The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Movies (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Pippin and Merry as Soldier Of Gondor and Rohan (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=9819)

mordor136 06-08-2003 12:42 PM

Pippin and Merry as Soldier Of Gondor and Rohan

Hey all! I just found a website with tons of Pics and I found pippin and merry as soldiers here are the links.<BR>PIPPIN:<BR><A HREF="http://ringzone.net/images/movies/imageviewer.php?imageid=619&pageid=35&image_type=p roduction_images" TARGET=_blank>PIPPIN PIC</A><P>MERRY:<BR><A HREF="http://ringzone.net/images/movies/imageviewer.php?imageid=623&pageid=35&image_type=p roduction_images" TARGET=_blank>MERRY PIC</A><BR>Also check out the other images on this site

mordor136 06-08-2003 12:59 PM

Just in case you wanted a link to the main gallery index here it is! It goes through all 3 movies.<P><A HREF="http://ringzone.net/images/movies/index.php" TARGET=_blank>Click here for gallery</A>

Meela 06-08-2003 01:34 PM

Pippin looks splendiferously wonderful in his armour. I've quite fallen in love with him.

mordor136 06-08-2003 01:39 PM

Indeed and I love the detail on Merry's leather armor<P>[ June 08, 2003: Message edited by: mordor136 ]<BR> <p>[ June 08, 2003: Message edited by: mordor136 ]

Lyra Greenleaf 06-08-2003 05:03 PM

Mordor thank you SO MUCH. You have no conception of how happy you've made me. Merry and Pippin becoming knights, fighting and growing up is my favourite storyline. OK, Merry and Pippin in general are my favourite storyline. They look perfect, so that has given me hope that PJ will "do it right".<P>Thanks again!

mordor136 06-08-2003 07:39 PM

I share your relief in PJ doing it right

Wolvaurynomir 06-08-2003 09:22 PM

Gondor armor is always fascinating. I want some Gondor armor, dang it!<P>Merry's new look is quite fantabulous as well. Now I'm hyped for RotK. Dang it... this movie has brought me more ups and downs than a roller coaster ever could.

Oddwen 06-08-2003 09:31 PM

Pippin's armor is soooo perfect! *faint* Exactly as I imagined it from the books!<BR>I don't care for Merry's that much, though. Maybe it's the gloves, or it's too red.

Arathiriel 06-08-2003 11:16 PM

Wow!<P>That is some detail on Merry's armor - you can even seen little horse-riding soldiers on the shoulder belt!<P>Gosh I wish the fact that Pippin is wearing his Lothlorien cloak in this picture didn't bother me so...<P><I>*sighs*</I><P>190 more days until <B>The Return of the King</B>...<p>[ June 09, 2003: Message edited by: Arathiriel ]

Lyta_Underhill 06-08-2003 11:21 PM

I must say that I was patient for ROTK's release, right up until I saw that particular picture of Pippin in Gondorian armor. Now, I am hopelessly impatient! I was already hopelessly in love with Pippin! This is the nail in the coffin! I agree with Lyra--there is hope that PJ will "do it right!"<P>Cheers,<BR>Lyta

Faramir Fan 06-09-2003 07:46 AM

I remember when I met Billy Boyd, he told me that he and Dom were having arguments over who had the better uniform in ROTK...<P>Merry's is very intricate which I hadn't noticed before until I saw the picture blown up. I just happen to be partial to those in Gondorian uniforms <P>...so my vote goes for Pippen

Lily Bracegirdle 06-09-2003 04:46 PM

Nice pictures! Thank you!<P>It looks like Pippin's in a mausoleum, doesn't it? So that scene may be right before Denethor's grand exit. <P>-Lily

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 06-09-2003 05:08 PM

Merry's armour is gorgeous! Wow! That's what I love about these movies, every piece of armour and prop is absolutely perfect. Phew. Very up to snuff.<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Pippin looks splendiferously wonderful in his armour. I've quite fallen in love with him. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Just what I was going to say. I love men--er, hobbits in armour. Sigh. Drool. Faint.

Sapphire_Flame 06-09-2003 09:42 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I love men--er, hobbits in armour. Sigh. Drool. Faint.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Right on. *sigh drool faint*

Frodo 007 06-10-2003 12:08 AM

oh my god, Merry & Pippin look so adorable with all their armour on!!! now im even more excited(if that's possible???)!!!

peonydeepdelver 06-26-2003 05:54 PM

Awww, Pippin's so CUTE when he's angry! I'm a huge fan of Pippin and Merry, and they look magniferific in their Rohan and Gondor armor! I'm sooo excited about ROTK... and it's seems still very far away....

elven maiden Earwen 06-26-2003 05:58 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Merry & Pippin look so adorable with all their armour on!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Dang I no. They both look hot! Can't decide who looks better. I'll probely go with Merry. I cna't wait till the movie comes out.

Shy Hobbit 06-27-2003 06:55 PM

I've been in love with those pictures, especially Merry, since I saw them I must say one thing, alot of people in my household, and I'm sure you've heard similar things, say that our two hobbits are "Stupid" "Idiots" "Brats" and other not very nice terms <P>Just wait till RotK, then we'll see if these comments continue.

arianrod 06-27-2003 11:21 PM

Excellent. Both armours are beautifully done. I can't wait to see the transformation in RotK from immature hobbit lads of the Shire to valiant soldiers of Rohan and Gondor. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Just wait till RotK, then we'll see if these comments continue.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>They'll be eating their words, Shy Hobbit. It's going to be wonderful. And I'm going to cry. Alot. *raises tissue box proudly*

Daisy Brambleburr 06-28-2003 12:53 PM

Just have to say...wowzers! I can't honestly say who looks best. I love Merry's gauntlet (please say that's what they are called or I'll look stupid) things on his wrists, but I adore the white tree of gondor. It's a great motif. <BR>I can't wait for sexy hobbits in armor!

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 06-28-2003 12:54 PM

To quote Franklin Jones:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Mincing your words makes it easier if you have to eat them later. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Bon appetit!

Ophelia 06-28-2003 02:25 PM

Nice armour . I read the book and could not imagine how would they both look in that armour . And I see P.J. has done a grate job on this one

Lyra Greenleaf 06-28-2003 03:41 PM

Having seen Aragorn in <I>his </I>Gondorian armour I have to say Pip looks better. Sigh...As for the not being allowed to wear the cloak, I suppose it's just one moe unnecessary plot detail for PJ like, oh I don't know, Glorfindel, Tom Bombadil, Faramir being good, the Barrowdowns...<P>~The newly renamed Lyra Took!