The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   For Those Who Died Today... Happy Deathday! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=11207)

Nimrodel_9 10-12-2005 03:45 PM

Alas, being away from my computer is terrible. I never got to wish myself a happy deathday last month... So I'll do it now! Happy belated deathday to me! And happy belated deathday to HI! And to everyone else... Happy UNdeathday! :D

Kath 10-12-2005 03:51 PM

Happy belated deathday then Nimmy! Hope you fix your computer troubles soon.

Glirdan 10-12-2005 05:34 PM

Happy deathday indeed Nimmy!!! May all your computer woes soon be fixed.

Durelin 10-14-2005 06:30 PM

Three Years on the 'Downs for me today.

Strange that it's been that long...

Eorl of Rohan 10-14-2005 06:37 PM

I still have two months to go before two year elapses, but I guess it doesn't count because I've been away for so lon.

Glirdan 10-14-2005 08:39 PM

1,000 post!! YAY!!!!

Happy deathday Durelin!!! :D Three years. Wow, that's quite long. It'll be my first year in Feburary....

Encaitare 10-15-2005 12:33 AM

Happy Deathday, Durelin. :)

Kath 10-17-2005 01:26 PM

Wow 3 years. Quite a few people who seem to have joined quite close together by the look of things. But happy deathday Durelin, even if it is a bit belated!

AbercrombieOfRohan 11-26-2005 08:41 AM

And a sincerely happy deathday to me. 1 year dead and I haven't aged a day! *dons party hat*

Glirdan 11-26-2005 08:45 AM

Happy Deathday to you Crombie. Now tell me, what are you going to do to celebrate this wonderful occasion?

AbercrombieOfRohan 11-26-2005 08:50 AM

Homework... Wanna write a paper for me? ;)

Kath 11-26-2005 09:58 AM

Happy deathday Abercrombie!

Encaitare 11-26-2005 01:14 PM

Happy deathday, Abercrombie! :D

Azaelia of Willowbottom 12-01-2005 05:36 PM

I died yesterday, but I was too busy with college applications to come on...

So I've been on the downs for four years now! Time flies when you're having fun :D

Glirdan 12-01-2005 08:50 PM

A happy belated deathday to you Zali. Four years. That's pretty long!!

Firefoot 12-02-2005 04:41 PM

It's my Golden Deathday :D

Happy Deathday to me! A wonderful two years it has been! It seems like such a long time ago that I joined... right about the time when RotK came out in theatres. Yet, two years is still far too short a time to spend among such excellent and admirable Downers. Here's to many more!

Kath 12-02-2005 04:50 PM

Two years and over 5000 posts *shakes head in amazement* Happy deathday Firefoot, and lets hope you have many more!

Glirdan 12-02-2005 05:54 PM

Agreed Kath. That's amazing Firefoot my friend!! Simply amazing.

Encaitare 12-02-2005 06:17 PM

Happy deathdays, Zali and Firefoot! :)

Firefoot 12-03-2005 07:21 AM

Thanks, everybody. :)

Lhunardawen 12-04-2005 12:41 AM

It seems to me like you died before I did...anyways, happy deathday Firefoot! :)

And belatedly to Zali. :)

Lhunardawen 01-03-2006 07:29 AM

Tomorrow is Kath's deathday... ;)

Amanaduial the archer 01-03-2006 09:25 AM

Well, not quite a deathday, but I feel I should mention a particularly special, if somewhat more conventional, happy birthday....

*Raises a glass* To J.R.R! Happy birthday, Professor.

Gurthang 01-03-2006 10:29 AM

*clinks own glass against Amanaduial's* Here, Here! Happy Birthday to our beloved Professor!

Kath 01-03-2006 02:39 PM

Wow, two facts I didn't know in one day. Thanks Lhuna! And happy birthday to Professor Tolkien!

Glirdan 01-03-2006 09:05 PM

Happy Birthday indeed to our beloved Professor without whom this site would not have been made possible. And happy deathday to a certain Kath. How long will it be my friend?

Lhunardawen 01-03-2006 11:31 PM

Now's the right time...

Happy first deathday, Kath! May you have more years of fruitful and glorious decomposition! :)

Kath 01-04-2006 04:31 PM

It will have been two years - though it feels like forever :D

Lhunardawen 01-05-2006 01:38 AM

Oh, of course. Stupid me forgot that it's already 2006. :rolleyes:

Glirdan 01-05-2006 09:31 AM

Quote:

It will have been two years - though it feels like forever
Well, of course it does. I haven't been here for a full year, yet, and it still feels like I've been here an eternity!!!

Lhunardawen 01-06-2006 09:49 PM

Lhuna, this isn't Know Yer Mates

Disclaimer: This post was created chiefly from the writer's perspective. She asks the subject of this post - and those who know better than she does - to just laugh over or shrug off any inaccuracies, inadequacies, or exaggerations.

January 7, 2005 was probably just another day for most BDers. But somewhere in Olds, Alberta, Canada, a seventeen-year-old wandering soul finally came to rest in The Barrow-Downs.

Initially, he haunted for the most part the Books, taking the form of a devil's advocate in quite several discussions. Despite being a relative newcomer he was unafraid to engage the older, more experienced wights in heated debates, most notably as a staunch defender of Eru as God. He also occasionally ventured into the Chapter-by-Chapter discussions, which he counts among the most insightful Tolkien-related threads in the forum. His bold, articulate contributions in the Books significantly paved the way for his rapid ascent through the reputation levels.

Quite surprisingly, after some time he began to actively participate also in Middle-earth Mirth, first testing the waters of Crazy Captions and later revealing himself to be a Warg scholar. More recently he can be found generously donating witty punchlines to the Finish the Sentence thread.

Joining Holbytlass's Tol-in-Gaurhoth XI was a rather unexpected twist in our subject's life in the barrows, and so was he numbered among the victims of the games' sweet seduction. The writer daresays that he was somewhat of a bane for the villagers for making a case against innocent Azaelia, helping her to be lynched on the last Day and thus giving victory to Alcarillo and his fellow lycans. But the phantom was apparently thoroughly impressed with his initial foray into the Werewolf games that he was invited to be a villager (more like villain, actually) of Erbar Telamarth. There he was lynched on the third Day, and spitefully took the writer of this post with him to his death. Shortly afterwards, still amazed at his micro Elf DNA, which the phantom revealed in the village prior to his lynching, he started in Mirth the thread Arrows 'nd Bows - a brilliant anagram of the word Barrow-downs(s).

He was supposed to take an indefinite break from the Werewolf games but somehow found himself succumbing to his addiction and signing up for Alcarillo's Tol-in-Gaurhoth XIV. Despite a major setback in the form of the first-day death of fellow werewolf dancing spawn of ungoliant, and contrary to his previous game, he and Holbytlass successfully overtook the villagers who more-or-less thought both of them to be innocent throughout the game. He then also took up a slot in Anguirel's highly innovative Tol-in-Gaurhoth XV, where he remained a fairly inconspicuous werewolf (villager) for a few Nights...until his legendary proclamation of himself as Sauron (the Seer). Thanks in part to his revelation's perfect timing (the other part being the legitimacy of double-lynchings), the heroes did not stand a chance.

After his consecutive successes, he decided to ascend to the throne of the mod god for the quite confusing sixteenth installment of Tol-in-Gaurhoth - a rather fitting way to celebrate a year of graceful decomposition.

Happy first deathday, Formendacil! :)

Lush 01-07-2006 02:24 PM

Can you guys believe it? This past Christmas Day was my fourth deathday! I'm four years dead!

I was on a farm in Kentucky for most of it, so I didn't get a chance to post, but yeah... It seems both wonderful and strange that I should still be on here after all this time, still reading fascinating discussions, and even participating every once in a while. :)

***"Time don't let it slip away, raise yo drinking glass, here's to yesterday..."***

Glirdan 01-07-2006 02:56 PM

Well, happy belated deathday to you Lush. Four years already. Wow!!

And we cannot forget dear old Form either. Happy first deathday!! :D

Kath 01-07-2006 04:43 PM

Happy deathdays to both Lush and Form! May you have many more.

Glirdan 01-07-2006 09:54 PM

I just noticed something rather interesting I must say that is a rather big deal. It has now been three years of death, as of the 5th that is, of one of our dear moderators! I'm talking about one man with pans. Saucy, you might have escaped the others noticing, but you can't elude us forever!!! :p Happy third deathday my friend!!!

Firefoot 01-08-2006 08:07 AM

Happy deathday, Sauce! And slightly belated to Lush and Form.

How do you all find these out? Are you just looking around in random people's profiles?

Kath 01-08-2006 10:44 AM

Happy belated deathday Sauce! Maybe each member has a stalker who makes sure they know all the dates. Ooh maybe if someone was bored enough they could do a sig like Holby's except with deathdays rather than birthdays.

Glirdan 01-08-2006 11:18 AM

Well, Kath, I wouldn't say that I stalk Saucy. I was just wondering how Lhuna knew everyone's deathday so I immediately thought "Well, I'm going to just go through the list of posts just for the heck of it!' And I did and Saucy happens to be the second person on the first page and I clicked to see his profile and VOILA!! his deathday was there!

As for doing what Holby does, I actually wouldn't mind doing that. :D Anybody have any objections?

Lhunardawen 01-09-2006 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glirdan
Well, Kath, I wouldn't say that I stalk Saucy. I was just wondering how Lhuna knew everyone's deathday so I immediately thought "Well, I'm going to just go through the list of posts just for the heck of it!' And I did and Saucy happens to be the second person on the first page and I clicked to see his profile and VOILA!! his deathday was there!

Much as I want to claim omniscience, I'll have to admit that Kath and Formendacil are only two of the very few BDers whose deathdays I am certain. Perhaps the fact that they both died on January, the month of my birthday, helped...

Quote:

As for doing what Holby does, I actually wouldn't mind doing that. :D Anybody have any objections?
Of course not. That's going to be a LOT of work, Glirdan. ;)

Glirdan 01-09-2006 05:11 PM

Quote:

Of course not. That's going to be a LOT of work, Glirdan.
I'm up for the challenge Lhuna. Kath said that she'd help me whenever possible and I gladly accept any help from anyone. I'll get right on that....as soon as I get enough time to start it. :D