The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Movies (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   You Know You're Obsessed With Lord Of The Rings When... (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=17960)

Took_Gamgee13 05-18-2012 04:50 AM

You Know You're Obsessed With Lord Of The Rings When...

Ok, this is already a thread. But that one is really old, so I decided to post it again as sort of a continuation.
I'll start us off.
You know you're obsessed with Lord Of The Rings when...
-you refuse to use paper because of the ents.
-you have no human friends anymore, just trees.
-you try getting your dad to grow a beard, just so you can make him look more like a dwarf.
-when talking to friends, you always manage to get the conversation back to a lord of the rings related subject.
-you know elvish.
-grow your hair out and braid, so you can look more like an elf.
-you make everyone you know watch it.
-you take up archery.
-you decide to get a horse and name it Shadowfax.
-get incredibly annoyed with spell check because it keeps saying all of the LOTR names are wrong. I'm tired of the red lines!

Anyway, i'm sorry if these are stupid. I'm pretty sure they are. My friend and I just randomly came up with them. And just so you know, only about half of these are true so yeah. I'm not crazy...

Mithalwen 05-18-2012 05:49 AM

Pfft amateurs..

You know you are obsessed when your spellchecker's default setting is Quenya :p

MCRmyGirl4eva 05-18-2012 06:55 AM

When you started writing your own Tolkien-inspired book
When your BFF has become obsessed too, and written a 22 page paper for Creative Writing class about wood-elves
You go on here in school instead of doing your work

Alfirin 05-18-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithalwen (Post 669975)
You know you are obsessed when your spellchecker's default setting is Quenya :p

A varaiation

You know you're obsessed when you converse in Sindarin, recite in Quenya.........and curse in Black Speech.

and one of my own
You react with deep deep suspicion when a black squirrel shows up on your property.

MCRmyGirl4eva 05-18-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

You react with deep deep suspicion when a black squirrel shows up on your property.
I'd be freaking out all the time. My city has lots of black squirrels, especially around the park.

You're on here in school for the THIRD time today

Alfirin 05-18-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCRmyGirl4eva (Post 669988)
I'd be freaking out all the time. My city has lots of black squirrels, especially around the park.

Well, they are a bit more common now than they were then (given the inroads the grey squirrel has made into Britain and the corresponding decline of the red squirrel) Though I understand they were even more common in America at the time of the European Colonization (black have an advantage in heavy woods (where there is a lot of shadow, grey have an edge in more open woodland).

Galadriel55 05-18-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCRmyGirl4eva (Post 669988)
You're on here in school for the THIRD time today

You curse because you have a whole hour to just "work" and your computer is right there and the internet actually works, and you can't go on the Downs because the school security system thingy blocks it since apparently it's a game.

Lindale 05-21-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCRmyGirl4eva (Post 669976)
When you started writing your own Tolkien-inspired book

I am actually writing a translation of The Hobbit into Filipino. Futile exercise as we speak English rather well... but hey, it's a worthwhile hobby :) And yes, I am obsessed. Dunno though when I'd start translating LOTR. :o

MCRmyGirl4eva 07-03-2012 01:02 PM

When you start incorperating LOTR into youe everyday speech, saying things like: "You have about as much chance of that working as the Balrog has of passing Gandalf"

crescendo. 07-12-2012 08:38 PM

When you are having a huge arguement with your girlfriend because she refuses to read and see the plagiarism in the Inheritance Cycle.

MCRmyGirl4eva 08-06-2012 09:43 AM

When you're playing Dragon City on Facebook and are naming all of your dragons after Lord of the Rings characters, including the mildly obscure characters such as Hama.

MCRmyGirl4eva 09-02-2012 04:42 PM

When you do this:

http://cheezburger.com/6559478272

poshmissy 09-09-2012 09:04 PM

You know you're obsessed with the Lord of the Rings when you named your sons/daughthers after the characters of it. Or to complete , you will even name your pets after the characters too. That's awesome and unique. :)