The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   weridest..... (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5172)

Maikadurwen 06-26-2003 03:00 PM

weridest.....

who do you think is the wierdest lotr character and dont say frodo and his eyes or chin or else....

*sharpens sword* ha ha ha [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ June 26, 2003: Message edited by: Maikadurwen ]

Maikadurwen 06-26-2003 03:05 PM

gollum is weird he look like he has headlights for eyes

Sapphire_Flame 06-26-2003 03:26 PM

As in weirdest looking? I think I'd have to say Gollum as well. He really does look like a frog... o.O

Abedithon le!

Meela 06-26-2003 03:27 PM

He he... I look like Gollum

The weirdest character is... Tom Bombadil. Too much singing. And those yellow boots? Fashion victim or what?

Orofaniel 06-26-2003 03:30 PM

The wierdest?

Um....probably Tom Bombadil and Gollum as some has said before me. Well I would say Tom.

Tom with his yellow boost and songs, no one beats him! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sapphire_Flame 06-26-2003 03:32 PM

Good point. I recast my vote for Tom Bombadil. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Duncariel 06-26-2003 03:35 PM

Sorry, gotta say it. Frodo. Not for his eyes! Don't mistake me, Frodo's great, (well, not really). I just hate his chin.

Maikadurwen 06-26-2003 03:55 PM

ill let you off this time ha ha ha but i think hes hot

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 06-26-2003 04:28 PM

My question is: Why is Frodo's face square? Don't dis Tom Bombadil. He just likes caffeine way too much.

The weirdest character? I think the weirdest character is (Don't hit me, Meela) Denethor. I mean, the guy went a little berserker in RotK. And now I think I'll run from Meela's wrath.

[EDIT] Happy 900th post to me! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ June 26, 2003: Message edited by: Horse-Maiden of the Shire ]

ElenCala Isil 06-26-2003 04:29 PM

hmm... I don't know, Tom and Gollum rank high though
Frodo? weird? I just don't see it...
unless by weird you don't just mean odd... in which case...
*drones on and on about different classifications of "weird"*

[ June 26, 2003: Message edited by: ElenCala Isil ]

Trippo The Hippo 06-26-2003 04:31 PM

Treebeard!! He was slow, and uh a TREE. If thats not wierd then what is.

Maikadurwen 06-26-2003 04:56 PM

do not dis the bearer of the one ring or you shall pay

*sharpens sword*(again) [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Duncariel 06-26-2003 05:37 PM

Quote:

ill let you off this time ha ha ha but i think hes hot
Ohhh, gag me with a spoon. If anybodies hot, it has to be the Ringwraith's, I mean, with all the cloaks and stuff. Geez.

Tinuviel of Denton 06-26-2003 06:10 PM

Actually, I think that Feanor was pretty weird. Scary kind of weird. Of course, the same could go for his sons.

And Shelob, Ungoliant, and all those other spiders. Giant spiders that talk are creepy. Curse my vivid imagination, but those things give me nightmares.

Olorin 06-26-2003 09:30 PM

Tom Bombadil, by far. I don't think he's weird in a bad way, but he is REALLY, REALLY weird.

QuickSlash 06-26-2003 09:38 PM

So many of you say Tom, but what about Goldberry? She lived with him, after all. o.O

Meela 06-27-2003 06:19 AM

He probably kidnapped her.

purplefluffychainsaw 06-27-2003 06:21 AM

Meela, he DID practically. Anyway, I vote for Elrond being the weirdest. I don't know why, becaue he is still one of the coolest chacters, I just think he's weird. Maybe it comes of being half elf, half human.

Maikadurwen 06-27-2003 12:38 PM

denthor is kinda funky lookin

peonydeepdelver 06-27-2003 01:17 PM

I'd have to say Wormtongue for having no eyebrows and greasy hair, and then going willingly out in public. As a second choice, I think I'd have to go with Elrond, for he bears a striking resemblance to Agent Elr- I mean, Smith, from the Matrix... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Maylin 06-27-2003 02:39 PM

in the books, the weirdest is denthor.
Movie, my vote rests with elrond

Duncariel 06-27-2003 06:15 PM

Wow, ya'll are teetering on the edge with Denethor. You never know who else may be watching.

Meela 06-27-2003 06:17 PM

*giggles and gets out her binoculars*

Everdawn 06-28-2003 12:24 AM

Everdawn nodds *HARRY POTTER*
*some anon. person off the street* : You cant say Harry Potter, he isnt in LOTR.
Everdawn: right... um.. Frodo.
*anon person: Cant say Frodo either...
Everdawn shrugs. :i got nuthin...

Aredhel Idril Telcontar 06-28-2003 08:40 AM

Here's my top 3 (if anybody's interested [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])

3. Wormtongue.
2. Gollum.

Aaaand no. 1 *drumroll*... Tom Bombadil!!!!
Jeez, isn't that a surprise... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Anyway, my opinion is similar to many here so I'll be quiet now [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Luthien_ Tinuviel 06-28-2003 08:43 PM

Quote:

He really does look like a frog
My thoughts exactly!

Quote:

Actually, I think that Feanor was pretty weird. Scary kind of weird. Of course, the same could go for his sons.
I can't say that I agree exactly. Maedhros was pretty cool, and Maglor was alright... On the other hand, Celelgorm, Curufin and Caranthir... don't even make me go there! *gag* [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Quote:

in the books, the weirdest is denthor.
Movie, my vote rests with elrond
Once again, my thoughts exactly. Denethor is just creepy... (sorry, Meela, creepy can be good), and in the books I actually kind of liked Elrond, but the movie Agent *ahem* Elrond is just too scary for words... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[ June 28, 2003: Message edited by: Luthien_ Tinuviel ]

Turtleman 06-28-2003 09:28 PM

Um... Gollum, He is bloody insane! If he came up to me on the street, I would run in the opposite direction...

arianrod 06-28-2003 11:35 PM

Denethor is weird, but he's great! I just love his dialogue and actions. He's just so sure everyone's going to die that it's almost comical to hear him talk about it. I mean, by the end of it he's almost like those guys you see standing on the side of the streets holding "THE END IS NEAR!" signs. Can you picture him standing out there in front of one of those burning trash cans, sign in one hand and Palantir in the other...

The next weirdest would have to be Wormtongue. That guy totally freaks me out.
Quote:

I'd have to say Wormtongue for having no eyebrows and greasy hair, and then going willingly out in public.
Yea, that pretty much sums it up for me too, peony.

And welcome to the Downs, Turtleman! Enjoy your death! ^_^

Gorwingel 06-28-2003 11:47 PM

I would have to say that Tom Bombadil is pretty weird and Gollum is too. But Wormtounge has to take the cake, he is weird in the book and in the movie. He kind of reminds you of the really creepy assistant of the evil scientist who is like "Yesss Master".

Meela 06-29-2003 09:29 AM

Quote:

sorry, Meela, creepy can be good
Of course creepy is good [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I love Mr. Creepy himself, Grima Wormtongue.

ElenCala Isil 06-30-2003 12:08 PM

I think Tom is kinda weird as I've said before, but for some reason I just never thought of Denethor as weird... a little unorthodox in his death ceremonies perhaps but not weird or creepy or anything.... go figure.. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Tinuviel of Denton 07-01-2003 10:09 AM

Quote:

I love Mr. Creepy himself, Grima Wormtongue
I thought you were married to Denethor.

Meela 07-01-2003 01:24 PM

Yeh, but who can resist the pale and mysterious charms of gorgeous Grima??

Everyone but me, probably... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 07-01-2003 01:46 PM

As I repeat meself...Mr. Dourif does look excellent in sunglasses... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

*cough cough* Erm...back on topic! The weirdest LOOKING is Wormtongue, what with the Hulk skin and Crisco hair and whatnot, and in a close second is Elrond's eyebrows. They're so big they can be counted as a person themselves. Har har har.

The weirdest ACTING (books) is Tom who seemingly has ALWAYS smoked too much pipeweed. In the movies, it must be...well...sorry, but Figwit is the only one I can think of. Right, Figgy?

*silence*

Silmiel of Imladris 07-01-2003 02:06 PM

Denethor is off his rocker. Kind of just gave up too quick in my opinion. But the weirdest by far has to be Saruman not really in the movies as much as the books. A great example of Saurman gone nuts is at the end of ROTK when he meets up with Gandalf and Gladriel. What a loser.

Naurwen_of_Lothlorien 07-01-2003 02:55 PM

I have to agree that I am becoming quite a Grima fan. Although he is pretty odd, his creepiness is quite cool... *COUGH HACK CHOKE*

Anyway...Tom Bombadil. He scares me. He always has...he haunts my nightmares I tell you!! In my dreams I hear the intimidating sound of....

"Hey dol, merry dol, derry dol my darling!"

And I know...the yellow booted man is coming!! *SCREAM*

*ahem* Yeah, so he's pretty strange...but that's just my thoughts on the matter. Goldberry is also pretty strange, but of course the weirdest and most intrueging is Gollum/Smeagol. *Nod nod*

Yours weirdly

~Naurwen~ [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Maikadurwen 07-02-2003 08:58 AM

run its agent smith uh i mean elrond!!!!

the guy who be short 07-23-2003 07:35 AM

You've all missed the biggest Weirdo of them all. What kind of nut would create orcs and think they would make good subjects? What idiot wants to rule the world, but kill everything in it? What crackpot puts Maiar on fire? Morgoth!
Morgoth is the number one nut.

But second...

Hey dol, Merry dol, I am not that weird,
Merry dol, ding-a-dong, I am not to be feared,
Derry dol, Molly Doll (!), please dont run away,
Hey dol, holly dol, [whips out knife] or you will pay.

Remember the crazed, murderous look as he whips out his knife, please.

Duncariel 07-23-2003 04:17 PM

Ohhh yes! I completely forgot about our friend Morgoth! As for being off his rocker, I thought he was rather brilliant. He ranks right up there with Stalin, and my buddy Hitler.

Silmiel of Imladris 07-23-2003 06:27 PM

Melkor AKA Morgoth was crazy from the begining. I think he met too many penguins. (See siggy) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]