The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Movies (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New Middle Films Announced!!! (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=19081)

Herald of Mandos 04-01-2017 08:04 PM

New Middle Earth Films Announced!!!

Has anyone else seen this??? What do you think?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Access Hollywood
In a surprise press conference today, Peter Jackson announced his return to Middle-earth, at the helm of a series of "Middle-earth Anthology" films.

"After helping to bring Tolkien's true vision to life with the "Hobbit" trilogy," says the director, "I frankly felt burnt out with Middle-earth. It had taken so much of my life- and there just didn't seem to be any more of Tolkien's writings to draw on, even in the Appendices.

But then, you know, when you think about it, there are still so many unanswered questions. How did Aragorn meet Arwen? What really happened to Frodo's parents? What does Elrond do in his spare time? How did Thranduil get those scars? What adventures did Legolas and Young Aragorn get up to? Where does pipeweed come from? Who is Tom Bombadil?"

Jackson chuckled at the suggestion that he was operating under heavy studio pressure to compete with the Disney-owned "Star Wars" films.

"That's ridiculous. These are stories that need to be told- stories that Tolkien would have wanted us to tell. We owe it to him, really. We're certainly not trying to copy any other franchise- I don't know why you would think that."

"Ranger One: A Middle-earth Story" is set to hit the big screen in December.

Faramir Jones 04-02-2017 10:48 AM

Sounds awful

To quote Marvin the Paranoid Android in The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, it 'Sounds awful'. :(

Inziladun 04-02-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faramir Jones (Post 706458)
To quote Marvin the Paranoid Android in The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, it 'Sounds awful'. :(

"Awful" to you and me, dollar signs to PJ! He's still the April Fool in my book. :D

Morthoron 04-02-2017 01:37 PM

I'm still trying to figure out if The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies was an April Fool's hoax.

Nerwen 04-03-2017 03:30 AM

Oh, yes, it's all fun and games now, but this thread is going to read very differently in a year or two, when it actually comes true:eek:

Legate of Amon Lanc 04-03-2017 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerwen (Post 706463)
Oh, yes, it's all fun and games now, but this thread is going to read very differently in a year or two, when it actually comes true:eek:

Yes. Following the advice of Gandalf, we should not jest about serious matters. Evil never sleeps.

Galadriel55 04-03-2017 06:15 AM

What are you talking about? I can't wait for the history of the wereworms to come out.

Nerwen 04-03-2017 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galadriel55 (Post 706466)
What are you talking about? I can't wait for the history of the wereworms to come out.

You know, you're right. Just look at all these fascinating topics in the "Books" forum, waiting to be turned into cinematic epics!

How did Gollum get out of Moria?

Why didn't Morgulduin pollute the lower Anduin?

Why did Aragorn not tell the Fellowship Gollum was following them?

Who on middle-earth is Lotho?

Languages Smaug spoke

Where do elves get metal?

what would possibly exist in the farthest east?

And that's just from page one!

Faramir Jones 04-03-2017 09:14 AM

This one

Don't forget this one:

Was Tolkien a racist, a sexist, or both?:rolleyes:

Aaron 04-08-2017 12:49 PM

I want a three hour movie of Elrond doing his taxes - pausing occasionally to sigh at the futility of it all and mutter to himself.

Morthoron 04-09-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 706493)
I want a three hour movie of Elrond doing his taxes - pausing occasionally to sigh at the futility of it all and mutter to himself.

Our list of accountants grows thin.

Inziladun 04-09-2017 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 706493)

Elrond doesn't pay taxes. He founded Imladris as a non-profit home for "refugees" from those in Eriador displaced by Sauron's war. Housing the Heir of Isildur later was completely under the table. ;)

Galadriel55 04-09-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 706496)
Elrond doesn't pay taxes. He founded Imladris as a non-profit home for "refugees" from those in Eriador displaced by Sauron's war. Housing the Heir of Isildur later was completely under the table. ;)

A registered charity then? Accepting hobbits for volunteering positions?

Inziladun 04-09-2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galadriel55 (Post 706497)
A registered charity then? Accepting hobbits for volunteering positions?

Hobbitat For Humanity!

Aaron 04-09-2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 706496)

How sad is it that turning Elrond into a tax-dodging slum lord would still be less offensive than much of The Hobbit trilogy?