The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Audience Partisipation! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5581)

The Thriceling 09-10-2002 06:48 PM

Audience Partisipation!

I have a collection of Audience Partisipation Ideas (here:http://www.geocities.com/jedi_witch2000/audience.html). Check it out if you want. But here is the rub... I want moooore. If you have any, post thwem here, and I'll give ya credit on the site. I'm also thinking of starting a list of Bakshi ones, but I've only been able to think of two:

Whenever the hobbits are in trouble and Strider has to save them, yell" Save us, man with no pants!"

Sing the Monty Python Vikking song whenever Boromir appears on screen.

I need more! Please post! Thanks!

The Barrow-Wight 09-10-2002 06:51 PM

When Gandalf's hair falls in his eyes while reading Bilbo's map everyone must shout "Get a haircut!"

Mister Underhill 09-10-2002 06:54 PM

When Pippin is hit with an apple, throw an apple at the screen -- or the head of the shortest person in the room.

DarkRose 09-10-2002 08:12 PM

1) Whenever Sam appears on the screen, chant loudly: "Rudy Rudy Rudy Rudy.." and so on. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

2) Right after the scene where the Black Riders hiss to Arwen "Give up the halfling, she-elf", leap up out of your seat with a friend, have your friend snatch your popcorn away from you, and you scream "GIVE UP THE POPCORN, SHE-ELF!"

Oh, and for the ones that say throw things at the screen, be careful - you might get kicked out. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Tigerlily Gamgee 09-10-2002 09:50 PM

Yell "OUCH!" really loud every time Frodo falls down

Hiss "my prrreeeccciiiouuusss" when Gollum is on the screen

OK, I'm not that good at this [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Birdland 09-11-2002 12:08 AM

OK, I just had this horrible image of a bunch of hobbits dancing "The Ring Wraith" at the local Midnight Flick.

It's just a jump to the left,
And then a step to the right.
Put a finger in your mouth,
And take a great, big bi-yi-yi-yi-yite!
But it's that blood-red Eye,
That really drives you insane.
Let's do the Ring Wraith again!
Let's do the Ring Wraith again!

The Thriceling 09-11-2002 11:05 AM

Those are great, you guys! Keep them comeing!

Ithaeliel 09-11-2002 05:02 PM

Rocky Horror!... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

At the council of Elrond, when the Fellowhsip is formed, say, "We are the knights that say: nnni!"

When something goes horribly wrong in the quest: "And now for something completely different..."

DarkRose 09-11-2002 08:01 PM

Here's more:

Whenever Aragorn's greasy hair falls into his face, start singing loudly: "I've got the urge to Herbal!" like the commercial. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

When Aragorn slices off the chief Uruk-Hai's head off, scream: "ARAGORN, YOU ASSHOLE!" As if you loved the orc. Then, until the movie is over, keep muttering how much Aragorn is a cruel bastard.

When the worms and bugs squirm out of the ground, shriek "EWWW" over and over, as if you're simply terrified.

(My 9-year-old cousin is now clutching my arm, forcing me to put this one [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
When Saruman is flexing his hand over the Palantir, holler: "Can we say FINGERNAIL CLIPPERS?"

[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Dimaldaeon 09-13-2002 12:37 PM

Yell "Oh my God that must hurt" when Boromir kicks the Uruk-hai right in the nuts.

VanimaEdhel 09-14-2002 03:40 PM

*Laughs hysterically at Birdland...Rocky Horror is so great...heehee...*

Whenever the Uruk-Hai gets his arm chopped off, scream, A MERE FLESH-WOUND!

When Frodo is in the hall after coming back from the Inn with Sam and is in the quiet hallway, seeing how his stuff as been disturbed, just as Gandalf grabs him and spins him around, grab the person in front of you by the shoulder (just to see the reaction [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ).

Count the number of arrows Legolas shoots per fight scene out loud, then cheer when he shoots two at once.

They give out those plunger-arrows and bows, and the audience can shoot plunger-arrows at the Orcs (or the fellowship...or Arwen when she saves Frodo instead of Glorfindel: that's what I would do).

When Elrond says, "Welcome to Rivendell, Frodo Baggins!" say "Missssssssssssssssster Anderssssson" over the "Frodo Baggins". Then, add a Keanu'ish "Whoah" when Gimli's axe shatters trying to break the ring...

*laughs a bit, then settles down and explains:*
I'm sorry: Jack Black ruined the council scene for me in the Movie Awards...I can't see that scene in the movie with a straight face anymore...I keep thinking of what he did with the ring...

[ September 14, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]

GreatWarg 09-14-2002 04:08 PM

lol, there was a thread like this in the Barrow-Downs once, so I will recount some of the things I remember:

When Gandalf and Saruman are fighting stand up and yell "BREAK-DANCING!"

When Sam is drowning yell "MISTER FRODO! I'M DRO-OW-OW-NING!"

When Elrond is talking in the Council say "During the day, you are Mr. Anderson. But at night, you are the hacker Neo."

When they are standing in Moria watching the fire grow in the hall, yell "FLY, YOU FOOLS!"

When Boromir nearly falls over the edge in Moria and Legolas grabs him, yell "LEGOLAS! YOU OAF! YOU SHOULD'VE LET HIM FALL!"

In Rivendell, where Arwen and Aragorn are "chatting," yell "ENOUGH WITH THE PRETTY-EYES!"

That's enough for now.

Manwe Sulimo 09-14-2002 04:28 PM

Yell "Achoo!" when the Nazgūl gets close to the hobbits.

Get a toy sword (hey, they let in lightsabers, didn't they?) and try to stab a couple of orcs (I stole that from the arrow thing, sorry)....

"Lurtz! I am your father!" when Aragorn chops off Lurtz's arm....

"Ah, yes, Indy...I mean, Frodo, this is the hidden city of Alexandret--grrr, Moria!" when Gimli leads them to Balin's tomb.

(Well, I guess that would be better in LotR Outtakes, but I'm to lazy to write it there right now....)

"Chug, chug, chug, chug, chug, chug!" when Merry takes a sip of his beer.

And for you teenage girls out there....

"Get away from him, you sick perverted b*stard! He's miiiiiiiiiiiine!!!!!!" when Frodo unbuttons his shirt in Bilbo's room.

Rose Cotton 09-27-2002 05:18 PM

Count the number of times Frodo smiles in the movie.

Isilya 09-27-2002 07:47 PM

Elrond (in reference to the Very Secret Diaries): I'm just a sweet transvestite...

Diamond18 09-27-2002 10:51 PM

Every time Pippin does something stupid, scream "Fool of a Took!" at the screen.

Start singing "Old Stone Troll" at the part just before Arwen enters, you know, when the stone trolls are in the backround. "...Darn him! Larn him!"

I'm sorry, that's all I can think of, I'm too busy laughing at the other posts.

Alatariel 09-28-2002 03:01 AM

Count the number of times Frodo falls over in the movie, then comment very loudly that maybe if he wore shoes he'd get better grip.

Rose Cotton 09-28-2002 05:45 AM

Right before Gandalf hits the ceiling in Bag End scream "Watch out for the...!!!!"

And then when he hits his his head. Yell "OW! I tried to warn you."