The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Novices and Newcomers (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   please help me with a quote... (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=2796)

*Goldberry* 10-05-2002 02:43 AM

please help me with a quote...

ok.. I'm not sure this is the right place.. but bear with me on that I'm new! I want to ask you about a quote in TTT, "the white rider". I'm not a native English speaker, so i haven't got the books in English. I really need the quote in the start of the chapter about Fangorn Forest when Legolas says he could be happy there and its ancient etc. I would be really thankful someone can type this for me! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

HerenIstarion 10-05-2002 03:07 AM

Quote:

'It is old, very old,' said the Elf. 'So old that almost I feel young again, as I have not felt since I journeyed with you children. It is old and full of memory. I could have been happy here, if I had come in days of peace.'

*Goldberry* 10-05-2002 03:12 AM

oh, thanks hun! I really appriciate this [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

HerenIstarion 10-05-2002 03:37 AM

you are welcome

and welcome to the Downs [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

let your bones lie comfortably in this dusty graveyard haunted by wights and ghosts

Meanwhile, as a proposal: read rules and policies of the BD. Such a topic as this is more fitting in the forum second from the top, Newbies and Newcomers

best wishes [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

*Goldberry* 10-05-2002 07:14 AM

I will! i just needed this quote and didn't have the time to read [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Legolas 10-05-2002 11:28 AM

What if we decided this question was in the wrong forum and didn't have time to read it?

Just something to think about.

hobbitlass 10-05-2002 03:43 PM

Ooh Legolas, a bit harsh? I think it best to be a little more diplomatic with the newly deceased. HerenIstarion (sp?) was quite right to show her what to do without trying to put someone down. Or at least that is the way your post impressed me. By your death status (impressive BTW), you've been dead a long time. Please be gentle to us fledglings. Thanks.

Legolas 10-06-2002 09:59 PM

I didn't intend to come across as harsh.

My comment was only to show fault in her logic. The "I don't have time to look" excuse comes up every now and then...whether about looking up rules, or choosing the appropriate forum, or the answer to a question that's been discussed thoroughly.

It's certainly not punishable by death, and I'm not even one to pass judgement. Only aiding a newer member down the best path [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

*Goldberry* 10-07-2002 07:31 AM

i see...

Neferchoirwen 10-09-2002 09:14 PM

Welcome to the Downs, Goldberry!
May you continue to grow in the knowledge of Tolkien in the duration of your stay!

And just to say: (If you really are from Israel [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] ) That I love your people a lot. Wish I can have the chance to go there.

Mae Govannen! (Well met)

Alkanoonion 10-09-2002 10:04 PM

Welcome to the Barrow Downs *Goldberry*
May your final rest be long and peaceful!

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

*Goldberry* 10-10-2002 08:12 AM

Neferchoirwen, thank you! I started reading the Silmarillion (sp?) a few days ago and it's enchanting!

yes, I am from Israel. really? nice to know that! where are you from? anyway I hope for you too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Namaarie!

Alkanoonion, thakx! may it be! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]