The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Scary BD Problem (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=17126)

Rumil 02-01-2011 06:51 PM

Scary BD Problem

Hi all,

I don't know if anyone else had the same thing but this evening (Tuesday 1st Feb) the Barrowdowns seemed to be totally offline. I got a link to a webpage that said 'please email the site administrators' and thought I'd wait a bit and see if it all turned out OK, which thankfully it has.

Keeping fingers crossed that it was a one-in-million sort of thing!

Inziladun 02-01-2011 09:00 PM

It wasn't only you by any means, Rumil. It's been quite a long time since I've seen the site go down that way. Glad things appear to be all right now.

Glirdan 02-01-2011 10:12 PM

Definitely not just you Rumil. Everyone involved in this round of WW went and messaged Rikae via facebook to ask for an extention on the day because of the problems.

Estelyn Telcontar 02-02-2011 06:59 AM

It was a site problem, so everyone experienced the same handicaps. The server was upgraded at short notice, which is why no announcement could be made in advance. Everything should be working now - should you experience further problems, please post here and we'll check them out. Thanks!

Glirdan 02-02-2011 09:20 AM

Oh, Esty, in case you haven't heard, some of the Finns have still be having trouble.

Galadriel55 02-02-2011 09:28 AM

Hopefully that trouble won't last too long!

Pitchwife 02-02-2011 02:58 PM

Hallelujah, i Downs entúliër!

Wow, that was pretty scary. For the last 24 hours, every attempt to access the forum landed me on some Default Website Page, which may or may not have been the same one Rumil mentions. Finally I thought of googling "barrowdowns forum", clicked on the first thread link that came up, and voilà! My old bookmark still didn't work, I had to set a new one, but now all is well again. Phew! Made me realize what a nasty hole the Downs would leave in my life if they ever went down for good one dark day:eek:... thank Eru and the Valar (read: BWH & Admins) that Dagor Dagorath still seems to be comfortably far off!

Galadriel55 02-02-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitchwife (Post 648519)
Made me realize what a nasty hole the Downs would leave in my life if they ever went down for good one dark day:eek:

My feelings exactly!

Thinlómien 02-02-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glirdan (Post 648483)
Oh, Esty, in case you haven't heard, some of the Finns have still be having trouble.

...we are? ;) It's all fine here. :)

Rumil 02-02-2011 04:02 PM

Great to hear that all is well,

C heers Esty, all the mods and the BW!

Galadriel55 02-02-2011 04:48 PM

They say you don't know how much you need something before you lose it. Luckily, we haven't lost the BD, but the feeling came rather close. I'm still a bit of a newcomer here - my corpse has been rotting in the ground for only...4 months, I think - but I got rather attached to this place. Thank you BW and mods!!!

*breathes sigh of relief*

Aganzir 02-02-2011 05:19 PM

For a time, I was afraid it was going to be something like the major blackout of 2008 (for those of you who weren't dead yet, the forum was down for something like a week)... :eek: Good that everything is working again.