The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The *new* Barrow Downs photo page! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=11909)

ninja91 10-30-2006 11:17 AM

I have sent my photo to Tigerlily , and hopefully she received it. It is a semi-cool one, with me at around the 2-mile-mark leading one of my teammates and a kid from North Farmington in our duel meet against them earlier in October. We did not have much trouble beating them, either... ;)

Tigerlily Gamgee 11-05-2006 06:18 PM

Ok, I had to remove the Tagboard from the photo page, because for some reason it was causing that password prompting. Deleting the tag board seems to have taken care of the problem.
Please inform me if you run into problems again. I have no clue how long this issue has been going on... I just got a message from littlemanpoet today about it. Sorry... stupid Tagboard!

I do have about 3 photos in my inbox. I should have time this week to get them up... work has been very very busy lately. Thanks for your patience :)

Rune Son of Bjarne 11-05-2006 06:27 PM

Although I am sad the tag-board is gone, I am happy that the problems has been dealt with. I normaly looked on the Photopage quite often, but that password thing made me stop doing that.

Anyways thanks for taking care of things Tigerlily.

ninja91 11-06-2006 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerlily Gamgee
I do have about 3 photos in my inbox. I should have time this week to get them up... work has been very very busy lately. Thanks for your patience :)

Including mine! :D :D

Rikae 11-06-2006 05:57 PM

I've seen less than half of you half as much as I should like, and I didn't expect half of you were half as good looking as you really are.

I'm sending my photo, just to be presumptuous. :p

Estelyn Telcontar 11-07-2006 10:45 AM

I've sent Tigerlily a new picture of me, taken at the Hobbiton movie site in Matamata, New Zealand on my recent trip there. Sorry, but it was too cold and windy for costumes... ;)

Gil-Galad 11-07-2006 05:41 PM

because of great demand, i'll be sending a new pic as soon as i get it

mormegil 11-07-2006 05:51 PM

Okay I will post it here and hope that Tigerlilly gets it for her page. I'm not in love with this picture but it's the most recent I have of the family...maybe I'll get some for Christmas. This picture is a couple months old already.

[IMG]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...l/PICT0276.jpg[/IMG]

Rune Son of Bjarne 11-07-2006 05:56 PM

Beautiful wife and children you have there Mormegil, you look kind of scary though. . . ;)

Feanor of the Peredhil 11-07-2006 06:17 PM

morm, your kids are basically adorable.

the end.

narfforc 11-08-2006 12:46 AM

Mormegil you are surely blessed by Eru

Kath 11-08-2006 07:20 AM

Gorgeous kids morm. :)

the phantom 11-08-2006 08:02 AM

Awww.... Such a lovely family.

Little do they know that their picture has been hijacked by some monkey named morm.

:p

Tigerlily Gamgee 11-08-2006 10:29 AM

Thank you all for your patience! Updated with a bunch of new photos today!

Valier 11-08-2006 02:57 PM

Watch out Rune!!!! There's a monster behind you!!!!! ;) :p

Lalaith 11-08-2006 03:25 PM

Nice pics, everyone.
Looking through them again, I am convinced Gothmog and Valesse must be related. They are looking at the camera in exactly the same way.

alatar 11-08-2006 03:48 PM

Cool picture, Esty. That structure in which you stand seems oddly familiar...;)

And nice family portrait, mormegil. Did you have to use staples and glue (to keep your children in the picture) as well?

Thanks to Tigerlily Gamgee for maintaining the site.

Farael 11-08-2006 03:58 PM

Just wait Alatar.... if your girls (you have two girls, right?) are anything like my sister, in a few years time you'll have to STOP them from taking pictures. Of course, you probably won't be featured in any of those, for they will much rather take pictures of their friends, and if nothing else, themselves.

But I just HAVE to say that Morm is a lucky fellow... your family looks great in the picture. How old is the lil' one? she reminds me of my baby cousin, who is no longer so much of a baby.

alatar 11-08-2006 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farael
you have two girls, right?

Three. :rolleyes:

Hookbill the Goomba 11-08-2006 04:25 PM

Rune, I hope you don't mind if I borrow (read: steal) that picture for an upcoming edition of The Downer. :D

mormegil 11-08-2006 05:09 PM

She is 3 at the time and that was about 5 months and the other is now 1.

JennyHallu 11-08-2006 05:58 PM

He's teasing. That little one with the hair issues is morm. The tall one helps the little one type.

Rune Son of Bjarne 11-08-2006 06:01 PM

That is quite alright Hookie. . .

Actually I am sitting infront of the entrance to a Barrow on this picture. . .very fitting, don't you think?

Holbytlass 11-09-2006 01:01 PM

That's you, Rune?! I pictured you with dark hair. But then I always picture people with dark hair :D. Glad to see the updates of anticipated ones *coughMorm* and some great updated surprises, also new faces!!

Thanks for your hard work, Tigerlilly!

Rune Son of Bjarne 11-09-2006 05:30 PM

Indeed that is me. . .well my hair has grown darker as it does each winter, so maybe I look more like you pictured me now.

Nimrodel_9 11-25-2006 02:41 PM

Why it's mormegil, my fellow Utahn! You have beautiful kids! :D

Well, I finally sent mine in. I hope I did it right.... I need to learn to be smarter than the computer.... :rolleyes:

Nimmy :D

Beleg Cuthalion 12-03-2006 09:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
After much deliberation I have finally decided to submit a pic of myself for the photo page (not that anyone is probably interested :p ) So with out further ado

Me

Beleg Cuthalion 12-05-2006 11:02 PM

44 views... Ok let's be honest people, how many of you spent more then 5 seconds staring at my size 13’s, trying to discover the man behind the…… Hmmm…err...behind the...?.....well behind something!

~Beleg :p

Alkanoonion 12-07-2006 04:21 PM

Some great pictures here, I will have to see if I can get my hands on my sister’s camera so that I can send a more recent photo of myself. Beleg that picture reminds me of Burt from sesame street ;) www.muppetcentral.com/news/2003/120903.shtml

High King Fingolfin 12-08-2006 12:17 AM

I'm just too lazy to send one in. Then again I suppose I could just have Oro send one in for me, but I'm too lazy to do that either. Also, the masses would faint in shock at exactly how geeky and/or stuck up I can look.

Orominuialwen 12-10-2006 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by High King Fingolfin
I'm just too lazy to send one in. Then again I suppose I could just have Oro send one in for me, but I'm too lazy to do that either. Also, the masses would faint in shock at exactly how geeky and/or stuck up I can look.

Or how young he is. :p HKF is three years my junior, and I'm not particularly old myself. You just know that since he's said this, I have to scan his school picture and send it in. I should also post the picture we had taken with our mom dressed in hobbit costume three years ago, just so you can see how much we all look like Shire-folk. ;)

Brinniel 12-10-2006 11:11 PM

Well, HKF's appearance may not be a complete mystery. I believe I might have seen a picture of him through Oro's Facebook. :p

Quote:

I should also post the picture we had taken with our mom dressed in hobbit costume three years ago, just so you can see how much we all look like Shire-folk.
Indeed, from the pictures I've seen, the two of you do look very hobbitish...

High King Fingolfin 12-11-2006 12:24 AM

The hobbit-pictures aren't actually very old, but I look completely different in them from how I do now. I don't look nearly so hobbitish as I did. When I was younger I looked like a cross between Elijah Wood and Paul McCartney.

Oro always has to do things like this to me. :rolleyes:

Brinniel 12-13-2006 10:29 PM

After looking at it over and over again, I've come to the conclusion that Cailín shockingly resembles Scarlett Johansson. :cool:

Valier 12-19-2006 10:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tigerlily can you please take down my old picture and replace it with this new one.
It is Naria on the left and Valier on the right.

When we first started on the Downs we decided on our first deathday that we would send in a photo of us together, and so we did. Enjoy :p :D

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone.

Thinlómien 12-20-2006 07:13 AM

You're both very pretty... and Valier, you look just like your dancing kitten avvie! :p :D

littlemanpoet 12-20-2006 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brinniel
After looking at it over and over again, I've come to the conclusion that Cailín shockingly resembles Scarlett Johansson. :cool:

Except that Cailín is prettier. ;)

Valier 12-20-2006 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lommy
You're both very pretty... and Valier, you look just like your dancing kitten avvie!

Why thank you!! And I'm not sure if looking like a hairy little dancing kitty is a good thing or bad. :p

Naria 12-20-2006 01:20 PM

Awww you're a sweety Lommy, thank you. You have no idea though, how many shots we took to get that one good picture :eek: we either looked possessed(with evil smiles) or blurry and possessed :D

Rune Son of Bjarne 12-20-2006 02:58 PM

You are lying Naria. . . I have seen some of those photos and for some reason you always looked good, Val on the other hand often looked possessed ;)