The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Tol-in-Gaurhoth (Isle of Werewolves) (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=11911)

arcticstorm 08-11-2005 07:49 PM

make me a philosopher or a preacher

Alcarillo 08-11-2005 07:52 PM

Oddwen, as I recall, Menel was Ye Olde Knighte. On your list he's not anything.

Gil-Galad 08-11-2005 08:04 PM

i have narrowed it down to:

a garrisoned soldier(Micheal J. Caboose, www.redvsblue.com , for more info on his character)

Gravekeeper

Town Cryer

Encaitare 08-11-2005 09:43 PM

Oddwen, I shall make my role more specific: "Extremely skulky and bitter-towards-the-world lamenting lover." ;)

Nonnacedak 08-11-2005 11:25 PM

Profession

Ill be a fisherman

Lalaith 08-12-2005 03:49 AM

I shall be a soothsayer. Sooth, sooth, I shall say. (sorry :rolleyes: )

The Saucepan Man 08-12-2005 05:00 AM

I am an ex-miner. I once worked at the granite mines but, since they failed, I have fallen on hard times and now earn a modest living as a handyman and general labourer in the village. I am a burly fellow, rough and ready, blunt and (of course ;) ) outspoken. When not working, I spend most of my time blowing my meagre earnings in Alcarillo's bar.

Oddwen 08-12-2005 05:31 AM

**Roles updated at this point**

dancing spawn of ungoliant 08-12-2005 06:19 AM

I'll be a glass blower.

CaptainofDespair 08-12-2005 10:34 AM

Profession

I shall be a shrew farmer.

Durelin 08-12-2005 10:50 AM

May I be the village feline?

Laitaine 08-12-2005 10:53 AM

I shall be an especially annoying minstrel. I used to be part of a band of minstrels, but met a tragic death from a severe baking accident when we were performing in a village bakery. In memory of them, I speak only rhyme or song. At night, the sound of a lone alto recorder can be heard playing in the depressingly somber key of D minor.

Yeah, I put a lot of thought into this :-D

The Saucepan Man 08-12-2005 11:12 AM

In case anyone doesn't know how to switch to invisible mode, you click on User CP then Edit Options and tick the Use Invisibility Mode box. This will ensure that no one can see your PM'ing activities which might otherwise give clues as to any secret role which you may have.

Alcarillo 08-12-2005 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
In case anyone doesn't know how to switch to invisible mode, you click on User CP then Edit Options and tick the Use Invisibility Mode box.

And remember to go to the bottom of the screen and select Save Changes. You should see an asterisk next to your name in the list of members currently on if you've done this correctly.

Encaitare 08-12-2005 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laitaine
In memory of them, I speak only rhyme or song.

This should be interesting to read...

Quote:

At night, the sound of a lone alto recorder can be heard playing in the depressingly somber key of D minor.
Best key there is. ;)

Quote:

Yeah, I put a lot of thought into this :-D
But not nearly enough! Have you now a phobia of croissants and pastries and other baked goods? And more importantly, is the alto recorder keyed in natural, harmonic, or melodic minor? :D

Oddwen 08-12-2005 03:00 PM

All professions have been duly noted. See you strange people tomorrow morning!

I am a Healer, specializing in ailments of the Bone.

Laitaine 08-12-2005 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Encaitare

But not nearly enough! Have you now a phobia of croissants and pastries and other baked goods? And more importantly, is the alto recorder keyed in natural, harmonic, or melodic minor? :D

No, Encaitare! I am not frightened of the power of the baked good! I look my fears straight in the eye and conquer them like the cowering pastries they literally are! *growls under breath, muttering* I will not let myself be squashed by some arrogant danish that thinks it can best me. Pah!

Ah yes, and the alto recorder is in that delightfully Tibetan key of natural minor. :-D Is my character more complete now? ;-)

Oddwen 08-13-2005 05:06 AM

Semi-urgent...

Would anyone like to take Azaelia's place in this game? She is unable to play.

Laitaine 08-13-2005 05:56 AM

All righty, I'm going to be out for most of today (Saturday). I thought I would have time to post this morning, but the game hasn't officially started yet and I have to leave me house in like five minutes. I'll be posting very late tonight, so pleeeeease don't think it's suspicious that I haven't posted all day! I can't help it!

littlemanpoet 08-13-2005 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddwen
Would anyone like to take Azaelia's place in this game? She is unable to play.

I'll do it but will give way to another if someone else wishes to. If I'm the one, go with the role I gave earlier.

EDIT: I have to take back my offer. I really don't have the ability to play at this time, as tempting as it is.

edit of the edit: Okay, okay, I'm in. Sorry for the confusion.

Oddwen 08-13-2005 09:20 AM

Ow...head spinning...don't flip flop like that anymore or you'll be lynched for sure. ;)

'kay. LMP is now in the game.

Morsul the Dark 08-13-2005 11:44 AM

Can I join in one of these games?

Laitaine 08-15-2005 10:20 AM

Gahh

I don't know if anyone actualy reads this, but I'll post my problem anyway. Sorry, guys, but today I'm not going to be posting much for a bit today. My mom is making me do college stuff and it'll probably take something like an hour right now. Please don't take my silence as anything conspicuous, I really don't have any control over this :( All righty, I'll try to post later.

the guy who be short 08-15-2005 10:49 AM

Whoever is the next Mod, could the game please be set in the Shire? I just think it would be hilarious with all of us as hobbits trying to cope with an invasion of werewolves. :D It could be like the Fell Winter all over again...

Morsul the Dark 08-15-2005 11:08 AM

that is indeed an interesting thought :smokin: I like it I agree

Encaitare 08-15-2005 07:12 PM

I'd like to mod a game sometime in the future, if that's alright.

Boromir88 08-15-2005 07:22 PM

Morsul, anyone can join. :) A game was just recently started (if you already didn't know) so another one I wouldn't expect to see up for quite some time.

But, when a new one does come up you can either post your intention to join that game. Or, if you even want you can PM the mod for the next game. Right now I don't know who that is, but I'm sure somebody on the downs can inform you.

Oddwen 08-15-2005 07:53 PM

A suggestion...

A suggestion - for game X, perhaps it could be a special "Commemorative Edition" played with just nine players, Wolves, Seer & Villagers. Perhaps an invitational. *shrug* Just an idea.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 08-16-2005 07:30 AM

There are many problems with that idea.

the guy who be short 08-16-2005 08:56 AM

Are you willing to voice any? :p

I think it would need 12 people, I think that was the original number. It would be quite cool if the same 12 people did it, too.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 08-16-2005 09:27 AM

When I said many I actually meant one. :p

Such a game would not please anyone. It would be elitist.

Mithalwen 08-16-2005 10:10 AM

Well I don't think I will play again.........

the guy who be short 08-16-2005 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eomerohirrim

That would be the invitational aspect, I presume. Which could be solved by either having the original people play again (if possible) or having a first come first served application process. :D

Is Enca the next Mod then?

Encaitare 08-16-2005 12:56 PM

Quote:

Is Enca the next Mod then?
A good question, my short friend. If no one else has dibs on WW9, I'd love to mod it.

Quote:

True. But if there were to be such a game, the 9 players could be the last surviving wolf from each of the previous games. That would be interesting to watch...

littlemanpoet 08-16-2005 02:53 PM

I thought there wasn't supposed to be any posting while a game was on. Right?

the guy who be short 08-16-2005 03:02 PM

I believe only players were forbidden to post here. *Looks pointedly at LMP* :p

Firefoot 08-16-2005 03:58 PM

But it's not fair for those of us who are players if those of you who aren't players are discussing the next game without us. *looks pointedly at TGWBS* :p

Feanor of the Peredhil 08-16-2005 04:47 PM

*looks at non-playing status*

Yep... I'm good to post.

I very much like the Invitational idea. I think it would be fantastic. I've been toying with presenting the idea myself (just ask Eomer... I mentioned it to him before) but I see I got beat to it. The trouble is the timing so even if I were involved, I couldn't play. *sigh* But I still submit that it's a good idea and watching experienced players who are excellent at messing with other people's heads duke it out would be a blast.

Oh and... *slaps hands* You silly people shouldn't be posting here. There's a game in progress. :)

Gurthang 08-18-2005 08:32 AM

To all players of WWIIX:

I may be gone this weekend. I'm not sure yet; others have made plans that I will have to be a part of. I will try to get on tomorrow morning and late Sunday at the least. Hopefully, I will be able to post at least as much as I have been, but I am not trusting to hope.

Laitaine 08-18-2005 09:37 AM

All right, people in the current werewolf game, I will be unavailable for most of the day tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday. I'm moving into college :-D and tomorrow I'll only have time to post in the morning. Since that's hardly enough time for me to determine who to vote for, I probably will NOT be able to vote tomorrow. I likely won't be on at all on Saturday and only part of Sunday. After that, I should be good to go, but I'm just warning you all now--tomorrow I will be posting likely ONCE all day (unless I can somehow wrench my laptop out from under the piles of stuff in the car tomorrow on the five hour drive). So if I don't post, don't jump to conclusions ;-)