The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Top Ten Signs You're Addicted to the Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5145)

Aganzir 04-15-2009 04:13 PM

I walked past an ice cream ad today. There was a text Let's fall in love! and a picture of the two ice creams they were advertising leaning on each other. Their names were Nogger and Berry Berry. I cracked up.

TheGreatElvenWarrior 04-17-2009 03:32 PM

You know you're addicted to the Barrow-Downs when you are plotting, so far in advance to ask your mum if you can send out more Christmas cards to Barrow-Downers this year. I would like to exchange cards with many BDers, but my mum gets a bit creeped out with people on the internet; so I must ask before I send. The one I got last year was very lovely.

Mum also gets antsy when I talk excessively about the BD, like in the car coming home from school, or in the supermarket, or walking down the road, or before bedtime. She now knows about Hookbill, Lommy, Aganzir, Volo, and many others because of my ramblings.

Legate of Amon Lanc 04-21-2009 12:21 PM

When you read the sign saying "Pizza Quick" as "Pizza Quack" :rolleyes: :cool:

Groin Redbeard 04-21-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc (Post 594148)
When you read the sign saying "Pizza Quick" as "Pizza Quack!:rolleyes::cool:

Speaking of pizza, a new pizza parlor has opened in our town called "Goomba's Pizza.":D

Legate of Amon Lanc 04-21-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard (Post 594150)
Speaking of pizza, a new pizza parlor has opened in our town called "Goomba's Pizza.":D

I hope you have already been there! :) It's your patriotic, err, Downeriotic, duty! ;)

Groin Redbeard 04-21-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc (Post 594153)
I hope you have already been there! :) It's your patriotic, err, Downeriotic, duty! ;)

Not to mention good for your stomach, their food is good!:D

Formendacil 04-29-2009 05:50 PM

Yup. Pretty sure I'm addicted when I'm reading this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
We're buddies.

... "were-buddies."

Although, in my defence, referring to were-ducklings and the sun in my eyes doesn't help.:p

Hookbill the Goomba 04-29-2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard (Post 594150)

That'll be my cousin, Sockbill the Goomba. I wouldn't recomend his Pizzas. They've got soap in them... At best.
;)

satansaloser2005 04-29-2009 09:55 PM

On facebook Kath has (or is tagged in or something) an album called something like "museums, phantom, and random crap". Enough said.

Kath 04-30-2009 10:24 AM

Hah! sally you wouldn't believe how long it just took me to remember which album that was. I was actually sat there thinking 'did I meet phantom and just forget about it .... oh wait, I was talking about the stage show!' :D

satansaloser2005 04-30-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kath (Post 595005)
Hah! sally you wouldn't believe how long it just took me to remember which album that was. I was actually sat there thinking 'did I meet phantom and just forget about it .... oh wait, I was talking about the stage show!'

Heh. Exactly, dear, exactly. ;)

I was in rehearsal yesterday and had a really weird Downs moment, but now I can't remember it. :(

In other news, I'm now in the habit of typing toDay, toNight, and toMorrow, instead of today, tonight, and tomorrow. Curses. :p

Enw 04-30-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 (Post 595008)
In other news, I'm now in the habit of typing toDay, toNight, and toMorrow, instead of today, tonight, and tomorrow. Curses.

That's normal, Sally. *pats* And it's the same for me, even though I haven't played WW for ages...:rolleyes:

satansaloser2005 05-01-2009 03:50 AM

So I'm writing my environmental literature paper and I'm talking about reasons for being 'green'. At some point I was about to say that being a little green is popular now, then I realized if I read that bit in class I'd collapse into a fit of giggles so I had to edit it. :p

Legate of Amon Lanc 05-07-2009 01:56 PM

I am not sure if this is a sign that I am addicted to the Downs... but my brother started to play the melody from Fungoltch and Shcmurt on guitar!

...and even worse, it seems like he is making a song based on it... :eek:

Enw 05-07-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc (Post 595848)
I am not sure if this is a sign that I am addicted to the Downs... but my brother started to play the melody from Fungoltch and Shcmurt on guitar!

That's amazing.

I'm sure Hooky will be proud... or worried! :p

satansaloser2005 05-07-2009 03:04 PM

Heh. Probably a bit of both.

When I was at the doctor's on Tuesday I saw a couple things that convinced me I need to either stop playing Werewolf or see a therapist. ;)

"Run(e) to fail. No PM necessary."

Also:

"Fire evacuation plan." I read it as "Fire(foot) execution plan."

Silleh, silleh, silleh.

Hookbill the Goomba 05-07-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Do you mean the 'theme tune' (i.e. ascending and descending notes) or the running music?

Legate of Amon Lanc 05-07-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba (Post 595880)
Do you mean the 'theme tune' (i.e. ascending and descending notes) or the running music?

Yes, that's how he started. Then (after a long time) he started to make variations of it and making a kind of song based on that. And then we watched the video and he started to play the opening music of it :D

TheGreatElvenWarrior 05-07-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

I've got that type of brother. Yesterday he drew a P and A. But not only did he draw a Phantom and Alien, but also was coming up with a whole cart-load of ideas for new ones, like he wants to write them.

But concerning myself, and Lauri. Someone at school was talking about something, and I think she said something like "lammy", Laurinque pipes up and says "Is that like Lommy?"

Thinlmien 05-08-2009 08:47 AM

Top Ten Signs You're Addicted to the Scarburg Meadhall

There's a firm called Maritim, and I always read its name as Matrim...

Rune Son of Bjarne 05-08-2009 12:18 PM

I was at a party last night where I met a girl from the Danish minority in northern Germany and her name was Mira. . .

I found my self constantly thinking of the downs when I heard somebody say her name.

Morsul the Dark 05-08-2009 04:12 PM

After 5 years...

After five years, you've lost contact with almost all your friends yet, you still know the downers

TheGreatElvenWarrior 05-08-2009 07:01 PM

I saw a thing to-day that read "Biomes of doom." I accidentally read it as "Runes of Doom."

wilwarin538 05-12-2009 03:40 PM

Today, rather then spending some much needed time on my homework, I sat reading back threw old Mirth threads from when I was first a member of the Downs. I cannot believe how easy it is to lose hours on here. :rolleyes:

Enw 05-12-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilwarin538 (Post 596392)
Today, rather then spending some much needed time on my homework, I sat reading back threw old Mirth threads from when I was first a member of the Downs. I cannot believe how easy it is to lose hours on here.

Have done that many times.

Also, when you laugh at the word "beef" (I blame you, Hookbill)

TheGreatElvenWarrior 05-12-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enw (Post 596398)

Also, when you laugh at the word "beef" (I blame you, Hookbill)

Or whenever you think of the word 'beef', you think of Alien.

Rune Son of Bjarne 05-13-2009 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior (Post 596413)

You should be thinking of me!

It looks like the money I spent on adverts was a complete waste!

Hookbill the Goomba 05-13-2009 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior (Post 596413)

This is so much more appropriate than you know. :D

Legate of Amon Lanc 05-17-2009 03:27 PM

Okay, I wonder what does it say if one goes listening to the main theme from the movie "Alien" and also to another song named "Phantom" - well that would be okay just by itself, but I actually then played both the songs in reverse, just so that I can say I have been listening to "Schmurt" and "Fungoltch"!!!

TheGreatElvenWarrior 05-17-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba (Post 596441)
This is so much more appropriate than you know. :D

Oh dear...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne (Post 596437)
You should be thinking of me!

It looks like the money I spent on adverts was a complete waste!

Apparently it was.

My brother asked me about two days ago if he could be a member of the BD! This probably means that I talk about this website more than I should!
I told him that he needed to read TH and LotR first.

Enw 05-26-2009 04:45 PM

When you watch Britain's Got Talent for once (I happened to be quite bored at this moment), and you see an act called The Barrow Boys... need I say more? ;)

Morsul the Dark 05-26-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enw (Post 598375)
When you watch Britain's Got Talent for once (I happened to be quite bored at this moment), and you see an act called The Barrow Boys... need I say more? ;)

or when you see susan boyle realize there are dwarf women and you feel the need to discuss it in excrutiating length.... sorry to boyle fans:smokin:

TheGreatElvenWarrior 06-03-2009 01:52 PM

When you have "Important business" on the computer, and this business happens to be checking the Barrow-Downs. It was important though. I need to check to see if Paper Telephone has come my way yet.

Legate of Amon Lanc 06-05-2009 05:32 AM

When you are going to the elections and amusing yourself with the idea of writing on the ballots "++ ..."

Legate of Amon Lanc 06-12-2009 04:17 PM

And also - well, okay, I don't think that's a sign of addiction... aiieee, okay, of course it is! (So is it so bad with me that I am even denying it? Great!) Well, today I was reading a book for my exams and I must say I was quite pleased by the book's referrence to one theory: "according to Gordis..." :)

Morsul the Dark 06-13-2009 07:11 PM

you know why my avatar is a cookie:smokin:

TheGreatElvenWarrior 06-28-2009 09:23 PM

I don't know if this counts as addiction but...
I noticed, very stupidly of me, that a thread must be very popular to be able to stay afloat in the Mirth forum!

Morsul the Dark 06-29-2009 05:45 AM

I agree try reviving one you like... sometimes it works...

EDIT: I'd also like to say you know you're addicted when you check back every 5 minutes to see if anything new has happened

TheGreatElvenWarrior 06-29-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark (Post 602037)
EDIT: I'd also like to say you know you're addicted when you check back every 5 minutes to see if anything new has happened

Wait, isn't that normal?

Morsul the Dark 06-29-2009 07:30 PM

It is, so is checking the "Who's Online" feature:cool: