The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Different 'Downer for a Day (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=10729)

Sirithheruwen 05-25-2004 03:39 PM

Different 'Downer for a Day

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I didn't find anything when I searched for this topic.

If you cuold switch places with any Barrowdowner on this forum, who would you change places with? Why?

I'd like to switch with the esteemed Mr. B-W, just to see what goes on in his (terribly intelligent) mind. ;) :p

I shall now turn this thread over to the rest of our online community, and see what everyone else has to say!

Toodles! :)

The Only Real Estel 05-27-2004 11:14 AM

I'd probably switch with Thenamir, do something moding in the chat room & the forums, but best of all, sell the swords ;).

HerenIstarion 05-27-2004 11:28 AM

BW, to have the means of changing background colour to really sinister pink, with horrific blue letters and baneful lilac for framing boxes around posts, to bring the forum in accordance with true malevolent spirit of mother-of-pearl robed King of Angmar, mwa-ha-ha etc.

PS this thread will find itself moved to Mirth real soon :)

mark12_30 05-27-2004 11:43 AM

Hey. I like mother-of-pearl, and so did Tolkien. The Cottage of Lost Play was made from Seashells. I rest my case.

I think I'd choose one of the bloodiest hack&whack RPG players, and turn their bloodiest brawniest character into a lovesick moonstruck poet who does knitting and embroidery in his spare time.

Maeggaladiel 05-27-2004 12:56 PM

I'd turn into Pio and set the Shire into a state of utter chaos. "War in the Green Dragon!" "C U Latr!" "All dialogue, no descriptive language!!"

Mua ha ha!
~Maeg

Fordim Hedgethistle 05-27-2004 01:22 PM

I, also, would wish to be Pio -- just so I could approve all the most outlandish and totally non-canonical RPGs anyone could ever want.

Star Wars, Episode Nine: The Revenge of the Balrogs

Hobbits: The Musical

LotR alternate ending -- Sauron Wins

[*insert evil chuckle here*]

EDIT -- oh dear, oh dear: I suppose I would have to be both Pio and Child to approve my RPGs

Beren87 05-27-2004 07:28 PM

Our neighbourhood Archer (of the Aman variety), just to see what goes on in her mind. ;)

Oh, and to be across the lake, that too.

Mad Baggins 05-27-2004 07:36 PM

Saucepan Man! I would let the threads go on and on. Twenty pages, anyone?

Orominuialwen 05-27-2004 08:43 PM

You know you're obsessed with LotR when... Part 3 went on for very nearly 20 pages before it was closed, so it does happen sometimes. ;)

HerenIstarion 05-27-2004 11:16 PM

in good ole' ezdays...

H-I scratches in his rocker chair, pulls the tartan higher to cover his chest, and starts mumbling:

Oh, we had proper threads in my day, yes, sir, proper threads, no longer than 100 posts each, yes, ezboard did it, not the lenghty bagatelle you youngsters land yourselves in, no, sir!

Lhunardawen 05-28-2004 01:17 AM

Being The Saucepan Man for a day would be fun...and maybe mind-numbing... :)

Mad Baggins 05-28-2004 04:03 PM

I'm being lectured at the Barrow-Downs. My worst nightmare.

;)

Lush 05-28-2004 10:33 PM

I'd turn into Squatter, so that he'll finally be forced into accepting the marriage proposal.

Into Thenamir, so that I can turn his avatar into a picture of Karl Marx.

Into Mithadan, so that I can have him run amock, cornering terrified newbies in between taking swigs of whiskey and seriously testing the auto-censor's patience.

Diamond18 05-28-2004 10:38 PM

I'd be Lush, because blondes have more fun.

HerenIstarion 05-29-2004 02:24 AM

To be Squatter and Rimbaud would be great, as both exhibit astounding mastery of language. I would I write like them :)

ArwenBaggins 05-29-2004 12:06 PM

Heh, I'd like to be Bęthberry. Letting all of those inexperienced newbies into the White Horse Inn with two sentence, all dialogue posts... heh. :D

Or burra, to scare myself (or would I say ArwenBaggins?) :p Just kidding burra.

~Fëa

Aylwen Dreamsong 05-29-2004 12:13 PM

Quote:

Heh, I'd like to be Bęthberry. Letting all of those inexperienced newbies into the White Horse Inn with two sentence, all dialogue posts... heh.
Oh, dear.

;)

Although, I wouldn't mind switching places with Bęthberry either, or Aman. But then, I think I like the Barrow-Downer I am now...

-Aylwen

Mad Baggins 05-29-2004 04:30 PM

In a more serious post, I would like to be lindil. Amazing work in the Revised Silmarillion project.

Kransha 05-29-2004 08:42 PM

It appears that most downers who I would want to be are actually female, while I am, for those of you who haven't figured out yet, am male. Well, here goes regardless.

The Saucepan Man: Purely so I could post 1-liners riddled with netspeak in the 'Canonicity' Thread and watch, with perverse amusement, the bewildered reactions.
Aman (teh archer, forsooth): So I could create the most cliched, monstrously stereotypical RPG characters in existence, the polar opposites of the ones she is actually known for, thus wreaking terrible havoc upon most of everything!
Child of the 7th Age and pio: So that I could do, as mentioned above, evil things, and be totally immune. Allow all manner of creature into the Shire's RPGs until every game is pockmarked by fairies, demigods, and jedi (no offense to Miss Eowyn Skywalker over there).
Squatter: I admit I have not encountered too many posts by Rimbaud, but many by Squatter, and I would love to feel his linquistic mastery flowing in my online veins. Ah, the feeling of power...For knowledge is power.
Fordim: Purely because I want to teach Shakespeare! Fie on you, Fordim Hedgesthistle! A plague on both your houses for being who thou art!

Wait, who has an avatar of Karl Marx? Did I miss something here? As a ruske born and bred, I have a right to know these things! Hoom, hum, naz'drovia...

Lhundulinwen 05-29-2004 08:46 PM

Well, I personally enjoy being me on the BD, part of the reason I joined, but if I had to trade with anyone....
Probably Saucepan, just because he is amazingly smart. OR maybe.... any of the RPG people, or the Quiz Room King (20 questions esp.) KnightNight. I just am not very good at RPGs or the last few quizes! Ah, well, we can't be good at everything. :cool: :D

Durelin 05-29-2004 09:28 PM

Fordim teaches Shakespeare? I knew I liked that guy! ;)

Quote:

But then, I think I like the Barrow-Downer I am now...
You are quite right, Aylwen! I'd love to be you so that I may give a series of my roleplaying characters names that begin with the same letter without being a copycat! There just can't be a poser Aylwen!

I would also love to be Aman, Bęthberry, Pio, Child, or Fordim, for reasons so many others have already stated.

But then there is Estelyn Telcontar and Legolas. They have the power to delete senseless posts and repetitive topics, and the mind to notice them!

There are so many other interesting minds out there, many roleplayers whose characters jump out of their words, many great Tolkienites whose minds are bursting with facts and philisophical theories, and many duly respected moderators. I would be any of them, but I think I'm not too bad off as myself. Wishing for more would be in vain! :D

Sirithheruwen 05-31-2004 08:13 AM

I'd like to be Estelyn Telcontar (sp?) just because she is at 1111 miles on the Walk to Rivendell. (By the way, congrats on that! :D )

HerenIstarion 05-31-2004 08:51 AM

Grey Man

Mithadan, for the look of it, and to learn after four years of burning curiosity as of why does he call himself Grey Man, if he is not, in fact, grey of hair, as he admitted somewhere I can not remember now :)

Ophelia 05-31-2004 03:25 PM

Hmmmm ... I have always wondered how it feels to be Ulmo if even just for a day , but still .... :p

Ophelia

Feanor of the Peredhil 05-31-2004 03:43 PM

I think it would be an interesting experience to be ANYONE different for a day, just as long as they were forced to live my life at the same time. I always wondered what other people would do in the same situations I go through. Anyhow... back to the point. I think it would be a laugh to be The Saucepan Man, simply so I could make a load of noise and not offend anyone, excepting those who are offended by the noise made by said saucepans. Being Lindil would also be interesting, because of his brains.

Fea

Crystal Heart 05-31-2004 04:05 PM

I have given this some thought and I would love to be Amanaduial the Archer. It would be so neat to "run an Inn" as it were. I think it would be so much fun messing with everyone. Running around and spilling drinks on people. Telling people that they are too drunk and then kicking them out. Starting sword fights and angering all of the hobbits. I would start a human, dward, elf, hobbit war right in the Inn and to top it off I'd "accidently" burn it down again.

No, really I would just love to see how the character she has created would react. That's mainly what I would love about being Amanaduial the Archer for a day. I wouldn't go crazy like I described above. But it is fun to think in such a way!

-Crystal Heart-

Alatariel Telemnar 06-05-2004 08:27 PM

I'd have to be Pio and turn the Shire into a wreck.

Quote:

Running around and spilling drinks on people. Telling people that they are too drunk and then kicking them out. Starting sword fights and angering all of the hobbits. I would start a human, dward, elf, hobbit war right in the Inn and to top it off I'd "accidently" burn it down again.
Just have to do that. *takes out lighter* :D ;)

And the B-W to see 'what goes on in his (terribly intelligent) mind' and mess around with the colours and stuf. (yes, stuf.)

and just about any moderator who yells at n00bs would be fun to be, too. Bwahaha. *insert evile smiley here*

The Squatter of Amon Rűdh 06-09-2004 09:16 AM

Brain swap

Let me see: our newest member here is Goober. I wouldn't mind swapping places for a day so that all of the threads would be new; particularly this one.

HerenIstarion 06-15-2004 07:38 AM

Tricksy Squatter :D

But there is a mighty thread you linked us to...

Orominuialwen 07-10-2004 08:42 PM

I'd love to switch places with Morgul Queen because it would be really fun to live in Wellington and know Richard Taylor. :D

Bęthberry 07-10-2004 09:09 PM

Quote:

Although, I wouldn't mind switching places with Bęthberry either, or Aman. But then, I think I like the Barrow-Downer I am now...
But Aylwen, you already have the White Horse... :D

Amanaduial the archer 07-11-2004 12:44 PM

Really?!

Crystal, Durelin, Kransha, Beren... Good lord, there are people who actually want to be me?! To be sure, I do declare you're all even crazier than I thought.

....but thank you :) I didn't realise I was quite as mysterious as it apparently seems... And Crystal, methinks you have given me some very interesting ideas for Aman should she ever decide to go evil....*wicked smile*

Eomer of the Rohirrim 07-11-2004 01:20 PM

I would like to be Squatter and Kransha so I could steal all their fantastical ideas for myself.

Elennar Starfire 07-27-2004 11:35 AM

I would probably be...um...Lush, I guess...or maybe Estelyn Telcontar, for the fun of being a mod.