The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Elvenhome (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Scarburg Meadhall Discussion Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=14744)

Eönwë 04-10-2008 04:52 AM

Fair enough Elempi.
I'll probably post my character's entry today or tomorrow.

Lhunardawen 04-10-2008 06:10 AM

It's either I've imagined Scarburg wrong, or I've overestimated Ginna's lack of sense of direction. (But believe me, a person can be very stupid when it comes to directions: take it from one who knows.) In either case, let me know if it's impossible for her to get lost.

I don't really intend her to be lost for long, anyone could come up during the night to rescue her, perhaps unintentionally. I just wanted to give her a little scare.

Thinlómien 04-10-2008 08:10 AM

Hey, this is looking excellent. Welcome, Eönwë and Gwath! :)

Just to let everybody know, I will write at least one post for Modtryth before the next day, she has to have the debate with Stigend she promised she'd have. I know Noggie's quite busy, so if that is a real problem, we can always co-write so that I do most of the job, or we can write a little and then the discussion can be interrupted and continued later. Modtryth is quite a determined person, so she won't leave starting the discussion at all unless something serious happens... but of course that is a possibility too...

And Lhuna - no, you're not too subtle, I think I have a clue at least... ;)

I've talked with Celuien and she reminded me that she has done proper character descriptions for her characters for the Abduction RPG (and I know where they can be found). Now, should we just use these, or should I shorten them to fit the other character descriptions (Celuien said I can do this if I wish)? Opinions?

Groin Redbeard 04-10-2008 08:49 AM

At last we are beginning to get some new characters. Eönwë and Gwathagor, I'm glad to see that you joined!:D

I'll do one more post for the night before Erbrand lays down to sleep, unless everyone has to be awakened to to look for Ginna.;)

littlemanpoet 04-10-2008 09:26 AM

Well, Eodwine and Rowenna are awake, so they could look for Ginna. Or not, being somewhat preoccupied, if you know what I mean....

Lommy, your co-write post with Noggie can be inserted wherever it's most appropriate, so no need to rush it.

piosenniel 04-10-2008 09:58 AM

Lommy

There's no need to re-write Celuien's character bios. I copied them over to this thread and linked them into the Players/Characters list.

~*~ Pio

:)

Thinlómien 04-10-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet (Post 552841)
Lommy, your co-write post with Noggie can be inserted wherever it's most appropriate, so no need to rush it.

I know - I was merely thinking that I won't be able to write any further posts if I don't know what's happened before it.

Pio - great! :D

Nogrod 04-10-2008 12:58 PM

Feeling guilty all the time... but my timetables just would demand 36-hour days just to get all the things done I need to do without these... :(

But late next week I'm hopefully done with a lot of stuff that keep me occupied right now (mainly exams & choir rehearsals). This is looking good indeed once again and I'm more than willing to come into the fray.

Just go on Lommy. I guess Stigend will have a rough time...

Groin Redbeard 04-10-2008 01:59 PM

Just a thought

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nogrod (Post 552859)
Just go on Lommy. I guess Stigend will have a rough time...

Hey Lommy, near the end of the post do you want to be the one who notices that Ginna is missing? Everyone else is busy sleeping, exploring the ruins of Scarburg hall, or just trying to figure out who everyone is.;)

Lhunardawen 04-10-2008 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinlómien (Post 552830)
And Lhuna - no, you're not too subtle, I think I have a clue at least... ;)

Heh. :o :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet (Post 552841)
Well, Eodwine and Rowenna are awake, so they could look for Ginna. Or not, being somewhat preoccupied, if you know what I mean....

No, I don't think they're in the best position to look for her, either.

Thinlómien 04-10-2008 11:53 PM

I can make Modtryth realise Ginna is missing - it would actually be quite believable too - but I just realised that I doubt I will get anything done before Sunday evening or Monday morning my time. So you don't need to wait for me when it comes to realising that Ginna is missing, or to anything else.

Eönwë 04-11-2008 04:11 AM

Maybe I can find her on my way in. I don't mind editing my last post.

edit: Ok, I've seen her

littlemanpoet 04-11-2008 08:50 AM

Just a couple of points for your consideration, Eonwe:

Ginna has raven black hair.

It is night time; the sickle moon is out and so are stars. It is perhaps 3 hours after dusk.

I like the uncle's words. Nice touch. Just so with mention of symbelminë. I like. :)

Eönwë 04-11-2008 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet (Post 552901)

Sorry, I was reading from here. It must have changed since then.

Thank you.

EDIT: Is that better?

Eönwë 04-11-2008 04:18 PM

Nice post, Groin. I wonder though if you get muskrats in Rohan... hmm... look here

piosenniel 04-11-2008 06:32 PM

LMP -

Do you want me to edit the bio Lhunardawen wrote for Ginna? She has the character with blonde hair and blue eyes (post #76 of this thread):

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhunardawen

NAME: Ginna

AGE/GENDER/RACE/WHERE FROM: 23, female, Eorling from the north of the Middle Emnet

APPEARANCE: Stands 5'8" tall, slender but stronger than she appears, has light blonde hair almost reaching her waist, and wide blue eyes. A bit too beautiful for her own good.

BITS OF CHARACTER/HISTORY YOU FEEL MIGHT BE HELPFUL IN DEFINING THE CHARACTER: Ginna is the only child of Randvér, a widower, friend of Eodwine's from the War, and small lord and landholder. She was sent to the Eorl's keeping in hope that she will learn to "behave more properly," and while she does not mind being away from her father, their separation failed to give them a chance to address their worsening estrangement. She is determined and a quick learner, but can be stubborn and headstrong. The loneliness to which she had been accustomed helped her to easily make friends with the people around her, but had also made her highly insecure, which leads her to take advantage of Harreld's feelings for her as she had done with other men before. Too late did she realise, however, how wrongly she had treated the smith, and now desires to win back his friendship, although she has no idea how to go about doing it.

Though she does not admit it, she wants to settle down, but she doubts her father would judge her ready, if indeed he had a mind to give her away in marriage at all.

Lhunardawen 04-11-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet (Post 552901)

She does? :eek: Apparently it had been too long since I last wrote for her. :o

I'll go ahead and edit her character bio.

(And now I'm not so sure if I got the colour of her eyes right...)

Groin Redbeard 04-12-2008 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eönwë (Post 552930)
Nice post, Groin.

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eönwë (Post 552930)
I wonder though if you get muskrats in Rohan.

I don't see any reason why they shouldn't, unless of course you mean that we don't know if they live in Middle Earth. Well, if not them then another fury creature has to live in that marshland. Erbrand has to have something else to work with other than cowhides.;)

Thanks for you insight, Eönwë. :) I'll go and look up what types of animals dwell in a place like Rohan.

piosenniel 04-12-2008 11:32 AM

Groin

Since Middle-earth is based around the western European region, how about a lovely stoat (ermine) - HERE & HERE - in place of those North American native muskrats. Stoats have lovely fur, especially in the wintertime, when their coat turns completely white.

Groin Redbeard 04-12-2008 11:49 AM

Thank you, Piosenniel!:D I'll go edit my post.

Firefoot 04-12-2008 12:27 PM

So sorry for the delay

NAME: Léofric, Léof for short

AGE/GENDER/RACE/WHERE FROM: Age 16, male, human from Rohan (For Hard Winters RPG - now 21 years old)

APPEARANCE: Rather short and slight, though not without some wiry strength; blonde hair kept short, dark blue eyes. Simply dressed. (Hard Winters - has grown somewhat, now on the short side of average; has filled out and muscled up a bit).

BITS OF CHARACTER/HISTORY YOU FEEL MIGHT BE HELPFUL IN DEFINING THE CHARACTER: Before coming to the Mead Hall, Léof lived in the Middle Emnet with his father and younger sister (his mother died when he was ten). His father was something of an alcoholic and hard on him, and Léof took refuge with the horses on his farm. When he was 16 his father banished him from the farm and Léof set off to Edoras to start over, where he became the ostler of the Mead Hall. In keeping with this, he has only told a few his story, not even Eodwine. He is typically quiet and keeps to himself. He is incredibly stubborn, determined, and convinced that he can take care of himself and doesn’t need anyone, but he is generally kind and will give anyone a fair chance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

LINKED ~*~ Pio

littlemanpoet 04-12-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhunardawen (Post 552934)
She does? Apparently it had been too long since I last wrote for her.

I'll go ahead and edit her character bio.

(And now I'm not so sure if I got the colour of her eyes right...)

Oops! :o No, my mistake. I fear that I have been picturing Lhuna's face (after a fashion) onto Ginna. :p I am wrong, Ginna has light blonde hair. Poor Harreld, he's been terribly color blind all this time! :eek:

For swamp dwelling creatures, considering the climate of Rohan, I think the best bestiary we could use would come from France and Germany. Yeah. Like Pio said.

Eönwë 04-12-2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet (Post 552964)
Ginna has light blonde hair.

Does that mean I have to change my post again?*:eek:

edit*: rhetorical question.

littlemanpoet 04-12-2008 08:47 PM

So sorry Eonwe. :o

Just want to point out so that it's clear to everybody: Rowenna as she is currently constituted is not good for Eodwine. She'll only become good for him if and when she changes in character from being self-serving to caring about others. She may be a long way from it, if she ever gets there at all. That doesn't mean that Eodwine won't get tangled up with her. There are too many things he likes about her, and too many things about which he grieves (that she suddenly has to do with) for him to have quite a clear head about her. All that to help understand the post I'm about to write.

piosenniel 04-12-2008 09:08 PM

So, Lhunardawen -

I edited your bio for Ginna to indicate her hair color as blond. :-)

~*~ Pio

Lhunardawen 04-13-2008 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet (Post 552964)
Oops! :o No, my mistake. I fear that I have been picturing Lhuna's face (after a fashion) onto Ginna. :p I am wrong, Ginna has light blonde hair. Poor Harreld, he's been terribly color blind all this time! :eek:

*big grin* That made my day, Elempi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by piosenniel (Post 552978)
So, Lhunardawen -

I edited your bio for Ginna to indicate her hair color as blond. :-)

~*~ Pio

Thanks, Pio! *smile*

Finduilas 04-13-2008 08:15 AM

Folwren asked me to explain why she hasn't been here lately. She's been lying around with the chicken pox, feeling horrible(and looking horrible, too:p). We hope she is on the last leg though, and she will, hopefully, be back soon.

Lhunardawen 04-14-2008 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finduilas (Post 552984)
Folwren asked me to explain why she hasn't been here lately. She's been lying around with the chicken pox, feeling horrible(and looking horrible, too:p). We hope she is on the last leg though, and she will, hopefully, be back soon.

Oh, dear. Hope she gets well soon enough, and she won't be left with too many scars. Thanks for the info, Finduilas. :)

Eönwë 04-14-2008 07:48 AM

Get well soon Folwren.

Oooh! I wonder what Ginna will say when a strange short person from a faraway land comes up to her (Thats my character, by the way).

littlemanpoet 04-14-2008 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finduilas (Post 552984)

Shucks, Findy, I thought maybe you were volunteering to join. :(

Eonwe, you might want to PM Lhuna to ask her to post. She's been struggling to find time and a good reminder might help her.

Folwren 04-14-2008 09:13 AM

It cracks me up that Findy offers an explanation for my absence the very day that I make it out of sick bay instead of before hand...

Anyway, I made it back to the Barrow Downs yesterday evening and have practically caught up on the Mead Hall thread. It's looking very, very interesting, everybody.

-- Folwren

littlemanpoet 04-14-2008 05:49 PM

I've got a 'Rowenna's point of view' brimming to be written, but I'd like to see someone else post first. Don't be shy! :)

Groin Redbeard 04-14-2008 07:01 PM

Glad to see you up and running again, Folwren.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet (Post 553085)
I've got a 'Rowenna's point of view' brimming to be written, but I'd like to see someone else post first. Don't be shy! :)

My guy is still sleeping waiting for night to end. :(

Lhunardawen 04-14-2008 07:55 PM

Sorry it took longer than necessary, but my post is up.

No offence meant to your character, Eönwë, but I can't blame Ginna for being paranoid. :D

Folwren 04-14-2008 08:36 PM

I love it, Lhuna! As casually as she could, she ran off! Very funny choice of words. Oh dear...forgive me for laughing...I've laughed easily all day.

I'm not shy, Elempi, just busy and with nothing pressing to write. :)

-- Foley

Thinlómien 04-15-2008 12:51 AM

Why do I have to be so busy this week? Why have I made myself so busy this week? Anyway, I'll try to write and if I just don't have time, then I have to write post later and it must be moved to its proper place... Anyway, great to see this hall so active.

Eönwë 04-15-2008 04:54 AM

I'm sorry for that not-very-good post, but what else could Dan do?

littlemanpoet 04-15-2008 08:56 AM

What a hilarious pair of posts! :D

Now Lhuna will have to post yet again! :eek: ;)

Groin, there's always the latrine to visit in the night, and who knows whom one might meet? Or just wait if you prefer.

Groin Redbeard 04-15-2008 10:27 AM

Very nice posts Eönwë and Lhuna, so much action and it still isn't day yet. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet (Post 553142)
Groin, there's always the latrine to visit in the night, and who knows whom one might meet? Or just wait if you prefer.

If the urging to post comes too strong I'll see if Erbrand can find it.;) Thanks LMP.

piosenniel 04-15-2008 12:47 PM

About Signatures

Please take the time to remove your signature from every post to the Meadhall RPG thread.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio