The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   lotr comebacks & remarks (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5493)

TimidDrake 09-15-2002 02:40 PM

lotr comebacks & remarks

I know all of us obsessed fans are guilty of making lotr related comebacks and remarks, I make several a day ,can’t think of any at this time [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] , any one care to share some of the wittier ones and any other obsseive things you do? And don't be shy!

DarkRose 09-15-2002 03:58 PM

Just to let you know --
The topic of what obsessive things LOTR fans do is already here.

dark_one 09-16-2002 01:09 PM

Sometimes I randomly start talking like Gollum. When someone gives me something, I take it and say "My precioussss." Whenever someone mentions fish I say "Nice fissssh!"

I also tend to use the phrase "Fool of a Took" whenever someone says something stupid.

Keeper of the Feet of Melkor 09-18-2002 09:55 PM

dark_one, I do the same thing...
And whe my friends ask me for food I grasp it and say "my preciousss fishsss" lol

Lady_Galadriel 09-20-2002 04:41 PM

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I always say "fool of a took" or "theif of a baggins" an whenever someone says something odd ( like"im gonna go smell fish food") I say "whatever sams your gamgee" or "whatever finds your ring" their endless!!!

VanimaEdhel 09-20-2002 04:42 PM

I say "What is this new devilry?" and I constantly use the phrase "my preciousssss"

Isilya 09-20-2002 08:44 PM

I'm slightly notorious for saying "Now that's an eyeopener, and no mistake".

Liriodendron 09-20-2002 09:54 PM

Whenever I need to describe something as "the big one", I say it like Merry did when they were snitching Gandalf's fireworks. "Big One!", "the big one!" [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Elenna 09-22-2002 01:57 PM

I mutter in Elvish and whisper "Ai! Ai! A balrog is come!" to my LOTR obsessed best friend whenever our assistant principal walks by.

Merry_Pippin_Frodo_Sam 10-12-2002 11:59 AM

i have a VERY bad habit or saying

NASSSSSTY BAGGINSSSSS!!!!!!
he stole our preciousss and we wantss it!!!

and what have i got in my pocketses?

mmmmmyyyy precioussssssss

Lady_Galadriel 10-12-2002 12:14 PM

every time someone asks me where something is i reply its in an envelope on the mantle peice... no wait, it's here.... in my pocket!!

I just love it when it really is in my pocket, and i can just pull it out for proof!!! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Marillanna Sarnie 10-13-2002 06:06 PM

lol! Whenever someone offers me something I don't want, I'll go into the "don't tempt me ____! I'd use the ______ out of a desire to good, but through me, it would wield a power too terrible to be imagined!" I got a strange look when I said that about doughnuts to my mom! Doughnuts wielding terrible power! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] . I also love talking like Gollum!

Nevfeniel 10-13-2002 08:34 PM

Quote:

I mutter in Elvish and whisper "Ai! Ai! A balrog is come!" to my LOTR obsessed best friend whenever our assistant principal walks by.
http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish...icons/roll.gif http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish...cons/laugh.gif http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish...icons/roll.gif

gralin musicteeth 10-14-2002 11:08 AM

hehehe. i often use the phrase "from whence it came" for example:
"_______ i don't like you. i'm gonna throw you back into the fiery chasm from whence you came"
it's sad, i know

Losthuniel 10-14-2002 05:40 PM

I mutter Sindarin insults at everyone, but mostly at my math teacher, who I DESPISE, and I curse in orcish ("Buglush!" is very useful. It's orcish for excrement.)

Artanis 10-14-2002 08:19 PM

This is great! Where is you learn the orcish curses? Was it from the bit in the TT where Merry und Pippen are kid/hobbitnapped? I mutter in Elvish, have asked people to call me my Elvish name (Artanis, no duh) and have recently taken to calling my little sister "Spawn of Ungolant(sp?)". When she says that we have the same mother, and we would both be the aforementioned Spawn, I tell her that I was kidnapped as a child, and am really a Neumanorian(once again, sp?)

bragolheledion 10-15-2002 02:11 AM

alas i too act like lord of the rings charachters but i even talk cryptically sometimes and i ask ppl to call me by my elvish name too lol

arelendil 10-15-2002 11:36 AM

Everyone goes on about elven insults but i've never seen one!! can anyone help? as for comebacks, my friends have an annoying habit (or hobbit in my head)of asking where someone is even if they know. so i tell them that...
a) the went to find the sun OR
b) i tell them to tangado haid (hold your positions) and i'll find out!
they normal then ignore me for the rest of the day giving me time to read!!

Losthuniel 10-15-2002 03:55 PM

Black speech is from the appendices, and the orcs in TTT curse a fair bit, so read that bit over too.

Insults

Artanis 10-15-2002 08:04 PM

danke shune!

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 01-11-2003 11:47 PM

me and my friend call people "Stupid fat hobbit!" when they do something dumb

i call people names in Elvish (my favourite is Cowardly dog! but i cant remember it right now)

my friend and i call her dog Balrog when it misbehaves

Farrehn 01-12-2003 01:15 AM

Whenever I don't like something I always say, "What new devilry is this?"
and when warning someone, "Go back to the shadow!"
Out of the blue i always say, "Where is the horse and the rider?"
Oo! And when I quote Gimli in the second one I do it just for fun!
"We could have picked a better spot!" Gimli
"Toss me,"
"What?"
"I cannot jump the distance so you're going to have to toss me .. .Don't tell the Elf!" Gimli.
"It was deliberate, it was deliberate!" Gimli
"What's happening?" Gimli.
"Shall I describe it to you . . . or shall I find you a box?" Legolas.
"It's the beard," Aragorn. (haha! i always wondered about Dwarvish women.)

Airerûthiel 01-12-2003 06:02 AM

OMG that was sooo funny in maths earlier this week! We'd been given three maths homeworks in a day, and then I went to my friend, "This is but a taste of the terror Saruman will unleash!"

I say, "You shall not pass!" when people knock on my door and I'm not ready or whatever...and I say, "It's mine...my own...my preciousssss!!" a lot too.

Nari 01-12-2003 01:45 PM

when my friends are walking to slow, I shout at them "Noro lim, Asfaloth, noro lim!" and i lash out bilbo style if someone tries to take my spongebob lunchbox away. also when we have an exam or something i look off into the distance and say "a shadow and a threat has been growing in my mind." most of my friends havent seen the movies so it royally freaks them out. especially when i fuss at them in elvish.

Rose Cotton 01-12-2003 05:15 PM

One time I said to my friend, "Now I see your mind!" And I didn't even relize what I said until about a minute later. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I have this whole page on my computer of elvish phrases and there is a part on insults. Here they are:

Cowardly dog(s); Nadorhuan(rim)

Feast of wolves (slain enemy); Mereth en draugrim

Gate bird(slain enemy); Andodulin

Go kiss an orc; Auta miqula orqu

I hate you; Amin delotha lle

Listen to my laughter; Lasta lalaithamin

Much wind pours from your mouth; Antolle ulua sulrim

Son of snakes (dishonest person);Utinu en lokirim

You are king in your imagination; Lle naa haran e’ nausalle

You disgust me; Amin feuya ten’ lle

You smell like a human; Lle holma ve’ edan

You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny; Lle n'vanima ar' lle atara lanneina

Your head is empty;Dolle naa lost

Nari 01-13-2003 01:12 PM

lol those are wonderful! *memorizes*

Morgul Queen 01-16-2003 04:37 AM

Well, Someone I really dislike(Hate is to strong a word) once said good morning to me and I answered "What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not, or that you feel good this morning, or that it is a morning to e good on?" She gave me a LOOK and said something reminicent of "Freak!"
Also on the last day of term I said to my Form Class something along the lines of "I like less than half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." which got me a lot of wierd looks and quite a few "Retard!" 's and one "Fool of a Took!" from the only other person in my class to have read LotR.

Eglaladiel 01-16-2003 07:34 PM

when my french teacher came in one day, i coaxed my friend to do a scene with me;
"bonjour" french teacher
"bonjour Mdme.'ahem'" we say in unison
"what is this new devilry?" my freind
"this foe is beyond any of us...take cover!" i say....hehe....

Greycloak 01-16-2003 10:11 PM

Just wait till we all learn to say "you're late... you look terrible" in Elven.

sassyfriend 09-11-2011 04:54 PM

Le abdollen- is you're late and i've said that to some of my friends lol!!!!