The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Novices and Newcomers (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Your personal title! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=12158)

the guy who be short 10-10-2005 12:23 PM

Quote:

Hmm... and speaking of Werewolf, I'm surprised no one has gone with a Werewolfish title yet...
I don't think anybody will. Werewolf participation is only a small part of Downs membership, which is only a small part of what makes each one of us a person. No matter what the sleepless nights say. ;)

Kath 10-10-2005 12:50 PM

And in a few years the obsession with it may pass, and then it would be a rather strange title to any newbies. Still, it would be a way of remembering the good old days :D

mormegil 10-10-2005 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kath
And in a few years the obsession with it may pass, and then it would be a rather strange title to any newbies. Still, it would be a way of remembering the good old days :D

SHE'S A WOLF...LYNCH HER! BURN HER!

No, it could be a rather excellent theme for a PT. The problem is that you need to make it customized to yourself and a WW PT just didn't match my own personality.

Formendacil 10-10-2005 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kath

T'would be easy to make it Middle-Earth seeming...

Risky Ranger
Beheaded Hunter
Sleeping Seer

or any such name of the sort would sound appropriately Middle-Earthen, appropriately dead, and appropriately Werewolfish. And then there are all the RP-esque names one could convert to a title...

Deadpan Lumberjack comes to mind (although Saucepan Man already has a Personal Title).

Personally, I think "Innocent Villager" would be a hilarious Personal Title...

Gurthang 10-10-2005 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formendacil

:D That would be grand. Personally, I think that Nilp would have been the most likely to use a title from WW, but he received his long ago. His probably would have been 'Loud Lupine' or 'Suicidal Skin-changer' or something to the like. You know, something to describe his I'm-a-werewolf-so-lynch-me attitude. :D

The Saucepan Man 10-10-2005 04:05 PM

How about Wrongfully Lynched? Mind you, just about every WW player can lay claim to that title at some point ... :D

AbercrombieOfRohan 10-12-2005 09:57 PM

Kind of off-topic but back to the subject of Perky. I think that MLT would be a good PT for you.

"MAX: Yeah, sonny... true love is the greatest thing in the world. Except for
a nice MLT: mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, when the mutton is
nice and lean, and the tomato is ripe... <smack smack> they're so
perky; I love that." -The Princess Bride

The 1,000 Reader 10-13-2005 02:22 AM

"The White Whino."

...Or "Some Random Guy."

Lhunardawen 10-13-2005 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
How about Wrongfully Lynched? Mind you, just about every WW player can lay claim to that title at some point ... :D

I think Nilp would be the only one who will disagree with that. His might be: "Lynch Me". ;)

Feanor of the Peredhil 10-13-2005 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formendacil

Oooh, if only I didn't already have one. I love that.

Rune Son of Bjarne 10-13-2005 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 1,000 Reader
"Some Random Guy."

It would work quite well with your "name"

If i ever get a personal and my knowledge on LOTR has not increaset I think that "Eternal Newbie" would be fitting.
:D

Gil-Galad 10-13-2005 05:11 PM

i should be "That guy you lynched" or something in that context...

malkatoj 10-13-2005 07:56 PM

Gil-Galad, you could also be "Glowing Llama"

...just a thought.

The Only Real Estel 10-13-2005 08:11 PM

Posted by Formendacil:
Quote:

Risky Ranger
Beheaded Hunter
Sleeping Seer
I was considering "Confusticating Cobbler" but eventually sided with TGWBS's reasoning in post #121. Not that Werewolf titles aren't cool and fun to come up with. :D

Elonve 10-14-2005 03:22 AM

how about Konfused kobalt?

or

For Gil: Lynched llama
________
Depakote lawsuites

Gothmog 10-14-2005 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
If i ever get a personal and my knowledge on LOTR has not increaset I think that "Eternal Newbie" would be fitting.
:D

Hey! I sign up for that one!

I've always thought Ghastly Spectre sounds good. Or Devouring Dread/Demon/Devil. Don't know why though.

But there's a long way to go... Especially if I keep this tempo. Was gone for over a year so my post rate is like 0,09 per day
:)

Gurthang 10-14-2005 08:20 PM

I wonder, wonder... who?

Who knows the best name... for me, Gurthang?

Anyone want to play 'Name the Title' for me? :)

AbercrombieOfRohan 10-14-2005 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malkatoj
Gil-Galad, you could also be "Glowing Llama"

...just a thought.

Ne, Gilu-Gadi could be "Glowing Llama"

Gil-Galad would have to be "The Old Man from Scene 24"

Glirdan 10-14-2005 08:49 PM

Hmm.... Something to do with a werebear? You were the frist one after all and I think that deserves some more credit. Or maybe something to do with MapQuest. Something negative of course because we all know how much you hate MapQuest after all. Just a few suggestions, which probably shouldn't be taking. Go with the definition of your screename or your real name. Like I am. My name means poet and I'm going to use "Wandering Wordsmyth" (I call dibs on that!!!!) which is linked to my screename and the Barrow-Downs at the same time. But it's completely up to you.

Gil-Galad 10-14-2005 10:15 PM

how about "ScapeLlama"

"The Black Knight"

or

"The Black Llama"

i was thinking of Punmaster of Awesomeness

Bêthberry 10-15-2005 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
i was thinking of Punmaster of Awesomeness

You want everyone to recall Rimbaud's punning ways, eh? :D

Gandalf_the _white 10-16-2005 09:01 AM

Don't know if this one counts but mine would probs be "the wizard of death" sounds cool :p lol

SunniGadi 10-19-2005 05:35 PM

...Mine would be Pirate Captain Sunni.

Yay, pirates!

Elonve 10-21-2005 03:09 AM

Won't Vini, vidi, vichi be perfect?
________
Herbalaire vaporizer

Gil-Galad 10-21-2005 04:11 PM

maybe Phunmaster?

Meela 10-21-2005 06:02 PM

I think, not straying from the obvious, I would have adopted the appropriate title of Denethor's True Love, or perhaps Stalker is more suitable... considering the opportunity was never going to arise, I never did put much thought into it. But now the wheels of my mind are turning... I shall certainly occupy myself with the task of picking a title now.

Holbytlass 11-14-2005 02:13 PM

I haven't thought about titles for myself..."We're not worthy, we're not worthy" (think Wayne's World) and it sounds like trying to name a baby, the stress of it all since it will be kept for the rest of your life. One happy note though, at least it's only yourself making the final decision. I love all my children's names but if it weren't for my husband, they'd all have different names.

I do like when someone gets theirs, it's like a happy little surprise of "something's different" when one reads their post. Congratulations to all. Perky, you still haven't thought of one? How long does a person have once extended the invitation to pick a title?

Elonve 11-21-2005 10:00 PM

how's Latin-o-phobiac
________
LovelyWendie99

Elonve 07-01-2006 03:26 AM

I got the perfect one for my PT!

Worm feed!
________
Magic Dragon Dispensary Goleta

Glirdan 08-17-2006 02:33 PM

When is the next wave of pt's going to be offered? I haven't seen any new one's yet, especially from the ones I thought would be getting one (Ang and Gurth to name a few).

Gil-Galad 08-17-2006 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glirdan
When is the next wave of pt's going to be offered? I haven't seen any new one's yet, especially from the ones I thought would be getting one (Ang and Gurth to name a few).

i'm still debating my PT...any ideas?

it'll probably be awhile for me anyways still.

Rune Son of Bjarne 08-17-2006 07:03 PM

I don't know what it should be Gil, but you should use the word: dainty

Gil-Galad 08-17-2006 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
I don't know what it should be Gil, but you should use the word: dainty

dain·ty
adj. dain·ti·er, dain·ti·est
Delicately beautiful or charming; exquisite: “No dainty rhymes or sentimental love verses for you, terrible year” (Walt Whitman).
Delicious or choice. See Synonyms at delicate.
Of refined taste; discriminating.
Overly fastidious; squeamish.

...i'm flattered Rune but i don't thing it'll work between us :p

Glirdan 08-18-2006 11:58 AM

YAY!!! I got the PM!! Anybody else get one? And now I'm stuck on what I want. I think it might be Wandering Wordsmyth, but I'm not sure. Any idea's??

Formendacil 08-18-2006 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glirdan
YAY!!! I got the PM!! Anybody else get one? And now I'm stuck on what I want. I think it might be Wandering Wordsmyth, but I'm not sure. Any idea's??

Clearly, you haven't spent the entire tenure of your time on this website dreaming of becoming a renowned and respected member... so obviously, there's something wrong with you. :p

What would you say is your defining trait? Or, perhaps, one particular trait that you'd like emphasized in your PT? Without some idea where to start... who know where to go?

Glirdan 08-18-2006 01:49 PM

Quote:

What would you say is your defining trait? Or, perhaps, one particular trait that you'd like emphasized in your PT? Without some idea where to start... who know where to go?
My insanity would have to be one. :rolleyes: ;)

Gurthang 08-18-2006 02:41 PM

I echo the words of wisdom from Formendacil. Glirdan, I'm sure you'll think of something. Maybe this will help; I looked up 'insanity' and found these.

insanity = madness, lunacy, psychosis, mental illness

As for me, I had already decided mine (yes I did get the PM) so you should see it fairly soon. :D

Glirdan 08-18-2006 02:44 PM

Yay Gurthang! Woot! And thanks for the advice, both of you.

Valier 08-18-2006 03:11 PM

Nice Gurthang!!........It suits you and your avatar..... :smokin:

mormegil 08-18-2006 03:20 PM

Many felicitations to all who received their invitation!

Glirdan as for the wandering wordsmyth I am a fan of aliteration (see my PT) but I personally would feel a bit presumptious with such a claim in the midst of many Downers ie. Davem, HI, Lal, Esty, SpM, Boro, Eomer, Kuru etc...But to each his own, I don't often read the role playing game so perhaps you write a lot there. Otherwise I would look to you comical and spirited side. My impression of you is that you have endless energy :D

Again congratulations and most importantly you must like you decision nobody else has to. When I made my decision I solicited the aid of a couple of friends who I knew would give constructive feedback and that helped me out. As did thesarus.com.