The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The 12 days of Christmas LOTR style! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5496)

Durelin 11-17-2002 09:57 AM

The 12 days of Christmas LOTR style!

Okay, I thought it was getting close enough to Christmas to do this! Sorry if someone else already has, which is likely! I'll start off and only go to two, then I'll take ideas for the rest or for changes to one and two. Here we go! You better all know the tune!

On the first day of Christmas Sauron gave to me,

one ring to rule them all.

On the second day of Christmas Sauron gave to me,

two mighty towers and one ring to rule them all

Your turn! not too many from the same person though! I want everyone's contributions!
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ November 17, 2002: Message edited by: Durelin ]

Lindril Arvilya 11-17-2002 01:33 PM

On the third day of Christmas, Sauron gave to me: three lovely elf rings, two mighty towers and one ring to rule them all

(Sorry for the rings again, oh well.... there's a lot of birds in the original.)

ElentariGreenleaf 11-17-2002 02:08 PM

On the forth day of christmas Sauron gave to me, four raiths attacking, three lovely elf rings, two mighty towers and one ring to rule them all. <<I you think it isn't very good you can ignor it. Never thought four would be so hard!>>

Eruwen 11-17-2002 03:50 PM

On the fifth day of Christmas Sauron gave to me...
Five Urk-hai slaying, four raiths attacking, three lovely Elven rings, two mighty towers and one ring to rule them all.

Does this have to be from Sauron? And if so, can we switch people next round? This is hard...

VanimaEdhel 11-17-2002 04:35 PM

On the sixth day of Christmas, Sauron gave to me...

Six screaming slaves, five Urk-hai slaying, four raiths attacking, three lovely Elven rings, two mighty towers and one ring to rule them all.

On the seventh day of Christmas, Sauron gave to me...

Seven Dwarven rings, six screaming slaves, five Urk-hai slaying, four raiths attacking, three lovely Elven rings, two mighty towers and one ring to rule them all.

I just had to get the seventh too, in case someone forgot...don't kill me, please.

Durelin 11-17-2002 04:51 PM

How about 4 hobbits smoking and save the wraiths for 9? Oh, and leave out lovely and it sounds smoother!

On the 8th day of Christmas Sauron gave to me,

eight blades of Gondor, seven Dwarven rings, six screaming slaves, five Urk-hai slaying, four hoobits smoking, three Elven rings, two mighty towers and one ring to rule them all.

On the ninth day of Christmas Sauron gave to me,

nine wraiths attacking, eight blades of Gondor, seven Dwarven rings, six screaming slaves, five Urk-hai slaying, four hoobits smoking, three Elven rings, two mighty towers and one ring to rule them all.

Dont worry, won't hurt you for doing 2! Any more though and...those slaves, wraiths and Urak-hai will all be slaying! Had to get Men in there for # 8! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

dragoneyes 11-17-2002 05:25 PM

on the tenth day of Christmas Sauron sent to me ten orks defacing, nine wraiths attacking, eight blades of Gondor, seven Dwarven rings, six screaming slaves, five Uruk-hai slaying, four hoobits smoking, three Elven rings, two mighty towers and one ring to rule them all.

gee, what a nice guy [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Mattius 11-17-2002 05:31 PM

hey im not going to add anything but just point out something. shouldn't the five Uruk-hai slaying, be five uruk-hai! and then just go high, like in the real song it goes "five gooold riiings!

On the tenth day of Christmas Sauron sent to me ten orks defacing, nine wraiths attacking, eight blades of Gondor, seven Dwarven rings, six screaming slaves, five uruk hais!!, four hobbits smoking, three Elven rings, two mighty towers and one ring to rule them all.

Durelin 11-17-2002 05:33 PM

Sauron's my favorite Granny! He gives me anything I want and doesn't care about cost! I love him sooo much! I bring him cookies every Wednesday! The big bad wolf has tried to eat me five times but my glowing pink sword warns me so I can run away. Yep.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Awesome word defacing, don't ya think?

Durelin 11-17-2002 05:35 PM

You're right Mattius, okay leave out the slaying bit or whatever. And it's fiiiive goldEN rings! Not five GOLD rings, goldEN! Right! Carry on!

Diamond18 11-17-2002 05:42 PM

If anyone is curious, here is a LotR/12 Days of Christmas related thread which has a bunch of other Christmas carols too.

Sooooo, ver are ve, my preciousss?

On the eleventh day of Christmas Sauron sent to me eleven spiders stinging, ten orcs defacing, nine wraiths attacking, eight blades of Gondor, seven Dwarven rings, six screaming slaves, five uruk hais!!, four hobbits smoking, three Elven rings, two mighty towers and one ring to rule them all.

Durelin 11-17-2002 05:44 PM

Yeah, I said I thought there would be another one, oh well, I think this one should be different! Excellent one Diamond18! Love those spiders! (Yeah right)

Erana 11-17-2002 07:51 PM

haha!! funny!

Rose Cotton 11-18-2002 02:50 PM

Well, here's my two cents:

On the 12th day of Christmas Sauron sent to me:
12 hungry trolls, eleven spiders stinging, ten orcs defacing, nine wraiths attacking, eight blades of Gondor, seven Dwarven rings, six screaming slaves, five uruk hais!!, four hobbits smoking, three Elven rings, two mighty towers and one ring to rule them all.

I'm sure we can think of another verse.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

dragoneyes 11-18-2002 04:37 PM

Quote:

Awesome word defacing, don't ya think?
That's what I thought when I wrote it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

mordor136 11-18-2002 07:20 PM

HELLO all I dont know about you but I'm ready to do that again. Here we go.

On the first day of Christmas Bilbo gave to me an insulting speech under a big tree.

PLEASE CONTINUE

Lindril Arvilya 11-18-2002 09:37 PM

On the second day of Christmas, Bilbo gave to me, two hours til teatime, and an insulting speech under a tree.

Cheers!

Diamond18 11-18-2002 09:52 PM

On the third day of Christmas, Bilbo gave to me, three silver Sunday spoons, two hours til teatime, and an insulting speech under a tree.

dragoneyes 11-19-2002 12:58 PM

On the fourth day of Christmas Bilbo gave to me four old umrellas, three silver Sunday spoons, two hours til teatime, and an insulting speech under a tree.

ElentariGreenleaf 11-19-2002 01:36 PM

On the fith day of chritmas Bilbo gave to me: five old settees.. four old umbrellas, three silver Sunday spoons, two hours til teatime, and an insulting speech under a tree.

Shanna 11-19-2002 05:03 PM

On the sixth day of chritmas Bilbo gave to me: six hobbit cheeseballs, five old settees.. four old umbrellas, three silver Sunday spoons, two hours til teatime, and an insulting speech under a tree.

Bwahahahaha! Beware the cheeseballs!!! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Durelin 11-24-2002 12:14 PM

Shibby, cheese balls! Meh, here's more.

On the seventh day of chritmas Bilbo gave to me: seven leaves of Toby, six hobbit cheeseballs, five old settees.. four old umbrellas, three silver spoons, two hours til teatime, and an insulting speech under a tree.

My editing: no more Sunday.

Arwen1858 11-25-2002 02:25 AM

On the eighth day of chritmas Bilbo gave to me: eight pocket-handkercheifs, seven leaves of Toby, six hobbit cheeseballs, five old settees.. four old umbrellas, three silver spoons, two hours til teatime, and an insulting speech under a tree.

EDIT: I got promoted!! I'm a Shade! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ November 25, 2002: Message edited by: Arwen1858 ]

dragoneyes 11-25-2002 12:26 PM

I think that should be five used settees, otherwise we have two olds right next to each other.

VanimaEdhel 11-26-2002 05:54 PM

Technically, in the original version, it's "Five Gold Rings" not "Five Golden Rings". There's a trill on the "Gold"...random bit of trivia...

Mintyztwin 11-26-2002 06:25 PM

*ahem* me memememememeeeee!!!

On the ninth day of Christmas Bilbo gave to meeee 9 Old Winyards, eight pocket-handkercheifs, seven leaves of Toby, six hobbit cheeseballs, five old settees.. four old umbrellas, three silver spoons, two hours til teatime, and an insulting speech under a tree.

Only 29 days till Christmas!

[ November 27, 2002: Message edited by: Mintyztwin ]

[ November 27, 2002: Message edited by: Mintyztwin ]

Durelin 11-27-2002 05:46 PM

Interesting VanimaEdhel! Never knew that, always heard it 'golden' maybe I should listen to it off some CD or something sometime. Haven't in a while ya know....Right, carry on!

-Imrahil- 11-27-2002 08:03 PM

I like the 'insulting speech under a tree'

It actually flows (barely) but still. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Durelin 11-27-2002 08:39 PM

Well, I guess I'll do the next!

On the tenth day of Christmas Bilbo gave to me ten serving animals, nine Old Winyards, eight pocket-handkercheifs, seven leaves of Toby, six hobbit cheeseballs, five old settees, four old umbrellas, three silver spoons, two hours til teatime, and an insulting speech under a tree.

Aylwen Dreamsong 11-27-2002 08:47 PM

Can I try one? It might not be good so you're welcome to change it!

On the Eleventh day of Christmas Bilbo gave to me: eleven worn dwarven maps, ten serving animals, nine Old Winyards, eight pocket-handkercheifs, seven leaves of Toby, six hobbit cheeseballs, five old settees, four old umbrellas, three silver spoons, two hours til teatime, and an insulting speech under a tree.

Thought it might be good since he went to Erebor and all.

BTW, I always thought it to be FIIIIIIVE GOOOOLD RINGs, not golden. But recently in my baby sisters and little brothers disnye cd's it is golden. I'm sticking with gold though.

Durelin 11-27-2002 08:54 PM

Don't worry about it being lame! It isn't! It's hard to think of things when you reach 11! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Keep it up people and we'll being doing another one! Such creative people here! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mintyztwin 11-29-2002 04:59 PM

On the twelfth day of Christmas, Bilbo gave to me, 12 lines of poetry, eleven worn dwarven maps, ten serving animals, nine Old Winyards, eight pocket-handkercheifs, seven leaves of Toby, six hobbit cheeseballs, five old settees, four old umbrellas, three silver spoons, two hours til teatime, and an insulting speech under a tree.

There. Now we can do another one. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But I won't presume to pick the subject. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

dragoneyes 11-30-2002 04:33 PM

On the first day of Christmas, Pippin gave to me a stone to throw down a well.

Merry_Pippin_Frodo_Sam 11-30-2002 04:36 PM

On the second day of christmas, pippin gave to me, two pints of ale and a stone to throw down a well...

Mintyztwin 11-30-2002 04:55 PM

On the third day of Christmas Pippin gave to me, three apples red, two pints of ale, and stone to-o throw down a well!

Durelin 12-03-2002 02:55 PM

On the fourth day of Christmas Pippin gave to me four tasty lembas, three red apples, two pints of ale, and a stone to-o throw down a well!

Changes:red apples instead of apples red OK?

That last one by me was lame...oh well! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mintyztwin 12-03-2002 04:00 PM

That's fine. Although I DID do it on purpose. I think it's more poetical. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Actually, maybe even better would be "Three rosy apples" but, I'll try not to get THAT invovled! 'Kay, my turn!

On the fifth day of Christmas, Pippin gave to meeeeee fiiiiiiiiiive elvish clooooooaaaaaaks! four tasty lembas, three red apples, two pints of ale, and a stone to-o throw down a well!

Durelin 12-03-2002 04:10 PM

I know you meant to do that but I didn't like it so it got changed! No, I'm kidding, maybe apples red is better, however you want to do it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Glad someone's helping me do this! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Durelin 12-04-2002 06:42 PM

On the 6th day of Christmas Pippin gave to me six Maggot mushrooms, fiiiiiiiiiive elvish clooooooaaaaaaks! four tasty lembas, three red apples, two pints of ale, and a stone to-o throw down a well!

NEXT! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mintyztwin 12-04-2002 08:16 PM

Niiiiiice! (BTW, who the heck is Benji?)

*ahem*

On the seventh day of Christmas, Pippin gave to meeeeee, seven pipes for smoking,
six Maggot mushrooms, fiiiiiiiiiive elvish clooooooaaaaaaks! four tasty lembas, three red apples, two pints of ale, and a stone to-o throw down a well!

On the eighth day of Christmas, Pippin gave to meeeeeeeee, eight foolish actions, seven pipes for smoking,
six Maggot mushrooms, fiiiiiiiiiive elvish clooooooaaaaaaks! four tasty lembas, three red apples, two pints of ale, and a stone to-o throw down a well!

On the ninth day of Christmas, Pippin gave to meeeeeeeeeeee, nine elvish brooches, eight foolish actions, seven pipes for smoking,

*phew* I finally got to that one! Yay! Hmm . . . we need fresh blood in this thread, Duralin!