The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The *new* Barrow Downs photo page! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=11909)

Legate of Amon Lanc 10-26-2016 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen (Post 705445)
But am I the only person who sees him like that?

Yes, he seems like an absolutely normal non-antipode to me, too. That said, very cool impression, Inzil.

Galadriel55 10-26-2016 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen (Post 705445)
But am I the only person who sees him like that?

Seems you're the only one gifted with the ability to detect antipodes. ;)

Mithalwen 10-26-2016 09:06 AM

My mother always said I was special.....

But how bizarre.

Inziladun 10-26-2016 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc (Post 705446)
Yes, he seems like an absolutely normal non-antipode to me, too. That said, very cool impression, Inzil.

Thanks, man. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen (Post 705451)
My mother always said I was special.....

But how bizarre.

No, I know what's going on. Mith, since only you see the difference, you must return to your universe! :D

Mithalwen 10-26-2016 12:10 PM

Meep...well so long and thanks for all the fish....

Pitchwife 10-26-2016 01:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 705432)
It occurred to me that the only pic of me here is a few years old.

Here's a current one for the (morbidly) curious: taken during my surgical convalescence after being off work over a week. :eek:

Very handsome, and a bit dangerous-looking!

TGEW
, you should consider handing out insulin with those pictures - the two of you are just too sweet together! Impressive backdrop too.

Here's a recent one of me, documenting a serendipitous encounter with a representative of the order Lepidoptera.

Galadriel55 10-26-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitchwife (Post 705455)
Here's a recent one of me, documenting a serendipitous encounter with a representative of the order Lepidoptera.

Still got the archaeologist/historian look, but the Lepidoptera makes you look like an entomologist. I got it - that picture belongs in a time travel scifi film that's a mix of Indiana Jones and early Darwinism! :D It's awesome!

TheGreatElvenWarrior 10-28-2016 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galadriel55 (Post 705443)
You two really look alike, you know. Not everything, but something about your eyes and noses. It's uncanny. :D It's a lovely picture. :)

Meanwhile, I don't think I've changed at all since I posted pictures up, except my hair got a bit straighter.

Haha, I guess it must be the noses. I am taller than the boy, though. You must notice that. I have to point it out at every convenient moment. :p

HerenIstarion 12-06-2016 01:39 AM

Hell (Mordor, I mean), it's been ages

I do look young there on the first page, I'm no longer :sigh:

Inziladun 12-06-2016 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HerenIstarion (Post 706049)
Hell (Mordor, I mean), it's been ages

I do look young there on the first page, I'm no longer :sigh:

Indeed, for those of us who have not the fate of the Elves.

You could always update your pic, though. I'll bet the ravages of Time are not as severe as you might fear. ;)

Aganzir 09-25-2018 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 705432)
It occurred to me that the only pic of me here is a few years old.

Here's a current one for the (morbidly) curious: taken during my surgical convalescence after being off work over a week. :eek:

Looking good, twin!

Inziladun 09-25-2018 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 712541)
Looking good, twin!

Thanks! Where's a new one of you? :p

Aganzir 09-25-2018 06:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 712549)
Thanks! Where's a new one of you? :p

Here! Since all that I have on my phone are rather bad selfies with (breaking news) my dog, you'll get (drumroll) a wedding picture! :D

Galadriel55 09-25-2018 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 712551)
Here! Since all that I have on my phone are rather bad selfies with (breaking news) my dog, you'll get (drumroll) a wedding picture! :D

You look lovely darling. :D

(Congratulations!!! That's fabulous news!)

Inziladun 09-25-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 712551)

Very nice, for a joyous occasion! :)

Kuruharan 09-25-2018 10:19 PM

Holy cow! Agan is back! :D

Aganzir 09-26-2018 02:00 AM

Thank you! :) Yes I am indeed back, and intend to stay! *knock on wood*

Kuruharan 09-29-2018 05:07 PM

Hooray!

Sadly, we seem to have become a bit more Entish around here.

Or maybe it is just me.

Inziladun 09-30-2018 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuruharan (Post 712626)
Sadly, we seem to have become a bit more Entish around here.

I beg to differ! More Entishness is what we need. Too many treeish Huorns! ;)

Kuruharan 09-30-2018 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 712630)
I beg to differ! More Entishness is what we need. Too many treeish Huorns! ;)

Touché.

Snowdog 05-23-2022 06:45 PM

Twenty Years Gone...

Being it is Tigerlily Gamgee's birthday, it got me to looking at this thread she created. I guess I was surprised that the photo page still worked. Twenty years ago when that pic of me was taken, I had hair ... long hair ... still flew my 1970's freak flag even though it was getting a bit sparse on top. The greybearding was well underway, and it was a totally different life back then.

Now, I give myself a #1 buzzcut every six weeks, and the greybearding has progressed to whitebeard. I have a different wife who I love very much, I live on a different continent, and Life is Good!

Rune Son of Bjarne 05-25-2022 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowdog (Post 734905)
Being it is Tigerlily Gamgee's birthday, it got me to looking at this thread she created. I guess I was surprised that the photo page still worked. Twenty years ago when that pic of me was taken, I had hair ... long hair ... still flew my 1970's freak flag even though it was getting a bit sparse on top. The greybearding was well underway, and it was a totally different life back then.

Now, I give myself a #1 buzzcut every six weeks, and the greybearding has progressed to whitebeard. I have a different wife who I love very much, I live on a different continent, and Life is Good!

In our minds you are forewver greybearded and with luscious locks. :cool:

Snowdog 09-06-2022 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne (Post 734911)
In our minds you are forever greybearded and with luscious locks. :cool:

Aren't you the kind one! :D

I sheared myself in 2007 when I moved to (to me) tropical Brisbane. Fifteen years on and I have recalibrated my climatization some.

Boromir88 09-08-2022 04:49 PM

Since it’s been several years and the last photos I put here seem to no longer exist, except in some wibbly-wobbly internet dead zone. Here’s a new one with my sister-son. Can’t believe he’ll be turning 3 in a few weeks. You can’t tell him any secrets either, he randomly shouted out a convo from about a month ago telling everyone I liked coffee. :p

https://i.imgur.com/021qDvb.jpg

Galadriel55 09-12-2022 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boromir88 (Post 735773)
Since it’s been several years and the last photos I put here seem to no longer exist, except in some wibbly-wobbly internet dead zone. Here’s a new one with my sister-son. Can’t believe he’ll be turning 3 in a few weeks. You can’t tell him any secrets either, he randomly shouted out a convo from about a month ago telling everyone I liked coffee. :p

https://i.imgur.com/021qDvb.jpg

You guys are adorable. :)