The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Middle Earth Dating Service (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=12329)

Lush 10-20-2005 03:33 PM

Middle Earth Dating Service

I'm going to greath lengths to avoid writing my thesis.

The latest result of my procrastination is this test .

It's for entertainment purposes only, I'm not making any money off of it, blah blah blah.

Hope you like.

P.S. The idea of the test is not to end up with someone you might expect to end up with. So if you hate who you end up with... that's probably the point.

Tigerlily Gamgee 10-20-2005 04:12 PM

Hmmm...

Hah, it says I'm an Eowyn Enthusiest. Duh! Haha... I only built a website devoted to that character. But, is this also implying that I'm in to women? Hmmm... perhaps it's trying to tell me something I don't... hehe.
I wasn't expecting that at all. Yay Eowyn.

Lush 10-20-2005 04:33 PM

The results are supposed to be gender-neutral.

Lalaith 10-20-2005 04:34 PM

hehe. I got Legolas.

Anyway, many thanks for another fabby quiz, Mlle. Lush.

Kath 10-20-2005 04:39 PM

Hmm I got Eowyn too. I wasn't expecting that with some of the answers I put.

Glirdan 10-20-2005 08:24 PM

Oh no!!! I got HER!!! AMybody but her!!! NOOOOO!!!! Why Arwen!?!? The Glorfindel knocker outer and horse stealer!!!! NOOOOO!!!!!! :eek: :(

malkatoj 10-20-2005 08:32 PM

I got Gandalf.

Quote:

You go for well-educated older individuals who aren't always emotionally available, seeing as they're usually grouchy, or too busy saving the world, or whatever.
Well not *that* much older. Or grouchy. But strangely enough, it almost fits...it's both cool and depressing at the same time.

Valesse 10-20-2005 08:33 PM

I'm apparently in competition for Arwen!

Oh my... I hope this is book-Arwen not movie-Arwen, lest there could be some problems (and I might have to turn her in for horse-napping) :O!

Firefoot 10-20-2005 08:49 PM

I'll be the first person to claim an Aragorn result...
Quote:

You're a totally intense individual. You like patient, thoughtful, committed people who can step to the challenge when needed.

Prissy people that take regular showers and enjoy all other frivolous nonsense don't really appeal to you.
I also ADORE my ARAGORN and am supposed to stay away from metrosexuals... okay.

Glirdan 10-20-2005 09:42 PM

Quote:

I'm apparently in competition for Arwen!
You want her? Take her!! Besides, I'm already taken!! :cool: ;)

Good idea with turning her in. I'm going to do it again and see wat I get....

Well, I did it and got Aragorn. Even though I'm not gay, he's better then Arwen, the stupid horse stealing prissy. Unless it's the book Arwen. But even then, she's still not for me. Oh well, tat's wat u get for being me....

Man I'm gald these are gender-neutral.

Alcarillo 10-20-2005 09:46 PM

I am apparently a Gandalf Geisha. :eek:
I'm glad these are supposed to be gender-neutral.

the phantom 10-21-2005 12:27 AM

I got Arwen. It said-
Quote:

Let's face it, you like your lover on a pedestal. Hey, that's not a bad thing. A pedestal is better than a pit.

You are most comfortable around individuals who are subtle.

You're no commitment phobe and you expect the same amount of devotion from the object of your affection. Sometimes, you're a little bit too demanding, though.

Take it easy, soldier.
I don't know if it was supposed to be, but that little summary was rather accurate in my case.

Anguirel 10-21-2005 01:00 AM

the phantom-we seem to have plenty in common!

It's so true, too...

Rune Son of Bjarne 10-21-2005 04:24 AM

Great just great.

I Thought I could take it, what ever the result might be, but I was wrong!(So wrong)
If there ever was one thing about the downs that iritatet me, then It would be the fact that allmost every body has some sort of undieing love for Eowyn. In fact one of my finest moments in hear was when she got votet of the surviver island!
Apperently I have too rethink this whole Eowyn thing as I am a EOWYN ENTHUSIAST! :eek:

The Saucepan Man 10-21-2005 06:26 AM

The Saucepan Man ROCKS for ROSIE!

:D

Quote:

She don't need to be rich to be your girl. She don't need to be cool to rock your world.

You like fun, down-to-earth people who are not averse to the occasional pint and a spin around the dance-floor. You want to share your life with someone who is sweet and devoted and totally into the simple joys of domestic bliss.

Eat, drink, and be married, already.
That is startlingly accurate. :eek:

Although it would be doing Mrs Saucepan a disservice to suggest that she is solely into the simple joys of domestic bliss.

Quote:

Just remember that birth control is not the enemy.
Quite so. Unlike Sam and Rosie, we have most definately drawn the line at two. :rolleyes:

Lhunardawen 10-21-2005 06:37 AM

I got the same result as Sauce, but I don't think it fits me at all.

*retakes quiz* :D

wilwarin538 10-21-2005 08:03 AM

wilwarin538 ROCKS for ROSIE!

Oh my. *follows Lhuna to try again*

This is more like it.

I ADORE my ARAGORN!

Kitanna 10-21-2005 08:09 AM

I ADORE my ARAGORN

Quote:

You're a totally intense individual. You like patient, thoughtful, committed people who can step to the challenge when needed.

Prissy people that take regular showers and enjoy all other frivolous nonsense don't really appeal to you.

STAY AWAY FROM METROSEXUALS.
Fun times, fun times.
Very nice Lush, very nice indeed.

radagastly 10-21-2005 08:09 AM

Tried it twice and ended up with Rosie both times! Pretty cool, and eerily accurate.

Lalaith 10-21-2005 08:15 AM

My goodness, am I the only one here who, (according to Lush's quiz at least) "likes a show-off"?

mormegil 10-21-2005 08:43 AM

Apparently I'm a Rosie fan as well as SpM and Lhuna :)

Gurthang 10-21-2005 08:58 AM

You cannot be serious... Galadriel?! :eek: *faints from embarassment*

I don't like this thing... It says I'm gonna have to buy a lot of extravagant gifts. And I apparently like gorgeous hair. Hmm...

Rimbaud 10-21-2005 09:28 AM

For Lush, I say. I plunge.

Me. Rimbaud. Legolas.

Que?

Cailín 10-21-2005 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalaith
My goodness, am I the only one here who, (according to Lush's quiz at least) "likes a show-off"?

Don't worry Lalaith... I also got stuck with pretty-boy/elf.

And somewhere, I have to admit the description at least kinda fits. :o

Formendacil 10-21-2005 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anguirel
the phantom-we seem to have plenty in common!

It's so true, too...

The very scary thing is that I got the same answer- and if I was in the market for girls that would be the perfect description...

Hmm... Maybe Lhuna's right... maybe we ARE twins...

Lush 10-21-2005 12:10 PM

Legolas is definitely the option that fits me best, so never fear.

Gwyn ap Nudd 10-21-2005 12:34 PM

Quote:

She don't need to be rich to be your girl. She don't need to be cool to rock your world.

You like fun, down-to-earth people who are not averse to the occasional pint and a spin around the dance-floor. You want to share your life with someone who is sweet and devoted and totally into the simple joys of domestic bliss.

Eat, drink, and be married, already.

Just remember that birth control is not the enemy.

Here's to my darlin' Rosie, with ribbons in her hair . . . ;)

Lord Melkor 10-21-2005 04:43 PM

'Let's face it, you like your lover on a pedestal. Hey, that's not a bad thing. A pedestal is better than a pit.

You are most comfortable around individuals who are subtle.

You're no commitment phobe and you expect the same amount of devotion from the object of your affection. Sometimes, you're a little bit too demanding, though.

Take it easy, soldier.'

Arwen for me too.

As long as it is Book Arwen I'm not complaining, that cute little Luthien look-a-like. Why, I have fond memories of her distant ancestor when she came to Angband, the saucy little mink! :smokin: ......What do you mean, 'that's not how things went'? Tsssk, you shouldn't believe everything those Elven scribes write down. ;)

Morsul the Dark 10-22-2005 10:34 AM

Eowyn?hmmm...thats all wrong i couldnt get like arwen or even if i got a guy itd be better...well i got eowyn thats close to a guy i guess...lol no im kidding i just didn't expect to see her show turn a vulnerability....is that like opposite of eowyn? :D

Eomer of the Rohirrim 10-24-2005 06:42 AM

Arwen and her consequent description of myself.

You seem to know an awful lot about us Lush. ;)

Thinlómien 10-24-2005 07:53 AM

Quote:

You go for well-educated older individuals who aren't always emotionally available, seeing as they're usually grouchy, or too busy saving the world, or whatever.
Oh, no, I'm a Gandalf Geisha. I will never tell my friends, or they'll die laughing :p Seriously, a bit strange for me, but some parts fit...
Great test, Lush... :)

Holbytlass 10-25-2005 03:08 PM

I'm a Gandalf Geisha, too. Well, the only thing "right" thing is that Mr. Holby is 8 years older than I am!

Meela 10-25-2005 07:41 PM

Since when have I had a thing for Arwen? I take it Denethor wasn't on the list of options...

The Only Real Estel 10-25-2005 08:52 PM

another great test by Lush

Apparently I'm into Rosie & should remember that birth control is not my enemy...

Feanor of the Peredhil 10-25-2005 09:27 PM

Well now, what a fantastic thread to stumble upon while searching for procrastination help...

First I was told that I was into Aragorn, which is true up 'til the showering part. See, I like my boys clean and smelling nice. There is just nothing in the world like that soapy, fabric softenery, itty bitty bit of cologne scent of a good clean boy....

:D

So I re-took it. And got something that I already knew about myself...

Quote:

You like cute emo-kids, preferably ones with a wounded look in their gorgeous eyes.

Underneath your desire to comfort them, however, lies your own desire to be comforted.

You'll make gorgeous babies together, but if they need Zoloft starting at age 5, don't look at me!
Ah, so I'm after the gorgeous guys that aren't afraid to show emotion... Lushie, darling, you've got me pinned. ;)

Lhunardawen 10-26-2005 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formendacil
Hmm... Maybe Lhuna's right... maybe we ARE twins...

Reality creeping up on you, eh? ;)

Mithalwen 10-26-2005 01:23 PM

Bit worried that I am quite so happy have landed Galadriel after all the unclean beardie-weirdies :eek:

Fordim Hedgethistle 10-26-2005 02:10 PM

Get back to work on your thesis.

(Neat quiz by the way.)

Boromir88 10-26-2005 07:58 PM

Looks like Sauce and I have more things in common then we like to admit...got Rosie too.

Lush 10-26-2005 11:48 PM

Thesis is being worked on. Am hunting down my advisor hoping to thump him over the head with a giant tome of Tristram Shandy and bring him out of his complacent stupor.

Glad everyone is enjoying themselves, despite the Arwen-related disasters (perhaps someone shall trace the fall of our civilization to her one day).