The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Novices and Newcomers (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE (Part 2) (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=3380)

The Barrow-Wight 06-04-2003 11:54 AM

NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE (Part 2)

Unlike other message boards, the Barrow-Downs does not require new members to introduce themselves before posting. If you feel the need to announce your arrival, please do so here rather than opening a new thread for that purpose.

Welcome to the Barrow-Downs everyone!

barandilwen 06-04-2003 09:43 PM

thanks a lot to saphire_flame for the tips and to yavanna228 for welcoming me here at the barrow-downs! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

piosenniel 06-05-2003 02:49 AM

Welcome to the Downs, barandilwen!

Come travel through the Shire sometime!

Arwen Imladris 06-05-2003 02:10 PM

Hi barandilwen, Ophelia, Brionna, Firladion Greenbow, Ava, Idunn, Malteser, Aredhel Idril Telcontar, Aredhel Idril Telcontar, Edie Imiriegil, Mood, Kem, Gandalf The Grey, EvennStarr8, Imbetalath, Varda, Lor Stoneeyes, Tarien Ithil, Tefalathiel, Finwe, Acantalus Elessar, Nerwen, and Camilla Muddyfoot! Welcome to the downs! Post well.

Sindahir 06-05-2003 05:00 PM

Hello all, I am one of the newbies here. I have been using this site to look at the forums and to learn more about LOTR. Finally this morning i decided to join, adn well here i am. And I am also one that dousn't post all that often, but who knows, maybe that'll change.

Theoric Windcaller 06-05-2003 10:11 PM

Hello. I am not too new here, but, I just want to make some new friends, be acquainted with some Barrow-Downers, so, if anyone is willing to talk, I would be happy to.

Hope to see some of you guys/gals around!

God bless you all!

Yavanna228 06-06-2003 06:21 AM

Welcome Sindahir and Theoric Windcaller! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Glad to have you. Enjoy your time here, but remember to post well, stay on topic, don't annoy the moderators, and use the search function before putting up a new thread. Private Messaging is a way to 'chat' with members so that the threads don't get chatty and exclusive. If either of you need help, feel free to PM a member or a moderator, and they'll be more than happy to help! Have fun! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Peace

Aule 06-06-2003 08:56 AM

Welcome all you new guys, i gurantee you will love it here. Loadsa friendly people with a hell of a lot of info to hand out.

earendil04 06-08-2003 10:13 AM

Hello!

If been at this page for some time (mostly to play Hangohobbit) and now I think its time to join
So (os we say) Sjöt
[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

arianrod 06-08-2003 02:47 PM

Hullo! I've been to this site many times over the last 2 years or so, but I just now registered for the forum. So... hi! ^_^

mordor136 06-08-2003 03:31 PM

Welcome to the downs arianrod! Hope you have loads of fun posting here. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

drabestmage 06-08-2003 04:00 PM

hi i am new. i know annalaliath. she is nuts.

and look who is talking tim.

Cinderella 06-08-2003 05:32 PM

Hey Everyone... I'm not really a new member, just a new name, something went terribly wrong and my old account went kaput! I used to be Tinuviel87 but I'm starting over now [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] ah well...Wish me luck on my second time around!

elven maiden Earwen 06-08-2003 08:59 PM

Nice to see you Tin-ahh-Cinderella [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] and welcome drabestmage. Enjoy being dead! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sapphire_Flame 06-09-2003 02:02 PM

Suilad a mae govannen to earendil04, arianrod, and drabestmage!

Enjoy being dead. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Phoenix 06-09-2003 03:58 PM

I am new to this forum, but I have to the Barrow-Downs site for quite some time, and absolutely love it. I wish there were more sites like this, ah o'well in good time.

arianrod 06-09-2003 04:14 PM

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! I'm happy to say that I'm already enjoying my stay here at the forums. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

VanimaEdhel 06-09-2003 04:24 PM

I just wanted to say Welcome to all new members that have and will post on here! Mae govannen, mellyn nîn!

Okay: continue introducing yourselves. I just wanted to say "hello" once on here to everyone who has and will join!

Gelion 06-09-2003 10:57 PM

Hello, I am new here. Nothing to add at the moment, but I have been a lurking guest for a while so I know my way around a bit already. Thank you Barrow-Wight for such a great site. I really love the whole thing, especially the forum and that advice column thing.

Orofaniel 06-11-2003 09:05 AM

Well, I'm not "that" new, If you know what I mean..... But I just discovered this tread, so I thought I should indroduce myself...

Hello everyone!! I'm Orofâniel, but you can all just call me Oro...(which means gold in Italien, just thought you wanted to know... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )I'm not Italian, though.

Hm.....what is there to tell?
Well, I love Tolkien and his books...And I'm trying to learn Quenya. I find that very interesting...I just started learning it so I can only say small sentences, but I'm hoping to learn more...

Oro [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ June 11, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]

Corwyn Celesil 06-11-2003 11:53 AM

Greetings. I am Corwyn Celesil, and this is the first time I have done anything of this sort on any sort of website. I have been a regular visitor at Barrow-Downs for several months and recently decided I should join.

Arwen Imladris 06-11-2003 12:41 PM

Hi Sindahir, Theoric Windcaller, earendil04, arianrod, drabestmage, Cinderella, Phoenix, Gelion, Orofaniel, and Corwyn Celesil! Welcome to the downs! Post well.

Lëowen 06-11-2003 04:27 PM

I'm not actually new here, I just changed my name- it was Nuinatariel.
Argh... newly deceased again. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Mippin 06-11-2003 05:13 PM

As am I Lëowen.. I was ElenCala Isil... but I'm thinking you already knew that.. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

piosenniel 06-12-2003 02:42 AM

Welcome my dear dead!

Come browse the Shire, if you will!

~~ Piosenniel, Shire Moderator [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

ambi 06-13-2003 02:48 AM

Hi, I'm a big Tolkien fan from India. I've been registered for a long time but have never come to the forums before. At least, I came once and made a couple of posts or so.

I was introduced to Tolkien 6 years ago when I was only 10. I don't mind "any" of the changes made in TTT. I think that Peter Jackson has done a great job. I'm a big fan (almost as big as Tolkien's) of Blind Guardian which is a metal band. They have recorded a whole album (Nightfall in Middle Earth) dedicated to The Silmarillion.

Annalaliath 06-13-2003 01:45 PM

Just wanted to say welcome to the new ones. I would have posted for Tim... I mean drabestmage. Old freind. Any way welcome all of you. Even Theoric Windcaller ......

And yes I did steal the key borde from Tim(drabestmage).

See ya around.

[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]

Gorisil 06-13-2003 04:18 PM

Hello

I am new here I joined a few days ago but time just seems to run away with me. I have looked around the Barrow-Downs Forum and I find it very interesting, the debates, theories and the magnificent Tolkien conversation you Downers have. I can not wait to be a part of it.

Namarie

Edie 06-13-2003 05:05 PM

hullo all.

Balin999 06-14-2003 01:12 AM

Hi to all new members, especially earendil04 for being from Austria (at least that's what you have written in the "location" thing)
Enjoy your stay here!

Tarien Ithil 06-18-2003 11:55 AM

Hey Edie!

Thanks for your vague but friendly greeting. Welcome to the Downs and have a good posting experiance! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Arwen Imladris 06-18-2003 03:25 PM

Hi Lëowen, or Nuinatariel, whoever you are! Hello Mippin, or ElenCala Isil, Ahhh! Hi ambi, Gorisil, and Edie! Welcome, welcome all! Post well!

dancing spawn of ungoliant 06-19-2003 06:03 AM

hi!
i had not realized how wonderful site this is so i registered recently...great to be here [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
i'm from finland so my english might be little odd at times but i'll use dictionary [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
i hope that i will come to know you some day!

Mariska Greenleaf 06-19-2003 07:29 AM

Hi everybody,

I've been a member for a couple of days now, and I'm already addicted to this site and forum.

Most of my collegues here think I'm weird because of my LOTR obsession, so it is nice to know that there's a lot of people like me out there!

thx [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Annalaliath 06-19-2003 07:48 AM

Welcome all the new ones. This is an adventure in being dead....... I hope you enjoy yourselves.

Annalaliath

Finrod Edennil 06-19-2003 03:57 PM

Greetings, all.

I am new to this board, but not new to Tolkien. I've been looking around for a while, and thought I'd just stop by to say hello to everyone here.

I've read The Hobbit, LotR, the Silmarillion, the UT, and all of the histories except #11 (which I can't find!!!)

My favorite of Tolkien's works is Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth (hence my name) - it makes me cry every time I read it, from the poetry of the language and the tragedy of the story.

I'm sure I'll have fun exploring this site!

[ June 19, 2003: Message edited by: Finrod Edennil ]

Gorwingel 06-19-2003 04:28 PM

Welcome Finrod Edennil
You sound like you are very educated in the works of Tolkien. You should probably rush over to the Books forum as soon as possible, because that sounds like the place for you.

Oh my, we are already at 8183 members, how the number has increased since I came here [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Maikadurwen 06-20-2003 11:46 AM

im new im maikadurwen i just started posting yester day and im elvish beware of evil cave trolls

Annalaliath 06-20-2003 12:00 PM

Welcome to the dead. I trust your journey was not too horrable for you. It is nice to know that there are others out there with the same interests ideas and such. Nice to see you all.

Olorin 06-20-2003 12:49 PM

Welcome all new downers! It's nice to see more new Tolkien enthusiasts! Oh, and enjoy being dead. Hehe. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]