The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Movies (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   REAL Teaser poster for RotK! (From official site) (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=9850)

Morquesse 06-27-2003 12:33 PM

REAL Teaser poster for RotK! (From official site)

Take a looky! <P> <P>You can find it and a desktop of it at <A HREF="http://lordoftherings.net" TARGET=_blank>lordoftherings.net</A> <P>A bit more interesting than the Saruman one. <BR>~M

Finwe 06-27-2003 12:35 PM

*drowns in Viggo's endless blue eyes*<P>Wow. All I can do is drool.

peonydeepdelver 06-27-2003 12:53 PM

I love how since it's called Return of the King it's not a picture of "pretty boy" Frodo (as my mom calles him ), and that he's still wearing Barahir's ring and that his sword is Anduril. Ooooh, Aragorn looks like he washed his hair!

dancing spawn of ungoliant 06-27-2003 01:04 PM

what actually is barahirs ring?<BR>that pic is...just...great!i'm speechless!<BR>that pic is also <BR><A HREF="http://www.fantasyplanet.cz/lotr/galeriefilm.asp" TARGET=_blank>here</A>

peonydeepdelver 06-27-2003 01:10 PM

Barahir is Beren's father, who when he rescued Finrod, received a ring from him. When he died, Barahir's ring became like a hand-me-down sort of thing in Isildur's House. Then somehow (I forget how) I think Elrond received it and then later gave it to Aragorn. It would help if I reread the Silmarillion...

Finwe 06-27-2003 01:36 PM

Elrond must have had it from the beginning, after Elendil. I don't remember if Isildur had it at the Battle of the Gladden Fields, but if he did, then he must have given it to his squire Ohtar to take along with the Shards of Narsil to Rivendell. Elrond gave it to each Heir of Isildur upon his coming of age, and so, it probably passed on to Aragorn that way. Once he turned 20, Elrond told him who he truly was, and gave him the shards of Narsil and the Ring of Barahir.

Liriodendron 06-27-2003 02:05 PM

Well that poster is very nice! I'd really like to kiss him, he's so yummy looking! Thanks!

Meela 06-27-2003 03:22 PM

I found that picture earlier. Its already on my desktop It's beautiful, isn't it?<BR>People will remember that Lord Of The Rings is about a ring, and not Aragorn becoming king, right? There has been a lot of emphasis on Aragorn, and it seems as though Lord Of The Rings will end up being referred to as Lord Of The Kings. Anyone else feel this, or am I just paranoid?

Gorwingel 06-27-2003 03:41 PM

Woah! that is a much better poster than what I thought it would be. How dramatic!<P>Additionally I also heard that they are going to do a series of posters with a single charater every month up until they release the final poster. So it is just going to get better and better

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 06-27-2003 04:33 PM

Ooo...I hope so, Gorwingel!<P>That's sort of a freaky picture of Viggo. I saw it and I was like "Whoa...he looks hynotizing...must...stare...into...eyes...Hey, Anduril!!!"<P>[EDIT] Eep! I didn't even catch my mistake until I was out of the house! Narsil...I have Narsil on the brain!<p>[ June 27, 2003: Message edited by: Horse-Maiden of the Shire ]

Gorwingel 06-27-2003 05:27 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>That's sort of a freaky picture of Viggo. I saw it and I was like "Whoa...he looks hynotizing...must...stare...into...eyes...Hey, Narsil!!!"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh I know, it is sometimes hard to look at, it kind of reminds me of the first 2 teasers for FOTR with the striking pictures of Frodo. I always thought that that poster was kind of scary, just the way that he was looking at you.<BR>But I love the drama of this one though, it is very cool

dragoneyes 06-27-2003 05:48 PM

In a darkened and creaking house such as mine, that poster loses its 'wow' factor and gains a sort of freaky air about it. More like 'please stop looking at me, shut your eyes...No Wait! Don't! Pictures aren't supposed to move!' And now I'm getting that horrible feeling that someone is behind me. I'm going to bed.

Duncariel 06-27-2003 05:58 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>That's sort of a freaky picture of Viggo. I saw it and I was like "Whoa...he looks hynotizing...must...stare...into...eyes...Hey, Narsil!!!" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>My thoughts exactly, only I was trying <B>not</B> to look into his eyes. Freaky.

arianrod 06-27-2003 08:22 PM

It's a good shot, but I thought he looked a tad evil in it when I first saw it on the site. Dunno why. Maybe it's the eyes... o_O

Shy Hobbit 06-27-2003 08:32 PM

This poster is So. Stinkin. COOL! The best Aragorn poster I've seen yet. It says so much, I don't know if it's because I've read the books, or simply because it screams "King". *sigh* 'Tis very awesome! <P>Is it just me, or does he somehow not quite look like Aragorn? He looks different. In a good way, but odd

Meela 06-27-2003 08:37 PM

He looks like he's trying to do a Stuart Townsend pose- the one from Queen of the Damned.

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 06-27-2003 09:28 PM

I agree. He really does NOT look like Aragorn there. Maybe he was trying a Stuart Townsend pose because Stuart was almost cast as Aragorn. I have this horrible feeling that he's going to open his mouth and reveal two sets of sharp, pointy teeth.

Morquesse 06-28-2003 12:46 AM

I think he's just being...Kingly. Though I admit, there are some pictures I can't look at, because they feel like they are actually gazing at you. You know that TV guide with the four hobbits on the cover? I simply cannot look at it, it bring chills, while some photos don't bug me at all, like that one. <P>A poster of each character? Gimme, and let me loose $120 down the tube. A tasty thought though( the posters, not the loosing of money). <BR>~M

Menelhachwen 06-28-2003 08:46 AM

<P>Can somebody tell me WHY is he sooo handsome? <P>I can't wait until December!!!!

Trippo The Hippo 06-28-2003 09:49 AM

Thank you so much! That poster rocks, and I am not even a Viggo fan girl. That is really cool. Now I can not wait!

Elentári 06-28-2003 02:11 PM

i dont really like viggo...aragorns not too bad tho...although those eyes REALLY freaked me out. i almost fell off my chair lol. hmmm will there be a leggy teaser poster? there are normally many....

Lush 06-28-2003 05:21 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Can somebody tell me WHY is he sooo handsome?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Why to drive you bonkers, of course.

Gorwingel 06-28-2003 07:11 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>A poster of each character? Gimme, and let me loose $120 down the tube. A tasty thought though( the posters, not the loosing of money).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I have to agree, I collect the posters (I have four of the full size ones from FOTR and TTT) and I am worried about where I am going to put them all, because I am running out of room. I hope they come out with a Sam one though. And since it seems they are doing weapons and rings theme. I think they should have him holding Sting (like during the battle with Shelob) so that the people who have not read the book go "why is he holding Frodo's sword?" "Does something happen to Frodo? Nothing can happen to him". Or do you all think that would be giving away too much?<P>For all of you this is the article that talks about the multiple teasers with different charaters, and some stuff about the trailer<BR><A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1056407274" TARGET=_blank>TheOneRing.net</A>

Arwen Evenstar the Fair 06-28-2003 09:06 PM

Hey wow thats awesome!!!!! I like!!! He is sooooooooo handsome!!! <P>*faints*

QuickSlash 06-28-2003 09:47 PM

Mrowr. <P>*clears throat*<P>Um. Yes. Thank you. Very much. I'd kept the desktop of him from the first movie since it came out until now. I'd looked a little for better ones, but I was happy with what I had. But this...is very good. Very,...very good. *stares at it*<P>[edit for typo]<p>[ June 28, 2003: Message edited by: QuickSlash ]

Elvanui 06-28-2003 10:45 PM

I put that picture on my desktop and my sister completely freaked when she closed up a program and there he was...staring out at her. Those eyes are hypnotizing...I cannot look away(I must add that I am in no way a fangirl...I wonder how this poster affects the Nazgirls?) <BR>*newsflash: scores of teenybopper girls have starved to death after being unable to remove themselves from the new ROTK teaser poster for several days*

Meela 06-29-2003 09:06 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> *newsflash: scores of teenybopper girls have starved to death after being unable to remove themselves from the new ROTK teaser poster for several days* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yup, that's me... minus the teenybopper.<P>I have so many pictures and posters that I have had to start overlapping and putting them on other people's doors.

Liriodendron 06-29-2003 10:08 AM

Hey! Maybe this is the "look" Sauron gets in the palantir? The symbols and the *scary* eyes would be perfect!

LePetitChoux 06-29-2003 10:40 AM

That is one seriously computer-altered image. What is it with altering the eyes? In Moria, at the Doors, Gandalf's eyes looked amazingly freaky too. And seeing as they put that massive sword in, I'm guessing Andúril plays a great part. Hopefully in the Absence of Arwen, but one can't have everything I suppose...

Morquesse 06-29-2003 04:42 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>What is it with altering the eyes? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I didn't know they altered eyes, but there is one pair I wished they did change: Frodo's. Hobbits are supposed to be earthy-looking, and I think he fails terribly. but he's still cute. <P>Back to the poster: You can pre-order it at <BR><A HREF="http://shop.newline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=13923;category_id=2472;pcid 1=;pcid2=" TARGET=_blank>NewLineshop.com</A> for around $15.<BR>See you later! <BR>~M

Roccotari Eldandil 07-01-2003 11:54 PM

Whoa. <BR>His eyes are gorgeous. I got shivers down my spine when I saw that picture. It's one of those magnet looks, you can't tear your eyes away. I hope that's the look that he gives Sauron! that would be so AWESOME!!!!! And I'm glad they're going to have Andúril. I was mad when (in Extended FotR) they didn't give him the sword.

Neferchoirwen 07-02-2003 12:13 AM

It says a lot. <P>But no, I don't think he looks like he's finally washed his hair...frankly, I don't even think he has the time. <P>Great eyes, though...

Horse-Maiden of the Shire 07-02-2003 10:39 AM

I was looking for a picture of the animated Nazgul from the Bakshi cartoon and I stumbled upon this:<BR><A HREF="http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/kefren/immaginifilm/eveningpost-nazgul.jpg" TARGET=_blank>Pelennor</A><BR>Enjoy!

The Saucepan Man 07-02-2003 10:47 AM

Actually, that looks like it might be a dead Oliphaunt, since it appears to have a broken fortress structure on one side of the type mounted on the fighting Mumakil. And as best as I can remember from the Oliphaunt in TTT, the scale works too.<P>Whatever it is, the wretched beast is peppered with arrows.

Silmiel of Imladris 07-02-2003 02:24 PM

Man if the teaser poster is out that means that the preview will be out anytime now. I have been keeping my eyes peeled at every movie I see to make sure I don't miss it. I hope you guys are right in saying that there will be a teaser with a different character every month. I want Legolas!!! Although if it is true I will probably have to order it online for stores here carry the posters with one or three characters on them but not the theatrical versions.

*Varda* 07-02-2003 03:06 PM

I <B>love</B>that poster..it really seems like Aragorn's hypnotising you. Times like this I think i can't wait any longer. Bring on RotK!

Sapphire_Flame 07-02-2003 05:36 PM

*drools* That is such a good picture..... and there's going to be a series of these? YES!!! I can't wait until RotK is in theaters!!!<P>Only 168 more days!<P>Abedithon le,<BR>~*~Aranel~*~

Lhunardawen 07-12-2003 04:26 AM

I would like to say that the ring is not Barahir's ring. Aragorn gave the ring of Barahir to Arwen at some point in their love story (I can't remember when).<P>Oh my.. he looks gorgeous!! Maybe Legolas finally convinced him to take a bath.

Alatáriël Lossëhelin 07-13-2003 08:13 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I would like to say that the ring is not Barahir's ring. Aragorn gave the ring of Barahir to Arwen at some point in their love story (I can't remember when).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>"Hey Arwen, wanna go steady?" I don't think so. He never gave the ring of Barahir to Arwen in the books. The ring was always passed from father to eldest son, and he would have given it to Eldarion.

Finwe 07-13-2003 09:32 PM

Actually, they have made a poster with Legolas on it. I saw it in a store at the New Jersey Mall in Freehold the other day. If anyone lives in New Jersy, U.S., go get the poster there, if someone hasn't already gotten it.