The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Barrow Treasures REMNANT SALE!! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=11369)

Thenamir 11-19-2004 03:23 PM

Barrow Treasures REMNANT SALE!!

<overkill mode=ON>
:eek: ***REMNANT BLOWOUT MEGA-SALE*** :eek:
***EXTRAVAGANZA OF VALUES***
<overkill mode=OFF>

The BIGGEST (and only) sale in the (short) history of the Barrow-Downs!
Quantities are VERY LIMITED, when they're gone, they're GONE, act NOW!!

This is a partial list of the One-of-a-kind Barrow-Downs Brand quality merchandise, more items to follow:

Barrow Downs Golf/Baseball caps: Only THREE remaining, $7.00 each

Barrow Downs T-Shirts!
  • Small -- only ONE left, $8.99
  • Large - Only FIVE left, $9.99 each
  • X-Large - only TWO left, $9.99 each

Barrow Downs COFFEE MUGS: only 24 remaining, $4.99 each or 6 for $25

There are also some odds and ends from the Action Figures, I have a limited number of Two Towers and Fellowship of the Ring figures remaining, if you have one in mind, please ask. My e-mail address is (not surprisingly) thenamir@barrowdowns.com. I do accept MasterCard and Visa through the PayPal website. Please e-mail me so I can let you know what the shipping costs will be.

Thanks again, and have a great holiday season!

Vince "Thenamir" Smith

Lindolirian 11-19-2004 03:36 PM

So, how do you want us to order them? Just email... and what if we don't have a PayPal account?

Thenamir 11-19-2004 03:47 PM

If you can't do PayPal, I'll take checks, well-concealed cash, money orders, or just about anything else of value short of Mardi-Gras beads. :D

Thenamir

Thenamir 11-19-2004 05:44 PM

Now there are only 4 Large t-shirts left!

Thenamir 12-04-2004 01:32 AM

REMNANT SALE Update

There are now officially no X-Large shirts remaining. Still have a couple of Large and 1 Small. Baseball caps and coffee mugs too! Great holiday gifts for the dead one on your list this year. :eek:

HerenIstarion 12-04-2004 02:58 AM

Can you accept direct credit card transactions? I would be glad to order Large one, but Georgia is not on the list of countries residents of which may set up an account it PayPal. Thank you :)

Snowdog 12-06-2004 09:52 AM

Barrow Downs gear

Quote:

There are now officially no X-Large shirts remaining.
I must have gotten the last? :D

Nice mug too! Tough. The first thing I did as I took it into the kitchen was drop it on the floor. it bounced around and made alot of noise, but came out of it with nary a scratch! I had a hot cocoa in it soon after.

Thenamir 07-18-2007 03:56 PM

Gotta ping this thread back to the top -- lots of mugs left, couple of baseball caps...a few t-shirts, sizes small and large...action figures...make me an offer, I want to unload this stuff. :D

Hookbill the Goomba 10-02-2007 01:55 PM

Do you has...

any T-Shirts left? I've been meaning to get one for a while, but never had the cash before...

Bęthberry 10-03-2007 06:49 AM

One of my mugs broke and now my matched set is unmatched. I don't suppose that Thenamir, since I was such a good customer in the past, would donate one of the extra mugs to my refurbish the set?

He can PM me if he needs an address.

What kind of action figures did the Barrow Downs have? Can we gets an obloquy? How about a Squatter of Amon Rudh and a Rimbaud? Would there be a davem and a Lalwende? Surely there must be a set of the rpg mods, Child and Pio? And of course Estelyn Telcontar. I bet her action figure comes with a skwerl.

Thenamir 10-04-2007 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bb
I don't suppose that Thenamir, since I was such a good customer in the past, would donate one of the extra mugs to my refurbish the set?

I might be persuaded, but keep it quiet, don't tell anyone. I wouldn't want it to get around that Thenamir, the Spectre of Capitalism, was giving anything away. I have a reputation to uphold!:smokin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookbill
any T-Shirts left?

I have exactly ONE t-shirt left, size Large. I have exactly one baseball cap left. I still have plenty of the mugs. Make me an offer. :p

Hookbill the Goomba 10-05-2007 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenamir (Post 533349)
I have exactly ONE t-shirt left, size Large. I have exactly one baseball cap left. I still have plenty of the mugs. Make me an offer. :p

I has PMéd you on this matter. :)

Bęthberry 10-06-2007 09:44 AM

A round about

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenamir (Post 533349)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bb
I don't suppose that Thenamir, since I was such a good customer in the past, would donate one of the extra mugs to my refurbish the set?

I might be persuaded, but keep it quiet, don't tell anyone. I wouldn't want it to get around that Thenamir, the Spectre of Capitalism, was giving anything away. I have a reputation to uphold!:smokin:

My dear Thenamir, where you are concerned, it would appear that everything gets around. Or comes around. Even if you aren't around more often!

Snowdog 03-12-2008 11:48 PM

My Barrow Downs t-shirt, along with my Minas Tirith t-shirt, are safely folded and put away in my drawer as its way to warm here to be wearing them.
I do contemplate making them into sleeveless shirts, which would be worn regularly...

Oh, my mug was left behind at the house after my divorce. If you have a couple left,
I may be interested in getting them as they were perfect for the morning coffee. :cool:

THE Ka 03-13-2008 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenamir
I wouldn't want it to get around that Thenamir, the Spectre of Capitalism, was giving anything away. I have a reputation to uphold!

...And Carnegie was a collectivist anarchist...? :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenamir
I still have plenty of the mugs. Make me an offer.

Indeed, I shall. Unfotunately I was too young, poor and foolish a whelp to procure one and donate some lovely monies to the Downs. Now I wish I could pull a back to the past and back to the future with my bank account, but alas not possible.
What is possible is bartering, with cash and other standards, though my market is only supported with 'hope in paper'. Will this work? :cool:

~ Hopeful Ka

Hookbill the Goomba 03-17-2008 07:02 AM

Any coffee mugs left, sir? :D

I kind of want one, but then again, I'd only use it for tea, not coffee. You don't have any Barrow Downs teapots do you? :cool:

Bęthberry 03-17-2008 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba (Post 550631)
Any coffee mugs left, sir?

I kind of want one, but then again, I'd only use it for tea, not coffee. You don't have any Barrow Downs teapots do you?

If Thenamir has not got a teapot, may I offer these? I've always thought rather affectionately of the Barrow Downs--or of certain Downers--whenever I've seen these teapots:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64...atteapot2a.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64...catteapot3.jpg

Bęthberry 03-17-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba (Post 550631)
Any coffee mugs left, sir?

I kind of want one, but then again, I'd only use it for tea, not coffee. You don't have any Barrow Downs teapots do you?

On the other hand, perhaps these have more of a Middle earth flavour to recommend themselves:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64...ddleearth1.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64...ddleearth2.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64...ddleearth3.jpg

Perhaps the good storeman would consider augmenting the items in the Barrow Downs store, what with this new Hobbit movie a possibility?

THE Ka 03-17-2008 04:50 PM

The first one is lovely!

Now I miss taking pottery... So many lovely teapots could have been made, now that I can keep the clay from falling...:rolleyes:

Hmm, that gives me a bit of an idea. Possibly having BD swaps, of mugs and pots? Though, I don't know how much time that'll take. Just an idea I guess.

~ Ka

Thenamir 05-19-2008 12:47 PM

<Thenamir opens his cobweb-covered private entrance to the Downs and peeks in.>

Ah. Mugs and such. Many mugs still very much available. Half-price sale! Buy one, get one free! :D

No teapots, alas.

TheGreatElvenWarrior 06-16-2008 02:02 PM

I would dearly love some Barrow-Downs merchandise! But alas, I don't have monies to spend on it and my parents probably wouldn't buy it. I like Hookbill's idea for a teapot. I would put it in our china cabinet and use it regularly!:D

Snowdog 07-01-2008 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenamir (Post 555947)
<Thenamir opens his cobweb-covered private entrance to the Downs and peeks in.>

Ah. Mugs and such. Many mugs still very much available. Half-price sale! Buy one, get one free! :D

No teapots, alas.

So that would be two mugs for $4.99? I could use a couple decent mugs.
I still have my shirt but "lost" the mug in a divorce.

Shipping will likely be more than the mugs....

TheGreatElvenWarrior 07-01-2008 12:52 AM

So I'm guessing that there is no more t-shirts? I guess I missed it... darn, I could've pestered my mom to give one to me for Christmas ar a very belated birthday present.... Too bad. I would like a mug though, but I need to get money to pay for it with.

mark12_30 07-01-2008 04:19 PM

Are they half-pint mugs? Or Does It come in Pints? I drink my tea by the pint.

Thenamir 07-01-2008 08:24 PM

They are, unfortunately, half-pint mugs (standard US coffee-mug size). However, since they are buy-one-get-one-free, you can have your pint of tea in two gleaming Barrow-Downs mugs!

Thenamir 07-02-2008 01:35 PM

Sorry, I didn't answer the other questions -- no t-shirts, no hats left. Mugs are 2-for-$4.99-plus-shipping -- and unlike some unscrupulous types on E-bay, I don't inflate the shipping charges. I charge actual, verifiable shipping costs.

Glad to help!

Hookbill the Goomba 07-02-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenamir (Post 561382)
Sorry, I didn't answer the other questions -- no t-shirts, no hats left. Mugs are 2-for-$4.99-plus-shipping -- and unlike some unscrupulous types on E-bay, I don't inflate the shipping charges. I charge actual, verifiable shipping costs.

Glad to help!

Yes, you are remarkably reasonable!

Can't wait for my mug! :D

Bęthberry 07-02-2008 02:22 PM

Barrow Downs mugs look like this; you can compare them to the books behind them to judge their size:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64...s/IMG_0003.jpg

TheGreatElvenWarrior 07-31-2008 11:34 AM

I don't suppose I could make my own BD t-shirt... Because if Thenamir is all out, then I couldn't just get one from him... And I wants one!

Gwathagor 09-08-2008 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior (Post 563866)
I don't suppose I could make my own BD t-shirt... Because if Thenamir is all out, then I couldn't just get one from him... And I wants one!

Me too.

Mithalwen 09-08-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior (Post 563866)

You could do something with transfers surely? My god daughter mad t shirts and badges for one of her Discworld MUD-meets.

TheGreatElvenWarrior 09-20-2008 03:03 AM

I PMed Then and he gave me the go for making t-shirts... I will probably have one for each day of the week! All eight days... oh wait...;)

Snowdog 03-02-2010 09:07 PM

I'm taking good care of my Barrow Downs shirt. :smokin: