The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Best Avatars (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=4543)

Liriodendron 05-01-2003 09:43 PM

Yes, your avatar is perfect! I like you, too...For hosting my avatar! You are a "boney" doll! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Thanks again!

Niluial 05-03-2003 06:20 AM

No one will probably reply but anyway! Do you think I should keep my old avatar or get a new one? These are my options; (oh and my current avatar)

http://www.gamespy.com/avatars/av/FA/fa252.gif

http://www.gamespy.com/avatars/av/FA/fa263.gif

http://www.gamespy.com/avatars/av/FA/fa275.gif

http://www.gamespy.com/avatars/av/FA/fa351.gif

ElentariGreenleaf 05-03-2003 08:33 AM

TOP ONE TOP ONE TOP ONE! No one replied to my post like that. Osawela, I picked anyway. What do you think Nilu? Are you gonna change it on Imladris too?

Helkahothion 05-03-2003 08:39 AM

Second lowest if you ask me. But ater that I should say keep yours.

ElentariGreenleaf 05-03-2003 08:45 AM

Oooo, Helka, like your Levitating Gandalf one ^_-

Helkahothion 05-03-2003 08:52 AM

Levitating Gandalf? Did I miss something here. Last time I checked it was Legolas jumping down and then beackoning Gandalf to jump. It could be confusing when the order of vieuw is not known I guess hehehe.

ElentariGreenleaf 05-03-2003 08:58 AM

Well it's the levitating Gandalf in my mind.................... I think you should have the levitating Gandalf one...... ^_-

Helkahothion 05-03-2003 09:00 AM

LOL

ElentariGreenleaf 05-03-2003 09:02 AM

Hehe......

My avatar was hand drawn by..... ME! It's my lastest anime piccy!

Helkahothion 05-03-2003 09:05 AM

Anime RULEZ! I tried to do one a while ago, but my scanner messed it up completly. Then I drew another one. In Paint! So that one was kinda crappy too. I will do a big one in time. Than I will finaly have an Avatar that suits me well. YAYAYAYAY, Anuion on the barrowdowns!

*does a little celebrating dance*

ElentariGreenleaf 05-03-2003 09:38 AM

What I do, is do a line drawing in pencil. Then I use a black fineliner to go over it and rub out the pencil. I then scan it at 10% at 600dpi. Then I colour it with Adobe Photoshop ^_^ Easy enough, but the colouring normally takes ages! I just do A4 size pics, then I normally scan them in for fun, but I decided to turn them into Avatars. They're all on the last page ^_-

GaladrieloftheOlden 05-03-2003 10:12 AM

Nil-BOTTOM ONE BOTTOM ONE BOTTOM ONE! Or if not bottom one then second from the top one [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~Menelien

Sophia the Thunder Mistress 05-03-2003 10:38 AM

I like second from the top, Nil... or the one you have now [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I don't know if I'd recognize you without it...

Lyra Greenleaf 05-03-2003 11:14 AM

I say the top one, if you have to change. Otherwise stick with Galadriel!

Sophia, I love your raindrops, very soothing.

Niluial 05-03-2003 12:07 PM

AHHHHH [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]!!!! Why.. why couldn’t you all say the same one? You leave me with the choice! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Quote:

I don't know if I'd recognize you without it...
That’s what I worry about! So after allot of deciding I choose MY CURRENT ONE [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]! She is so… me ….. I don’t know if I sound stupid but the avatar I have now suits my name! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:

Otherwise stick with Galadriel!
That’s the spirit!!!

Quote:

What do you think Nilu? Are you gonna change it on Imladris too?
I’ll change it in Imladris…. though!

Niluial 05-03-2003 12:10 PM

I forgot to say! Thank you everyone for your response! I never new everyone took note of me [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Helkahothion 05-03-2003 12:37 PM

Sorry to couse confusion. Ill just follow the hurde. (although as many people know that is not mys style at all)

TOP ONE TOP ONE TOP ONE!!!!!!

The Evenstar 05-04-2003 03:38 AM

Yes, Nil. You just wouldn't be....YOU! without your avatar! It suits your personality. Oh and Elentari! I love your hand-drawn avatar. It's great!

Niluial 05-04-2003 05:06 AM

Quote:

Yes, Nil. You just wouldn't be....YOU! Without your avatar! It suits your personality
Thank you The_Evenstar.. anyway of the topic but how do you know my personality.. I believe we have a stalker in our midst (actually quite a few… [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])

Quote:

Oh and Elentari! I love your hand-drawn avatar. It's great!
Yea it is.. how did you do it? And with what program??

ElentariGreenleaf 05-04-2003 06:42 AM

YAY! People are commenting on my avatar... after.. well.... minor persuation... ^_-

Nil, I had to learn anime fisrt ^_- Kinda hard, but it sticks in your head after a while. I scan and color it with AdobePhotoshop 5.5. Quite a hard task, but fun! Then i just kinda scribled for the background ^_^

The Evenstar 05-04-2003 08:52 AM

LOL, Nil!

Yes, I do believe we have a stalker in our midst!

*all eyes turn to....ME!!*

Oh, and Elentari! It's very interesting to hera about the way to designed your avatar. It's brilliant! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Niluial 05-04-2003 10:43 AM

That’s so cool! How long does it take you to make it? Must take days..!!

The_Evenstar you were right that you are a stalker *Ahem* but... I think you were meant to say.. STALKERS *looks at everyone in the room*

Niluial.. http://www.animationlibrary.com/Anim...Stars/Neon.gif like my star??
P.S. Sorry if the star is too big.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

GaladrieloftheOlden 05-04-2003 10:46 AM

Wow. It's really cool. If you were thinking of using it for an avatar, I say t's cool. And when somebody changes avatar, people only don't think of it as being you for a day or two, and then you're you again [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] , so its not like everyone will be ahunting you forever to change it back [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

~Menelien

Niluial 05-04-2003 10:51 AM

Hmmmm true.. but I feel in love with mine (that sounds wrong) but.. I want to change it but I don’t.. every second I just make less and less sense <---- that didn’t even make sense!! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Helkahothion 05-04-2003 11:41 AM

Then don't change it. Your's is fine. When you see a real booming avatar, take it. Else, just leave it the way it is.

Aylwen Dreamsong 05-04-2003 11:49 AM

I like your purple star, Niluial! Perty-ful!

Helka's got a new one too, I see.

Aylwen

Helkahothion 05-04-2003 11:52 AM

Yes, his arrogant look appealed to me. I wonder why.

But it is just temporarely. I'm working my new avatar with pencil.

Aylwen Dreamsong 05-04-2003 11:55 AM

Quote:

Yes, his arrogant look appealed to me. I wonder why.
I don't.

Oh and Niluial, if you like the star, you should go ahead and use it, 'cause it's sharp-looking! But if you aren't sure, just keep good ol' Galadriel!

Aylwen

[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]

Lyra Greenleaf 05-04-2003 12:00 PM

It's very you, Helka. But not Legolas...boo hoo.

Niluial 05-04-2003 12:11 PM

Quote:

Yes, his arrogant look appealed to me. I wonder why. But it is just temporarily. I'm working my new avatar with pencil.
Thats the spirit! Yup arrogant and perfect ( [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])… I like him.. he is.. well like you said arrogant!

Quote:

Oh and Niluial, if you like the star, you should go ahead and use it, 'cause it's sharp-looking! But if you aren't sure, just keep good ol' Galadriel!
Ok.. I’m giving it a try.. but if I don’t like it! I wont use it.. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Lets see

Quote:

It's very you, Helka. But not Legolas...boo hoo.
Lol Lyra.. your so funny!

Niluial 05-04-2003 12:16 PM

What do you think? Turns around....

Niluial 05-04-2003 12:19 PM

AHH!!! I dont like it!! *Niluial runs out the door and changes it*...

I think I should just wait for the right one.. maybe the one I have is the right one.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sophia the Thunder Mistress 05-04-2003 12:36 PM

Aw, Nil I liked it...

And two big thumbs up for Helka's arrogant man too [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Sophia

Helkahothion 05-04-2003 12:44 PM

Thanks Sophia.

HAHAHA you changed back from your star so fast, that I did not even see it. Ah well, if you don't like it, no one does. I guess. In a way. But anyway, the Galadriel still fit's you I guess. An avatar is supposed to remind you of someone, and that one reminds me of you. It's like Maika's cookie eating dragon.

Lyra Greenleaf 05-04-2003 12:56 PM

Yay, I'm glad Galadriel's back!

Helkahothion 05-04-2003 01:00 PM

Lyra, you have to tell me! Where did you got that avatar from? I luv it!

Niluial 05-04-2003 01:00 PM

Quote:

HAHAHA you changed back from your star so fast, that I did not even see it
Hehehehe [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ... sorry you did not see it.. maybe one day the little fellow will be shown off.. only for a day [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]!

Quote:

Ah well, if you don't like it, no one does. I guess. In a way.
Yup.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] its also like when I am not happy I make sure no one ells is [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]...

Quote:

But anyway, the Galadriel still fit's you I guess. An avatar is supposed to remind you of someone, and that one reminds me of you
Aww you too kind!! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Quote:

It's like Maika's cookie eating dragon.
Yea he is cute... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Helkahothion 05-04-2003 01:06 PM

WOW, that was the first time somebody quotet almost my entire post. I feel honored. Every word was true there Nuluial.

Niluial 05-04-2003 02:25 PM

Quote:

WOW, that was the first time somebody quotet almost my entire post. I feel honored. Every word was true there Nuluial.
Oh lol I love quoting! I never knew anyone would be happy that I quoted almost everything they said.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Helkahothion 05-04-2003 02:27 PM

Oh my god [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Now you quoted my entire post