The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Who's got the best signature? (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=4548)

galadriel'smaiden 02-23-2003 03:34 PM

Come now, I like my own!

quote: Q: To call a parody by any other name would be as funny?
A: Probobaly.

VanimaEdhel 02-23-2003 03:34 PM

Yes: many of the comments consisted of comments such as that...succinct and to the point, I suppose, burrahobbit. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]

Ithaeliel 02-23-2003 04:37 PM

Quote:

I like Ithaeliel's! It made me laugh the first time I read it!
Thank you, Pipperin! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, thats what i say
That's great, Eleanor, you're so right... ha, listen to me though, a teatotaler who nearly spat out her communion wine [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Salix 02-23-2003 06:42 PM

I just saw a great sig.
Quote:

Make tea, not war
by Lyra Greenleaf.

Balin999 02-24-2003 03:21 PM

Quote:

Can Galadriel cook noodles in her mirror on a warm day?
by Meela.

Some might think that this quote is stupid, but I really like it, I laughed very hard when I read it for the first time [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mattius 02-24-2003 03:44 PM

Hee hee they are all good ones. One of my faves is "Im not aragant, Im the best fools!" But I cant remember whose it is.

I have changed mine and hopefully it will be 3 lines or less!!

lord of dor-lomin 02-24-2003 04:07 PM

Aylwen Dreamsong's struck me funny.
Quote:

Friends don't let friends walk through ancient labyrinths drunk.
I would also cast another vote for Diamond's Bugs and Daffy quote.

Sapphire_Flame 02-24-2003 04:27 PM

Quote:

Much appreciation to Sapphire Flame, Bill Ferny, doug*platypus (mmmm... shameless self-promotion...) and anyone else with a catchy one-line signature.
Thanks, doug*! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Your's is great too, I can't believe I forgot to mention it!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I profusely apologize.

the phantom 02-24-2003 04:52 PM

I just saw one by Brinniel that I liked.
Quote:

There are two different kinds of people in this world: those who finish what they start and
Sadly, it reminds me of me.

Galadrie1 02-24-2003 08:56 PM

Quote:

One of my faves is "Im not aragant, Im the best fools!" But I cant remember whose it is.
I'm pretty sure that was Helkahothion's. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

ilon 02-24-2003 10:24 PM

you people sure know what to put on your sigs. if you ought to rank them it would probably take a long time.

i'd like to share you people one of my favorites, excuse me for lagging away from the thread's topic.

"WHAT DO WE LIVE FOR, IF NOT TO MAKE LIFE EASIER FOR OTHERS."

Merri 02-25-2003 10:54 AM

Beren! My one vote! I thank you! *dances around excitedly*

Um . . . right. Why is everyone looking at me like that? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

DaughterofVana 02-25-2003 07:00 PM

Diamond18, just had to say (though it's on the previous page now) that last week was the first time I heard "The Hand Song" and I really love it, too! Never really thought about putting it as my sig, though. Interesting.

Quote:

"I amar prestar aen. Baneth edhil, in Eruchín, pêl o gardh vín; gwannol athan dýr hin na narn, na bent, na ôl. Dan io al illu hî..."
For now I'll say Ravendah's sig. Mostly because I have no idea what it means. I'll probably edit this post at a later date or post again as I discover new ones. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

-'Vana

[ February 25, 2003: Message edited by: DaughterofVana ]

Helkahothion 02-26-2003 05:14 AM

yes the arrogant one was mine. It came with a little hey shut up you fools at the beginning. Wow, people actualy liked that one. Glad to be of service. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I like the one by Lyra Greenleaf as well.

Make tea not war. Really funny and it has truth in it as well. A lot of it.

Greetings,

Anuion
________
Cbr600f2

Rosseiliantiel 02-26-2003 08:08 PM

I like
-Ithaeliel's (funny!)
-Mattius'(let's not get into a political debate, though. Had enough of those)
-Brinniel
and also sleeping, but that's beside the point. Having trouble with coherent sentences.

Diamond18 02-26-2003 11:39 PM

I like the one being sported by Isilmëiel:

Quote:

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous. ~Graffito

Brinniel 02-27-2003 05:43 PM

I'm glad to hear people like my sig. I've always enjoyed funny quotes. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm planning to change my sig next week though, as I have decided to change it monthly, and well, my month's almost up.

I really liked Helka's arrogant quote. It made me laugh each time I saw it. I also like eleanor's sig. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

VanimaEdhel 02-27-2003 06:10 PM

Quote:

I amar prestar aen. Baneth edhil, in Eruchín, pêl o gardh vín; gwannol athan dýr hin na narn, na bent, na ôl. Dan io al illu hî...
Quote:

The world has changed. (?) Elves, the Children of Eru, (far?) from our region; departed beyond their lands to story, to (?), to dream. Back(/long?) ago and (far away?)...
I think that's along the lines of what it says. I don't know some of the words and I guessed on others...it is a really good signature, Ravendah.

Meela 02-28-2003 03:52 PM

wow! thank you, person who liked my signature. i have a habit of coming up with amazingly random thoughts, and that was the random thought of that particular day, whenever that was

Ithaeliel 02-28-2003 04:20 PM

Thank you Rosseiliantiel! I'm also about to change mine, unfortunately, for the month is old... I'll try to find another quote that's just as good!

Quote:

"Everyone has to believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink."
My old sig, which goes hand in hand with a quote from Eleanor:

Quote:

"Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
Cheers! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Carlas 02-28-2003 06:11 PM

I like Mattius'

Quote:

Why did the chicken cross the road? George W Bush says "We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road or not. The chicken is either with us or it is against us. There is no middle ground here."
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

onewhitetree 02-28-2003 09:48 PM

Yeah, Brinniel's is cool.

Mattius 03-04-2003 03:28 PM

My new sig. is a dark prediction for my future.

Galadrie1 03-04-2003 03:53 PM

Mattius, you beat me to it. As soon as I saw your new signature, I raced over here to comment on how great it is (though I now have an extremely scary mental image of an old clown chasing after me [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] )!

Mattius 03-04-2003 04:03 PM

Yeah I know!! Damn my over loving parents taking me to the circus in my wee years! Old scary clowns with buckets, OH NO THEY ARE GOING TO THROW WATER ON ME!!! Wait, it was just confeti [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] The nightmares continue to haunt me, as well as that bearded lady that looks like my teacher! AGRH!!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Beren87 03-04-2003 05:41 PM

I like Durelin's new one as well.

Quote:

You are told that if you are given a lemon, to make lemonade. As a pessimist, I am given a lemon, and I suck on it.

Hirilaelin 03-04-2003 05:54 PM

I really like Helka's, it's funny!

Quote:

<---------No that is not me!!!
Peace is our weapon, wisdom the ammo. Fire at will!

Diamond18 03-04-2003 08:59 PM

Bravo for Ithaeliel's new signature, this is even better than the old one. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:

"Is sloppiness of speech caused by ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don't care." -William Safire
This seems to be quite a few people's motto, no? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Gayahithwen 03-05-2003 02:07 AM

I like burra's.. 'specially after he was so kind to explain it to me. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:

Mary did not mind the correction because she learned that there was a special knife for butter.

Helkahothion 03-05-2003 01:53 PM

Quote:

"Is sloppiness of speech caused by ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don't care." -William Safire
That's funny, I was about to change my to that last part. I will still do that.

Greetings,

Anuion
________
Extreme vaporizer

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh 03-05-2003 02:27 PM

Quote:

This seems to be quite a few people's motto, no?
It's certainly mine. I regard the inaccurate, incorrect or inelegant use of language as indicative either of the one state or the other, and I hold the two in equal contempt. I note that at least Safire troubled to couch his epigram in correct English. How many of us can say the same of our own words?

Helkahothion 03-05-2003 03:01 PM

There, just adjusted the sig. No need for the this is not me since the avatar is gone now is there? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Greetings,

Anuion
________
VAPORIZER REVIEW

gralin musicteeth 03-05-2003 06:14 PM

I like red's siggy:
Quote:

"Cats are like greatness: Some people are born into cat-loving families, some achieve cats, and some have cats thrust upon them." -William H. A. Carr
hehehehe cute [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Ithaeliel 03-05-2003 07:43 PM

Thank you, I'm glad people like my new one! It does seem to be the case for so many people. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I say have a care and do research!

Firondoiel 03-06-2003 11:42 AM

I don't think this one's been mentioned yet, but I really like Eressië Ailin's signature...

Quote:

There are three kinds of people in this world: people who can count and people who can't.
[ March 22, 2003: Message edited by: Firondoiel ]

Helkahothion 03-06-2003 02:03 PM

Hahahaahahahaa like that one.

Greetings,

Anuion
________
Acura slx specifications

gralin musicteeth 03-06-2003 05:14 PM

Quote:

Dyslexics of the world UNTIE!!
The best signature ever, provided by naurwen_of_lothlorien

Naurwen_of_Lothlorien 03-07-2003 07:01 PM

Oh wow thank you so much!! I am very honoured [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I like yours too, that ceiling thing gets me every time ^0^

Well thank you again

Yours Thankfully

~Naurwen

Salix 03-11-2003 01:37 PM

I have a kid in my school who has a T-shirt that says 'Bad Spellers of the world <u>UNTIE</u>'

Silmarien 03-11-2003 11:34 PM

I just love your's Salix
Quote:

Do not trifle with Dragons, as you are small, and crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.