The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Movies (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   "The White Wizard Approaches" (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=8942)

Peri 03-03-2003 02:11 PM

"The White Wizard Approaches"

Hello all. I have a question that I've been thinking about for quite awhile now. During that part when Legolas, Gimli and Aragorn are in Fangorn forest, Legolas says that the trees are talking to eachother. Then a few seconds later, he says to Aragorn "The White Wizard approaches." How did he know? Could he sense Gandalf behind him or did he understand the language of the ents and hear them mention the white wizard? What do you all think?

HCIsland 03-03-2003 02:26 PM

Well he would have thought it was Saruman and not Gandalf approaching. I would assume he saw him coming. Those elf eyes of his.<P>H.C.

Meela 03-03-2003 03:46 PM

he's a super sharp elf. he can hear and see and feel everything. he probably has little antennae that pick up people-vibes from about a mile off.

GaladrieloftheOlden 03-03-2003 04:29 PM

Lol! No, he does have extremely good hearing. And sight, but I don't think that it would help him much when he was facing the other way.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 03-04-2003 01:08 PM

He couldn't see the wizard. He just used that Elvish 'sixth sense' to pick up on his arrival.

Woodelven 03-04-2003 01:39 PM

I agree with you Meela.<BR>His really sharp and sense everything thats comes near him!

Peri 03-05-2003 02:11 PM

Yes, probably, but what about the possibility of Legolas knowing Entish? You never know...

Mornie Alantie 03-05-2003 02:50 PM

Mea Govannen, Heres what I pretty sure what happens.<P>On that part Legolas looks around him walk forward so that the white wizard would be close but behind him all the while say "Aragorn nad no ennas!" then Aragorn and Gimli follow him and Aragorn says "Man Cenich?" then Legolas says "the white wizard approaches" and pointes with his head and eyes to what would have been on his left before he moved. then they all turn and, blah blah blah.<P>That is the real elvish too

HCIsland 03-05-2003 03:28 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Yes, probably, but what about the possibility of Legolas knowing Entish? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Yeah but, by the time they got finished saying "the White Wizard is coming", they would have had time to have a game of Monopoly. <P>H.C.

Airehiriel 03-05-2003 04:12 PM

Excellent point H.C. If it were Saruman, they'd be done for! <P>I would agree that it does seem as if Legolas possesses some "sixth sense" and knows. Perhaps he could see the white glow streaming past him.

Mornie Alantie 03-06-2003 11:53 AM

Not necessarily if Saruman wanted to sneek up to them and question and then capture them, he didn't need to worry as Gandalf didn't about getting attacked. Also if he wanted to spy on them like in the books. Anyway thats my opinion. Namarie!