The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Paper Telephone. (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=13160)

Rune Son of Bjarne 01-27-2007 08:00 PM

I would like to write. . .although I do have a scanner hooked up now.

Holbytlass 01-28-2007 07:56 AM

As Legate had mentioned, it is fun how Christmas festivities is a part of it and then at the end, art imitating life, things turn for the worst in the economics department like when we all get our credit card bills in January and realize we went a tad overbudget :D.

You all outdid yourselves! an extra nod to Elrond's Daughter and Oddwen for adding new ways to illustrate. Brilliant authoring of the captions, I was so pleased and had no idea what would be coming.

Thank you all so much for your patience.

I would like to draw, please.

The Might 01-28-2007 12:01 PM

I'd like to draw too

Nimrodel_9 01-28-2007 03:30 PM

That was great! It's kinda like the create your own scene with pics thread except everyone else plays and it's completely random.

Ka, your pictures are amazing!

I would like to write if there is still room, but I got to play the last one, so don't turn anyone else down. :)

High King Fingolfin 01-28-2007 09:20 PM

I would like to write again. The last one was hilarious. I really changed the entire course of the thing.

Thinlómien 01-29-2007 02:11 AM

That was really amusing and amazing. :D

If there's still room, I'd love to participate. I have no preference which thing to do, write or draw.

Volo 01-29-2007 08:18 AM

I'd like to write if there is space.

Damrod 01-29-2007 01:57 PM

That was great :D Fit me in for drawing again if there's any space left.

Firefoot 01-29-2007 03:32 PM

I think we'll cap off the sign ups right there. I'll send out the sentence to the first drawer sometime tonight or tomorrow. Here's the list with approximate deadlines:

Legate - Draw (Feb 2)
Hookbill - Write (Feb 4)
Holbytlass - Draw (Feb 7)
elrond's daughter - Write (Feb 9)
The Might - Draw (Feb 12)
Rune Son - Write (Feb 14)
Damrod - Draw (Feb 17)
Volo - Write (Feb 19)
Spawn - Draw (Feb 22)
Fingolfin - Write (Feb 24)
Thinlomien - Draw (Feb 27)
Nimrodel - Write (Mar 1)

If I missed anyone or got your preference wrong, or if there's trouble with your dates, let me know.

Volo 01-30-2007 09:31 AM

Put my deadline a few days earlier, :D.

I'll post the sentence to Firefoot, right?

Firefoot 01-30-2007 03:21 PM

Right.

I switched Volo with Nimrodel. That way even if this ends up running late, the deadline should still be fine.

Legate - Draw (Feb 2)
Hookbill - Write (Feb 4)
Holbytlass - Draw (Feb 7)
elrond's daughter - Write (Feb 9)
The Might - Draw (Feb 12)
Rune Son - Write (Feb 14)
Thinlomien - Draw (Feb 17)
Volo - Write (Feb 19)
Spawn - Draw (Feb 22)
Fingolfin - Write (Feb 24)
Damrod - Draw (Feb 27)
Nimrodel - Write (Mar 1)

The Might 01-31-2007 11:46 AM

Thanks for adding me ;)

Damrod 02-02-2007 04:21 PM

I just realized, I'm going to be on the road on the week that my sentence comes. Could you scramble the schedule a bit?
edt:thanks, that will work.

Firefoot 02-02-2007 04:25 PM

I'll switch you with Lommy.

Nimrodel_9 02-03-2007 04:09 PM

I'm good to go anywhere if anyone needs to switch. :)

Thinlómien 02-05-2007 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefoot
I'll switch you with Lommy.

That was actually a good idea; that is a better time for me too... :)

Hookbill the Goomba 02-13-2007 03:25 AM

How is the game going? :)

Thinlómien 02-13-2007 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
How is the game going? :)

I've just been called but I've not drawn anything yet. My deadline is the 15th... So it's in time, at least. :D

Firefoot 02-14-2007 01:49 PM

Spawn, you need to clear out your pm's.

dancing spawn of ungoliant 02-15-2007 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefoot
Spawn, you need to clear out your pm's.

Apologies. There's space now. :)

Hookbill the Goomba 02-23-2007 02:34 PM

We must be nearing the end!
I hope it's a good one, I know the picture I recived was pretty hillarious! :D

Holbytlass 02-23-2007 02:42 PM

I suppose there have been additional changes to the line-up since you, Hookbill, at the moment are #2!!

Hookbill the Goomba 02-23-2007 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holbytlass
I suppose there have been additional changes to the line-up since you, Hookbill, at the moment are #2!!

Oh no, you misunderstand me. I was merely musing on the fact that the picture I received, some weeks ago, was very funny. It was separate to the comment about being nearly at the end. :smokin:

Firefoot 02-23-2007 06:26 PM

I sent Fingolfin's sentence out to Damrod three days ago - however, he hasn't even received the pm yet. So...

Damrod, are you out there?

Or is there someone who's watching this that would want to pick up a picture right now?

Otherwise, I guess I could draw something - since it's not a sentence, it doesn't really matter if I know what it came from...

Nimrodel_9 02-23-2007 11:07 PM

Woohoo! We are almost to the end! :D

I would draw, but my scanner isn't working at the moment, and I should be next to write. :p

Damrod 02-26-2007 10:19 AM

I'm sorry—I've been on vacation afk since the 17th, and arrived home yesterday. I thought the sentence would come on the 27th... anyway, I'll draw it now.

Precioussss 02-27-2007 10:12 AM

Oh my, I'm so sorry I forgot about his game!!! Oh dear. If you'll let me play again, I promise I won't forget!

Nimrodel_9 03-02-2007 04:41 PM

Where are we at? I'm getting excited! :D

Damrod 03-05-2007 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimrodel_9
Where are we at? I'm getting excited! :D

My drawing was sent in at the time of this post, so your turn should be quite soon. :cool:

Thinlómien 03-06-2007 07:18 AM

Great! Seems we're ready soon. :D *bounces*

The Might 03-06-2007 09:53 AM

Well, I think it's going to be worth the waiting...:D

Firefoot 03-07-2007 09:59 PM

Proudly presenting...

Paper Telephone 6! After all that, it's finally here!

I started it all off with this sentence:

"Gollum and Ghán-bûri-Ghán were the only ones to show up at Gríma's birthday party."

Legate responded with this picture: http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...Legate-6-1.jpg

Hookbill then humorously described it as:

"Much as he hated arguments or any kind of unpleasantness, ever-benevolent comedy wizard, Grima Wormtongue had to be forced to endure a birthday party in his honour. To make matters worse, the only people who arrived were Gollum (who, incidentally, thought dead fish a fitting present) and a half naked Bombour (intent on playing musical chairs) who is so hungry he is eating Saruman's hand."

Holby drew us this masterpiece:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2.../Holby-6-2.jpg

Elrond's daughter said that it was:

"A dismayed Gandalf tries desperately to emcee a party, the only attendees of which are a rockin'-out Sméagol and a noticeably undressed blonde hobbit."

So The Might depicted it as:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2.../Might-6-3.jpg

And Rune described it:

"Gandalf arranged a party so that the hobbits could re-unite with their long lost relative Sméagol."

Lommy gave us this work of art:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2.../Lommy-6-4.jpg

And Volo said that it was:

"Sam on his 40th birthday with Gandalf, Merry and Pipping partying happily, Frodo is turned into a Gollum-like creature and Sam is sad that the cake is so small."

Then Spawn drew us this wonderful picture: http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2.../Spawn-6-5.jpg

And Fingolfin wrote:

“Guests at the magical disco party included Gandalf, Frodo, Pippin, a sad-looking Sam, and a younger Gollum.”

Damrod finally came up with this:
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...Damrod-6-6.jpg

And Nimrodel drew it to a sweeping conclusion with this sentence:

“The disco party was getting more and more wild: Aragorn the DJ was putting Boromir the Disco King's and his back-up dancers' moves to the test, Frodo and Gandalf were about to get in a fist-fight with Gollum cheering them on, and a drunken Pippin was desperately begging for kisses, which seemed to make Merry sad enough to cut his hair.”

Hopefully it was worth the wait!

High King Fingolfin 03-07-2007 11:30 PM

That was absolutely wonderful!. The only one who stayed through the whole game was Gollum.

I'll be sitting out on the next game, as I've been in them for a while now.

Rikae 03-08-2007 12:12 AM

That was fabulous - Spawn's Frodo-Gollum alone was worth the price of admission! I'd love to participate in the next round -

Hookbill the Goomba 03-08-2007 12:52 AM

Fantastic!! :D

Holby's interpretation of my 'Comedy Wizard' really made me laugh. Grima the stand up!

Lommy's Gollum made me laugh also. 'Cheers'.

Thinlómien 03-08-2007 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by High King Fingolfin
The only one who stayed through the whole game was Gollum.

But even he was turned to Frodo at one phase! :p That was so funny. But quite accurate too since the party-theme lasted til the end.

All the pictures and texts were just fantastic, but I must say that the one spawn came up with left me quite speechless. Wow!

I'm pretty hooked. :D If there's a flood of people who did not play in this game and who want to play I'll step aside, if not, I'd love to have another round with either writing or drawing.

Legate of Amon Lanc 03-08-2007 06:45 AM

So it's finally here!

Wow! I really like Hookbill's description, as well as Volo's (I like, and also wonder, how you came to the conclusion that it was Frodo turned to Gollum :D ) and Nimrodel's (good observation with the hair, I was first wondering where did you get it). The pics are also great, I like TM's quite a lot. The Gollum character, however, seems to look the best of all the participants at all the pictures (namely Lommy and Damrod have really good Gollums. And then, of course, there is Damrod's Boromir the Disco King...) :D

Spawn's pic is a real masterpiece :eek:

The Might 03-08-2007 08:44 AM

:D:D:D
Great one! I especially liked Legate's drawing of Ghan-buri-ghan, and the Bombur reply from Hookbill...
Interesting though how Bombur afterwards became a naked Hobbit
Also great idea Damrod with the Nazgul in the background
Spawn's really is great

Oddwen 03-08-2007 10:34 AM

You are all brilliant.

dancing spawn of ungoliant 03-08-2007 11:39 AM

Funny how a small party of three grew into a full-blown rave. :D Absolutely great drawings and sentences, everyone. The small details there are wonderful, and Lommy's Gollum and Holby's Bombur actually made me laugh out loud.

I think I'm developing an addiction to this... so yes, I'd like to join the next round. Also, thanks for your comments, guys. I downloaded GIMP a while ago so I thought to try coloring a pic with it.

And thanks to Firefoot, our phone operator.