The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Novices and Newcomers (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Your personal title! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=12158)

Glirdan 08-18-2006 03:47 PM

Thank you morm, and I think I might have found one which suits my personality and has aliteration. How's Energetic Eidolon?

Glirdan 08-19-2006 11:08 AM

Grrrr!! Okay, now I have three that I have to choose between: Wandering Wordsmyth, Energetic Eidolon (which I don't want to use cuz Di has Eidolon in hers...) and Energetic Essence. Grrr!!! I'm so torn cuz I like all three!!

Thinlómien 08-19-2006 11:57 AM

Nice ideas all, Glirdy. If you don't want the eidolon 'cos Di has it, why don't you take it away from your list? ;) Makes your life easier, dear brother.

Wandering Wordsmyth sounds a tiny bit better than Energetic Essence but in my humble opinion the latter describes you better. So, if I was to give you advise, I'd say that take the Energetic Essence. Anyway, the choice is yours! Have fun with it! :D

Meela 08-19-2006 02:12 PM

I've been offered a personal title :) And it's about time! Although I did think I'd never get one, since I haven't exactly contributed much to the board, but hey, I'm not complaining. I've had the title picked out for oh, three years...

Gil-Galad 08-19-2006 09:22 PM

oh... i see Meela where your heart truly lies...

*flies away sobbing*

Celuien 08-20-2006 05:51 AM

I've also been offered a title this round! :)

I"m not quite sure what I want to pick. A few ideas...

Babbling brook - advantage of being water related, which goes with my screen name. And I do have a tendency to babble. :p Association with the vocal stream Nimrodel.

On a similar note, Voice in the Water has a nice ring to it, but might be too close to saying I'm Ulmo.

Whispering Willow - sounds nice, but I'm not sure I want to be associated with Old Man Willow.

Moonbeam on the Mist. Just a nice visual image. :)

I'm not sure if I want to pick one of these or puzzle over it a while longer in hopes of coming up with something more creative. Decisions!

Rune Son of Bjarne 08-20-2006 06:48 AM

Congratulations Meela and Celuien

Those are all realy nice PT's Celuien. Realy, I don't know how you guys come up with these things. I could never think of anything that good for a PT. . .

Thinlómien 08-20-2006 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
Realy, I don't know how you guys come up with these things. I could never think of anything that good for a PT. . .

Me neither... And for me it's time to... :p

Shady She-Penguin being my best idea this far...
:rolleyes:

Rune Son of Bjarne 08-20-2006 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Me neither... And for me it's time to... :p

Shady She-Penguin being my best idea this far...
:rolleyes:

Showing off are we. . .

Well one cannot realy object to you getting a PM, it is well deserved. (plus if you never get one, then it is for sure that I won't either :p )

Well Shady She-Penguin is rather fitting.

Thinlómien 08-20-2006 08:17 AM

Quote:

Showing off are we. . .

Of course... :p But it's called gloating in my case... :D (Check WW XXII...)

Celuien 08-20-2006 03:47 PM

Quote:

Those are all realy nice PT's Celuien.

Thanks, Rune.

After discussion with one of my Downer buddies, I just sent in something completely different. :rolleyes: But it fits my personality. :)

Volo 08-22-2006 06:44 AM

Just a little early to think about this... Just a bit... Well, I have always been a megalomaniac. But I shouldn't be hasty, as I have an eternity accomplish my quest for the title Hollow Humorist (or Hollowed Humorist)... That might be too RL for this, but... I feel like that now.

Good to have a goal in life, or in this case, death.

ninja91 08-22-2006 07:55 AM

I would be the "Wonderful White Witch-King"
Or maybe even Sorry Sauron

JennyHallu 08-28-2006 06:25 AM

I just got my invitation!!

I have nooooo idea what I want it to be though.

Gurthang 08-28-2006 09:02 AM

I don't know if you'd like it, Jenny, but I just thought of one that would be sort of cool. (For someone else, I mean; mine's mine. :D )

Tender Apparition

Soft, kind, maybe even lovely; yet ghostly and... well, dead. :cool:

mormegil 08-28-2006 09:05 AM

Spice of Death

is one that seems to fit you, in my opinion.

(not to be taken in the negative as well :D )

Gil-Galad 08-28-2006 10:41 AM

wow, jenny hasn't even been here a year and she already gets hers

congrats

Feanor of the Peredhil 08-28-2006 11:01 AM

Congratulations, love. Very well deserved.

Thinlómien 08-29-2006 02:00 AM

Some members seem to be impossible... :rolleyes: :D Congrats!

ninja91 08-29-2006 07:13 AM

Thinlomien... you seem to really like... penguins.

Thinlómien 08-29-2006 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninja91
Thinlomien... you seem to really like... penguins.

Of course! :D It took you time to notice... ;) :)

Glirdan 08-29-2006 07:17 AM

Ooo!! So you went with that one did you? I like that one. Mind you, I liked a lot of the other ones, so.... :rolleyes:

Thinlómien 08-29-2006 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glirdan
Ooo!! So you went with that one did you? I like that one. Mind you, I liked a lot of the other ones, so.... :rolleyes:

Thank'ee, I like yours too... ;) :)

Volo 08-29-2006 07:21 AM

She sure does! Strange, but... kinda cute. Seems nice to have some bonus like that in life, I should start being a fan of something like that too, rye beer? :D

shieldmaiden4xsword 08-29-2006 02:07 PM

Ahhh....I need to find a good one when it's time.

Nogrod 08-29-2006 02:54 PM

Yeah. It's the greatest challenge I've met here so far... :rolleyes:

I've been thinking about in tune with Nienna (it might not show here in the BD, but you should see me watching a moving piece of film or reading a book - or just encountering others in RL in some situations).

Also as a Finn, I'm understandably quite taken with the story of Túrin (Kullervo in Finnish Kalevala) as a picture of a Finnish male... :)

Any suggestions are warmly welcomed!

Valier 08-29-2006 02:56 PM

Oh Nogrod that one is just great!! I vote you use that one....(as if there were a vote) :D

shieldmaiden4xsword 08-29-2006 02:59 PM

Yep, Nogrod, I like that!!! :D

Valier 08-29-2006 03:18 PM

I for one would have a hard time picking a title. As most members have noticed I like to change everything from my sig, to avy, to location... ;) I can't imagine having to pick just one..

JennyHallu 08-29-2006 03:34 PM

Watch this space...I finally picked.

Celuien 08-29-2006 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyHallu

Can't wait to see it. :)

Gil-Galad 08-29-2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyHallu

Its Gil-Galad Fangirl isn't it?

Thinlómien 08-30-2006 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volo
Seems nice to have some bonus like that in life, I should start being a fan of something like that too, rye beer?

Don't you have it already? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nogrod
(it might not show here in the BD, but you should see me watching a moving piece of film or reading a book - or just encountering others in RL in some situations).

Making music, for one? :) (But, in that case, I'm not sure if "in tune" is suitable... ;))

Orominuialwen 08-30-2006 04:01 PM

Oh my, I haven't been following this thread! I just noticed someone's PT (I've already forgotten who) and headed over here to check it out. Congratulations to all those who have gotten or are in the process of getting PTs! I suppose it's a good thing I haven't received one of the PMs, since I have absolutely no idea what I'd pick.

shieldmaiden4xsword 08-30-2006 04:07 PM

I've got a few ideas since yesterday.....

Alcarillo 08-31-2006 09:30 PM

Time to show off my new PT...

So, what do you all think?

Gil-Galad 08-31-2006 10:17 PM

Nice, very well set for the Downs

Arathul 09-01-2006 01:30 AM

Vedui, il'er! amin Arathul. Saesa omentien il'er. ;)

JennyHallu 09-01-2006 08:00 AM

I've finally got mine! What do y'all think?

*primps like a little girl with shiny new dress-shoes*

Glirdan 09-01-2006 08:04 AM

Those are great guys!

Now to show off mine (even though I've had mine for about a week now :rolleyes: ).