The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   A Little Somethin' Somethin' Just For You (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=10780)

Lush 06-05-2004 04:22 PM

A Little Somethin' Somethin' Just For You

Hello again! I've moved the quiz! I also ended up changing it in the process, though ultimately all of the end results are pretty much the same.

I hope you enjoy this new version.

Hey, at least all of the directions are in English this time.

What kind of Barrowdowner are you? Find out!

Take care, everyone.

And remember, the purposes of this quiz are for entertainment only. ;)

Son of Númenor 06-05-2004 05:03 PM

I'm a Teenybopper Barrow-downer. Um, hello, I already knew that.

Like, thanks for nothing.

Durelin 06-05-2004 05:22 PM

Well done, Lush! I needed the laughs.

I did my best to answer truthfully, as hard as it was with some of those answers... :D

Scary, I'm A King of the World Barrowdowner!

Well, make that a Queen...

-Durelin :D

(Still laughing at some of those...especially the one concerning puppies and trench coats.)

Estelyn Telcontar 06-05-2004 05:23 PM

Lush, how on earth did I get this?!:
Quote:

Congratulations! You are- A King of the World Barrowdowner!

If you're not already a moderator, you've probably entertained the fantasy. We shall tiptoe around you, Your Highness.

Lush 06-05-2004 05:28 PM

Haha.

I know I should have made that "King" reference a bit more gender-neutral, but what's a ridiculous quiz without a little "Titanic" rip-off?

Son, like, *a few quick finger-snaps* *a few snaps of gum* *some other snaps*

Esty, I have no idea. Must be one of those mysteries. Like the Bermuda Triangle.

Imladris 06-05-2004 05:29 PM

Quote:

Congratulations! You are- A King of the World Barrowdowner!
If you're not already a moderator, you've probably entertained the fantasy. We shall tiptoe around you, Your Highness.
Guilty. Shamelessly guilty.

Yes....I covet desires of fame and high places. *cough*

The Barrow-Wight 06-05-2004 05:49 PM

Stangely.....

Quote:

Congratulations! You are- A Cheeky British Barrowdowner!
I've never even been to GB, unless you count a couple layovers at the airport. I think it was all my 'pub' answers.

Lush 06-05-2004 06:06 PM

You're a Cheeky British Barrowdowner on the inside, BW. And it's what's on the inside that counts, as any supermodel will tell you. :D

Child of the 7th Age 06-05-2004 06:19 PM

Hey, Lush. Thanks for that! I'm a cheeky British Barrowdowner too.

When I was younger, I spent a lot of time in GB as a student and au pair girl! I think the pubs helped as well! ;)

Fordim Hedgethistle 06-05-2004 06:21 PM

How can I be a King of the World BarrowDowner. . .? I get the shakes at the very thought of being a mod.

Liriodendron 06-05-2004 06:28 PM

I'm a Queen/King of the world BarrowDowner also....I like the "Your Highness" part. ;) No surprises there! :D Thanks!

Luthien_ Tinuviel 06-05-2004 06:48 PM

First to get this result and report it! Go me!

Quote:

Congratulations! You are- A Good Christian Barrowdowner!

Part of the attraction of Tolkien for you is that it's "good, clean fun." Please make sure to put in a good word with the Almighty for me on Judgment Day.
I'm not sure I appreciate that tone, Lush. ;) Meh, it's true, though...

And - huzzah for Travis lyrics! It always rains on me because I lied when I was seventeen, though. :D

Firefoot 06-05-2004 07:05 PM

I'm the first to report this one...
Quote:

You are- An Über-Dork Barrowdowner!

You've got little in the form of an actual life besides your Tolkienist pursuits, and you're happy that way. I bet you're great fun in the Quiz Room.
Which describes me okay because actually I have lots of other hobbies, but I do love the QR.

Great quiz, Lush!

tar-ancalime 06-05-2004 07:20 PM

I'm a Cheeky British Barrowdowner too...

Tally-ho.

Alatariel Telemnar 06-05-2004 07:35 PM

You are- An Angsty Teen Barrowdowner!

Um.. *runs away*

*claps for the use of Travis lyrics! :D * Should have been a Travis-related answer... such as Keld said, 'Because I lied when I was seventeen' Huzzah for Travis! *runs and hides*

Orual 06-05-2004 09:13 PM

Second the Angsty Teen Barrowdowner. I couldn't help but plug in the one about the morgue and the creepy undertaker...because I'd totally do it if I had the chance, though I never have.

Diamond18 06-05-2004 09:32 PM

Fear my dark gothic mind....

Quote:

I remember Manardariel had put up a quiz that was like this before, and I remember not being satisfied with it at the time and wanting to make my own (I apologize if I came off like a brat).
Hey, you forgot to mention my Personality Quiz. I will count to ten whilst you compose your apology. :p

Um, right. I'm an Angsty Teen Barrow-downer. I guess... I suppose the bit about the morgue and wanting to kick puppy dogs in December and smelling the road kill gave me away. They were just too cool to not click.

Quote:

You're an angry young Took. But we love you anyway, coochie-coo.
Hmmmm... interesting.... Are you sure I'm not just the Barrow Downer With the Orcish Sense of Humor?

PS
What kind of a 'Downer are you, Lush?

Alatariel Telemnar 06-05-2004 09:34 PM

Quote:

Second the Angsty Teen Barrowdowner. I couldn't help but plug in the one about the morgue and the creepy undertaker...because I'd totally do it if I had the chance, though I never have.
for me it was more the stabbing the yearbook and plans of world domination... Which should be in my location.. if I changed it.. like I remember doing..

mark12_30 06-05-2004 09:34 PM

"A good Christian Barrow-Downer."

I've been set up.

The Perky Ent 06-05-2004 10:43 PM

Here's something. I'm "[color=#f00000]An Über-Dork Barrowdowner! http://www.aeterna.ru/stylesa/dot.gifYou've got little in the form of an actual life besides your Tolkienist pursuits, and you're happy that way. I bet you're great fun in the Quiz Room[/color]Wow. Is this a test, or a truth detector. Just kidding, I actually have a life, and like it that way. Although, I know other people who this can fit. I'm not going to name any names...............what? I said I wasn't naming names! Seriously though, this is an Awesome quiz! I'd make one of my own, but alas, I don't speak Russian, which is the web site's default language. Oh woe is me! Alas! Alas! Ah well, I'll just have to find another web site for quizzes. Expect to hear back on this soon!

Perky

Gorwingel 06-05-2004 11:29 PM

What! I am a...
A Pretentious Prat Barrowdowner!

I just have to say that I don't, at all, think I am too good for the forum. Actually most of the time I think that I'm not good enough!

Fun, fun questions though :D

Lyta_Underhill 06-06-2004 12:09 AM

Quote:

Congratulations! You are- A Cheeky British Barrowdowner!

You're better than everyone on the entire forum, and you know it. I hate you. Will you marry me?
Who's asking, and is this the proverbial love-hate relationship? ;) I guess southern middle Tennessee is closer to Great Britain than some places and that one might argue for the similarity of certain southern dialects with old British ones, but, well...I don't see it, unless it has something to do with my Monty Python bottlefeedings for years on end and my itchy PBS trigger finger...

Cheers!
Lyta

Saraphim 06-06-2004 01:17 AM

Über-Dork Barrowdowner!!!!!

And proud of it! Can't imagine life anyother way.

I get up, wash, dress, get on the Downs, eat whatever is lurking in my mini-fridge. If nothing is new on the Downs I sit at my desk and read. I do this until I have to go perform menial labor (aka go to work), during which I think about Uber-Dorky things and talk to my Uber-Dorky co-workers about them. Then I go home, eat and get on the Downs Chat.

Life is Good, one day at a time

Ophelia 06-06-2004 04:44 AM

Guess what came out when I took the test ?
It goes like this : Congratulations! You are- A King of the World Barrowdowner!
I almost fell of me chair afterwards . But I absolutely love the test ! There should be more of these ;)

-Ophelia-

Kransha 06-06-2004 06:04 AM

Ah, a Cheeky British Barrow-Downer here. I answered too many questions with something involving alcohol or smoking. I prefer vodka to scotch, though.

As Off Topic as this is, I could actually read the Russian (born and bred) but my Russian's a little rusty. I could tell where the submit button was, and I'm color blind, so knowing the lingo of the Old Country was helpful. Nazdrovia! (eh, Cyrilloc doesn't translate well into this tongue; it's like khuzdul runes).

I suppose I can figure out how I'd be a Cheeky British BDer. I always act that way, primarily because I have a good friend who thinks he's more British than he is. His delightful eccentricity rubbed off on me, and I have been known to accidentally slip into long tirades present in that familiar accent, with the proper temperment of roving humor (also known to slip into long strings of Communist Propaganda, Sicilian Debatism, and German Oratory, but that's another story entirely).

Amanaduial the archer 06-06-2004 06:56 AM

I'm angsty teen barrowdowner :rolleyes: Hmm...

Aylwen Dreamsong 06-06-2004 07:09 AM

"A Good Christian Barrow-Downer"

...?

I do wonder where this stereotype came from...:D :eek:

-Aylwen

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh 06-06-2004 09:21 AM

I see myself as more rude than cheeky, but I am British. Congratulations on a successful diagnosis.

If this is how you waste your weekends, Lush, long may you have weekends to waste.

Sirithheruwen 06-06-2004 11:19 AM

The first time I took it, I was an Über-Dork Barrowdowner. I *do* love the QR, even though I'm not the best at it. :rolleyes:

THe second time, I was an Angsty Teen Barrowdowner. The morgue one, the stabbing the yearbook one, and the world domination plans did me in. :rolleyes:

piosenniel 06-06-2004 12:14 PM

Any set of questions involving Scotch is lovely!

~*~ Cheeky Brit

Bêthberry 06-06-2004 02:56 PM

Blimey! What am I doing as a cheeky British Barrowdowner? I'm a wild colonial girl.

Lush, this is too :smokin: for words.

Crystal Heart 06-06-2004 03:32 PM

I took your quiz and must say that it was very enjoyable. Very funny. I thank you for the laughs that resulted. I truly needed them.

According to your quiz I am a King of the World Barrowdowner. I must confess I have wish of being a moderator, but that is besides the point.

This was great fun. I thank you for the work you did so we may have a wonderful time.

-Crystal Heart-

Lindolirian 06-06-2004 05:06 PM

It's like I try to manipulate these quizzes to churn out something funny and outrageous, but they always come out true. Silly me. :D
Quote:

Congratulations! You are- A Good Christian Barrowdowner!
Yay

ArwenBaggins 06-06-2004 05:24 PM

"Congratulations! You are- An Über-Dork Barrowdowner!"

Yay! I lurve muh dorkiness. Get up, do morning... stuff, go to that stupid place where they try to teach me stuff but I really think about LotR things, talk about dorky things at lunch... and the rest of the day, come home, eat some lovely snacks, get on the Barrow-downs, eat dinner, and get back on the 'Downs. Ahh... life is good. :p

The Saucepan Man 06-07-2004 11:09 AM

Hmm, surprisingly accurate.

So, all Brits are smokers n' drinkers, eh? I'd be rather upset at the implications of this but for the fact that it pretty much sums me up. :rolleyes: :D

Mind you, I'd rather a good old G & T than a Scotch any day, what ho!

~Yet another Cheeky British Barrowdowner~

ElenCala Isil 06-07-2004 07:14 PM

Haha, this was a wonderful quiz. I ended up being a Cheeky British Barrowdowner. :D and I'm quite happy with that result. ^^

Lëowen 06-07-2004 07:31 PM

Despite the fact that I neither smoke nor drink, I still got Cheeky British Barrowdowner. Huzzah! :D
A most excellent quiz, indeed.

Nurumaiel 06-07-2004 08:05 PM

I am a Cheeky British Barrowdowner and I detest the fact. :rolleyes: :D I'm Irish, not British! *moans in sorrow at the unfair implication and ends off with a mischievous wink... and then I feel my mask of inscrutibility slipping and realize I'm showing my more insane side* I can be a British Barrowdowner as long as it applies to the Irish and at the same time doesn't, for I'll never be British. I have the tiniest bit of English blood in me (some folk from Kent) but not a touch of British. All ye Barrowdowners of England ignore me... I have separate definitions for English and British.... it's Tolkien's fault, really. I pay you a high compliment, Downers of England, and say I consider you English, not British, as far as my own definitions of the words go.

It must have been the questions about the pubs. I am a pub person, I'll own. I don't drink and I don't smoke but I do love to go to a pub for a good, rousing song and the lovely, family atmosphere... what's the odd thing that in America one can't even go into a pub unless they're over 21? I have sweet images in my mind of a pub in Ireland where little children were playing under the tables. But I shall not daydream, this I vow. And perhaps somehow the test picked up on the fact that with each passing day I improve on doing British accents.

Henceforth I shall be known as the 'Cheeky Irish Barrowdowner.' I can't be British for the life of me. Perhaps I was known as such already, but it's official now.

I just think it's odd I was not chosen King of the World, because how often I am... those evenings when the woods beckon and call and I go, and I own the world and everything in it.... just for those evenings and sunset....

All right... as with some of the questions more than one answer could apply to me I'm taking the test again even as we speak and the result is.... oh, I'm still a Cheeky Irish Barrowdowner. Alas, I'm hopeless.

Fun, Lush! Thank you! Diamond, I never saw your personality quiz. Where was it?

the phantom 06-07-2004 08:28 PM

Well, my results weren't that consistent.

I tried the test several times and only changed an answer here and there (a couple questions didn't have an answer that I'd give and others had two or three that I'd give) and I managed to get Cheeky British, Good Christian, Über-Dork, and Pretentious Prat. :eek:

I only got cheeky Brit once or twice so that's probably out. I got Dork and Christian a few times so they're possible, and I got Pretentious Prat the first and last time and once or twice in the middle, so maybe it's the best fit.

A Pretentious Prat Barrowdowner! "You think you're too cool for the forum, don't you? No need to be coy, darling. At least you can be supremely entertaining, right?"

I dunno. Is that me?

I just thank God I didn't get one of the teen things for an answer. :p

Son of Númenor 06-07-2004 08:56 PM

"I just thank God I didn't get one of the teen things for an answer (the phantom)."

:(