The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Tol-in-Gaurhoth LVIII (Admin Thread) (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=15375)

satansaloser2005 03-10-2009 06:37 PM

Admin Thread for WW LVIII: Escape From Angband (Or Behavioral Modification)

WW LVIII: Escape from Angband (Or Behavioral Modification). Coming soon!

RULES

No double lynches. First to reach vote tally dies in the event of a tie.

PMs must be received at least one hour prior to deadline or they will be denied. Ultimately this is of course at the moddess's discretion and extenuating circumstances will be taken into consideration.

All PMs received before the aforementioned time are accepted, even if a death among the 'gifteds/evils' occurs. This means that if a player is killed during the Night and they have a pick/kill/hunt/dream/etc their purpose is still achieved, regardless of their demise.

If the moddess's PM box is full, please direct PMs to Mnemosyne, who will act as co-mod for this game in the realm of PM overflow, and who will also answer questions in the moddess's absence. Her word is law unless it contradicts the moddess for some inexplicable reason (e.g. she just wants to screw with you all....)

All Nightly PMs (e.g. seer dreams, hunter picks, etc.) will be replied to approximately one hour before deadline, in order of importance as dictated by the moddess.

Retractions. Two per player, which extends for the length of the entire game. If a player has used their two retractions and attempts a third they will be modfired.

If you have any issues with game performance (e.g. you will be gone because you are an idiot and wrecked your car....oh, wait, that's me....sorry) please either post on the admin thread or highlight such announcements. Be kind to your moddess. I'm a bit thick....and I own your soul for the duration of the game.

Deadline. I'm up for anything between 8pm and 1am CT. If my calculations are correct this would be between 1am and 6am GMT. Please correct me if I'm wrong. When you sign up feel free to put your preferred deadline and I will take everyone's opinions into account. (As a warning, on Wednesdays if the deadline is before 10pm I will either call the Day/Night late or will have to have Mnemo call it for me, as I will be at church. Otherwise I should be fine, so I'm willing to go with what is best for you all. Just let me know.)

Now with the formalities out of the way, it's time to get to the....erm, fun stuff....for me that is. :rolleyes:

ROLES

X Were-ducks (yes, ducks, although really it's just that way for narration purposes)
Modified Seer
Modified Ranger
Modified Cobbler
Possible Modified Werebear
Possible Hunter
Lovers (possibly multiples pairs)
Other secret roles

This section will be updated as I type things up, but for now a few disclaimers.

Keep in mind that this game is called Escape from Angband. According to Mnemo, this is the closest reference to an insane asylum in Tolkien. (And I like the sound of it! Yay!) This means that the game will be far from normal, although mechanically it won't be all that out of the ordinary.

It is important to note that everyone in this game will have a role. These may be gifteds, modified baddies, or even tricked out ordos, but no one will receive a PM that simply says "You are an ordo. Have fun!" This game is, as the title implies, intended to be an individual mind trip for all those involved, and will require you all to think outside the box in terms of how you normally approach Werewolf.

With that in mind, you will each receive personalized PMs detailing your obligations and/or role for the game. Some will be fun things for you to do or contain information about Daily challenges you must complete, while others will be highly specific and may contain the moddess synopsis of your playing style/memes. (In advance, no offense is meant to anyone, except of course Phantom and Mith.:Merisu: All of you are fine people and fine players, but since I want to create utter havoc with your brains I first have to identify and disassemble the way you behave now in order to have my fun. Any assumptions I make are my own and no one else's, so if you have a problem with the things I assign for you please feel free to PM/IM/e-mail/call in a couple cases/send me anthrax/facebook me with questions or concerns.)

In short, if you sign up you're basically handing me your sanity, recessive personalities, spare time, and popsicle sticks. I will screw with your head, so be ye warned all that enter here. Not to worry though. This will be fun!

Now, if you survived all that and still want to sign up, feel free. Sorry for writing a novel, but I'm really bad at explaining things.

I know I talked to a bunch of people on IM about joining, but please do sign up here just so I don't leave you out, as I'll be using this thread as the official list and, as you know, my memory kind of sucks.

I typed part of this on Word and then added bits in as I went so I probably have typos and inconsistencies on things. Any questions (and I'm sure there will be) let me know. And no, in advance, I can't really explain the 'modified' gifteds. It's one of the secrets of the game, but I wanted to let you all know that I did in fact have gifteds.

Have at it, loves! Hope to start as soon as I get enough people! :)

~~Sally~~

ADDITION: Deadline is tentatively set for 10pm CT, or what my computer tells me would be 3am GMT. If anyone has huge problems with this please let me know. Thanks~!

Players
Feanor of the Peredhil
Brinniel
wilwarin538
Shastanis Althreduin
Mirandir
Durelin
Nogrod
Isabellkya
Nerwen
Rikae
Mith
Kath
Lari
Mac
Nienna
Gwathagor
Thinlómien
Legate of Amon Lanc
Nilpaurion Felagund

Feanor of the Peredhil 03-10-2009 07:08 PM

I'm in.

Preferred DL is 11pm EST.

Brinniel 03-10-2009 07:36 PM

*signs up*

It'd be super awesome if we could get enough people to join by Friday. :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sally
if you have a problem with the things I assign for you please feel free to PM/IM/e-mail/call in a couple cases/send me anthrax/facebook me with questions or concerns.

Really? We can send you anthrax? Better expect a letter from me then, as I'll be mailing you one shortly. [insert evil laughter] ;)

satansaloser2005 03-10-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brinn
*signs up*

It'd be super awesome if we could get enough people to join by Friday. :cool:

Excellent....*cackles* Yeah, I kind of want to wait to start until after spring break but either way's fine with me. Besides, I can't wait to see how everything works out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brinn
Really? We can send you anthrax? Better expect a letter from me then, as I'll be mailing you one shortly. [insert evil laughter] ;)

Heh, I have the duck screen all my mail. Really, it's nice to have slaves....erm, I mean friends. *shifty eyes*

wilwarin538 03-10-2009 08:18 PM

Count me in!!!!

Preferred deadline would also be about 11 pm EST.

Shastanis Althreduin 03-10-2009 09:44 PM

I'm in, of course. *calls your phone and leaves absurd and highly insane messages*

Preferred deadline is 12 am CT.

Feanor of the Peredhil 03-10-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 (Post 588275)
I kind of want to wait to start until after spring break but either way's fine with me.

I'm with Brinn. The sooner the better. *shifty eyes*

Mirandir 03-10-2009 11:09 PM

So. I do want to play but don't know if I'm going to have the time to devote to it. Put me as a maybe for now and I'll have a decision made closer to start time. :)

Durelin 03-11-2009 10:36 AM

Oh wow. I can see this causing much undue mental stress on top of everything life (mostly school) is throwing at me right now.

I guess I'm in.

Nogrod 03-11-2009 03:25 PM

Looks like an insane game...

So I'm most definitively in although I have a lot of essay-reading in the near future - I'll just steal some time for this.

And I really need to make it to Day3 one day... :rolleyes:

Isabellkya 03-11-2009 06:21 PM

*signs up*

As long as you aren't including actual lobotomies...

I've no preference on time frame.

March 26-29 I will be on a trip, though I will have my laptop with me. But, won't be superduper active - if they are game days. xD

Nerwen 03-11-2009 06:49 PM

Count me in.

the phantom 03-11-2009 08:41 PM

You'd like to think so.

Rikae 03-11-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durelin (Post 588313)
Oh wow. I can see this causing much undue mental stress on top of everything life (mostly school) is throwing at me right now.

I guess I'm in.

:D

What she said.

Mnemosyne 03-11-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the phantom (Post 588383)
You'd like to think so.

*points down at sig*

the phantom 03-11-2009 09:33 PM

And again-

you'd like to think so.

Mithalwen 03-12-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 (Post 588270)
(In advance, no offense is meant to anyone, except of course Phantom and Mith.:Merisu: All of you are fine people and fine players, but since I ]

Oh thanks....and is that as individuals or in combination? And what do you mean TP isn't playing?

And wereducks.... wereducks send me over the edge ... has been scientifically proven by Miss Kath Duck

Nogrod 03-12-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen (Post 588417)
And wereducks.... wereducks send me over the edge ... has been scientifically proven by Miss Kath Duck

It has indeed! :eek:
But only once! Scientific experimenting requires additional testing, you know. And when the scientific experimenting deals with humans we should remember that humans not only act differently on different situations but they may actually learn from their previous mistakes...

So I do recall that game from years ago it seems. There were four of us left: two goodies, one cobbler and the wereduck. I tried to make the other goodie to realise s/he had to be careful with her/his vote as I was not able to hang online all the time and the first to gain the two votes would die in the end of the Day. Spm took the hint and voted me - only to be followed by Kath's immediate vote on me as well. I see now I was too pressed to call my only ally left there and got caught by Spm because of that.

But those are just nice memories now... That game was intense and fun to the end. *sighs*

satansaloser2005 03-12-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen (Post 588417)
Oh thanks....and is that as individuals or in combination? And what do you mean TP isn't playing?

Yes. :p

I mean what I say. He's not playing in the game. Which is okay, because it means we can pick on him and he can't do anything about it. ;)

I assume you're still playing? Not too desolate over the loss of ickle Phantom Pants to play, I hope.

Re: Kath duck. Heh. Just....heh.

Mirandir 03-13-2009 12:37 AM

So after a serious conversation with Brinn that went something akin to the following, it has become painfully clear that there is no way that I'm not playing in this game. :p

The conversation:
Brinn: More people need to sign up. Like you.
Mira: But I have so much to do...Ah f**k it. We all know I'm playing anyway. :rolleyes:

Took some hardcore convincing, let me tell you. And preferred deadline would be 11 or 12pm EST.

satansaloser2005 03-13-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirandir (Post 588526)
So after a serious conversation with Brinn that went something akin to the following, it has become painfully clear that there is no way that I'm not playing in this game. :p

The conversation:
Brinn: More people need to sign up. Like you.
Mira: But I have so much to do...Ah f**k it. We all know I'm playing anyway. :rolleyes:

Took some hardcore convincing, let me tell you. And preferred deadline would be 11 or 12pm EST.

Aha! Brinn, I owe you a cookie. ;)

Heh I assumed you were in (even put you in the sig and everything) and was just waiting for confirmation. Welcome aboard!

Shastanis Althreduin 03-13-2009 07:39 AM

I recruited Izzy, where's my cookie?! :(

Mithalwen 03-13-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 (Post 588517)
Yes. :p

I mean what I say. He's not playing in the game. Which is okay, because it means we can pick on him and he can't do anything about it. ;)

I assume you're still playing? Not too desolate over the loss of ickle Phantom Pants to play, I hope.

Re: Kath duck. Heh. Just....heh.

That is a big assumption. My desolation exceeds that of Smaug.

Mirandir 03-13-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 (Post 588528)
Aha! Brinn, I owe you a cookie. ;)

Heh I assumed you were in (even put you in the sig and everything) and was just waiting for confirmation. Welcome aboard!

Thanks! :D

Kath 03-13-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Thus ... I play! If you'll have me. :)

Lariren Shadow 03-14-2009 10:26 AM

I have absolutely no time to actually play this game next week as I will be trying to write a 20-25 page paper for my senior sem class...but I'm in. As Brinn, Mira, Fea, and Laura's Kelly are telling me to play and threatening me.:rolleyes:

Macalaure 03-14-2009 04:45 PM

I've been lured into joining this game with the promise that I will get to lynch the phantom on Day 1.

I'm in! :)

(though I won't have that much time to play, so don't expect many posts or long analyses...)

Feanor of the Peredhil 03-14-2009 06:56 PM

Good boy.

Nogrod 03-14-2009 07:01 PM

Just a few people in and we'll get this madness rolling...

PM your friends and relatives! :)

Nienna 03-14-2009 09:02 PM

Just to make it official... *signs up*

Mirandir 03-14-2009 11:28 PM

Yay Mac! That one took some convincing. :p

And while I'm at it, yay Nienna! *hearts*

PS. Bubbles.

satansaloser2005 03-14-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macalaure (Post 588665)
I've been lured into joining this game with the promise that I will get to lynch the phantom on Day 1.

I'm in!

(though I won't have that much time to play, so don't expect many posts or long analyses...)

Heh. Well, about that whole lynching Phantom thing....good luck, buddy.

Meh, werewolf is much more important than anything else. With that in mind, I expect a full analysis on each player every hour or you're modfired. (Kidding, of course. I'm not that evil....am I?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil (Post 588685)
Good boy.

Fea, I bloody love you. That is all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nogrod (Post 588686)
Just a few people in and we'll get this madness rolling...

PM your friends and relatives!

Yes please! If you guys know of anyone else that would like to play feel free to PM them. I think if we waited a few more days Gwath may be able to play, but I'm not sure. I'll hold the game until at least Monday or Tuesday, that way more people can join the insanity!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nienna (Post 588698)
Just to make it official... *signs up*

Woot!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirandir (Post 588702)
PS. Bubbles.

Bubbles? No, no bubbles. The bubbles are mine.

++Mira

For stealing my bubbles.

[/moddess snark]

Please note that I've put up a tentative deadline of 10pm CT, which can still change. I just wanted to have an idea of when it would be, and two of the people who have expressed a preference liked that one best (and I know Shasta has no life hehe) so for now I'm up for that one.

Feanor of the Peredhil 03-15-2009 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 (Post 588705)
Bubbles? No, no bubbles. The bubbles are mine.

*chokes on drink*

Rikae 03-15-2009 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil (Post 588719)
*chokes on drink*

What kind of drink? One with bubbles? :Merisu:

satansaloser2005 03-15-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil (Post 588719)
*chokes on drink*

Methinks I missed something. *shifty eyes*

Feanor of the Peredhil 03-15-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 (Post 588739)
Methinks I missed something. *shifty eyes*

Suffice to say, I happen to think that you saying you want bubbles... Them's fightin' words. :D

Nienna 03-15-2009 09:44 AM

*giggles*

Lariren Shadow 03-15-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil (Post 588741)
Suffice to say, I happen to think that you saying you want bubbles... Them's fightin' words. :D

*giggles and chokes on her own drink*

Rikae 03-15-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fea
... Them's fightin' words. :D

That's my line.

Gwathagor 03-15-2009 12:21 PM

Gwathagor reporting for muster.