The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Pets? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=12481)

Valier 12-21-2005 11:51 AM

Pets?

If M.Earthians could own pets what would they be?Would they look like their pets?Would they sound like them?What do you think?

Tuor of Gondolin 12-21-2005 01:38 PM

Forget Strider. What sort of pets would
Gollum have? Pit bulls to protect the
precious or pet goldfish for when times
get...(well).

Farael 12-22-2005 05:13 AM

Oh, no Tuor of Gondolin haven't you heard that pets and owners tend to look similar to each other after a while? I think that Gollum would have had a racoon. Going all over the place, searching through other people's pertenences and no one really likes raccoons, right? Plus, they are both grey if I'm not mistaken.

Valier 12-23-2005 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farael
Oh, no Tuor of Gondolin haven't you heard that pets and owners tend to look similar to each other after a while? I think that Gollum would have had a racoon. Going all over the place, searching through other people's pertenences and no one really likes raccoons, right? Plus, they are both grey if I'm not mistaken.

Raccoon's are black masked,and footed but I guess they are grey as well..I think Sam would have had a dog,you know all that loyalty.

Farael 12-23-2005 12:53 PM

I don't know much about dogs but I agree that Sam would have a very loyal dog. I thought about a German Shepherd but those can be quite fierece at times... although Sam too, so maybe it would be a good match. Does anyone know a race of dogs as loyal but a little less fierece?

I was thinking, what kind of animal would Gandalf have? perhaps an eagle, or a hawk... keen eyed, quick and strong. Or a monkey? good for lerarning things :D

Valier 12-23-2005 01:37 PM

I think maybe a bassett hound for Sam a little simple,but smart and loyal as well.As for Gandalf how bout an Owl? Or Pippin with a mischevious Ferret Ha.

arcticstorm 12-23-2005 09:46 PM

A weasel would seem to fit Saruman perfectly

Morai 12-24-2005 12:05 PM

Random Titles get Furry

Quote:

I was thinking, what kind of animal would Gandalf have? perhaps an eagle, or a hawk... keen eyed, quick and strong.
Gandalf would definitely have an eagel. Especially since he has such a close association with them anyways.

I've always imagined Frodo having a white blue-eyed kitty-cat, radiating innocence at the start, then slowly becoming gray as the Ring's influence began to take over.

As for the Ring itself, a serpent, gold to be precise.

EDIT: Sorry about that, but it's fixed now!

Valier 12-24-2005 01:18 PM

For Morai

You missed the idea of my topic.you are to tell what animal they would have as a companion,not what animal they would represent.Good idea,Maybe a new thread?

elfearz1 12-31-2005 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farael

A newt seems fitting of Gollum. All slimy... though he might try and it eat. :eek:

Quote:

You missed the idea of my topic.you are to tell what animal they would have as a companion,not what animal they would represent.Good idea,Maybe a new thread?
Well, in picking what animal they would have as a pet it would be impossible (in my opinion) to not pick one that represents them. Since people usually pick pets that corrispond to their personality.

Thinlómien 01-01-2006 01:50 PM

Pets and owners tend to look similar? Then Gollum should have a frog.

P.S. Valier, you should probably edit your first post and introduce the idea of the thread, because not everyone is familiar with your thread in Novices&Newcomers. Also, a proper description would probably lure more people to participate and it's a pity because I think this a funny thread...

Naria 01-02-2006 08:02 PM

What about Ents? I think that they would have birds or squirrels for sure! Can you imagine Treebeard with a few of these running throughout his branches! :eek:

Elu Ancalime 01-02-2006 09:35 PM

well maybe for an ent they would have a sloth hangin out on tha hood.'
________
Michigan medical marijuana

Valier 01-03-2006 01:15 AM

Imagine Wormtongue with a talking bird "Raaaaaaaa Eowyn is hot!,Eowyn is hot! Rrrrrrraaaaaaaaaa! ;)

Tuor of Gondolin 01-03-2006 10:01 AM

For Feanor a phoenix would seem to be appropriate,
which would presumably recreate itself in the Halls
of Mandos.

And for Maedhos a bulldog.

yavanna II 01-04-2006 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuor of Gondolin
For Feanor a phoenix would seem to be appropriate,
which would presumably recreate itself in the Halls
of Mandos.

Borrow Fawkes from old Dumby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuor of Gondolin
And for Maedhos a bulldog.

Oooh...Then he should have been the master of Huan, not Celegorm/Curufin.

hehe... :D

Morsul the Dark 01-05-2006 12:50 PM

any ren and stimpy fans out there will appreciate this

ents would all own stump

trolls would have pet rocks dont worry the rocks are fed religiously

eagles would hobbits in a cage :p

Aragorn would need an animal with an equally long stride...a giraffe will do nicely

Valier 01-20-2006 12:16 PM

What if Grima had a puppy? Do you think Eowyn would love him then? (snicker) :D

gralin musicteeth 01-20-2006 12:51 PM

I think Sam would own a sparrow or a chickadee that perches on his shoulder as he waddles along. That would be cute, no?

Pippin would definately own a little monkey that wore a little red and yellow vest and a fez, and did tricks for peanuts.

Frodo would own a ferret or a weasel that wrapped around his neck at night. I don't know why. It seems to fit him.

Maeggaladiel 01-20-2006 01:57 PM

Eowyn would have a German Shepherd to keep Grima at bay.

Faramir would have Boromir's unwanted/dead/smelly pets, because Denethor wouldn't buy him his own. Lots of dead goldfish, a diseased hamster, a puppy with a chewing problem, et cetera.

Gimli would have a gopher. Short, hairy, likes living underground... I sense a connection.

Morai 01-20-2006 05:42 PM

Random Titles get a new pet....

Quote:

Eowyn would have a German Shepherd to keep Grima at bay.
I was thinking more along the lines of a Bull dog puppy. Cute enough to keep her interested, big enough and mean enough to scare Grima away. "Nice doggy...OW!!"

And another:

Dethenor would have pet firefly that he kept in a jar. He likes to watch things glow. ;)