The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Barrow Downs Photo Gallery / Avatar page (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=4669)

Alkanoonion 05-18-2003 10:41 AM

Barrow Downs Photo Gallery / Avatar page

Sorry to start a new topic but I have closed the old ones. (BW could you please close the old topic I was going to close it but only mods/admins can do that.)

I have remade my homepage which included the Downs photo Gallery, The new page is I think the best todate. you can find the new page here

Also some people had links to my avatars page on the old site which will now need to be relinked (lindil)

If you would like your picture added or removed you can e-mail me at Thain@breeunderbreehill.com

I hope you all like the new setup, when you visit please sign my guest book and tell me what you think.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ May 18, 2003: Message edited by: Alkanoonion ]

Niluial 05-18-2003 11:10 AM

I love the new photo Album.. very classy!!

Eruanna 05-18-2003 01:56 PM

I've just visited your site and left a message (I hope) Very impressed, well done!

Raefindel 05-19-2003 06:46 PM

Cool Dude! There are some new faces and the site is all tidy and new! You even have recipes!

Beruthiel 05-20-2003 02:22 AM

Wow this is cool! Really nice site! You all look so different than how I had imagined you!
I love the way you did the pics section, very professional [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Salix 05-20-2003 12:40 PM

Strange, I can't see Carrun...
Other than that, really nice job!

Hirilaelin 05-20-2003 12:41 PM

I'm getting around to sending my pic... May take a while though, I'm not great with digital cameras... Can never find the right button...

Lossentilien 05-20-2003 12:59 PM

I'll be sending mine as soon as I, well, get a nice one taken. Which could be aaaaages. But hopefully I'll manage. Someday. Is there a deadline? Heh heh...... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Annalaliath 05-20-2003 07:43 PM

I am wondering why I sent that picture but anyway i think that was cool.

Alkanoonion 05-26-2003 07:55 AM

Niluial has now joined the photo gal.

Elanor 05-26-2003 10:16 AM

Very nice indeed Alk, thanks for all your hard work. I like your site too.
Is your signature meant to link to the new photo page? It's still sending me to the old one, is that right?

Alkanoonion 05-26-2003 06:05 PM

Thanks Elanor, I have now fixed the link.

Niluial 05-28-2003 10:26 PM

Cool my photo is up!!! Thank you [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

eleanor_niphredil 05-31-2003 05:10 AM

Would I be able to change mine? I look so young in that one, which is not suprizing as that was at least four years ago now.

Niluial 06-01-2003 07:41 PM

eleanor_niphredil that’s the point.. you must look younger [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]!! Ok so a question... will my picture always be up or do I have to keep renewing it?

Alkanoonion 06-10-2003 03:45 AM

Lyra Greenleaf (on the right) has joined the photo page, [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Yavanna228 06-10-2003 03:56 PM

Wonderful work, Alkanoonion! It's so cool to be able to see some of the people behind the posts! Thanks so much for the work you put into it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Lyra- What a sweet face you have! Nice picture.
Niluial- You are quite lovely! Here I was, picturing you as your Avatar, and you look even better. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img](Just so you know, I am a girl, so I'm not trying to chat you up or anything! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])
Peace

Balin999 06-11-2003 10:44 AM

Hm am I the only one who thinks that Lush is REALLY cute?

Lyra Greenleaf 06-11-2003 01:47 PM

Yes, that's right. I am a talented (ahem) 8 year old. (Or alternatively it's the last photo I ever had taken that I really like! (Despite the Hobbit ears and Bugs Bunny teeth.)

(By the way, I'm the bigger one. My little sister made a short but memorable entry at the Bds party and danced with Helka.)

[ June 11, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]

VanimaEdhel 06-11-2003 01:56 PM

Balin: no, you are not. And I mean that in a non-stalker way, Lush.

And I'll try to find a picture to send to you Alkanoonion. It may be after I get back from Russia, but I'll try to get one to you sometime!

[ June 11, 2003: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]

Balin999 06-11-2003 02:23 PM

Oh, well i saw my comment just as a compliment, please mind that, Lush [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

the phantom 06-11-2003 02:35 PM

Well Balin, I think there's A LOT of cuties on the page, Lush being one of them. And just think, people rarely look half as good in pictures as they do in person, so these member pics aren't doing them full justice. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] (imagine how gorgeous they really are)

It's like I always say, Tolkien fans are just naturally smarter and better looking than the average person. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

VanimaEdhel 06-11-2003 05:21 PM

Actually I think that the Barrow-Downs, from what I've seen, may be the most attractive Forum out there. I say we cheer for our shallow, exterior beauty! Yay! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Oh, and for our inner beauty too... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Diamond18 06-12-2003 01:10 AM

So many new pictures to view since last I looked! Niluial, you're posing just like your avatar! That's pretty cool. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ha. You can't fool us, Balin you masher. I'll bet you've already sent Lush PM's with little heart icons and all that. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Looking forward to seeing more. I've got to get a new pic of myself, one of these days. The one that's up is a year old (11 months, actually) and... Well, I just wish I had a more recent one. The only reason that one got taken was because my mom wanted to use up the film in the camera, so she could get her vacation pics of lizards and such developed. So I wasn't even prepared. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Blah blah blah, yadda yadda, excuses, excuses.

Anyway, great page, Alk! Loads much faster than the old ones.

Balin999 06-12-2003 08:19 AM

Quote:

Ha. You can't fool us, Balin you masher. I'll bet you've already sent Lush PM's with little heart icons and all that
Damn, you got me! But don't tell Lush that I told you, she wanted me to keep it secret.
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:

And just think, people rarely look half as good in pictures as they do in person, so these member pics aren't doing them full justice.
Wow. Hehe. (that's all I can say at the moment.)

[ June 12, 2003: Message edited by: Balin999 ]

Balin999 06-14-2003 07:32 AM

Alkanoonion, somehow I can't see the larger pictures if I click on them. you know, if you want to see the picture a little bit larger, you can click on it (of course you know, it's your site [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]). But well, it doesn't work for me, so I wanted to ask what the reason could be.

Gorwingel 06-14-2003 10:33 PM

Lyra, are you older now? Please don't tell me that you are still 8. You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but are you older than 10 because, oh I don't know, some of these young Tolkien fans are so educated [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] *Rushes to get her books and busily starts reading them to catch up with the 9 year olds*

Lyra Greenleaf 06-15-2003 10:21 AM

Sorry Gorwingel- I'm 18!

Niluial 06-15-2003 05:18 PM

Quote:

Niluial- You are quite lovely! Here I was, picturing you as your Avatar, and you look even better. (Just so you know, I am a girl, so I'm not trying to chat you up or anything! )
Lol… don’t worry I did not think anything of it I was just flatterd [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Quote:

Niluial, you're posing just like your avatar! That's pretty cool.
Ah.. I just noticed that now!! Well like my old avatar.. ,aybe I should get my old one back…I miss it!

Cute Lyra!! I was shocked.. I was like wow is Lyra that young.. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]!! Lol…. The younger the better!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Gorisil 06-15-2003 05:33 PM

Niluial – You are not at all the way I imagined you. You are really nice like gorgeous nice [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. Ok it sounds like I am chatting you up. But like wow! I can’t wait to meet you!

Gorwingel 06-15-2003 07:07 PM

Quote:

Sorry Gorwingel- I'm 18!
That's good. Now I feel like the young one (I'm 17)

DayVampyre 06-15-2003 07:51 PM

Yay! my pic made it to the album. I'm glad it worked.

I wasn't so sure if it would!

Beruthiel 06-16-2003 02:28 AM

Hey Alkanoonion, do you think you could host my avatar? Please PM me about it, thanks!

[ June 16, 2003: Message edited by: Beruthiel ]

Balin999 06-16-2003 05:33 AM

Quote:

Niluial – You are not at all the way I imagined you. You are really nice like gorgeous nice
Hm I wondered what Gorisil meant with that post and after having a look at Niluial's pic..... I understand. *phew*

Edit: Alk, it still doesn't work [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Don't know what to do about it. Anyway, the site is really great. (Since my pic is on it, it's even greater [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])

[ June 16, 2003: Message edited by: Balin999 ]

Helkahothion 06-16-2003 06:43 AM

Quote:

By the way, I'm the bigger one. My little sister made a short but memorable entry at the Bds party and danced with Helka
Well, thank you Lyra. It is always nice to know who you inslut. Did she do something with that beard already? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nice going Alk. You are really worth being my officer. Just a quick question, why is the forum on Bree so dead?

Suilad,

Anuion

Annunfuiniel 06-17-2003 01:45 PM

Quote:

Girls keep sending in the member pic's I am running out of girls to stalk.
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Alk, that's a bit...disquieting... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nice to see all the new pics (and old ones, anew)!

Niluial, yours is great - and yes: Get that old avatar back! It was so...You. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Haven't got time now to praise you all as much I'd like. But I'll be back!

~Annun

(Forgive me my 'chattyness', just this once, please...)

Lush 06-17-2003 04:23 PM

Balin you're quite hot as well. I'm still waiting for a saucy, heart-studded PM, however.

Another person who is infinently hot, and who almost NEVER posts, is Turambar. He ought to be...punished.

*ahem*

Mattius 06-17-2003 04:30 PM

ALthough my PC is now smashed in the head, I do remember that the site looked very cool. Well done that man!

Orofaniel 06-19-2003 06:54 AM

Nice site, I really liked it!! Good Job! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Balin999 06-20-2003 08:20 AM

Hiya Lush!
I'm glad that you realised how hot I am [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I have written you the desired PM. (Just wanted to make sure that you know)
And Barrow Wight, I'm sorry. You know what I mean.