The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Viewings?? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=12374)

Thinlómien 11-10-2005 01:17 PM

Viewings??

I've always wondered what the "viewings" are? I mean the text after the forum title what says like "3 viewings" or such? What does it mean? I've noted that the numbers keep changing. Sometimes there's no "viewings" at all? So what do they mean?
Do they mean how many people are currently viewing the forum?

Gothmog 11-10-2005 02:04 PM

Isn't that how many people have viewed the thread in total?

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized my mistake. I thought you meant views. Stupid me... Well, more stuff for the "most embarrasing BD moment" thread. This one is on me people!

Envinyatar 11-10-2005 02:06 PM

It's the number of members and guests who are looking at that particular forum at that particular time.

For example - on the Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum main page it just said there were 2 viewing the Shire Forum. When I click on the Shire forum to look at the list of threads there, that makes it three viewers at that time. And when I scrolled down to the bottom of the Shire main page, it listed the Currently Active Users - in this case it was 3 (1 member and 2 guests).

The numbers always change, depending on the number of members and guests looking at each forum.

- E -

Eomer of the Rohirrim 11-16-2005 10:03 AM

It took me three years to figure that out.

Kath 11-16-2005 10:25 AM

It took me three years to notice it!

The Only Real Estel 11-16-2005 10:44 AM

Wow, I feel like I should say it took me three years to notice it also. :D

Actually, I don't remember exactly when I noticed it, but I think it was about a year after I joined...not sure on that one.

Gothmog: Don't be embarrassed. That was exactly what I was going to post before I wisely read the replies on the thread.

Thinlómien 11-17-2005 09:25 AM

Well, I thought at some point, that they were like how many times you had viewed the forum or something rather difficult to explain; I had no clear idea...

Thinlómien 01-29-2007 03:18 AM

They don't match!

A few minutes ago, according to the "Who's online" there were four members and zero guests online. A few seconds later, there were six viewings in "the books" only, and nearly all the other forums had 1-4 viewings too... What is this? Isn't this a bit contradictory...? :confused:

Eomer of the Rohirrim 01-29-2007 03:41 AM

Yeah, but isn't that because spiders can move at the speed of light?

Thinlómien 01-29-2007 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Yeah, but isn't that because spiders can move at the speed of light?

:D Maybe.

Lalwendë 01-29-2007 06:02 AM

...or even at the speed of Unlight?

:smokin: