The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Novices and Newcomers (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Upcoming RotK Video Game... (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=3415)

nPiLL 08-28-2003 09:42 AM

Upcoming RotK Video Game...

Ive been a fan of the LotR games since they came out last night. I bought TTT on ps2 and enjoyed it alot. I expect that RotK will be as good or even better.

For those of you who have played this game and are waiting for the RotK to be released, lemme know some of your opionions for the upcoming game(questions, comments,concerns etc.).

Maeglanthirion 08-28-2003 07:25 PM

I can't wait for the RotK game! I wanna play as Gandalf and Frodo, just to add another twist to the game. But what I really want is the cooperative play. Sounds sweet! Can't wait!

nPiLL 08-28-2003 08:05 PM

Yeah i was glad they added alot of new things to it and not just keeping it the same game just with new levels. The multiplayer will be sweet too. Im hopin to play as Sam because after watching the movies i think he would have been better off with the ring(this brings up a whole new topic that Im going to post lol). Yeah they even improved the graphics which is cool.

Gorwingel 08-30-2003 06:37 PM

At Comic-Con which I attended this last July, EA games had a booth where you could test out a part of the ROTK game. It looks really cool! The graphics have been greatly improved (especially the graphics of the charaters), but it also looks to be much more difficult.

I am also happy that they have the new multiplayer feature. Because now both my sister and I can play at the same time.

I can't wait, it will be so great [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sleepy Ranger 08-31-2003 02:08 PM

This game is going to be the best. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I can tell you in detail but I dont think anybody would be interested if you are PM me.I'll be happy to say everything I know and the release date.That is if everyone dosent know

Aragorn2002 09-01-2003 08:13 PM

Well, I loved the Two Towers game. I didn't like the first one too much, it kind of left the story line of the movie. But I can't wait for the Return of the Kings game to come out, it will be the bomb.
________
Michigan medical marijuana dispensaries

Arien 09-02-2003 03:08 AM

The Two Towers Game was ok. It wasn’t really challenging as a game and didn’t have many levels although the whole Tower of Orthanc was interesting. I really hope that The Return Of The King is better, it looks a lot better and it should be intriguing to play with Gandalf and Frodo. I look forward to it.

Aragorn2002 09-02-2003 04:41 PM

You're right, it really wasn't that challenging, never the less, it was fun.
________
Fix Ps3

Fedaeglin 09-04-2003 04:40 PM

The Multiplayer addition will make the game much better than the Two Towers. I've already beaten it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I think it will be fun to play as gollum.
I also think that it will be fun to be able to interact with the scenery. That will be awesome. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Maeglanthirion 09-09-2003 04:52 PM

Yeah, I was so pumped up when I got TTT, but I nearly beat it in a little under an hour of play. And I'm glad the character's graphics are better. Legolas' face was screwed up in TTT. Looks like someone took a roller and flattened out, and then he was beat with an ugly stick. His body looked great, but his face was messed up. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Trippo The Hippo 09-17-2003 08:20 PM

Npill where do you live? The TT game was out a long time ago (late 2002) in America.

I think the Additions in RotK will be cool, but i dont think they will make the game worth getting. I rented TTT because it was too short and too repitive to make it worth buying. Maybe they will change some of this in RotK.

ArathorofBarahir 10-07-2003 01:05 PM

I cannot wait for the ROTK video game comes out on PS2, I have seen the preview of it on the TTT DVD and it looks awesome!

lady evenstar 10-09-2003 02:47 PM

i loved TTT game a lot for PS2 and i do think the return of the king is going to be better. i heard u can play as frodo, sam, gandalf, aragorn, legolas, and gimli, and ur bosses are shelob, king of the dead, and and the with king, but that's all i know. there's a rumor that there's supposed to be 2 other playable characters but u can't play as gollum. That's sucks.
The Battle for Helm's Deeo is over. The Battlr for Middle-earth is about to begin.
--Gandalf at the end of TTT

kittygirl02 10-09-2003 02:51 PM

the TT game was awesome, and I'm looking forward for the ROTK game. I'm getting a PL2 soon, so that'll work.

rudeboy 10-21-2003 09:43 AM

I heard you have to fight Sauron at the cracks of doom at the end!

Phervasaion 10-21-2003 10:49 AM

I definitaly looking forawrd to the game. The thing i didnt like about TTT was the fact it seemed to short, but, RotKs shortest level is meant to be 3 times as long as the longest level in TTT. Also im looking forward to the multiplayer option.

Scott 10-23-2003 08:07 PM

For anyone not sure whether or not to purchase the new game, just read this month's edition of Electronic Gaming Monthly. The new issue not only has a poster inside, but also three separate write-ups on the new game as well as notes on how the other Tolkien games are progressing. Sadly though, it says that the Isengard game was scrapped - but hooray for the up and coming Hobbit game! I read the magazine yesterday and I'm still salivating over awesomeness this new game should bring.

~Scott

Jack 10-24-2003 11:52 AM

I wait for it to come out!!! Go me!

Faye Took 10-25-2003 03:12 PM

November 4th! I can't wait! Only about 10 more days! I think the RotK game will be great. EA Games is a pretty good company, so we are in good hands [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. I'm really looking forward to it!

ArathorofBarahir 11-02-2003 01:55 PM

Hold on a minute according to amazon.com, the game comes out on November 6th. So when does it come out the 4th or the 6th?

Scott 11-02-2003 07:04 PM

The poster hanging up in my room has November 4th on it. The sixth may be the first day that Amazon can actively distribute the game themselves. I would imagine that it would take a bit longer for a company like Amazon to get all of their ducks in a row for distribution.

Gorwingel 11-08-2003 12:24 AM

Well, who has the ROTK game? and what do you think about it? My sister and I just got ours yesterday and it is so cool! I love the multiplayer feature, because TTT game was sometimes rather boring because you couldn't play together at the same time. I like the more sopisticated graphics, and additionally the game is a tad bit harder (well at least for the novice gamer), overall I am very pleased with the game.

balrogman 12-29-2003 09:58 PM

you can call me the thread resurrector [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

anywhoo, i got the game for christmas on xbox, its pretty good, and bonus: it has the MOUTH OF SAURON! hopefully that means he will be in the EE *crosses fingers*

btw best character is legolas, after a while he gets good with his bow, his little swords suck at the start but they get better

aleesa 12-30-2003 12:13 AM

Got the RotK game (for pc) recently but found out that my PC didn't fulfill certain requirements to run the game. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Have played 'the Hobbit', FotR and War of the Ring(WotR) games though and found the to be enjoyable. WotR is much like Warcraft sound it was easy for me to adjust to the game and the graphic was nice. Bilbo Baggins in the Hobbit game soooo cute. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

DarkRose 12-30-2003 11:24 AM

aleesa, are you talking about The Hobbit game that is out for computers? That's the one my brother got for Christmas, and you're right! Bilbo is adorable! And his voice is perfect. We're on the "swordglow" level or something like that.

Anyway. I've rented the RotK game twice already, because I love it so much. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Finally, a game where gaining levels is actually fun! I've beaten it already, but I enjoy going back and gaining levels and practicing combos.

The 2-player aspect is great. My brother and I play together, which is immensely fun. I'm usually Gandalf and Legolas, who are my best characters. My brother is Gimli.

I recommend this game! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

aleesa 12-30-2003 07:07 PM

Yup, you're right DarkRose. I'm still in the middle of "the Hobbit" but my brother has already finished it. I just love the graphics of each of the animation before the start of a new level.
I'm still not able to play the RotK game. My brother is so frustrated too since he was also looking forward to playing it. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]