The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   other movie scenes in LOTR (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5544)

Taure Leafsilver 10-04-2002 03:19 PM

other movie scenes in LOTR

lets try taking famous movie sceanes and put LOTR chariters in the example:
((when the hobbits start traveling with aragorn before weathetop))
Pip: HEY! aragorn,frodo! watch this *he motions to sam and merry*
SAm Merry Pip:MAHA! MAHHa! BBBRRRR!MAHA! DO A SPLIT TWIST AND YELL RUN REAL FAST TO RIVENDELL!*the do a 3 stooges rutene*
Frodo:AHHAHAHAHAHHA!!!
Aragorn: Guys, be cool.
*sam pip ,merry stike "cool" poses

that's from Grease!

Elenna 10-04-2002 03:30 PM

Gatekeeper: Stop! You who would cross the Doors of Durin must answer me these questions three! WHAT is your name?

Gandalf: Gandalf, Mithrandir, Olorin...

Gatekeeper:WHAT is your quest?

Gandalf: To destroy the One Ring!

Gatekeeper: WHAT is your favorite color?

Gandalf: Gray! No, white! AAAAAAHHHHHH!

Diamond18 10-04-2002 08:29 PM

Haha! Monty Python, right? Love that scene!

Here's one from True Grit (not exactly scene for scene, but all I can think of at the moment):

Frodo (to Strider): "They tell me you're a man with true grit...I want a man with grit to help me destroy the ring and hunt down Tom Sauron, that nasty cur that killed a lotta people's fathers."

Strider: "That so, eh? Well, me and General Price here-" pats sword "-will think it over after a pint of genuine rectified busthead, aged in a keg. Want a drink?"

Frodo: "I will not put a thief in my mouth to steal my brains."

Strider: "Looks like your friends over there did, though."

He points to Pippin, Sam and Merry with Butterbur.

Butterbur: "Would you like some chicken and dumplings?"

Sam: "Might as well, though I can't see twenty-five cents in a little flour and grease."

Merry: "Careful of that, it'll hurt your eyes."

Sam: "Why?"

Merry: "Lookin' for the chicken!"

Butterbur: "Impudent bastards."

Pippin: "Baggins? Sure I know a Baggins!"

Strider: "Looks like you should go do something, Baby Sister."

Frodo, "What the...? I'm not a girl!!!"

Tigerlily Gamgee 10-05-2002 12:51 AM

How's about some Birdcage (sorry Lego-lovers, no offence or implications are meant)...

Scene: Legolas and Aragorn are sitting under a tree while the rest of the Fellowship rests...

Aragorn: No! Legolas, you're not doing it right...
Legolas: What do you mean?
Aragorn: Real men smeeeeaaarrrrr...
Legolas: ?
Aragorn: Give that to me (takes butter, bread, and knife)... look... see... real men smmmeeeaaarrr the butter... you've got to smeeaaarrrr...

It's late, what do you want from me [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Rose Cotton 10-05-2002 06:09 AM

HAHA!! The Birdcage was so funny!

Elenna 10-05-2002 02:14 PM

Ummm, so now we're considering Legolas a real man?

Eruwen 10-05-2002 03:21 PM

{Frodo is looking into the mirror of Galadriel. He sees the eye of Sauron.}

Sauron: Frodo, I am your father.

Frodo: NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

{Sorry had to throw in a star wars somewhere}
--------------------------
And for the Harry Potter fans...

{An unnamed Dwarf puts on Gandalf's hat at the council of Elrond.}

Hat: Has a small temper. Go back to the mines!

{Gimli puts it on.}

Hat: Go with the Fellowship!!!

{An Elf puts it one.}

Hat: Not girly enough. To Mirkwood.

{Legolas puts it on.}

Hat: Yes! Perfect! You are part of the Fellowship as well!!

{This was not ment in any way to offend the Legolas or Gimli fans here. I just needed someone so I chose them.}
------------------------------
And yes, I know, they are not funny. But it is all I could think of.

Elven Mistress 10-05-2002 07:33 PM

Evolution - Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas are near the place where they meet the Riders of Rohan, trying to shoot a ring wraith, flying around on his horse with a girl in his hands. Legolas produces a microphone...

Legolas (singing): You are so beautiful! To me!

Gimli (flatly): please stop, you're embarrasing me.

Legolas continues with song

Ring Wraith turns and starts screeching, coming right at Legolas

Gimli (surprised): it's working! Rub some funk on it!

--it wasn't that funny, but i love that movie!-- and sorry that it isn't really FOTR - it's more TT....yeah.....

Tigerlily Gamgee 10-06-2002 12:45 AM

Quote:

Ummm, so now we're considering Legolas a real man?
It was a joke... ha, ha... funny...

Diamond18 10-06-2002 12:40 PM

Here's a couple from "Young Frankenstein":

1: Can't you just picture Saruman and Lurtz dressed in tuxedos and performing, "Puttin' on the Ritz"?

2:
Samwise: "It's times like this I remember what my old Gaffer used to say."

Frodo: "What was that?"

Samwise: "'What the heck are you doing in the bathroom all day and night? Why don't you get out of there and give someone else a chance?!'"

Diamond18 10-07-2002 05:41 PM

I was watching Toy Story 2 for the, I dunno, twelfth time, and so here are some ideas from both TS 1 & 2...

After Aragorn hides the Four Hobbits from the Nazgûl in Bree, they mob him and say in perfect unison:
"You have saved our lives! We are eternally grateful!"

Aragorn: "Will you just leave me alone?!!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outside the gate of Moria:
Pippin: "How do we get inside?"

Gandalf: "Use your head!"

Pippin: "But I don't want to use my head!"

The Fellowship picks Pippin up and rams his head into the gate. (Actually, Gandalf did suggest this in the book *shudder*).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gandalf, as he is pulled down by the Balrog's whip: "I can fly!"

Aragorn: "That isn't flying! That was falling with style!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Lothlorien, Frodo asks Galadriel for some parting words of wisdom. Galadriel replies: "You are a sad, strange little man. You have my pity. Farewell."

bragolheledion 10-15-2002 02:58 AM

lol just imagine this when frodo and samwise reach mt. doom they say the scene from shrek where shrek and the donkey reach the volcanoe with the castle.

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh 10-15-2002 06:18 AM

Imagine the following bit from Kelly's Heroes in the Prancing Pony:

Butterbur: Anything else you need?
Aragorn (emerging from the shadows, looking suspiciously like Donald Sutherland): You could probably use some armour.

Or this meeting of two classics:

Sam (indicating the Ring) What's this?
Frodo The ah stuff that dreams are made of.

Bêthberry 10-15-2002 06:54 AM

Squatter,

And when Frodo asked Aragorn/ Sutherland what he was doing, Aragorn/ Sutherland would reply, "Catching a few rays."

And here's one for Gollem, "What hand is this I see before me?"

Bb

[ October 15, 2002: Message edited by: Bethberry ]

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh 10-15-2002 09:28 AM

Now, you see, a whole sub-thread of Oddball references has been born:

Aragorn: Tonight's no good, man. Me and the boys have got something special lined up.

Gandalf: Are you crazy? What could be more important than destroying the One Ring?

Aragorn: You come round tonight, Mithrandir, and we'll show you.

Rimbaud 10-15-2002 10:38 AM

I anticipate no-one getting this.

Uglúk [standing up]: I wouldn't drink that if I were you.

Merry [unplugging the can's teat with his teeth]: Why not?

Uglúk : Because I don't advise it. Even the Northern Orcs from the hills wouldn't drink that. That's worse than meths.

Merry: Nonsense, this is a far superior drink to meths. The Northern Orcs don't drink it because they can't afford it.

*He throws his head back and pours the druaght down his throat. Gagging and gasping, he's on a buzz. *

Merry: Have we got anymore?

*Uglúk shakes his head. Merry, eyes bulging, presses forward, forcing Uglúk to back off.*

Merry: Liar. What's in your toolbox?

Uglúk : We have nothing. Sit down.

Merry: Liar. You've got anti-freeze.

Uglúk : You fool. You should never mix your drinks!

Anastasia 10-15-2002 02:55 PM

Nazgul is flying along on his bird thing. Suddenly smth falls from the sky and lands on the bird behind him. A weird automatic voice from inside the bird starts speaking.
*Automatic Voice* You've just had an accident
*Nazgul* Yes I know I've just had an accident*
*Automatic Voice* You have one point left on your license.
*Nazgul* Thank you for reminding me.
He turns around.
*Nazgul* Any survivors?

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh 10-16-2002 08:59 AM

Quote:

I anticipate no-one getting this.
That's where you're wrong, although the idea of Richard E. Grant as Merry is peculiar to say the least.

Merry What's that? Soup? How come I don't get soup?

Pippin It's coffee

Merry Well why don't you drink it out of a cup like any normal human being?

Pippin Why don't you wash up once in a while like any normal human being?

Or there's this cult tie-in:
Sauron I corrupted the first rings in this damn' city. Before I knew it every punk fallen Ainu was starting to imitate me. Do you know what they've got now? Fall of Númenor greeting cards. Isn't that precious?

Ya see, that's what's been bothering me, boys: the idea has become the institution. Time to move on.

Nazgul #1 You mean you don't want us to do Light My Fire time for the whole Shire?

Sauron I mean I want to create an evil so big that the Valar will notice us again! I want you Nazgûl to be able to look me in the eye one more time and say "Are we havin' fun or what?"! You? What's your name? Gollum? Do you feel that?

Gollum I feel like a little worm on a big hook.

Sauron (mimics) "I feel like a little worm on a big hook". Well, boy: your momma must be real proud of you.

Bêthberry 10-16-2002 10:27 AM

Bethberry trusts that Rimbaud will appreciate how she holds her tongue so he can savour the game. *nods*

Squatter, did that kitchen harbour any personal reminiscences for you? Much like your own was once? *holds sides in laughter while recalling scene*

[ October 16, 2002: Message edited by: Bethberry ]

Melichus 10-16-2002 11:25 AM

Fine, another Star Wars...

Boromir: Not with ten thousand men could you do this. Is is folly! The odds of reaching the Cracks of Doom are approximately one in--

Elrond: Never tell me the odds!

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh 10-16-2002 12:15 PM

You have no idea, Bethberry. No idea. Students? Give me rats any day.

How about:

Bill Ferny You talk funny, Strider. Where're you from?

Strider Lots of different places.

Rimbaud 10-16-2002 12:39 PM

Frodo, to Farmer Maggot : We're not from Hobbiton, you know!

Mlo 10-16-2002 12:42 PM

This is probably something that only people who have seen Moulin Rouge (or maybe you have to like it some too...) will understand, probably...

Voice: Gandalf the white, and his infamous girls. They called them, his "Diamond Balrogs".

ok, not so funny [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh 10-16-2002 02:13 PM

Pippin (to Butterbur): We want tea. And cake.

Or there's this, from a certain Western:

Gandalf (to Saruman): He who double-crosses me and leaves me alive; he knows nothing of Olórin.

Diamond18 10-16-2002 05:37 PM

For Shrek fans:

Aragorn: "Rangers are like onions."
Pippin: "They stink?"
Aragorn: "Yes. No."
Pippin: "Oh, they make you cry."
Aragorn: "No!"
Pippin: "Oh, you leave em out in the sun, they get all brown, start sproutin' little white hairs."
Aragorn: "NO! Layers! Onions have layers. Rangers have layers. Onions have layers. You get it? We both have layers."
*sighs*
Pippin: "Oh, you both have layers. Oh. You know, not everybody like onions."

~~~~~~~~~

Witch-King: "Come not between the Nazgûl and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."

Éowyn: "Wow, that was really scary and if you don't mind me saying, if that don't work, your breath will certainly get the job done, 'cause you definitely need some Tic Tacs or something 'cause your breath STINKS!"
(get it...Black Breath...*sigh*)

hobbitlass 10-16-2002 08:08 PM

Frodo looks into the Mirror of Galadriel.
The eye of Sauron appears.

Frodo,"Are YOU lookin' at ME?"

(Taxidriver)

Nevfeniel 10-16-2002 08:18 PM

Diamond18, your Shrek post inspired me:
Anyone: Can't we just settle this over a pint?
Pippin: It comes in pints?

I know, I know, I mixed Shrek and LotR together, but I just couldn't resist! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Or, when Gandalf the White shows up:
Gimli (whispering loudly): We thought you was a toad.
Gandalf: What?
Gimli (louder): We thought you was a toad!

From O Brother, Where Art Thou? I loved that part! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ October 16, 2002: Message edited by: Nevfeniel ]

Mlo 10-17-2002 10:53 AM

Ok, I've got one. (someone has probably already said this one a looong time ago or something... Hope I'm not repeating history..)

Frodo at The Dead Marshes
Frodo: I see dead people...

Nevfeniel 10-17-2002 05:34 PM

How 'bout some Die Hard?
Boromir: I'm going to count to three. There will be no four. Give me the ring!

Mlo 11-02-2002 07:25 AM

Hehehe... Some Birdcage again...

Val:Aragorn!
Armand: Spartacus!
Armand: Aragorn Spartacus!

OK, that was bad...... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ November 02, 2002: Message edited by: Mlo ]

Diamond18 11-03-2002 06:46 PM

Here's some from Gladiator:

At the Prancing Pony...
Samwise: "I'll have you, Longshanks!"
Aragorn: "You would fight me?"
Samwise: "Why not? Do you think I am afraid?"
Aragorn: "I think you've been afraid all your life."

Elrond: "Let us pretend that you are a loving daughter, and I am a good father."
Arwen: "This is a pleasant fiction, is it not?"

Gandalf: "You have a great name. Sauron must kill your name before he kills you."
Aragorn: "Ha! Let him! I've got plenty."

And finally:

Sauron: "It vexes me. I'm terribly vexed."

Thenamir 11-05-2002 04:11 PM

The sign over the door reads "Welcome to the Prancing Pony Inn and Bar." Gandalf, after deftly dis-arming (pun intended) a local troublemaker with his staff, slides into a booth in the dark smoky bar with a rowdy atmosphere and a passable band covering a popular tune in the background. Frodo and the other three hobbits slide in next to him. Already lounging in the booth across from them is Aragorn and Arwen.

Aragorn: Name's Aragorn, captain of the Milennium Rangers. Arwen here tells me you're in need of a guide to Mordor.

Gandalf: Yes, indeed...if it's a fast guide.

Aragorn: Fast guide? You've never heard of Aragorn the Ranger?

Gandalf (raising an eyebrow): Should I have?

Aragorn: I'm the Ranger that made the Fornost to Rivendell run in less than 12 leagues! (Gandalf looks askance, doubtful) I've outrun men on horseback -- not the local cart-nags, mind you, I'm talkin' 'bout the big Rohirrim horses now. (a beat passes) I'm fast enough for you old man. What's the cargo?

Gandalf: Only passengers. Myself, the Boyd, three other hobbits...and no questions asked.

Aragorn (grinning): What is it, some kind of local trouble?

Gandalf: Let's just say we'd like to avoid any Mordorian entanglements.

Aragorn: Well, that's the real trick isn't it? And it's going to cost you something extra. (another beat) The kingship of Arnor, all in advance.

Frodo (incredulous): All Arnor? We could hire our own eagle for that!

Aragorn: Yeah, but who's gonna fly it shorty? You?

Frodo: You bet I could! My Uncle Bilbo rode eagles before! Why, I...(Gandalf shushes him)

Gandalf: We can get you the Shire now, plus all Arnor and Gondor, once we reach Mordor.

Aragorn: All Arnor and Gondor? (Gandalf nods) OK, you guys got yourselves a guide. We'll leave as soon as you're in, Prancing Pony room 94. (Gandalf nods and he and the hobbits exit the booth and the bar. Aragorn and Arwen exchange meaningful glances.) All Gondor and Arnor! Those guys must really be desperate! With that kind of real estate your dad is sure to let us marry...

[ November 05, 2002: Message edited by: Thenamir ]

Thenamir 11-05-2002 04:21 PM

I have an auto for this on the chat, but for those who have not seen it, here it is, from the Matrix:

Agent Smith: "We've been watching you for some time, Mr. 'Baggins'. It seems you've been living *two* lives. The first life you live at Bag End behind a round green door, where you project a respectable image, eat six meals a day...and you help old Gamgee with his potatoes.

The other life you live in adventures, where you go by the questing alias 'Underhill'.

One of these lives has a future...and one of them does not.

Now we're willing to wipe the slate clean...give you a fresh start...if you'll just help us to find this one little item...The One Ring. Whatever you've heard about this ring is irrelevant...it is considered by the wise of Middle Earth to be the most dangerous object in existence. All you have to do is lead us to the Ring.

Frodo: Whoa. That sounds pretty good...but I have a better idea...how about I give Gollum my finger, and you give me my ride to elvenhome?

[ November 05, 2002: Message edited by: Thenamir ]

Telpefalsion99 11-05-2002 04:29 PM

Or what if when wormtongue snaps he runs up to Sauroman and says "Dodge this" (ala the matrix) and stabs him.

Yeah....

VanimaEdhel 11-05-2002 06:24 PM

Scene: Boromir is still alive when Aragorn finds him.
Boromir: Promise me...promise me that you will get out of this...and have lots of babies...and never let go...promise me Aragorn, you'll never let go...
Aragorn: *weeping and holding his hand* I'll never let go, Boromir, I'll never let go!

*Scene: Frodo, Sam, and Gollum are walking.
Gollum:For your information, there's a lot more to Smeagol than people think.
Sam: Example?
Gollum: Example?Okay...um...Smeagol's...are like onions.
Frodo: *Sniffs* They stink?
Gollum: Yes...No!
Sam: They make you cry?
Gollum: No!
Frodo: Ohhh...you mean when you leave them out in the sun, they get all brown, start sprouting' little white hairs.
Gollum: No! Layers! Onions have layers! Smeagol's have layers! Onions have layers. You get it? We both have layers. *Sighs*
Sam: Oh, you both have layers. Oh. You know, not everybody likes onions...Cake! Everybody loves cakes! Cakes have layers.
Gollum: I don't care... what everyone likes. Smeagol's are not like cakes.
*Pause*
Sam: You know what else everybody likes? Parfaits. Have you ever met a person, you say, "Let's get some parfait," they say, "Hell no, I don't like no parfait"? Parfaits are delicious.
Gollum: No! You dense, irritating, miniature human! Smeagol's are like onions! End of story. Bye-bye. See ya later.
*Pause*
Sam: Parfaits may be the most delicious thing on the whole damn planet.
Gollum: You know, I think I preferred your singing of completely irrelevant songs...
*Pause
Sam: Do you have a tissue or something? I'm making a mess. Just the word
parfait make me start slobbering...

EDIT: Okay, even though I did that from memory, I did check the "Shrek" part with a site: http://shrekscript.tripod.com/index/Shrek.htm (and I got it all right...scary...)

[ November 05, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]

Helkahothion 11-07-2002 09:00 AM

This one goes to the star wars fan witsh I will counter with Austin Powers 2

(Frodo looks into Galadriel's mirror)

Sauron :Frodo, I am your father.
Frodo:Really????!!!!!!!
Sauron :No I can't possibly back that up.
Frodo:Right.......... Silly
________
STARCRAFT II REPLAY

Mintyztwin 11-14-2002 06:26 PM

Frodo: "Aragorn, what about the O.R.C.S.'s?"
Aragorn: "Orcish Raiders Catering to Sauron? I don't believe they exist - ARG!"
~ The Princess Bride

Frodo: "Gandalf, why didn't you come to Bree?"

Gandalf: "Saruman turned me into a newt. . . . I got better."
~ Monty Python

Aragorn to Lurtz when they are fighting. "There's something you don't know. I'm not left handed."

Aragorn to himself about Sauron: "And then, I will say, my name is Aragorn. You killed my great-great-great-great-great (etc.) grandfather. Prepare to die."
~ Both from The Princess Bride!

Eruwen 11-14-2002 08:19 PM

A Spiderman one.......(oh no, I cannot believe I am about to mix these two movies.) [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[Frodo falls in the Prancing Pony at Bree. Sees the eye for the first time.]

Frodo: "Who are you?"

Eye: "You know who I am...."

Frodo: "I do?"

Eye: (pause) "Just your friendly neighborhood evil-eye of Sauron" (grabs a rope and starts swinging across Mt Doom) "Whoooooo hooooo!!"

Nimrothiel 11-20-2002 03:38 PM

The Star Wars cracks inspired me to do this one.

Bilbo when he first meets Gollum:

Gollum: Away put your weapon, harm you I will not.

Bilbo: Sorry, it's just that I'm lost and I didn't know if there was anything dangerous around here.

Gollum: Ah yes, dangerous can the unknown be. Yet why here are you?

Bilbo: I'm ah-looking for someone.

Gollum: Looking, are you? Found someone you have.

*does Yoda laugh*

Bilbo: Look, can you just show me the way out of here?

Gollum: No, no, complete training first you must.

Bilbo: Huh? What training? I just wanna get out of here!

Gollum: In too much of a hurry, you are. Show you nothing I will, if training do you not complete.

Bilbo: What kind of training?

Gollum: Catch fish, how to.

Bilbo: THAT'S your all-important training?!! How to catch fish?! Forget it, I'll find my own way out!

(Leaves, going the wrong way)

Gollum: Wait! Right way you are not going!

(No response)

Gollum: Come back must you, help you will I.

(Pause, sudden high, shrill shriek; silence)

Gollum (shakes head): Foolish were you, trained you should have. Lonely would I be, yet Precious I still have.

(Goes to hut, looks around)

Gollum: Lost it is! Precious lost I have!
Thief were you, foolish one! Thief, thief, you I hates! You I hates forever!!!

(Runs out of hut, jumps into boat and heads for shore, hears a funny noise, looks up to see Luke's X-Wing plummet down on him)

Gollum: Aarrgh!

(Luke gets out and looks around)

Luke: Artoo, I told you to make a left at Alderan!

Artoo: Bo-dee whip rrk rrk hmmm.

Mintyztwin 11-20-2002 08:36 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

That was good! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I'll look forward to more posts, Nimrothiel! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]