadriel found out and searched for the people who did it. (never found us b/c we hid the axes under our shirts. hehe)
11/22/02- Saruman was knocking on my kitchen door. He threatened to "have his orc take care of it" if i didn't open it. I hid in my basement, and pretended to be Frodo's relative, so they didn't think I was Frodo. It suddenly switched to lots of men and elves marching in a big field. Legolas was arguing w/ Arwen and Eoywn. Aragorn came to get me and my niece (Frodo and another hobbit) to go on a quest. We left there, and a white SUV was spying on us. Aragorn made him leave, and we continued.

Sorry so long! I have plenty more, but I won't waist your valuble time. Oh and it pays to have a dream journal. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Faye Took 01-04-2003 01:55 PM

I once had a dream that I was an Elf Warrior and I had to kill a lot of orcs. That was really cool!

I also had a dream the Elijah Wood was my boyfriend and Dom, Billy and Orlando where there too!

VanimaEdhel 01-04-2003 05:27 PM

If that isn't enough, try this http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin...&f=17&t=000188 or http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin...c&f=2&t=001513 or http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin...&f=14&t=000763 ...

I posted on at least one of those...and I've had random Middle Earth dreams, including one from my fanfiction on The Lost Races of Arda which was just to heart-breaking to go into...it really shook me up when I woke up and figured it out...if you really want to know, PM me and ask...

Balin999 01-06-2003 03:35 PM

In my dream I found myself in Mordor. I don't know why I was there or how I came there, but I knew that I had to do some slaying, I think I was part of a game in Mordor (I knew that it was Mordor because there was Lava everywhere, but it was cold already.) The game was more or less about orc-killing.
Then suddenly there were a few Ents who looked rather strange and artificial, but in my dream they were Ents. One of them gave me a shield, I think I had a sword already, and he gave me a bow called "Windforce", that's a bow of a computer game that I haven't been playing for ages, it's called Diablo. The Ent told me, well he didn't tell me but he looked at me and I understood (like Pippin looking in the Palantir) that I was entering the dangerous area.
Then I moved on and I think there was Legolas entering something like a gate to the game-area where you had to slay orcs or something like that. More or less like Diablo is all about.
Then I woke up and thought "what the.... was that?" Sadly enough I didn't see any orcs.

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 01-06-2003 04:44 PM

hmm i had a dream, i cant really remember it, but Pippin and Merry were in it, and we were all hobbits. i think we were eithre at the Green Dragon or at Bilbo's birthday party. another dream was with Elijah Wood, and i dreamt he was my boyfriend....ah, he's mm mm good! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] :P

Myst 01-06-2003 05:11 PM

I had this really strange dream where me, my mom and two of my three brothers were riding around in our van because my mom wanted to find Elijah Wood. (???) Then, she parked in the corner of some parking lot for some reason. At that point I said, "Hey, it would be cool to meet Sean Astin." My mom was like, "What do you expect him to do, drive up right behind us, get out of the car, and give you his autograph?" I kinda sat there for a minute, then got out of the van, and, sure enough, Sean Astin pulls of right behind us and gets out of his car and I get his autograph. (Strange, but funny and cool.) Then like for some reason my mom asks him if he knows Elijah Wood, and Sean says, "No, I have no idea who that is." Then mky mom drives off without me, and I go with Sean Astin for the rest of the day....er....dream. He had to sign like 10 bilion autographs or somthing crazy like that, and people were asking me for my autograph too even though they had no idea who I was. Then like Elijah Wood comes up and Sean Astin is like, "Oh hey, what's up dude?". It was weird and kind of funny....

hobbitlass 01-06-2003 09:55 PM

Nothing fancy here, I usually have to go to the late movie so I drag my tired butt in about 1:00 a.m. Mind you, I'm old and I turn unto a pumpkin at 10:00 p.m.
So when that happens, the movie keeps playing in my dreams and I wake-up very tired.
Once though, I dreamed that I was with the four hobbits and we kept running and hiding and running, again woke up very tired.

purplefluffychainsaw 01-07-2003 02:50 PM

Most of my LotR dreams are so scary I am Serrously shaking just thinking about them. But all of my dreams seem to be LotR related now, even the (Very rare) nice ones. I seem to have this whole ongoing sarga stuck in my head about me being half hobbit and half elf and having a second ring of power, kinda like a spare copy, which can't be deatroyed without the one ring and the one ring can't be destroyed without it. Bilbo addopts me with Frodo and we go of to destroy them together. Very weird. Also I had an extreamly wierd dream when I was in a play and the whole cast of LotR and some other LotR related people where there and me and Christopher Lee went off and had a long talk in Elvish. (That might of been something to do with the fact my new years resolution is to learn more elvish and I'm starting a drama school soon)
Or is my head just very weird and I am too LotR obsesed [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

My Cat Sasha 01-07-2003 06:04 PM

I had a strange dream the other night where I was trying to make my hair look like Galadriel's. It didn't work and it looked really bad. The I woke up and tried it. It worked and it looked ok. It would work a little better if my hair was long.

Pipperin 01-07-2003 09:13 PM

I had a dream the fellowship was in some sort of swamp, and Gilmi was being chased by an aligator(or crocodile, whatever) Legolas ends up saving him and Merry and Pippin come along and they all leave on this wagon and leave Frodo to finish the journy. Then i was in a store begging my parents to buy me this movie parody of LOTR(the first part of my dream)Then me and Pippin were running up these endless stairs being chased by something. We came to this room and hid under stuff, then my friends parents walked in and started taking photos, it was odd!!!

[ January 07, 2003: Message edited by: Pipperin ]

laziieye 01-07-2003 09:15 PM

WOW, my topics lives? Oh joy! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

purplefluffychainsaw 01-08-2003 07:38 AM

**SAM laughs** Wow there are some weird dreams on here...

Anything but Arwen 01-08-2003 07:53 AM

I think I've had a few actually, but I got a really good one once where I had my own elfy horsie (NOT Asfaloth), and I was riding to Rivendell when I met the REST of the Fellowship, Aragorn and the hobbits, and Aragorn didnt call me Arwen, yaaaaaay!! I leant Pip my horse, and he got bucked off...oh well....

dragoneyes 01-08-2003 03:23 PM

I don't quite remeber this dream properly, but I know I was with the entire fellowship running around Rohan doing some very random things (that's all I can remember of that part) and then we came to a forest and I realised I was dreaming and went "What the hell are you all doing here?", then they left me behind and ran off into the forest, I woke up before I could follow them. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Taure Leafsilver 01-08-2003 08:26 PM

I had a dream that I went to see the TT for a third time. Everyone was rolling there eyes at me when all of a sudden a bunch of barrow-downers stood up with a big "25 and counting!!!" sign and cheered. I found it strange

Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood 01-08-2003 09:29 PM

I had this really weird dream that I was riding on a horse next to Legolas and we were fighting off the orcs by shooting arrows at them and then we fal off our horses and the orcs kill us ad throw our bodies i the Anduin lol its really um...scary

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 01-10-2003 05:15 PM

i had a very weird dream.. i dreamt that me and my friend Kaylee were hobbits, and the whole of Hobbiton was going up against a small army of miniature Orcs, they were up to our chests. They won, so for some reason we were all pretending we were dead, and the this one Orc came up and said "Hmm, which one shall we eat first?" and he started to chew on Kaylee's arm, but she screamed and ran away, so he started to chew on mine but i jumped up and was all "NO!!" so then we all got up and went into these two huge warehouse rooms, and the Orcs went into one and we went into the other, and the Orcs were all "Ha ha, our room has more than yours!" and then our big boss pulled a string and the walls of our room went up and we had even more stuff than the Orcs, and we had a whole bunch of sweets and pastries and cookies and stuff. So we all started pigging out and Pippin was in the corner stuffing his face, when suddenly over a loudspeaker i heard "Pippin Took is being arrested for eating another hobbit." (Don't ask.) So two Orcs came into our room and started to take him away, and i ran up and gave him a hug so he would feel better and i said "show them theyre wrong! by the way youre very cute." i dont know why i said that. LOL. anyways then they took him into their room and did an x-ray of his stomach, and there was Merry's waistcoat inside of it. he was all "I didn't eat Merry, i just ate his waistcoat!" Then i woke up. i think this tops the list for weird dreams. Yay, i am the champion! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] lol!

dragoneyes 01-10-2003 05:30 PM

Mine perhaps isn't as weird as that but anyway:

The beginning of the dream isn't really relevant, it consisted of being shot at, breaking some bloke's nose, then trying to make a bed with the rest of my school. Then I went down a ladder (we were on a balcony) and suddenly I'm in this ravine with sheer cliffs going up all around and a door at one end. Theoden comes riding up and asks me to get on, but he's not put the bridle on properly so I have to do it up for him [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]. He canters off just as I manage to climb on and we find some troll-like orcs, but they're on our side and they're trying distract two huge Oliphaunts my tempting away a baby Oliphaunt. I'm now on my own horse and Theoden gos away a bit, while Eowyn and Faramir kiss (in the middle of a battle [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) while Eomer is galloping madly around. Two walls come down and trap Eowyn and Faramir and Eomer immediately comes up while Theoden is miles away, though trying hard to get here. An oliphaunt comes along and smashes its trunk down on Eowyn, Faramir and Eomer, the oliphaunt kind of disappears (as things tend to do in dreams) and I'm left looking at the three with their heads smashed in.

Not surprisingly, I woke up at that point.

Galenfea of Mirkwood. 01-11-2003 10:34 AM

The only LotR dream I've ever had was the night after I'd put a new Aragorn poster up on my otherwise entirely Legolas-covered walls.

I dreamt that Aragorn and Legolas were standing in the middle of my bedroom arguing over which of them ought to have more posters up. I woke up halfway through and just thought 'what the hell?

Sindafalathiel 01-12-2003 10:45 AM

I had a couple of strange dreams. One was that I was being chased through school by ringwraiths (It may have been that in this dream I had a silver ring that was the One disguised). The other was that my mom was making lembas and they didn't turn out right becvause she didn't use the right ingredients.

Faye Took 01-12-2003 11:51 AM

I had a dream last night that I was in a play or something and I was Pippin.

Nimrothiel 01-13-2003 05:21 PM

I always dream that I'm in a clearing in a forest, and suddenly Legolas, Elrond, Arwen, Galadriel, Celeborn, and hundreds of elves and elf-friends appear all around me. Each of them gazes deeply into my eyes, as though they are searching for something. Then Galadriel says, "You are the Chosen One. You must go with the Ring-bearer to Mordor, where you will be tested, and the truth about yourself shall be revealed to you." Then I say, "Why have you, the wisest of beings chosen me for this? I am not of your kind." Galadriel says, "Ah, but you are one of us Nimrothiel of the Wood. Look into the pool, and you will see the truth that has been hidden from you." I go over to a pool that I hadn't noticed before, and I kneel on the bank and look into the water. Suddenly, something that feels like an electric charge runs through me, and I black out for a minute. When I come to, I catch a glimpse of someone in the water. It's an elf, but not one of those that I saw gather in the clearing. I know what I must do instantly, and I turn to face the elves. Galadriel says, "Yes, go now and fulfill your destiny. Protect the Ring-bearer, who carries the fate of us all. You must not fail." Then they all disappear, and I realize that I'm holding a sword, and have a bow and quiver of arrows on my back. I'm also garbed in a tunic and hose, as well as a cloak much like the Fellowship's. I turn and walk out of the clearing towards the West, then my figure begins to fade, and I wake up.

Analyze that! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

VanimaEdhel 01-13-2003 05:42 PM

Four nights ago, I had a dream that I was at my local A&P Supermarket and John Rhys-Davies (in full Gimli outfit...but standing at his full 6'2") and Peter Jackson (who, by the way, shaved his beard in the dream) were there. There was suddenly a screening room in the back and we all piled into the back and got an advanced screening of "Return of the King". Then, I went out into the parking lot, and two of the stunt-riders from the movie were there, riding big, 20 hand black horses. In the end, I was hanging out and waiting, because other cast members were supposed to drop by.

Three nights ago, I had a dream that I was just hanging out at my house with my friends and Elijah Wood. We were hanging out on my couch and watching TV.

Two nights ago, I had a dream that I was hanging out with Ian McKellan and he was showing my mom and me around the set of Pirates of the Caribbean (the fact that Ian McKellan was there didn't seem to phase me in the dream, however, for some odd reason).

Last night, I had some completely random dream, but maybe I'll pick up my dreams of cast members tonight...I still have Mister Astin, Mister Bean, Mister Bloom, Mister Boyd, Mister Mortensen, and Mister Monaghan to go. Maybe I'll get to Mister Lee and Miss Tyler too at some point (and maybe Mister Parker, if I can)...

[ January 13, 2003: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]

dragoneyes 01-14-2003 03:57 PM

Do you pronounce Mortensen Mortensen or Mortensen?

Anyway, I had another dream last night, not exactly happy one, kind of like my last one, it should've been scarey, but it wasn't.

It was like I was Cinderella, except that my father was the worst, and that the rest of my family were ents. They would routinely throw me about the house (luckily for them it was a dream and I didn't get hurt). My house was exactly like my house is (except without chairs, ents don't need chairs) apart from, that it was on the sea front. I walked down the road a bit and the sea was getting really choppy and from nowhere a huge swarm of moth-dragonfly things flew at the town. I don't usually mind bugs but I didn't like these ones so I ran home and told them to lock the house up. They told me I was stupid as one of the bugs startedcutting through the glass in the window. That sort of just stopped and I tried to get daddy-ent's attention by banging on him. Then I woke up.

That's really quite strange isn't it?

VanimaEdhel 01-14-2003 06:42 PM

I say Mortensen...except with a bit of a New York accent that I just can't shake... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

good idea at the time 01-18-2003 08:43 AM

There's been two that I can remember a little better than the others. In the first one, I don't remember whether I was myself or a hobbit (some would argue that there's really no difference anyway) but Gandalf was my new college proffessor. He had class in this big old stone tower on an island either in a river or over the ocean. The tower was roofless and it was one of those really pretty cold sunny days so the whole place looked gorgeous. There were these ancient, twisted trees everwhere.
I had this one a long time before TTT came out.

The second one came after TTT. I was fighting alongside Aragorn, which was pretty cool, but for some very strange reason much of our army consisted of drama students from my old high school.

Eruwen 01-18-2003 10:00 AM

Well, I've had many LOTR dreams. {One especially featuring Sean Astin.} Most of mine are with the actors, but I did have a dream where I went on the journey with the Hobbits. I think you can find those on one of the links VanimaEdhel gave you.

As for my NEWEST dream though, it goes like this...{It's very short}

Elijah Wood walks up to my house. For some reason, when I sent him a fan letter he decided to reply personally. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Anyway, he comes in and I show him all of my LOTR stuff and everything I have of him etc.. He gives me a signed poster of FOTR with all the actor's signatures plus PJ and Howard Shore. He also gives me a signed picture of himself. Then he asks me if I want to go see TTT with him. Of course, I'm like "Oh yeah!"

I see my friends at the theater and I introduce Elijah to them. Then after we see the movie, I ask him to sign my ticket stub. {That part was a little weird.} But then I just woke up. I guess it was one of those weird dreams that actually somewhat finished.

I thought it was a cool dream. It might just be one of those obsessive fan things though. But it was cool to me... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

eleanor_niphredil 01-18-2003 10:02 AM

I am bored and so have decided that I believe in dream interpretation.

Deawen- your dream predicts emotional conflict and a struggle for independance or freedom. Also...um...great passion (that was the fire, dont get any ideas)
As for your second dream, yo need to fufill a wish, or something like that. Also, you do not like Arwen! ( me so clever)

Girithhen- Sorry, but your just weird

Pherostien- Success(lucky you) but also misfortune through secret enemies. Now you know about the scorpians!

Gorwingel- Wishful thinking?

Arien- I hope your not sad or depressed?

LePetitChoux- Emotional conflict or moral conflict that you should overcome soon. Or perhaps a sign that you shouldnt eat before bed?

Meela- Change in your love life ( thats what it says, nothing to do with me)

Thulorongil- Frustration, and an unhealthy obsession with LOTR!

Jeli Baggins- I have a dream journel to, and it really does pay. Overall, I get that you will get money, your dad is evil and Legolas is a girl.

faye Took- cant find anything for you. perhaps you'll have to be content with the dream.

VanimaEdhel- dont you just hate heart-breaking dreams? the dream hangover is awful.

Balin999- NEVER mix computer games and LOTR. Baaaad mixture!

Thats all I can do, but if you really want yours doing, tell me and I will. wow, this post was long! Sorry, but I love this subject and could go on and on forever. Dont forget to tell me if I was right or not.