The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   If you could.......... (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5450)

Morai 11-06-2002 06:37 PM

If you could..........

Me and my "evil" ways:

If you could kidnap any Tolkien character (for my sake, if that character is in the Silmarion, it might help to give a brief description) who would you kidnap, why, and what would you do? Keep this thread clean, and you may kidnap multiple people.

Tigerlily Gamgee 11-06-2002 08:23 PM

I think that I would have to kidnap all of Hobbiton... I would relocate it to my backyard where I would party day in and day out with my little, hobbit friends!

Raefindel 11-06-2002 09:49 PM

I think I would much prefer to be kidnapped to Middle Earth than kidnap one of them to my home.

Tigerlily Gamgee 11-06-2002 10:26 PM

Actually, I like that idea better, Rae [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Diamond18 11-06-2002 10:39 PM

Definitely! I want Pippin to come kidnap me. Pah! That looks so dumb written out. To post it or not to post it? That is the question...

Okay, let's not say "kidnap" let's say, "invite". I'd like Pippin to come invite me to Middle-earth. And I would say, "Sure! Just let me go get some mace." That is, only if it was pre-Fields of Cormallen, and I had to worry about Orcs. If it was after, I'd just say "Great! Where are we going?" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

bragolheledion 11-07-2002 01:41 AM

Arwen coz well she best lloking elf i mean who wouldnt.

Helkahothion 11-07-2002 08:28 AM

I would kidnap Legoas and take him with me to a forrest there he would make me a bow and then teach me how to shoot like him.
Then I take him to a blacksmit and let him make m those knifes and arrows. One's I have mastered all of his fighting skills id send him back to middle earth and hide myself in his stuff.
________
Marijuana vaporizers

Elenna 11-07-2002 08:31 AM

I'd kidnap Glorfindel and take him to our school's formals. I bet he looks really great in a suit. Plus, if any hideous Balrog cheerleaders rear their ugly heads, he can kick their skirt clad fiery butts.

Morai 11-07-2002 06:27 PM

Hmm. I'd kidnap Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin. I'd have Frodo settle all the disputes, Sam kick anyone's behind if they picked on me, and Merry and Pippin to do Pranks.

Hm....

Faye Took 11-07-2002 06:50 PM

Hey watch it, I'm a cheerleader. But don't worry I would never be caught being preppy *shudders*. I'm the cheerleader no one likes really so it all evens out.

Raefindel 11-07-2002 06:52 PM

I wouldn't mind being kidnapped by an Elf who would throw me over his shoulder like Princess Fiona.

Elven Mistress 11-08-2002 08:25 PM

Pippin...definatly Pippin...or Faramir...I like Faramir too...hehe...

akhtene 11-10-2002 05:42 PM

I would kidnap ... a dragon... a tiny dragon... a dragon baby, just the size to fit into my tiny room and be the gem of my collection. http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/game...ons/ipuppy.gif

Arwen Imladris 11-10-2002 05:55 PM

The 4 hobbits and an elf (prob Legolas).

BTW are we talking about characters from the movie or the book? For me it would be the same either way.

Rose Cotton 11-10-2002 06:56 PM

I'd kidnapp the entire fellowship, give Frodo my fake One Ring, tell them all we have to go destoy it in some nonexistant volcano and then go on a vain quest parading through the countryside forever. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Precioussss 11-10-2002 08:42 PM

I would kidnap an anonymous elf that nobody cares about.hehehe... sorry gralin

Lord Tohlos 11-11-2002 11:04 PM

Gimli! I would take Gimli! He is cool...me and him could plot against elves...plus, he could dig me a real cool underground complex...and a fence...

Lindril Arvilya 11-11-2002 11:29 PM

*keeping her eyes on the floor*
Pippin. And Frodo. Don't tell my boyfriend.

Kalimac 11-12-2002 12:00 AM

First of all I'd make myself 5 years younger (before I met my husband) and go meet up with Faramir (pre-Eowyn, of course). Obviously it wouldn't lead to anything [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] - just always found the Stewards to be interesting and he is by far the coolest member of that family. He could show me around Old Regime Gondor (though avoiding lunch with his father would probably be wise) and show me the Houses of Healing and the tombs of the kings, though it would be hard to look at those, knowing what would eventually happen. Maybe we could even sneak a peek at Gandalf, madly shuffling through paperwork in the libraries [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. I would have to be very careful in what I said, though - if I encouraged him too much he might end up deciding to go to Rivendell for the council, Boromir or no Boromir, and who knows what could result from that.

bombur 11-12-2002 06:19 AM

I'd kidnap Frodo. Why? To take the ring of course (maniac and evil laughter)...

[img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Balrog of Khazadum 11-12-2002 06:52 AM

the whole felloship except boromir & gandalf

VanimaEdhel 11-12-2002 06:34 PM

Being that I'm an adolescent, I would kidnap anyone attractive...then, I'd kidnap everyone else in Arda that was left...including the animals. Might get a little crowded, but oh well...

Sapphire_Flame 11-20-2002 11:44 AM

Quote:

I would kidnap ... a dragon... a tiny dragon... a dragon baby, just the size to fit into my tiny room and be the gem of my collection.
Aw, cute!!!! I wanna baby dragon!!

I'd kidnap Pippin...and Merry...and Frodo...well, yeah all the hobbits in the Fellowship, plus Legolas for my friend. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 01-11-2003 12:25 PM

i would prefer to go to middle-earth and be captured by Merry and Pippin, but i guess it will have to happen the other way around. Actually, the whole of Hobbiton would be fun. Dancing and partying every night! woo-hoo sounds fun!

Meela 01-11-2003 03:02 PM

id kidnap edoras, when aragorn/legolas/gimli/gandalf are there of course. oh, and id get eomer and the rohirrim there first! and then id live there and marry Grima. or maybe eomer... or maybe both...

dragoneyes 01-11-2003 03:19 PM

Quote:

the whole felloship except boromir & gandalf
What's the matter with Boromir and Gandalf?
I like Vanima's idea, I'd probably go with that. I'd also much prefer a full-grown dragon (I like dragons)

eleanor_niphredil 01-11-2003 03:30 PM

What do you mean, what is wrong with Boromir and Gandalf? First of all, Gandalf would be like a third parent, plus he needs a face lift. As for Boromir, my Grandma fancies Boromir...need I say more?

I would kidnap a few orcs and let them battle it out, charging people to watch. oh, and a few hobbits to wait on me. And some elves to give as presents to my friends.

Manardariel 01-12-2003 12:27 PM

Hmmmm... I would want to BE kidnaped by Aragorn... *swoon drool sigh*
Aaaaannyway, I would kidnap Elrond so he puts his big nose out of his daughter´s social/love life...
And I would kidnap Frodo to give him a plastic surgery... those eyes SCARE me.. can you change the color?

eleanor_niphredil 01-12-2003 12:32 PM

Quote:

I would kidnap Frodo to give him a plastic surgery
You know, a few whacks in the face with the blunt end of a sword can do the job just as efficiantly, with half the expense [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

dragoneyes 01-12-2003 12:37 PM

That wouldn't change the colours of his eyes though would it?

Aylwen Dreamsong 01-12-2003 01:29 PM

Quote:

those eyes SCARE me.. can you change the color?
Buy him some contacts...just not purple. My friend bought the purple contacts just for kicks, and no one could look at her straight in the eyes, she looked kinda scary (sorry Han [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ). She looked...possessed. Worse than blue!!! Luckily she went to the pool one day and lost one of the contacts so she just went back to regular old clear contacts.

Get him contacts, stay away from the purple though.... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Aylwen

[ January 12, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]

[ January 12, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]

excheeto 01-12-2003 03:42 PM

I would kidnap ... a dragon... a tiny dragon... a dragon baby, just the size to fit into my tiny room and be the gem of my collection.
-------------------------------------------

I love dragons,as long as thier nothing like Smaug they can stay in my room as long as they want

I'd probly kidnap Aragorn and get him to take me to Hobbiton or Rivendell,where I will never be heard from on this earth again

dragoneyes 01-12-2003 04:01 PM

I love dragons whatever they're like (though I'd probably love Smaug-like ones from afar)

Galenfea of Mirkwood. 01-14-2003 01:45 PM

Probably Aragorn and Legolas. Then I would make them teach me swordfighting, archery and Elvish and then I'd talk Ara gorn into not marrying Arwen (I might need my friend Araloth's help with this) and let them both go back to Middle Earth.
If I could do all that I would be one happy girl! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Everdawn 01-14-2003 08:06 PM

I would kidnap Frodo and Lord Elrond and tell them they are in the matrix..*rofl*... I would dress up in black vynal and wear those sunglasses and "set them free".. so Frodo will gladly hand over the ring to me!!! mwahhahaha!...

hehehe.. oh man that was a good one....

Pennthangeil 01-31-2003 05:58 PM

I want to be kidnaped by the 9 travelers
Then I'd get to

*ride on Aragorns back (weeeee!)

*Cook with Sam

*Have inteligent conversation with Legolas and Gandalf

*Cuddle Pippin (grin [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )

*Have a drink with Merry

*Tell Boromir he needs to get over himself

* Tell Frodo he should do something for SAM for a change

* Braid Gimli's beard and then we can complain about how being short sucks!

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 02-01-2003 11:39 AM

Hm...cuddling Pippin....i am intrigued...
LOL

PeregrinTook 02-04-2003 03:37 PM

I want to be kidnapped by the entire Fellowship and go with them on their Quest!! I am totally serious about that!
But... If I had to kidnap people, then I'd take Pippin, Frodo, Sam, Merry, Glorfindel, Arwen, Aragorn, Boromir, Gandalf, Gilmi, all the dwarves from wherever he lives, Legolas (even though I don't like him much), Elrond, Galadriel, Celeborn, Haldir, all the Elves from Lorien, Nob and Bob, Rosie, and all the Hobbits from Hobbitton. Then I'd set up my own little Middle-earth... I can't imagine where, though... I'd have to find somewhere where no one could find us, because if Hobbits suddenly started running around everywhere, people might take notice... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ February 04, 2003: Message edited by: PeregrinTook ]

TolkienGurl 02-04-2003 03:42 PM

I think I'd kidnap Morgoth, slap him around a bit, make him behave, and then send him back to Middle-earth. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Gorwingel 02-05-2003 10:03 AM

I would not consider it "kidnapping", I would call it "forcefully inviting".
So if I could "forcefully invite" anyone from Middle Earth, that would be so easy, the four hobbits of course! They are all my favorites, and then hopefully they would "forcefully invite" me to Middle Earth, that would be great.