The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   You know you're obsessed with LOTR when ... (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=6062)

Elalia 01-12-2003 10:24 AM

You know you're obsessed with LOTR when ...

You know you're obsessed with LOTR when......

1 Someone walks past your bedroom door, you drag them in and ask "Are you frightened?, Not nearly frightened enough!"

2 A member of your family enters the room, with a strange being, you have not seen before and you say "They have a cave troll!" best not to say that one in front of your parents, because it could get nasty!

3 You attempt to walk on snow like Legolas.

4 You consider going to the supermarket as a quest.

5 You spend most of your time staring into a mirror expecting to see the past, present or future.

6 You speak to people mainly in Sindarin or Quenya, then when they ask you to explain yourself, you mutter something about small minded humans.

7 You get up unexpectedly and leave the house, then when someone asks you where you're going, you say you have been summoned to a secret council in Rivendell.

8 You believe that your brother or sister is some stange creature that was created in the fires of Mount Doom!

9 You suddenly decide you have a craving for mushrooms.

10 You see a flock of crows, and run for cover!

I'm sure I've missed loads, so i'll let you write the others in!

Love Elalia x

P.S Please join my council called "Council of Elendili" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

eleanor_niphredil 01-12-2003 10:42 AM

Spooky. i do 8/10, though I'm not telling which...

Galenfea of Mirkwood. 01-12-2003 10:59 AM

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] That's not fair! I only do 2/10 but I did manage to talk about all Tolkein's books for 2 hours, I think that should be on the list! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Neferchoirwen 01-12-2003 11:11 AM

I got a peasant dress for New Year, and everytime I wear it, I go:

Quote:

Instead of a dark Lord you shall have a queen!
...all shall love me and despair!
Nearly did it in chuch this morning...phew!

Sindafalathiel 01-12-2003 11:58 AM

Whenever I have a tall thin vase, I fill it with water, and pour it into a sink and say
Quote:

Will you look into the mirror?
What will I see?
Even the wisest cannot tell. For the mirror shows many things. Things that were...things that are...and some things...that have not yet come to pass...
[ January 12, 2003: Message edited by: Sindafalathiel ]

Helkahothion 01-12-2003 01:13 PM

Hi people,

You know you're obsessed with LOTR when you grow your hair long and do it like the Elfisch.

Yay that makes me obsessed. Does anyone else do this?

Greetings,

Anuion
________
HONEY OIL

eleanor_niphredil 01-12-2003 01:19 PM

These are not mine, but i love them anyways.

1)You walk up to the ticket counter, the woman behind the desk looks up and simply says, "The usual?"

2)The guys at the snack counter have named a combo meal after you.

3)You've figured out, down to the ounce, how much soda you can consume over a three hour period without having to take a potty break.

4)You're really annoyed that the spell checker on your word processor flags "prrrrreecciiooussss" as wrong.

5)You've ever lied about the number of times you've seen FOTR. (classic addiction denial...)

6)You've even been stuck in slow moving traffic, leaned out the window, and shouted "Fly, you fools!"

7) It doesn't matter when you take a potty break anymore as you just mutter the dialog to yourself and reenact the battle scenes on the way to and from the restroom.

8)

Helkahothion 01-12-2003 01:21 PM

My fair lady,

Quote:

6)You've even been stuck in slow moving traffic, leaned out the window, and shouted "Fly, you fools!"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA like that one.

Greetings,

Anuion
________
Bmw R 1200 Rt

Elalia 01-12-2003 01:26 PM

Hi Eleanor!

I like number six too!

HaHaHaHaHa!

Love Elalia [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

eleanor_niphredil 01-12-2003 01:32 PM

You kniw, I actualy did try to do my hair like Legolas once. It is long and blonde like his so it should have worked, but the plaits are fish plaits, making it so much harder. Not fair. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
My main ambition is to go to school with my hair like Legolas, elf ears on and bbright blue contacts to match elijah wood. see if anyone notices...

Helkahothion 01-12-2003 01:34 PM

Don't forget to dress in green when you do and wear a grey cloack. Ofcaurse you claim it is from Lothlorien.

Greetings,

Anuion
________
Built ford tough series

Meela 01-13-2003 12:05 PM

every time i go down a fight of stairs i hum the bridge of khazad-dum music and pretend to cross the bridge at the end

Helkahothion 01-13-2003 12:59 PM

hahahahahaha,

You people are cracking me up.

*chrack*

I wish I had all of you guys in my class. That would drive the teachers insane. Especaly the ckranky ones. They defenitly don't know Lotr. So it would be cool to drive them insane by telling stories of Arda. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA picture that. We could do an RPG for the school play. HMMM picture that.

Greetings,

Anuion
________
LEGAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

Galenfea of Mirkwood. 01-15-2003 08:27 AM

You know you're obsessed with LotR when you ring a friend to ask about some homework and say,
Quote:

What orders from Mordor, my lord? what does the eye command?

alkquareiel02 01-15-2003 09:11 AM

none of my frinds are obsessed by LoTR only me and they think i'm strange so i don't get to do any of those things lol but i am growing my hair long again if that counts.I read the books constantly and like to listen to my cd's to. I watch my dvd's a lot. most of my times revolves around M-E.

Helkahothion 01-15-2003 12:04 PM

Dear alkquareiel02

Quote:

but i am growing my hair long again if that counts.
I do to and for me it shurly counts.

Greetings,

Anuion
________
Buy herbalaire

FarathrimMaiden 01-15-2003 01:12 PM

I grow my hair out long and i style it as though it were elven hair or else i curl it and style it to look like eowyn's.

I placed a china bowl on a pedestol in my living room and claimed it was Galadriel's mirror*.

I also wear blu contacts to school, because of elijah wood and because of the many cahracters in the movie that have blue eyes.

also all my friends realize when im trying to look LOTRish

[ January 15, 2003: Message edited by: FarathrimMaiden ]

Eruantalon 01-15-2003 02:21 PM

Hey everone you know your off the deep end when you.

1)You spend 18 hours straight of you weekend reading any of the books becuse as you say."How can I put it down when its at the good part."

2)You find yourself hearing dialog from the book.When people are talking about something else.

3)You keep having Lord of the Rings inspired dreams.

4)Your friends and famly keep saying"your reading/watching it agian?"

5)Last and not least.You make a ship and go off to sea, to as you say"look apon the blessed realm"

eleanor_niphredil 01-15-2003 02:45 PM

How about when you parants call you by your elvish name? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lossentilien 01-15-2003 03:19 PM

You buy a dvd player just so you can have the special extended dvd.
You get nicknames like:
Lord of the Ring-if you wear a ring (any ring) on a chain, or the more popular one, Lord of the Rings freak/nut/crazy fan/ know it all etc....
When people anticipate your next LOTR quote, or know exactly when you're thinking about it.

red 01-15-2003 03:22 PM

Quote:

You know you're obsessed with LOTR when......
You start a thread like this.

Earendil evening star 01-15-2003 03:35 PM

I know I'm obsessed when, if I miss the last half hour of the fellowship, i can play it through in my head later, music and all.

I also listen to the fellowship score every night, but unfortunately never have LOtR dreams [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Oh well
me obsessed!!!

Meela 01-15-2003 03:44 PM

ha!! im obsessed!! i need a dvd player just so i can watch the lotr dvds!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

and i do most of the others

Sapphire_Flame 01-15-2003 05:05 PM

Quote:

3)You keep having Lord of the Rings inspired dreams.

4)Your friends and famly keep saying "you're reading/watching it again?"
These are *so* me! Hey, I've got some more:

1) You can recite, word for word, Galadriel's Monolog at the beginning of FotR at a moment's notice.

2) You've written down all the dialog for FotR, in the correct order

3) You've learned how to write in Tengwar.

4) You have at least fifty LotR pics plastered all over your room (I'm almost to 100!!)

5) You have one (or more) of the swords.

Everdawn 01-15-2003 08:06 PM

WOW school in Australia is really different.. everyone here is obsessed!...

You know you are obsessed when someone has to go to the office and 20 of your friends in your group begin to say...

"one does not simply walk into the office"
".... there is evil there that does not sleep.."
".... the very air you breathe is a poisonus phume.."

so on and so forth....

And can i just say... my friends and I converse in elvish and understand eachother... And i know Every line of the movie off by heart... we are movie freaks.. I can also recite Moulin Rouge off by heart, as well as 10 things I hate about you... the list goes on... People at my school wear their hair like the elves.. its well... normal..

alaklondewen 01-15-2003 08:56 PM

The other day I went into a clothing boutique (major weakness [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) and tried on an outfit. It fit but I put it back. As I was hanging it back up, I found myself saying:

"I pass the test. I will diminish, and go into the West, and remain Galadriel."

I immediately looked around to see if anyone heard me.

[ January 15, 2003: Message edited by: alaklondewen ]

Maylin 01-15-2003 09:27 PM

I mutter line to myself all day long, and usually manage to crack myself up. *sighs* there are so many times where i'd love to accuse my social studies teacher of being some sort of evil of Mt. Doom. ( ok, he's really pretty nice, but the tests....ahhhhh!!!!!! What is the exact # of blahblahblahblah......)

nevlhachien 01-16-2003 09:31 AM

i know i am obsessed with LOTR because....

1. i wore my hair like Legolas to school and now everyday i do my hair elvish.

2.my dreams are LOTR related

3.i stayed home from school pretending i was sick just so i could read FOTR.

4.i constantly do LOTR dialog with my cat. she gives me weird looks.

well there are more things i do but some ill keep to myself....

Ainahithiel of Mirkwood 01-16-2003 10:24 AM

you know you're obsessed with Lord of the Rings when

1. you make a t-shirt JUST for the 4 days before the Two Towers comes out

2. you were a silver crown that you actually made out of clay to school and pronounce yourself as "QUEEN OF THE ELVES"

3.you're the only person who dresses up at the premire of "THE TWO TOWERS"

4. you hear the Loth lorien theme during Spanish class.

5. you hear the fellowship theme in your head when your sitting at lunch

6. everyother day you were green contacts and flowing sleeves and speak with an english accent

7. someone writes a paper for the newspaper about you going to see Lord of the Rings too much

8. your parents band you from LoTR for a week because it's "NOT HEALTHY" you get up on a chair/desk and proclaim that they have been bewitched by the eye of Sauron

9. you constantly were the one ring around your neck and when you walk up the 12 flights of stairs to get to your science class room, you claim the ring slowed you down because its "getting heavier"

10. your friends who have not seen the movie can finish your quotes i.e. " what buiness.."

"does an elf a man and a dwarf have in the riddemark?"

11.You go to a forum named for a down in the book and actually post there.

Rose Cotton 01-16-2003 04:06 PM

~When you can listen to the Fellowship soundtrack and know exactly what would be going on in the movie.

~When you can listen to the Two Towers soundtrack and know exactly what would be going on in the movie.

~You watch movies just because a cast member from Lord of the Rings is in it.

You know you don't have a life when:
~You've memorized the books word for word.

Sindafalathiel 01-16-2003 04:38 PM

When you nearly fail school because you daydream about it constantly

When you pronounce foreign languages like elvish

When you insult people in elvish, and refuse to tell them what it means

Maylin 01-16-2003 05:03 PM

oh, i thought of two while shutting down my computer.

1) When you turn your soundtrack off, you doublke check to make sure it's off, because you still hear it. ( It happened to me last night)
2) You think the little eye icon up by the website address is really the eye of Sauron, trying to find you......

[ January 16, 2003: Message edited by: Maylin ]

ElvenSunSet9 01-16-2003 05:29 PM

- On you exam when your question is If you could bring any item on with you to Survivor what would it be? and you choose you big lotr set...and plan, not to try and win the money, but to 'tolkenize' your tribe, or just drive them crazy with you antics and when they finally steal the book you wander around doing your gollum impression..(completely guilty)

...::..Lutheyn...::..

Aiya 01-16-2003 05:37 PM

-When even your fellow LotR friend calls you a freak... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

-When you know all the music from TTT even before the movie has been released.

-When you start spotting similarities between LotR and an opera by Wagner. I swear, it's true! The Ring Circle by Wagner.

-When you're making an elvish dress to wear at your formal. (And circlet, and cloak, and...)

-When you have a huge arguement with a friend because he thought you had told him that 'nobody likes you.'

Guilty... All guilty...

nevlhachien 01-16-2003 06:19 PM

-when you print out like 50 pages on how to speak quenya

-when you are constantly on LoTR sites posting messages about knowing you are obsessed

-when you ask your mom where you can get some elf ears

Aiya 01-16-2003 07:05 PM

Quote:

when you print out like 50 pages on how to speak quenya
50 pages? LoL I'm up to 205 on Quenya...

Helkahothion 01-17-2003 04:42 AM

Here's mine,

-when you desperatly clamp on to a jungle gym and scream to the surrounding children:
"Fly you fool's!"
-When you walk to a forrest and climb on a plateau, claiming it's a Talan.

Greetings,

Anuion
________
Yamaha Ym3812 History

Rose Cotton 01-17-2003 06:26 AM

~When absalutly EVERYTHING relates to Lord of the Rings.

Donlammenion 01-17-2003 06:46 AM

This is a bit of tame but hay im a tolken freak:

-when you take the book and both sound tracks everywhere (even your saturday job) to read at every break with the music.

-when you enlist the help of your friends to learn sindarin even though they havent read the books or seen the movies.

-Getting very upset when someone picks up your book with out asking let alone attempting read the front cover.

-watching both movies more than a doulble figure 10+ at the cinema alone.

Of these i am undeniably guilty!

Elalia 01-17-2003 02:07 PM

Mmmmmmm........ I don't know if I should be saying this or not, but I think I do just about everything on this list so far..... Oh, well, I guess you know I'm obsessed already, wise I wouldn't have started this topic!

Love Elalia [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]