The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Fill in the blank (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5565)

TealDude3 12-02-2002 05:45 PM

Fill in the blank

This is a little game I thought up while reading in the Middle-Earth Mayham section. I say part of an LOTR movie quote, and you fill in the blank with a funny statment. It can be a movie quote or something you made up. Lets use one for three days and then change it. I'll start.

Sam: This is it. If I take one more step, it will be the farthest away from home I've ever been.
Frodo: Come on Sam. Remember what Bilbo use to say, "[fill in the blank]."

Manwe Sulimo 12-02-2002 05:48 PM

"It's a weird business, Frodo, stepping out of your door. Usually, there are Girl Scouts waiting to sell you cookies, or Dwarves looking to include you in their newest Quest. But usually, you just keep walking by them, until you--uhh...until you...damn, Frodo, turn down that CD player!"

Merry_Pippin_Frodo_Sam 12-02-2002 06:23 PM

hey Manwe, i think you were supposed to start another one!
oh well, here's mine...

Bilbo: My dear Boffins and bolgers! Tooks and Brandybucks! Grubbs! Chubbs! Hornblowers! And Proudfoots!
Today is my one-hundered-and-elleventh birthday!!!......

[ December 02, 2002: Message edited by: Merry_Pippin_Frodo_Sam ]

Manwe Sulimo 12-02-2002 06:51 PM

Three days, my dear Merry--err, my dear hobbit.

TealDude3 12-02-2002 07:29 PM

Thank you for understanding Manwe Sulimo.

Anyway. Hears mine.

"Life's a b*t*h ain't it?"

-Imrahil- 12-02-2002 08:22 PM

I detest you all, right down to the hair on Proudfoot's feet. And the SB's can eat ogre snot before I let them in Bag End.

[ December 02, 2002: Message edited by: -Imrahil- ]

Knight of Gondor 12-02-2002 09:17 PM

Quote:

Bilbo: My dear Boffins and bolgers! Tooks and Brandybucks! Grubbs! Chubbs! Hornblowers! And Proudfoots!
Today is my one-hundered-and-elleventh birthday!!!......
"Today is my one-hundered-and-eleventh birthday! I'm drunk as a hyena, and I'm not even going to try to blow 111 candles out! That's all. And, oh yeah, I'm gonna disappear now."

Diamond18 12-02-2002 09:56 PM

Hey! We're supposed to be doing this one still:

Quote:

Sam: This is it. If I take one more step, it will be the farthest away from home I've ever been.
"What the heck are you doing in the bathroom all day and night? Why don't you get out of there and give someone else a chance?"

(That was from "Young Frankenstien". It's what Igor's old dad used to say...)

Or an original:

"It's a dangerous business going out your front door. Now the back door, that's another matter. Back doors are perfectly safe. Remember, Frodo my lad, that nothing bad will ever happen to you if you go out the back door."

Kalimac 12-02-2002 11:44 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's a dangerous business walking into a monster's lair, Frodo lad! You'll be scorched, scalded, asked a thousand and one unanswerable questions, and have your life threatened - and that's just for starters. So just bear in mind - every step that takes you further away from the Sackville-Baggins is a GOOD step." Does that help, Sam?

Tigerlily Gamgee 12-02-2002 11:50 PM

Frodo: "Pity Bilbo didn't kill him when he had the chance"
Gandalf: "Pity? It was ________ that stayed Bilbo's hand."

Fill in the blanks! (sounds like a new gameshow)

Kalimac 12-03-2002 12:05 AM

Gandalf: "Pity? It was sheer, raving laziness that stayed Bilbo's hand. For me, I think it's a real pity that Thranduil didn't get my message about arranging an `accident' for Gollum a little sooner. The Pony Express isn't what it used to be."

Meela 12-03-2002 02:28 PM

Boromir: It is a gift... a gift to the foes of Mordor! Let us use it against him! Long has my fahter, the steward of Gondor, [BLANK].

Also....

Aragorn: You cannot wield it! The One Ring [BLANK].

Manwe Sulimo 12-03-2002 02:41 PM

Hey, Meela! We're still on

Quote:

Gandalf: "Pity? It was ________ that stayed Bilbo's hand."
My new quote:

"...lust that stayed Bilbo's hand! Bilbo always had a thing for deformed hobbits, and now he had one right where he wanted him! In the dark caverns of the Misty Mountains, away from anywhere else....he only thought that Gollum wanted to 'nibble.' Alas, he found his new toy ring to be too fun to play with. Otherwise, he would still be there, in Gollum's cave...."

Meela 12-03-2002 03:05 PM

it was sellotape that stayed bilbo's hand. i told him time and time again to fix that sword properly, but would he listen? noooo... and look at what happened! the ring getting entangled in the tape... the sword getting stuck to bilbo's trousers... yes, frodo. a lot of things would have been different if only bilbo had used gum.

TealDude3 12-05-2002 04:13 PM

Saruman: Against the power of Mordor, there can be no victory. We must join him, Gandalf. It would be wise.
Gandalf: Tell me, friend, [fill in the blank].

Meela 12-05-2002 04:24 PM

Tell me friend, is the snazzy bachelor pad part of the job description? or does Sauron know you've got his credit cards?

Diamond18 12-05-2002 06:24 PM

Tell me, friend, when did Saurman the Wise become Count Dooku?

Manwe Sulimo 12-05-2002 06:25 PM

"Tell me, friend, did you ever send that $50 you owed me to my account?"

-Imrahil- 12-05-2002 06:45 PM

I like Diamonds and Manwe's [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Arwen Melian 12-05-2002 06:50 PM

GANDALF:Foool of a_____Throw yourself_______next time and rid us of your_________!

ARWEN:It is mine to give to whom i wish...like my__________________

Elrond:______from distant lands__________of old,you have been summoned here to____________________________.________stands upon the brink of destruction_________can escape it.You will_____or you will_____.Each __________is bound to this fate,this one_________.

Tigerlily Gamgee 12-06-2002 12:17 AM

ARWEN:It is mine to give to whom i wish...like my jell-o

Crap that was bad!

Meela 12-06-2002 06:56 AM

Gandalf: fool of a crisp packet! throw yourself away next time and rid us all of your crumpliness!

Arwen: it is mine to give to whom i wish... which is why your not having it! *swipe*

Meela 12-06-2002 07:03 AM

Elrond: linen merchants from distant lands, designers of old, you have been summoned here to help me create a new set of clothes.
My wardrobe stands upon the brink of destruction. Only this gown i stand in before you can escape it. Each clothes store is bound to this fate, this one fashion disaster.

hobbitlass 12-06-2002 07:18 AM

EGGS from distant lands,CHEESE of old,you have been summoned here to answer to the threat of STARVATION. HEALTH stands upon the brink of destruction, ONLY FISH can escape it. You will COOK or you will ROT. Each INGREDIENT is bound to this fate, this one QUISHE.

I hope you are either drunk or extremely tired when you read this! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nimrothiel 12-06-2002 09:13 AM

Hahahahahahahahahahahah!!! These are great!
"Fashion designers of old," lol. Here's a few fill in the blanks:

Gollom: Is it______? Is it _______?

Merry: That _______ was looking for _______.
Frodo?

Pippin: It comes in ____? I'm __________.

Gandalf: Do not _______ in the _______ of wizards, for they are ________ and quck to _____.

Elrond: Who will ______ this ______?

Gandalf: Three ______ for the ______kings under the ______, Seven for the _____ lords in their halls of _____, Nine for ______ ___
doomed to ___, One for the ____ Lord on his ____ throne, in the land of ______, where the ______ ___.
One ____ to ___ them all, One ____ to ____ them, One ____ to ____ them all, and in the ______ _____ them. In the land of _____, where the _____ ___.

Enjoy!
[img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Helkahothion 12-06-2002 02:16 PM

Gollom: Is it a drunken monkey ? Is it a drunken munkey?

Merry: That hansome guy was looking for a date.Frodo? Maybe you should go talk to him.

Pippin: It comes in right now? I'm tell it to go away i'm reading a book.

Gandalf: Do not look in the books of wizards, for they are pervertit and quck to get discusted by.

Elrond: Who will eat this pizza? I'm stuffed. Damn pepperony's

Gandalf: Three Bami Pangang for the elven kings under the calender, Seven for the dwarf lords in their halls of eat-as-mutch-pizza-as-you-can, Nine for me cause im famished and doomed to eat your discuting food, One for the chineze Lord on his weird and funny looking throne, in the land of well uhm China duh, where the the Bami is eaten regulary.
One peace of meat to feed them all, One peace to poisen them, car to them all, and in the in the trash to dump them. In the land of (I will not tell cause murder is still elegal) , where the great wall of China stands.(oops that last thing didn't come out well)

And now for extra plesure a riddle:

Where are the elves, dwarves and the Chineze lord's bodies hidden?
(THe answer will be posted here soon)
________
FORD MOTOR CREDIT COMPANY PICTURE

Meela 12-06-2002 02:31 PM

Gollum: is it shiny? is it Mr. Sheen?

(god knows why i wrote that...)

Pippin: it comes in teaspoonfuls? im getting one!

Elrond: who will tie this shoelace for me?

Gandalf: three whisks for the culinary kings under the ceiling, seven for the kitchen lords in their halls of herbs, nine for the restauranteurs doomed to watch delia smith, one for the cake lord on his marzipan throne, in the land of cookery where the ovens lie. one whisk to mix them all, one whisk to blend them. one whisk to shake them all, and in the bowl grind them. In the land of ookery where the ovens lie.

(i know, its terrible... i just liked the idea of the nazgul wearing aprons and calling themselves culinary lords...)

Arwen Melian 12-06-2002 08:07 PM

Heyn Meela....did you know I was into fashion desingn,welll that was very funny....
dont worry tigerlily that was funny(welll i was alittle sleepy when I read it...but stilll funny,hey,at least you tried ...thats all i could ask.

TealDude3 12-07-2002 08:15 AM

Too many all at once.
Anyway.

Sam: Frodo? Mr. Frodo?
(Fordo turns a corner in the fields)
Frodo: What is it Sam?
Sam: It's just something Gandalf said.
Frodo: What did he say?
Sam: "[fill in the blank]" And I don't mean to.

Meela 12-07-2002 08:22 AM

Sam: Frodo? Mr Frodo?

Frodo: what is it Sam?

Sam: its just something Gandalf said.

Frodo: what did he say?

Sam: don't you let him rip a hole in those trousers Samwise Gamgee. they cost me a good deal of money! And i dont mean to.

Meela 12-07-2002 08:24 AM

Sam: Frodo? Mr Frodo?

Frodo: what is it Sam?

Sam: its just something Gandalf said.

Frodo: what did he say?

Sam: dont you find him, Samwise Gamgee. And i dont mean to. (walks off in the other direction)

Diamond18 12-07-2002 10:29 AM

Sam: "Fool of a Gamgee! Don't let anyone turn you into a toad, you hear?" And I don't mean to.

Arwen Imladris 12-07-2002 11:25 PM

Sam: <sigh> I thought I’d lost you.

Frodo: What are you talking about?

Sam: "Don’t you lose him Samwise Gamgee!" And I don't mean to.

Frodo: Sam we're still in the Shire. What could possibly happen? (Merry and Pippin bumped into both Sam and Frodo)

Pookabunny 12-09-2002 02:40 AM

Sam: "Pull my finger" And I don't mean to.

Nimrothiel 12-09-2002 03:05 PM

LMAO!!!! Can't...breathe...gasp...so...funny....

Gollum: Is it supercalafragalisticexpialidocious? Is it scrumdiddidly-umptious?

Elrond: Who will kill this dwarf?

Arwen: It is mine to give, like my key to the liquor cabinet.

Gandalf: Do not meddle in the cook books of wizards, for they are terrible, and the food will soon make you sick.

Gandalf: YOU...SHALL NOT...SLEEP!!!

Give me a break, it's Monday.

[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Diamond18 12-09-2002 06:28 PM

Gollom: Is it a plane? Is it a bird?

Merry: That Bo Peep was looking for her sheep. Frodo?

Pippin: It comes in gift-wrapped boxes? I'm unwrapping it.

Gildor: Do not sing in the choir of wizards, for they are off key and quck to forget their lyrics.

Elrond: Who will open this jar for me?

[ December 09, 2002: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]

Helkahothion 12-10-2002 01:43 PM

And the answer to the riddle was:......................... CHINA.
All winners can get claim the trip to Holland with me. Just mail me at mailto:helkahothion@hotmail.comhelkahothion@hotmail.com</A>

Be quick cause you could win this fabelous price.

(I will provide a roof over your head, but you pay the trip)
________
Vaporizer Affiliate

Helkahothion 12-10-2002 01:52 PM

Sam: &lt;sigh&gt; I thought I?d lost you.
Frodo: What are you talking about?

Sam: "Well I can't remember so I want you to take the blaim for letting me forget cause he wanted to turn me in a frog. And I don't mean to be turned into a frog if you know what I mean?"

(Hey was stoned and it sounded funny at the time ok?)

[ December 10, 2002: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]
________
PLYMOUTH BACKPACK SPECIFICATIONS

Evisse the Blue 02-10-2004 03:29 AM

try your hand on this:

GANDALF: Hold out your hand, Frodo. It's quite cool. What can you see? Can you see anything?
FRODO: ________

*No, I can't see worth a damn. I lost my contact lenses. You look.*

ARAGORN: Open war is upon you, whether you would risk it or not.

THEODEN: When last I looked ___________

*When last I looked I saw a pink squirrel passing us by. tell me you saw it too!*

ElenCala Isil 02-10-2004 04:56 PM

GANDALF: Hold out your hand, Frodo. It's quite cool. What can you see? Can you see anything?
FRODO: Okay.. AAAGHHH!!! IT BURNS!! IT BURNS!! IT FREEZES!!! You tricked me, Gandalf! I can't believe it! Now all I can see is my singed hand!! Take the stupid ring, and leave me in peace!

ARAGORN: Open war is upon you, whether you would risk it or not.

THEODEN: When last I looked I was mortally wounded by the eyebrows of Lord Elrond. How did you live in Rivendell so long and survive the flappage? You truly are a brave man, Aragorn!