The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Novices and Newcomers (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Am I the only one here who finds this picture of Frodo disturbing? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=3184)

Kithrčna Greenarrow Legolas 09-04-2002 02:19 PM

Am I the only one here who finds this picture of Frodo disturbing?

I was looking around the net last night for information on LOTR (Considering I'm new to it...I did find out that Legolas is 2,931 years-of-age)
And I found this picture: http://img-www.theonering.net/images/scrapbook/3641.jpg

Am I the only one here who is dusterbed by it?

LaurinaAinur 09-04-2002 02:30 PM

HEE HEE HEE HEE! I am DYING laughing. Cassandra Claire needs to see this. ROFL Where in Middle Earth did you find that pic?
I'm curious as to whether it's an outtake from the FotR, or if it's gonna be in the TT. Or, perhaps, it's not Elijah? Maybe some wannabe? I dunno...I have an (overly) active imagination. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Kithrčna Greenarrow Legolas 09-04-2002 02:38 PM

Somewhere in TheOneRing.net.
And from what I came to understand it, it was some sort of thing from a russain mag.

And I don't blame you for haveing a over active imagenation...This picture could make a persons imagenation run into overtime...

gollum*elf*pup 09-04-2002 02:42 PM

Gosh, I've seen that pic before. It's very ... um... scary. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Kithrčna Greenarrow Legolas 09-04-2002 02:48 PM

Scarry? That wassen't My reaction...But still a good one.

I just wonder what kind of soil thy used. Fertlizer or natural Earth...Whichever, he still looks good in dirt [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

PS:
Wow..I've been turned into a animated Skelletn!
(I've GOT to lern how to spell...)

[ September 04, 2002: Message edited by: Kithrčna Greenarrow Legolas ]

Arwen Imladris 09-04-2002 02:53 PM

Yes, that is disturbing. Scary. If you have not looked at it yet DON'T!!! I think that it is Elijah, but maybe it is not Frodo? His hair did not look long enough.

Frieda 09-04-2002 02:58 PM

I'm pretty sure that that's just plain Elijah, not him as Frodo.

And even though I like both Elijah and Frodo, I admit that that pic is a little disturbing. o_O; I don't know why he ever did whatever it is exactly that he's doing in that pic...

LaurinaAinur 09-04-2002 03:02 PM

Yep, I'd say it's just Elijah. They wouldn't let him take his clothes off in the FotR...*sniffles* Hee Hee.

ork _huntr 09-04-2002 03:18 PM

not bso much disturbing as perverted. that has a few dirty minds ( such as mine) working overtime.

Kithrčna Greenarrow Legolas 09-04-2002 03:29 PM

Gee..I didn't know this was going to offend anybody...

And one of the reasons I said Frodo is because I can't spell that young mans name right....And to Me it looked a little like him.

[ September 04, 2002: Message edited by: Kithrčna Greenarrow Legolas ]

LaurinaAinur 09-04-2002 03:37 PM

LOL...my dear girl, I don't think anyone's offended. Rather the opposite, eh folks? LOL *Nods along with ork_huntr*...that's why I mentioned Cassandra. Great minds think alike, what? I sure got a good laugh. Lata!

Kithrčna Greenarrow Legolas 09-04-2002 03:44 PM

*Wipes head witrh a tabble cloth adn rings it out*
Thanx LaurinaAinur. I allways have this constant fear of offending people, therefor, I'm allways on the defensive.

And yes, great minds DO think alike....OK, Perhpas My mind is simi-great [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Arie 09-04-2002 03:49 PM

What in the heck was that?-I sit supposed to be Elijah Wood or something?Did he get a mud bath? Akk that's a scary thought [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Kithrčna Greenarrow Legolas 09-04-2002 03:52 PM

LMAO!!!
Why would he go into a mudbath without a shirt on?

....Theres a simple answer to that...DRY CLEAN ONLY!

LaurinaAinur 09-04-2002 03:55 PM

Quote:

Day Four:

Wonder if it is time for Mr. Frodo to have another bath yet.

galadwen29 09-04-2002 03:58 PM

phwooooooooaaarrrrrrrr

phew! my god! whoever devised to take a pic of elijah in dirt is a genius!

i agree with LaurinaAinur!

[img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Kithrčna Greenarrow Legolas 09-04-2002 04:02 PM

OK, Ok. I forgot to mention one thing:

I'm selling papper towels to clean the drool off your keyboard with!

LOL, LaurinaAinur!!!

mark12_30 09-04-2002 05:05 PM

That's the second one like that I've seen. The first was attatched to an interview done in California near the desert, and the implication was that Wood had rolled in the dirt in the desert and then flopped onto his back, looking backwards at the camera (feet furthest from the camera in other words), for the shot. The smudging was different for that picture, the lighting was less murky, and his hair was a bit longer and curlier, but still not Frodo length.

I think it's just a photographers' method of getting those blue eyes to pop out of the picture at you.

This picture looks upside down to me. I think he's flat on his back, looking over his head at the camera. That would get the angle and the arch backwards.

Alaggaeriel 09-04-2002 05:16 PM

It seems kinda weird to me! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Alkanoonion 09-04-2002 05:24 PM

That picture looks like it is from the adventures of Huckleberry Fin.
[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

LaurinaAinur 09-04-2002 05:38 PM

Nah...it's from the Secret Diaries...lol
See my previous quote? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Durialion 09-04-2002 06:33 PM

That so freked me out. It is totally weird I hate it.*Shivers*

Midgardsormen 09-04-2002 06:49 PM

LOL! That is definitely Elijah and definitely not Frodo!! Look at the ears! They are human! Why he had a picture taken of him covered in dirt I do not know, but it is NOT from LOTR!

LeGoLaSz gUrL 09-04-2002 07:28 PM

Ack!! That's so scary........ [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Nevfeniel 09-04-2002 07:41 PM

*Looks at picture**Flinches**Immediately closes window.**Shivers*
Yeah, that about says it all.

Marileangorifurnimaluim 09-04-2002 09:49 PM

Hm. I like it. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

-Maril

Lady_Galadriel 09-04-2002 10:45 PM

Freaky... Creepy... Scary.... Hmmm.... Yes... Disturbing... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Morquesse 09-04-2002 11:01 PM

It is interseting what ideas you get from strange pictures, isn'it? One time I read an interview of M. Night Shyamalam, and it included pictures that made him look FREAKY! :eek : (and I have seen a live inerview of him, and he did not look scary there) And yes, that picture IS disturbing.
Quote:

Hm. I like it.
-Maril

Good! Then I dare you to print out that picture, enlarge it, put glow-in-the-dark paint over his eyes, and hange it where you could see it from your bed. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
~M

[ September 05, 2002: Message edited by: Morquesse ]

LaurinaAinur 09-04-2002 11:51 PM

*rofl @ Morquesse* Sure!
How 'bout I get it put on a T-shirt? Maybe I'd start somethin' new. HA HA HA

Kithrčna Greenarrow Legolas 09-05-2002 12:03 AM

I sowed the picture to a Chat-Room friend of Mine and she emideitly put it on as wallpaper.
Also had sevreal friends over as well, they asked for ME to E-mail it to them after resizeing it to thier screen resulition... I think its a hit among My crowed ^_^

Also, Marli don't have to do it...I ALLREADY DID IT!!! (And I don't have a night light either...) And I might also add that My printer did a photo quallity finish to it...Although, the photo paper might have had something to do with it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ September 05, 2002: Message edited by: Kithrčna Greenarrow Legolas ]

Elrian 09-05-2002 02:47 PM

He just didn't get caught setting off the fireworks like Merry and Pippin did! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
That was the age PJ gave to Legolas, in the books Tolkien gives no age or birthdate for him.

Merry Brandybuck 09-05-2002 03:00 PM

Good lord......I'm scared.

Kithrčna Greenarrow Legolas 09-05-2002 03:43 PM

Quote:

He just didn't get caught setting off the fireworks like Merry and Pippin did! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
What do you mean he didn't get cought settin' fireworks off?! Theres plenty of fireworks wizzing arounf this toppic! (If you get what I mean [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )

Well...Its the closest thing to an Age we have on the poor Elf then....

I don't get why these people are scarred of this picture. I found it rather dusterbing at first but I got over it....*Shrugs* Oh well...I've allways been a bit nutty [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Rosseiliantiel 09-05-2002 08:17 PM

EEEK! SCARY!

Armadoin 09-06-2002 01:41 PM

Where is that God-awful picture from?! It almost looks like it could be from RotK, but that is seriously wrong. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Tirned Tinnu 09-06-2002 07:58 PM

That picture, I believe, was for a modeling company. Dreadful; but hey, they want to appeal to all the little girls out there.
I am too old to accept this...damn, you know, I am just about Sean Bean's age. I found Boromir rather more attractive than I have ever seen Sean look. (Long hair always does it for me...)
The Hobbits are far to young for me to dare look at. And that pic?! Makes me want to go get a washcloth. K'mere, kid, you've some dirt behind your ears...! (i can see him squirming and yelling "Not now, Mom!"

aussie 05-23-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kithrčna Greenarrow Legolas (Post 57527)
I was looking around the net last night for information on LOTR (Considering I'm new to it...I did find out that Legolas is 2,931 years-of-age)
And I found this picture: http://img-www.theonering.net/images/scrapbookink/3641.jpg

Am I the only one here who is dusterbed by it?

i need to this pic for a project. Need to print it but i cannot since i can't download it. what could be the prob? i can view it on ie explorer.. and my printer has full ink so don't know what is wrong.

jallanite 05-23-2012 07:24 AM

I use Windows 7 on an Acer PC with a Canon MP240 series printer and the picture prints out in colour without a problem.

I can use File > Save Page As… and save the picture in JPG format and in various other formats. I am using the Firefox web browser. But I also have no difficulty if I switch to IE Explorer.

I don’t know what is causing your difficulty because I cannot duplicate your problem.

Glorthelion 05-23-2012 09:10 PM

Not that scary or disturbing. I can't see why it is disturbing or what. I, however, am disturbed about what Frodo could have been ....

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pho...56-600-338.jpg
A deleted scene where Faramir has a vision of Frodo's transformation into another Gollum. Isn't this disturbing?

Glorthelion.

Nerwen 05-23-2012 09:36 PM

Am I the only one here who finds the *reaction* to this picture...um... "dusterbing"?