The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   PPC: Department of Training for the Department of Mary-Sue's (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5250)

Morgul Queen 11-06-2003 03:37 PM

PPC: Department of Training for the Department of Mary-Sue's

Alright, People. All hands up who have read about the wonderous PPC, if not, go here and they're under Protectors of the Plot Continuim. Everyone seems to be doing a tie in, so I thought 'Why not have a little fun, I'm sure some of the 'downies would like a chance to kill 'Sues' and everone I asked for a second opinion thought it was a great idea.

In these stories people are recruited and seem to go through a training thing, but there's no record of what goes on in it. Thats our cue, we are the PPC [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]oMS in training, and we're out to kill the 'sues, but first we gotta learn HOW!!!

Also, because Mr. BW would probably kill us, or rather, me, for using real MS stories, I'll ask the respective owners if we can use the Badfic on Miss Cam's site.

Know whats going on, Good!! Oh, yeah, when this is finished, with your permission of course, we can post it as a Fanfic. Yippie!!!

Lets go... Make up your own character and get them in the story. Try to pair and get partners too, because we're going to need them.

Yavanna228 11-06-2003 03:59 PM

Um...what?

Peace

Arwen1858 11-06-2003 04:06 PM

*hand shoots up in the air* I've read about the PPC!! About the first 8 stories or so. I'm going to read the rest later. Reading the badfic is almost like torture for me, though, because they butcher Tolkien's beautiful works!! They completely destroy the characters, the continuity, canon, and usually spell quite a few characters names wrong. But, I can force myself to go through it, as long as I lock Asfoloth(my mini-balrog) in the closet first. He's glaring at me now because I mentioned that.
Arwen

ElenCala Isil 11-06-2003 07:40 PM

Yes! I've read Miss Cam's PPC collection. I'd love to join in and help. Must destroy mary-sues..butcher good pieces..*mutters* Yes, Badfic is torture...eh, I'm sure Frod (my mini) would love to beat on the person who misspelt 'Frodo' heh..he likes to beat on sues at any opportune time.

Actually, I've thought a lot about this, even down to my character, partner, etc. So I'd love to see how this goes. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Lëowen 11-06-2003 07:46 PM

Ah, curse the 'Sues...they are an insult to good literature.
I've also read PPC, and if this idea is approved, I would love to join. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] I have a character already, and a partner.

Morgul Queen 11-08-2003 12:13 AM

I have a character sussed too, but my brain's run out of caffine so I'm out of idea's for the moment...who wants to start?!! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Estelyn Telcontar 11-08-2003 03:46 AM

For lessons from this site's top Mary Sue, you might enjoy reading Merisuwyniel's questing instructions to her shieldmaidening handmaiden, Pimpiowyn, to be found about halfway (date - July 31) down this page. Have fun!

Tinuviel of Denton 11-09-2003 07:01 PM

Ooh! I want to join, yes, indeed I do! Where will we put our characters? I have an idea for mine as well.

(Maegin, my mini, thinks this is a wonderful idea as well [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] )

Morgul Queen 11-09-2003 11:07 PM

Maybe we should make like the RPG's and use this as a discussion thread and then start a new one for the fic when we're ready for that.

Anyway. My character is...

Name: Hine (also known [by friends] as Honey)

Weapon of choice: Anything sharp and pointy...mostly swords and daggers.

Nationality: Kiwi

Lust Object/s: Daeron, Celeborn, Celebrimbror

Partner: Celebrimbror the Mini-balrog

Likes: Rugby, Dancing and Singing (usually the Haka), and sharp pointy objects, also likes painting even though she sucks at it.

Hates: The Australian sports team, Harry Potter, and stupid questions

Is addicted to: Coca-cola and Coffee. Chocolate also goes down a treat.

Fill out your own Character form....This should be fun [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Estelyn Telcontar 11-10-2003 01:24 AM

Sorry, folks, but this is not the RPG forum. If you wish to make an RPG of this idea, you'll have to talk it over with the Shire moderators or find a different possibility for hosting it.