The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Movies (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Funniest Cast Ever! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=9124)

Airetauriel 02-26-2002 01:39 PM

Funniest Cast Ever!

Someone asked on the worst cast/best cast everyone could think of. <P>Well, I'm not saying this would be a good cast, but were LOTR ever to be made into a comedy.....this would be hilarious!<P>I just have to add that if you're not British, you might not have heard of some of these people, though most are worldwide...<P>Warning! Extensive list!!!<P>GANDALF - Dave Lee Travis<BR>FRODO - Johnny Vegas<BR>SAM - Tom Cruise<BR>ARAGORN - Dylan Moran (Bernard Black from Black Books)<BR>MERRY - Harry Enfield<BR>PIPPIN - Paul Whitehouse<BR>LEGOLAS - Graham Norton<BR>GIMLI - Billy Connolly<BR>BOROMIR - Jack Dee<P>ELROND - Tom Jones<BR>SARUMAN - Eddie Izzard<BR>BILBO - John Savident (Fred Elliot from Coronation Street)<BR>GALADRIEL - Kathy Burke<BR>CELEBORN - Michael Jackson<BR>SAURON - Kenneth Williams<BR>TOM BOMBADIL - Jonathon Ross<BR>GLORFINDEL - Antony Worrall Thompson<BR>ARWEN - Jo Brand<P>EOWYN - Victoria Wood<BR>EOMER - Alan Davies (Jonathan Creek)<BR>THEODEN - Jimmy Saville<BR>WORMTONGUE - Hugh Grant<BR>FARAMIR - Ken Stott (The Vice)<BR>DENETHOR - Jack Nicholson<P>GOLLUM - Morph<BR>TREEBEARD - Brian Blessed<BR>BALROG - Lassie<BR> <BR>THE LORD OF THE NAZGUL - Ali G<BR>BARLIMAN BUTTERBUR - James Gandolfini (Tony from the Sopranos) <BR>NOB - Minime<BR>ELLODAN + ELROHIR - Jim Davidson + John Virgo<BR>ERKENBRAND - David Hasselhoff<P><BR>That's all we could think of....but be sure to tell me what you think! Kenneth Williams as Sauron!!!! <P>Airetauriel

Tigerlily Gamgee 02-26-2002 04:47 PM

I don't know who a lot of those people are - I don't really remember names, though... I remember faces.<BR>Tom Cruise as Samwise??? I think I would vomit I am not particularly a fan of his, can ya tell?<BR>I think that Sean Connery would've been a funny Gandalf - but it would've been bad - I couldn't take him seriously. It's sooo hard to picture anyone else playing these parts

Enedhil 02-26-2002 05:04 PM

*snigger*<P>*shrieks* <P>*giggles*

Elven-Maiden 02-26-2002 05:13 PM

It sounds funny, from the names that I actually knew. I don't watch a lot of TV...

Maltagaerion 02-26-2002 05:19 PM

Didn't recognize a lot of those names either (and here I thought I was pretty good with actors names haha )<P>Wonder if we could work Ryan Stiles (Whose Line Is It Anyways, Drey Carey Show) in there somewhere.

Mereth'iel 02-26-2002 05:35 PM

I keep seeing Herve Villechaize as Frodo...<P>Da Ring! Da Ring!<P>(Sorry, I know the guy has passed away)

Elvenglass 02-26-2002 08:14 PM

Yes! Ryan Stiles! Colin Mockery too...no wait I got it! LotR improv!!! Ha ha ! <P>...rate me

Gayalondiel 02-27-2002 06:37 AM

LOL!! love them all, but especially...<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> GOLLUM - Morph<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>for those of you that weren't brought up on british tv, morph is this little plasticine guy who was on an art show before graduating to he own CBBC show. i think you have to know him to get it.<P>But Airetauriel, wow. Loved it!!

Maeglin 02-27-2002 12:37 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Originally posted by Tigerlily Gamgee:<BR><STRONG>I think that Sean Connery would've been a funny Gandalf - but it would've been bad - I couldn't take him seriously. It's sooo hard to picture anyone else playing these parts</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You know he might would have fit as Saruman. At least I would think so. <P>

the_master_of_puppets 02-27-2002 12:59 PM

hey, kewl cast idea! that would certainly b a comedy! luckily im a brit and know of all the ppls ur talkin about: i can just picture jack dee coming out with a sarkastic comment as boromir just as hes bein shot!!

Glenethor 02-27-2002 04:32 PM

Robin Williams as Tom Bombadil;<BR>Ringo Starr as Frodo (he's already been chased around for a ring, so he has experience);<BR>Chevy Chase as Barliman;<BR>Jack Nicholson as Saruman: "Heeee'res Saruman!"<BR>Madonna as Eowyn; she wouldn't take 'no' from Aragorn...<BR>Kevin Costner as Aragorn (with the same lack of accent as in 'Prince of Thieves in Tights', or whatever);<BR>Mr Burns as Sauron;<BR>Britney Spears as Galadriel;<BR>Mr Ed as Shadowfax;<BR>William Shatner as Gandalf;<BR>Steve Tyler as Elrond;<BR>The SCTV gang as the Nazgul;<BR>Danny DeVito as Gimli;<BR>David Lee Roth as Legolas;<BR>NSYNC as the 'House Band' in Bree; (with thanks to George Lucas for the idea)<BR>Mick Jagger as Gollum; he looks around 500 years old...<BR>Don Knotts as Sam;<BR>Billy Boyd as Pippin;<BR>Don Rickles as Denethor;<BR>Rhea Perlman as Rosie;<BR>Ted Nugent as Boromir;<BR>George Wendt as Bilbo;<BR>Elizabeth Taylor as Shelob;<P>

Mereth'iel 02-27-2002 04:47 PM

Jack Nicholson...Ted Nugent....ROFL<P>But then again, maybe Ted should be Legolas, as he loves to hunt with bows.

Daisy Sandybanks 02-27-2002 05:22 PM

Tom Cruise as Sam... ummm... no, sorry, but I still beleive that Sean Astin made a VERY good Sam... just my opinion though.<P>Robin Williams as Tom Bombadil<BR>Mr. Burns as Sauron<BR>Danny Devito as Gimli<P> LOL!*roles on ground laughing* Glenethor *wipes tears from face* *sigh* I love your cast of characters !!!!<BR> <p>[ February 27, 2002: Message edited by: Daisy Sandybanks ]

Elanor 03-01-2002 10:56 AM

LOL! I particlarly like the idea of Morph as Gollum and William Shatner as Gandalf. For the other Brits here, how about the cast of Eastenders in LotR?<P>Frodo: Martin Fowler<BR>Sam: Mark (very loyal)<BR>Pippin: Asif (always playing jokes)<BR>Merry: Billy Mitchell<P>Gandalf: Dr Legg (he had the eyebrows!)<BR>Aragorn: Steve Owen (handsome and dark)<BR>Boromir: Phil Mitchell<BR>Gimli: Mr Slater the taxi driver - can't remember his first name <BR>Legolas: Ian Beale<P>Faramir: Jamie Mitchell (related to Phil and very sweet)<BR>Eowyn: Sonia Jackson (feisty and outspoken)<BR>Eomer: Robbie Jackson (Sonia's brother)<BR>Theoden: Jim Branning<P>Bilbo: Terry Raymond<BR>Galadriel: Pat Evans<BR>Celeborn: Roy Evans<BR>Elrond: Barry Evans<BR>Arwen: Mel Owen (very glamorous)<P>Sauron: Nasty Nick Cotton<BR>Saruman: Trevor (the wife-beater)<BR>Lord of the Nazgul: Kat Slater<BR>Ringwraiths: Zoe Slater, <BR> Little Mo Slater, <BR> Lynn Slater, <BR> their nan Mo, <BR> Janine Butcher, <BR> Sharon Mitchell, <BR> Pauline Fowler, <BR> Peggy Mitchell.

Elvenglass 03-01-2002 04:10 PM

William Shatner! ROFL!!! *falls out of chair laughing* Mr. Burns... I love it ! I see a fanfic...Ha!

Gorothlammothiel 03-01-2002 04:26 PM

In reply to Tigerlily Gamgee (sorry it's a bit late ) but wasn't Sean Connery offered the part of Gandalf before Ian McKellen? I think he turned it down because he didn't want to work away from his family for so long, although it turned out to be longer than had been predicted any way so perhaps it's just as well.......

Glenethor 03-01-2002 05:31 PM

<B>A GREAT EYE! LIDLESS! WREATHED IN FLAME!</B> And out of it we hear: "Baggins, eh? <I>Excellent</I><BR> <P>Would that make Mr. Smithers the 'Mouth of Sauron?'<BR>

Maltaharma 03-04-2002 02:06 PM

And now I give you, the cast from he;;<P>Frodo: Li'l Bow Wow (even humanly possible??)<BR>Gandalf: Sean Connery<BR>Legolas: Leonardo DiCaprio<BR>Gimli: An oompa loompa<BR>Arwen: Madonna<BR>Galadriel: Britney Spears<BR>Aragorn: Mel Gibson

Daegwenn 03-04-2002 09:56 PM

Heath Ledger as Aragorn<BR>Nichole Kidman as Galadriel<BR>Juilliana Marglueisas (I cannot spell her name let alone say it...I just call her nurse Hathaway) as Arwen<BR>Rowen Atkinson as Ugluk (Have you seen how mean he can act in Black Adder?? He is positively fiendish!)<BR>Jim Carry as Wormtongue (I just can't stop thinking of how cool he was in The Grinch)<BR>Ewan Mcgregor as Eomer<BR>Leonardo DeCaprio as Gollum...they look remarkably alike.<P><BR>~~Daegwenn

Maikadilwen 03-09-2002 05:59 PM

I'll stick to most of Airetauriel's cast. I love the idea of Billy Conolly as Gimli. Though I really believe in Joanna Lumley as Galadriel and Jen Saunders as Arwen.

louise1583 03-15-2002 09:57 AM

Tom Cruise as Sam... nice one! Would give Sam a whole new persona "Heyyyy, Mr Frodo..." kinda thing. And Morph! Like that, very clever Airetauriel !

Gayahithwen 03-15-2002 02:36 PM

Just three words:<P><B>The Monty Python</B>

Shadowstrife911 08-29-2002 10:29 AM

Jack Nicholson as Saruman! "Here's.... SARUMAN!!!"<P> Imagine Tom Jones as Elrond, singing at the Rivendell Council ... "Its not unusual to be in love with the One ring!"<p>[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: Shadowstrife911 ]

*Varda* 08-29-2002 11:54 AM

Hehe...as a regular watcher of Eastenders *cringe*...the Eastenders one was quite funny! *sniggers at thought of Sonia as Eowyn...and I loved the idea of Billy Conolly as Gimli. Joanna Lumley would be hilarious in any part!

Rose Cotton 09-03-2002 08:10 AM

A Monty Python LotR would be hallarious!!<BR>Oh, I think i saw a made up script for that somewhere. I can't remember where it is though. It's set up like the Holy Grail. There's one part in Bree where Bill Ferney is walking around with a cart yelling "Bring out your Baggins!" It's great.<P><BR>I love "Who's Line is it Anyway?" Imagine Ryan Stiles as Gandalf. LOL!

Evenstar1 09-03-2002 09:41 PM

LOVE James Gandolfini as Butterbur! (Yo! Fr%&gn' Nazgul! You think you can come in here and wreck my Inn? I got your fr%&gn' <B>Hobbits</B> right here!<P>But Ryan Styles as Gwaihir (they always make him be an animal of some sort!) and Wayne Brady as Frodo!

Birdland 09-11-2002 01:11 AM

For some reason, at work tonight I started thinking that it would be great if Richard Lester had had a chance to make "Lord of the Rings". So in honor of one of my favorite directors, here is the cast of LoTR if Lester had got his hands on it. (Based on the cast of "The Three Musketeers".) <P>Frodo - Michael York<BR>Sam - Michael Gothard (Felton in "TTM")<BR>Oliver Reed - Boromir<BR>Saruman - Christopher Lee<BR>Faramir - Richard Chamberlain <BR>Galadriel - Faye Dunaway<BR>Gandalf - Charleston Heston<BR>Arwen - Geraldine Chaplin<BR>Rose Cotton - Raquel Welsh<BR>Aragorn - Simon Ward<BR>Wormtongue - Spike Milligan<P>Still haven't figured out who Jean-Pierre Cassel (Louis XIII) would play. <P>Some of these actors are kinda "iffy", but some of them would be dead-on LoTR characters.

Gorothlammothiel 09-13-2002 04:26 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Wormtongue - Spike Milligan <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Now that would be something to see. I can imagine the line where his mother asks where he has been all night and Wormtongue replies with his wit...

Naurlothwen 09-13-2002 08:36 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> CELEBORN - Michael Jackson <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>LOL!!!<BR>I could so see him an orc though!!!! (cuz of his face)

Liriodendron 09-13-2002 09:35 PM

I like David Lee Roth as Legolas! What a dork!<P>Johnny Depp as Frodo<BR>Robin Williams is definitely Tom Bombadil!<p>[ September 13, 2002: Message edited by: Liriodendron ]

Dimaldaeon 09-14-2002 05:06 AM

Billy Connelly as Gimli, Rowin Atkinson as Ugluk <BR>Now thatr would be brilliant.<BR>Does anyone remember the French and Saunders LOTR special? It was great.

DarkRose 09-14-2002 07:49 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Robin Williams is definitely Tom Bombadil!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>YES! That is just too perfect! I couldn't picture anyone better than Robin Williams playing ole' Bombadil. <P>What about this:<P><B>Frodo - Tobey McGuire</B> (from Spiderman)<P>They remind me of each other a little - Tobey and Elijah.<P><B>Saruman - Jack Black</B> <P>Lol now that would be funny. Couldn't you just picture Jack Black with an incredibly phony looking white beard glued on, dangling from his chin? <P><B>Gandalf - Jay Leno</B><P> I can so picture Jay Leno, talk-show host from the 'Tonight Show', straightening his hair and grinning. He would mutter about how he wanted to get revenge on David Letterman instead of Sauron. Lol.

elengil 09-14-2002 11:54 AM

I could see <P>Matthew Broderic as Frodo<P>John Cusack as maybe Pippin<P>Sting as Elrond <P>Enya as Galadriel and her sister as Arwen (after all Galadriel and Arwen *are* related) and since elves arent supposed to age, I imagine they could end up looking like sisters...<P>Mel Gibson as Aragorn (or even as Boromir since he does do death so nicely) <BR>I honestly cant picture Viggo as kingly. I can picture Mel as being a ranger *and* a King but not viggo.

Alatàriell 09-15-2002 12:01 PM

Johnny Vegas as Frodo? *criiiiinge*!<BR>I can almost imagine Bernard Black playing Aragorn - I thought he sounded a bit Irish when he said, "I swear to you, I will not let the White City fall" (or, "Hi swhear to you, Hi whill nhot leht the White City fahll") OK so I'm not very good at typing accents... you get the picture!