The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Elvenhome (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Golden Perch Discussion Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=12878)

Kath 08-01-2006 08:15 AM

Noinkling, hope you don't mind the interruption!

Folwren 08-03-2006 03:27 PM

I apologize to everyone. I am behind in my writing.

Firefoot, I realize that my last post is apparently behind everyone else in the time of the evening, but I think if we both stay on top of it in the next one or two posts, we'll be quite quickly up with everyone else. What do you say?

-- Folwren

Firefoot 08-03-2006 04:08 PM

Works for me. I should have a post up a little later on tonight. Ha, this ought to be fun.

Folwren 08-03-2006 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefoot
Ha, this ought to be fun.

Yes, I thought so. :D

If your post is not put up TOO late this evening, I might have time to write one after you! (If that's necessary, of course.)

-- Folwren

Celuien 08-03-2006 04:58 PM

Should Primrose and Will wait outside until the Cela/Dick scene plays out? :D

Folwren 08-03-2006 06:00 PM

May be a good idea. But then again, it might add some excitement if someone else walks in in the middle of it. However, I've no idea how violent Cela is going to get over this. ;) You all decide and do whatever you feel like it.

-- Folwren

Folwren 08-03-2006 08:19 PM

Haha! Brilliant - brilliant! What a mix up, hey? *chuckle*

Anyhow, I do not think that I am going to manage a post this evening. If I do not, then someone go ahead and write one without waiting for me - Celuien or Arry. . .

-- Folwren

EDIT: Ne'er mind! I got my chance and snuck back downstairs and the post is written and up. Take it away, chaps!

Tevildo 08-04-2006 05:19 AM

I am removing this earlier post from the thread and tucking it away on the discussion thread, since this is an awkward time to ask such a question. I don't have a working word right now, so can't save it on my own computer. Will put it back up once the Innkeeper is freed up.

Hope this is alright.

By the middle of the supper hour, Tolers had lost all count of the number of bowls of fish stew and flagons of ale that he'd served up to the customers of the Golden Perch. He felt that his dedicated service in the common room definitely made up for any small mistakes he'd made earlier in the day. But no matter how hard he worked, Tollers could not get his mind off the gold coin with the hammer and anvil that he had tucked inside his vest pocket.

He pulled out the silver shilling that Skirvir had given him in payment for the ale. The image on that coin was so close to the picture on the other that it almost took Tollers' breath away. He had deposited twelve pence in the Inn's money box from his own leather pouch so he could keep the silver shilling for himself. Holding the golden coin in one palm and the silver shilling in the other, Tollers could see that, although the pictures of the hammer were not an exact match, they were very, very close.

A bold plan began to take shape in Tollers' mind. He must be extremely careful. It would do him no good to tell the Dwarf where he'd found the coin. But perhaps if he spun an imaginative tale he could get a bit more information out of that fellow Skirvir or one of his buddies that might help him identify exactly what this thing was. It would have to be a wild and wooly tale that had no connection to the Inn, the Stock Brook, or even the Shire. And he would need to speak with the Dwarf in private, not here in the middle of a crowded room with so many nosey hobbits about who loved to pry into their neighbors' business.

The first place to start was to find out what room the Dwarves would be occupying in the Inn. Tollers' eyes darted over to Master Dick. Trying to sound as casual as possible, he sauntered over and asked, "Those nice Dwarves, especially the one named Skirvir....you wouldn't happen to know what room they will be staying in tonight?"

Folwren 08-04-2006 04:37 PM

OH! I am so sorry, Tevildo! I did mean to answer your question, but I totally forgot. :( Sorry.

Yes, we should definitely address that later. I apologize.

-- Folwren

Tevildo 08-04-2006 04:47 PM

Folwren,

No problem at all. I'll look for an appropriate time to slot up my post once the discussion is wrapped up. I figured I had blundered into a "pre-existing" dialogue.

Glirdan 08-05-2006 07:39 AM

Sorry about the shortest post ever, but I can't really think of anything to add to it. If I do, I'll add it.

Mithalwen 08-08-2006 02:59 PM

Kath ..... I will post something for my Cir ASAP - tomorrow if I can but do post again if you want ..I am not quite sure how he is going to cope with being seen as a spoilt brat again even after his best attempts at courtesy and good manners :p

Folwren 08-08-2006 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Kath ..... I will post something for my Cir ASAP - tomorrow if I can but do post again if you want ..I am not quite sure how he is going to cope with being seen as a spoilt brat again even after his best attempts at courtesy and good manners :p

Well, I sincerely hope he copes somewhat well because I've no idea what a few little hobbits will be able to do if some guest Dwarves and Elves decide to make war on each other. :rolleyes:

;)

Firefoot 08-08-2006 06:54 PM

Cela would get to shake her spoon at someone other than Dick. ;)

Mithalwen 08-09-2006 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefoot
Cela would get to shake her spoon at someone other than Dick. ;)

Oh he isn't a violent character ... more a choice between throwing himself in the brandywine or thinking since trying to be good doesn't get him any credit he may as well throw himself into his time AWOL with more enthusiasm. He isn't nasty just young and thoughtless and misunderstood ;)

Kath 08-09-2006 01:35 PM

Not at all Mith, I'm happy to wait. I want to see how your Cir reacts to this. :)

Tevildo 08-10-2006 09:49 AM

Thanks for that "latch" Folwren. I wasn't sure how I was going to get back to you with my question.

Volo 08-10-2006 03:20 PM

I thought of joining your merry group, but it's really crowded and I think, that for the next game it's better to put a new topic into "Roleplaying" and in that thread have all the characters conversations and such in different topics. I mean that you put something like "Blue Chair Inn" in "Roleplaying" and put a new topic there for each conversation between characters there and have a main topic for what and where whoever is doing.

Well, enough of that, went offtopic...

Anyway, meet:

NAME: Colren Borsson

RACE: Man

WEAPONS: None

APPEARANCE: Rather tall for a human; pale skin; gray eyes
with some brown; brown hair with some gray, little curly, moderatly
long, over shoulder length; short black curly beard; a short
red scar from tip of right eye downwards; skinny; old simple
clothes; always seems to have a coin in the pocket.

PERSONALITIES/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Usually quiet, but sometimes
really talkative; helpfull; sometimes looks into the distance and
seems completely empty, occasionally yells for no seeming reason and
mumbles things to himself; looks at weapons with hate; eats little.

Volo 08-10-2006 03:22 PM

And sorry for changing the time, but by the time Colren comes, it's already getting dark. Punch me if I'm wrong.

Folwren 08-10-2006 03:32 PM

Hi, Volo! Glad to see you here. :) You'll figure your way around the Perch, croweded or no, I've little doubt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volo
And sorry for changing the time, but by the time Colren comes, it's already getting dark. Punch me if I'm wrong.

Hm. No, that should be fine, I think. :) Unless others see a problem? Supper is getting on by that time and everyone is well into it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tevildo
Thanks for that "latch" Folwren. I wasn't sure how I was going to get back to you with my question

You're welcome, ol' chap. You quite deserved it from me.

-- Folwren

Volo 08-10-2006 03:55 PM

Complain to me if I do something wrong, or just stupidly. This is my first RPG, ever. I designed Colren for a rather long time (ok, I'll not lie, just few days...), but now that I have to write, it seems much harder then I thought... Well, most is Colren's history which you can try to ask about yourself (if he ever wakes up).

Tevildo 08-11-2006 02:18 AM

Welcome, Volo!

I am afraid that once again Tollers is not going to get the answer to his question about the Dwarves, but I couldn't just leave the poor fellow sprawling on the floor.

Folwren 08-11-2006 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tevildo
Welcome, Volo!

I am afraid that once again Tollers is not going to get the answer to his question about the Dwarves, but I couldn't just leave the poor fellow sprawling on the floor.

I am so sorry!!!!!!!!!!! Argh! I'll try very, very, very hard to get an answer to you before I leave tomorrow.

Speaking of which - I am going to be leaving tomorrow on a long vacation (won't be returning until something like the 27th) and I may or may not have access long enough to post here. I will let you know. . .sometime. . .if you don't hear from me by Monday, then you should know that, no I don't have access. :D

I'll go see what's happening at the moment, though. . .

-- Folwren

Tevildo 08-11-2006 10:03 AM

Folwren,

Don't worry! I was just laughing at myself for having Tollers cutting away from Dick to help the stranger. And if you don't get an answer up before your vacation, it will be fine, since there is no particular rush (plus I could always have Tollers sneak about on his own and discover where the Dwarves are once it turns to night).

Have a good time, and the staff will try to behave while you are gone. :D

Tevildo

Folwren 08-11-2006 10:59 AM

Ha! You had better behave! I AM coming back, you know, and I don't want to have to call all of you in to fire you all at once!! ;)

-- Foley

Tevildo 08-16-2006 02:56 AM

Volo -

I hope I got him off to a bed the way you wanted. If you'd like to make changes, just let me know.

Tevildo

Kath 08-18-2006 10:39 AM

Hey, I'm probably not going to have net access for the next week so Mith, if you wouldn't mind writing for my Cir? I'll be back on Thursday, thanks!

Mithalwen 08-18-2006 12:10 PM

Sorry yes no problem .. real life has been bowling googlies but should ease up now....

Mithalwen 08-21-2006 01:59 PM

at last ..sorry, I have posted for the Cirs and now have the irresistable urge to go home and have mushrooms on toast for supper... :D

Thanks Undome for the interraction - will have the twins explore after a few more posts are up.....

Kath 08-23-2006 07:01 PM

Looks like I'll have to read what's been going on! Just popping in to say I'm back. :)

Tam Lin 08-23-2006 07:42 PM

Looking forward to gaming on the Barrow-Downs.

:)

Will bring Tavaro to The Golden Perch soon -

NAME: Tavrobelion, his original name (or at least one of them); Most often called Tavaro now

RACE: Elven

WEAPONS: None, save for the small knife he uses to sharpen his quills

APPEARANCE: 1.7m (6’7”); 95kg (210lbs); medium frame; finely chiseled facial features; sea-grey eyes; hair dark as a raven’s wing, worn in a long plait down his back. Soft grey green tunic worn over brown breeches and belted with a twice wrapped belt of plain brown leather secured with a worn brass clasp. Knee high boots, brown, scuffed, comfortably worn. Long, hooded grey cloak flecked with browns, blacks, and greens; the clasp is worked in silver and set with mother-of-pearl on its face.

Carries a large brown leather satchel of soft leather filled with pages of parchment and vellum and a small pouch within, holding pens and inkstones and fine sand. Slung over his other shoulder is a larger leather pouch his traveling needs within and a small harp, wrapped in a soft, sea blue, finely woven stole. Uses a tall hawthorn staff as he walks along.

PERSONALITY: An inviting personality; enjoys engaging people in conversation. Thoughtful; given to periods of quiet retreat when he is writing, though he will gladly lay aside his task and call for wine should someone want to talk.

History: Well traveled. Given to collecting tales from whatever local population he finds himself in – prose, verse, song all happily recorded. Has most recently spent time in the Old Forest, east of Buckland, visiting old friends.

Folwren 08-26-2006 10:04 AM

Hi all. I haven't yet had any time to catch up on all the posts at the Perch and I haven't caught up here on the Discussion Thread, and I don't have any time at all now to write what I'm writing.

I wanted to tell you, though, so you don't have to wait another day and a half for me to finally get on with some time, go ahead and move forward a bit. I think we should be getting onto the stories and music and whatnot. Finish whatever conversations are going on and we can go onward.

Have got to be running. So long!

-- Folwren

Kath 08-26-2006 11:37 AM

Ok. I'll go have the Cir's root around for some intruments and then we'll be ready to go.

Noinkling 08-26-2006 02:44 PM

Kath

About your character looking at Skirvir - he's gone out to the front porch with the two children, to tell stories.

Kath 08-26-2006 04:51 PM

Gah! I knew I'd have missed something, I'll go edit that.

Mithalwen 08-28-2006 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kath
Ok. I'll go have the Cir's root around for some intruments and then we'll be ready to go.

Kath, were you not the grammar Termagant? Or do you not take the zero- tolerance approach to punctuation? :p I think Carantilion will grab the harp as being the nearest thing to a guitar...

Kath 08-28-2006 02:08 PM

Err, oops! :D Apostrophes were always my weak point. Anyway good to see you back! Been trying to PM you for three days :rolleyes:

Volo 08-30-2006 11:51 AM

Sorry for the long post.

And the hobbit Colren bumped into is Tollers, just to be on the safe side.

Tevildo 09-02-2006 09:11 AM

If someone wants to find Tollers' coin, I have no objection at all as long as they give it back to him.

Otherwise, Tollers himself will retrieve it in a post or two. :rolleyes:

Glirdan 09-02-2006 09:23 AM

I'll find it. Just wait until I'm done playing music with the others. :)