The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Elvenhome (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Life of Gold Discussion Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=13361)

Child of the 7th Age 11-24-2006 09:36 AM

Welome, Slifer1988. I'm one of two moderators who help to keep things on track in the Shire and Rohan. Please check your private messages for information on how to get involved in RPGs at the Barrowdowns.

Child of the 7th Age

Valesse 11-25-2006 08:44 PM

Sorry, sorry about this inactivity, but I don't really have internet at home right now -- that and I'm very busy with family at the moment-- but I'm going back to my usually smial tomorrow and miiiight be able to have something up monday morning.

However to make it up to everyone I've started drawing characters to make it up for everyone (very cartoony, and I'm not sure about how you're all picturing your characters, but I've nearly done a full autopsy on these character bios!)

So far I've got all of the ladies (ladies first!) but "Valesseka", aaand yeah. Yeah. Thats all for now!

The Sixth Wizard 11-26-2006 01:09 AM

Animated me? That sounds pretty awesome! :D

Glirdan 11-26-2006 09:06 AM

Oooo! That sounds cool!! Valesse, you have been forgiven!! :D

Crystal Heart 11-27-2006 08:48 AM

Hey Glirdan I have posted in response to you. If it isn't what you want then please tell me ASAP and I will change it.

Glirdan 11-27-2006 05:10 PM

Perfect Crystal. I have posted and added something that you may be quite excited about. You know that thing you asked me through PM? ;) :D

Everyone else, get posting!

Crystal Heart 11-27-2006 07:09 PM

*SQUEAL!* That is awesome Glirdan!! Just awesome!! Hehehehe. .. . I have posted accordingly. ;)

And everyone else get posting. The first person to post gets a trophy! :D

Valesse 11-27-2006 10:17 PM

I get a trophy because I posted! Wee

Aaaand I promised (to make up my less than perfect attendence) a few pictures...[link] They're very... Disney, and again, I'm not sure if I got everyone 'right' but I tried which is the important part ; )

Guys are next, of course... Oh boy am I going to have fun on the Gondorian :D Mwahaha

Crystal Heart 11-27-2006 10:27 PM

I love that! It is so awesome. I'm gonna get a DA so I can save it!

*hands trophy* YAY VAL!!

Crystal Heart 11-29-2006 06:53 AM

Where is everyone? The RPG has stopped and in order to get this done on time then we need to get going! Come on everyone. Let's get going.

Cordelia Harrison 11-29-2006 08:51 AM

I posted Crystal!

And where is everyone? It seems like the only thing that has been around is crickets! LOL

Glirdan 11-29-2006 02:31 PM

Sorry, bad day yesterday (power went out...). So I couldn't make it on. But I do agree with Cordelia and Crystal. We NEED to get this moving along guys. I know we have a time, but I would like to have Naria playing by not next weekend, but the weekend after as everything will be on hold for Christmas (or whatever other Holidays there are) and the new year. So PLEASE post!

Thinlómien 11-30-2006 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glirdan
So PLEASE post!

Me too?

Naria 11-30-2006 01:54 PM

Quote:

I would like to have Naria playing by not next weekend, but the weekend after
Bringing my character in for the weekend of the 15th would work out alot better Glirdy :) . I am getting surgery done for my sinuses on Dec 7th and will not be in any shape to participate any earlier than the 15th. If it so happens that things get moving before the 7th and you all make it to her cabin, then I can make a post to keep things moving. After that, for obvious reasons, I will not be able to(till around the 15th).

Glirdan 11-30-2006 04:04 PM

Don't worry Naria, we'll make accomadations for you. :) Glad you told us and good luck with the surgery!

Lommy, if you want to post something, be my guest.

The Sixth Wizard 11-30-2006 07:45 PM

Can I use titles in my posts? Just asking.

Nice drawings Val. They look hot. ;)

Sorry for the lack of a post for a while everyone.

Thinlómien 12-01-2006 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glirdan
Lommy, if you want to post something, be my guest.

As I think I will again manage to write a longish post, I probably shouldn't start writing it now (I'm leaving to my freind's summer house in a few hours). I'll write something next week.

Thinlómien 12-04-2006 04:52 AM

I'll post tomorrow.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 12-04-2006 07:28 AM

I think I'll say I have no idea where this is going and if you don't want the characters to separate then we can meet up again swiftly. ;)

Of course, that could be at the risk of crazy adenture...

Glirdan 12-04-2006 02:50 PM

But I'm likeing this "We're LOST!" thing going on with Eomeléo and Darin! :D But you're right. I'll post later trying to get you guys back with the group.

Valesse 12-07-2006 12:00 AM

Where aaaaaare you Cordelia? :(
We miss you!

For those with male character's: Tada!

Thinlómien 12-07-2006 04:28 AM

*applause*

Hope you don't mind my new avvie, Val, or be too strict on the copyright, that is... :D

Glirdan 12-07-2006 06:24 AM

Ooo!! Nice Val!! Love it!! :D

Cordelia? If you are around, please post.

Also, my save is filled in.

Valesse 12-07-2006 09:21 AM

Aww, Thinlo you just made my day! :D

Of course I don't mind. Infact I'm honored. Gloomy was my favorite to draw (No offense to the others) because of the completely miserable (in situation, not quality) description you gave him. Poor little guy.. all bow legged and matty and and and.. He made me love dwarves just a little bit more. And how I love my dwarves!

Eomer of the Rohirrim 12-07-2006 10:57 AM

Very nice. :D

Thinlómien 12-08-2006 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valesse
Poor little guy.. all bow legged and matty and and and.. He made me love dwarves just a little bit more.

Awww...

Anyway, well done with posting everyone. I enjoy reading the adventurers' chit-chats. :)

Valesse 12-11-2006 10:26 PM

I'm very tempted to edit or double post just to see our beautiful little game move along some. :(

Being this time of year I don't blame people for being busy, so I don't mean to be pushy, it's just there haven't been many posts at all... in game or in discussion. That all makes me very worried, and I'm not quite sure why.

Just nudge'n y'all a bit.

Thinlómien 12-12-2006 03:23 AM

If I may say, I think there's nothing wrong with double-posting if the game isn't moving on.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 12-12-2006 07:36 AM

Ah yes, I think we should clarify whether we want the group split up yet. It would be pretty funny. ;)

It depends if there are certain things Glirdan would like to stick to.

Glirdan 12-12-2006 04:13 PM

Eomer, if you have a plan in mind, please post it. But right now, I'm really quite busy with school (I have a concert tomorrow and Thursday night as well as projects dueand it's the second last week of school) and Christms is approaching fast so I'm really quite busy to do anything. I will try and get on tomorrow after school so if you have it posted, I'll answer you then. Until then, I bid you farewell!

The Sixth Wizard 12-13-2006 12:46 AM

Score! School's out for me! I'll post more often now. Tomorrow or today. :smokin:

Glirdan 12-13-2006 02:07 PM

I am here and I see no post from Eomer on what this idea of his is. So please post it soon Eomer!

Also, I will not be on at all tomorrow (night concert for school) so don't expect to see me. I will post if I can.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 12-14-2006 10:30 AM

What idea? I'm just suggesting the (mis)adventures of Dárin and Éomeléo. I'm sure we could get into all sorts of scrapes on the road. We don't just want a lot of travelling before we reach the gang now, do we?

At least I don't. I'm lame at holding a reader's attention without some sort of action going on. :cool:

Glirdan 12-15-2006 02:06 PM

Sorry, I had the impression you had a plan of action in mind. :o

Oh well. That's fine by me. I'm free now so I shall be able to post more frequently.

Glirdan 12-16-2006 11:57 AM

Okay, I have posted. I would like everyone to post ASAP.

Thinlómien 12-18-2006 02:23 AM

I will try to write one post before Christmas, for then I won't be online for two weeks. :eek: :)

Crystal Heart 12-18-2006 10:33 AM

I am SOOOO sorry for my lack of post. And for Cordelia's. She'll be on in a minute. We both got very very badly sick with the flu and couldn't barely move to get to the computer.

On a lighter note, though this will take two of the players out of the game, Cordelia and myself have a very very good friend that is getting married. We are to be her bridesmaids. We fly out at the beginning of January and will be back at the end of the month. Three weeks total. She doesn't have internet in her home, so we will have to try to go into a cyber cafe in order to try to write. However, they are expensive and we aren't sure if we will be able to afford it very frequently.

Just to update you all. I hope that this doesn't hurt the RPG too much Glirdan.

Cordelia Harrison 12-18-2006 10:36 AM

Posted!

And you know the 411 for me through Crystal. :D

Glirdan 12-18-2006 04:21 PM

Well, I was actually thinking of postponing the game off for a bit right now as it is awfully close to Christmas and I myself will be quite busy in January because of Exams and such. So, what say you all to postponing the game after this week for a bit?? Or maybe after New Year's?

Thinlómien 12-19-2006 05:55 AM

Well, I'm not maybe the one whose word bears the most weight since I don't (have to) post as frequently as you others do. But anyway I will comment on this. :)

I think it'd be nice to have a Christmas + New Year pause, since I'm visitng family/relatives in Eastern Finland and they don't have a net access. As to a pause in January, well, I don't have anything special to do then (I have holiday for the first week) and could and would like to play, but of course if you folk are all busy I understand it would maybe be a wise move to have a pause. (It would maybe be healthy for me to focus less on BD. :rolleyes: :D) So, do what seems best.

What do you, Naria, Eomer, Valesse and Sixth, think?