The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Who's got the best signature? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=4548)

Morima 05-09-2003 06:10 AM

EH? Hydrogen isn't normal air! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] You're thinking of Nitrogen.

Oh and Oddwen; cool signature:

Quote:

Four and twenty hobbits tried to bake a pie,
The smoke from the explosion rose up to the sky,
When the tale was told the elves did sadly sing,
And the next day the soup tasted funny to the king
Hee hee! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Helkahothion 05-09-2003 06:13 AM

Quote:

Nitrogen.
Not quite. I'm talking Nytroglycerine. Got to love that stuff. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Nah it's not normal air. But that is the only wya I could explain. It is created by the Photosyntese prosses of the plants. Best way I can say it.

Morima 05-09-2003 06:39 AM

EH?! Doesn't the Photosyntese created Glucose and O2 from CO2 and H2O; but nitroglycerine? I don't geddit. Oh well. You just rambling Helkahothion? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Isn't nitroglycerin a compound of explosives?

Helkahothion 05-09-2003 06:44 AM

I did not intent that Photosyntese creates Nytroclyserine.

We would be pretty fu**** if that was the case.

Morima 05-09-2003 06:56 AM

I suppose so. Ah well. On with the Signature thread, peeps!

Helkahothion 05-09-2003 06:59 AM

Yeah sorry, we took the entire fifth page hehehe.

Oddwen 05-09-2003 04:46 PM

Thanks, Morima! It's the first verse of a poem that just popped into my head.
To the tune of "Sing a song of Sixpence":

Quote:

'Four and twenty hobbits tried to bake a pie
The smoke from the explosion rose up to the sky
When the tale was told the elves did sadly sing
And the next day the soup tasted funny to the king

Fro was in the cellar stealing Bilbo's money
Who was in the kitchen eating too much honey
Sam was in the garden doing what Eru knows
And along came Merry with his evil nose'
Kinda stupid. But my siblings liked it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Nitroglycerine? I'm now officially really genuinely freaked out, Helka. You and I should never meet.

GaladrieloftheOlden 05-09-2003 06:51 PM

Wow, you guys have really lost me now... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

~Menelien

Eressië Ailin 05-09-2003 10:29 PM

Same here...

For some reason, I find myself drawn to the sigs that quote Voltaire...

I changed my siggy!!! Too true, it is...

GaladrieloftheOlden 05-09-2003 11:48 PM

Wow, that is a quote I live by! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~Menelien

vanwalossien 05-10-2003 02:04 AM

Quote:

'Gandalf Airlines.' It's the only way to 'fly you fools'
Heehee, love that one. I didn't know there was a 'Gandalf Airlines' until almost two months ago, when I was on the train to the Charles DeGaulle airport, and read the note that said something along the lines of 'there are two stops at the airport, one for terminal 1 and one for terminals 2 & 3, please find out which terminal your plane leaves from.' When we were searching for SAS on the list we found Gandalf Airlines. Me and mum nearly choked with laughter, and I started wondering if there were any pilots there called Gwaihir... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

GaladrieloftheOlden 05-10-2003 04:08 AM

There really is one? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I thought that it was just a funny phrase...?

~Menelien

Wait- it exists- go here.

Lyra Greenleaf 05-10-2003 05:11 AM

How very, very odd...

Oddwen 05-10-2003 09:03 PM

Wooooooaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh....freaky! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Beruthiel 05-11-2003 01:31 AM

I like Everdawns new one

Quote:

They say that New Zealand is Middle Earth... Then that would make Australia the undying land, which lies across the sea in the west...
Too true, too true... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Helkahothion 05-11-2003 04:43 AM

Quote:

I'm now officially really genuinely freaked out, Helka. You and I should never meet.
Okiedokie. Ill just put you down on the list with all the others.

I don't think many will undrestand my sig. Maybe someone on this site would know liquidgeneration.com, but I don't think so.

Dûrlossiel 05-12-2003 10:36 PM

Helka, you are the strangest person I have had the pleasure of not meeting. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Go ahead and put me on that list also. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Back to topic. I really like Eressië Ailin's

Quote:

Never judge a book by its movie ~J. W. Eagan
And Arvedui III's

Quote:

I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here
[ June 10, 2003: Message edited by: Dûrlossiel ]

Niluial 05-12-2003 10:42 PM

Lol ummm.. are we still talking about signatures? It does not really look like it.. or I am having one of those blonde moments!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Tinuviel of Denton 05-12-2003 11:41 PM

Quote:

Helka, you are the strangest person I have had the pleasure of not meeting.
That was my line. Durlossiel stoled it from usss.
*shakes head*
Sorry, sometimes the Gollum personality takes over for a moment or two.

Anyway. Right, signatures.

I like vanwalossien's.

"To err is human, but to foul things up completely requires a computer."

Zel Ladrona (my best friend, don't ask about the name) would totally approve. That is, if she wasn't totally anti-LotR because I talk about it so much. (She says that someday she's going to post on BD and say that. *Shudders convulsively*)

Yeah, it's late. Early. Whatever. I'm tired and I can't think straight. Excuse my rambling. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ June 09, 2003: Message edited by: Tinuviel of Denton ]

Luinalatawen 05-13-2003 12:11 AM

Quote:

I didn't know there was a 'Gandalf Airlines' until almost two months ago
That is so weird. Wouldn't they have had to get permission or whatever to use that name? Why would they have granted it? Funny. I wonder...

Sophia the Thunder Mistress 05-13-2003 12:43 AM

I liked the quote from GK Chesterton about journalism being mainly about telling people who didn't know Lord Jones was alive that he had died (only expressed much better) I think it was Brinniel's, but now she's changed it. *snaps fingers* drat.

GaladrieloftheOlden 05-13-2003 01:50 AM

Sophia, I like your sig... and the new avatar is very nice [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Even though I hate chocolate [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

~Menelien

Brinniel 05-13-2003 07:27 AM

Quote:

I liked the quote from GK Chesterton about journalism being mainly about telling people who didn't know Lord Jones was alive that he had died (only expressed much better) I think it was Brinniel's, but now she's changed it. *snaps fingers* drat.
I don't remember that one being mine, though now I'm curious whose it was.

Nurumaiel 05-13-2003 11:56 AM

Sophia,

That was mine. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] As you can see I've now changed it, but as you can see I have another Chesterton quote.

The quote was:

Quote:

Journalism largely consists of saying 'Lord Jones is dead' to people who never knew that Lord Jones was alive.

ElentariGreenleaf 05-13-2003 12:20 PM

Quote:

Wait- it exists
nAH! nAH!!! They soooo stole your idea, who evers sig that was ^_^

Arafangwen 05-13-2003 04:39 PM

Quote:

My philosophy:
A chapter of a Tolkien book a day keeps Sauron's hitmen away.
I love that one! And....

Quote:

Denethor, Denethor, Denethor, Denethor, Denethor, Denethor, Denethor, Denethor, Denethor, Denethor, Denethor!!!!
Crazy! In a great way! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The X Phial 05-13-2003 11:17 PM

Quote:

The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.
'nuff said

Iarwain 05-15-2003 09:31 PM

Quote:

The two most common elements in the Universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity.
Am I a rarity then?

Actually, X Phial, I like your Haiku. It's very Haikuish, vague and unexplained, yet somehow meaningful. (Perhaps that was an overstatement, no?)

Iarwain

[ May 15, 2003: Message edited by: Iarwain ]

Sophia the Thunder Mistress 05-15-2003 11:37 PM

I rather like the haiku too, X Phial.

Iarwain, could I get a translation of yours? (Yes I am a linguistic ignoramus [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]-- I might be able to figure it out if it was in Sindarin.)

Sophia

Helkahothion 05-16-2003 08:07 AM

Her sig is German. I just wanted to vote for it. Since German is a lot like Dutch, it is not hard to translate it. It literaly means: My friend is lost.

Meela 05-16-2003 08:28 AM

Quote:

quote:
Denethor, Denethor, Denethor, Denethor, Denethor, Denethor, Denethor, Denethor, Denethor, Denethor, Denethor!!!!

Crazy! In a great way!
Ty [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] As you can see, my sig has changed to:

Quote:

Denethor is hot, Denethor is fine
Denethor is most definitely mine.
I'm just about to change it though, as you will see, to:

Quote:

George, I was born six months prematurely. My own mother couldn't keep me in!

Iarwain 05-16-2003 01:23 PM

It does indeed, Helka. I seem to have a knack for thinking up random, depressing statements. I would put them in english, but I think they sound more interesting in other languages. We can see this in my last sig: "Un troubadour errant dédaigné par tous." Which translate to something like "A wandering troubador, scorned by all. Next might be: "Il mondo si trova scuro e freddo sotto i miei piedi stancati." (Italian) which means "The world finds itself dark and cold beneath my weary feet."

Indeed,
Iarwain

P.S. Helka, hate to brake it to you, but just like old Tom, I'm a he, not a she. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ May 16, 2003: Message edited by: Iarwain ]

Helkahothion 05-16-2003 01:28 PM

*slaps himself in the face*

Sorry dude. I always thought that a Dutch sig would not be allowed since for all the mod's know, I could be saying some very naughty things.

Lossentilien 05-16-2003 01:42 PM

Yeah, but they wouldn't know, would they? And what you don't know..... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
I liked your old sig, about stealing Winonah Ryder, just for the irony. Heh heh. That was class. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
What does your current one mean?

[ May 16, 2003: Message edited by: Lossentilien ]

Helkahothion 05-16-2003 01:45 PM

Thank you. But I can't seem to stick with the same signature for a month long before changing it. I just find something very temting. I have my next sig already written down somewhere. If anybody is in desperate need of a signature: You can have it, it gives me another reason to keep the current one [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lossentilien 05-16-2003 01:54 PM

I tend to do that on msn. My name's different every time I log in. I don't change it as much here cause it takes mipre effort.
You never answered, what does the sig you have at the moment mean? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Helkahothion 05-16-2003 02:00 PM

Sometimes I can just look outside for half an hour and think of nothing. I love it.

Lossentilien 05-17-2003 07:46 AM

Heh heh. Suits you. I think...
I quite like Saphire_flame's sig. It's hilarious. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Quote:

Do not touch the RECORDER!! It is sacred...and this time I am petting it...
I just noticed that I typed 'mipre' instead of more in my last post.....that's a new level of bad spelling and stupidity.

Lyra Greenleaf 05-17-2003 07:49 AM

So what's the Microsoft/Bill Gates one then Helka?

Lossentilien 05-17-2003 07:55 AM

Err, I keyed it into a translator since Helka's not here, and it came up with this...
Quote:

Goddamn, the cursed c**t Microsoft. I have a pleurishekel at Clenched Gates!
What a rubbish translator....Why has Bill turned into 'clenched'??!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] That is seriously worrying...