The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Elvenhome (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Life of Gold Discussion Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=13361)

Glirdan 11-13-2006 03:59 PM

No posting order. If you have a conversation going on with another player and cannot respond until he/she has responded, then wait. However, I greatly encourage you all to post as much as possible as I will be moving this game forward. We have a lot of terrain to cover in the game so be ready to move when I say so. I will post it here beforehand to give you all a headsup. Is that alright with everyone?

Sixth, Lommy will be posting more frequently once we rescue her character.

Crystal, sorry I haven't posted. Haven't had a lot of time on the computer lately. I'll get my post up ASAP.

Once again, thanks for participating everyone!! :D

EDIT: Crystal, post is up. Everyone, feel free to start posting.

Crystal Heart 11-13-2006 05:15 PM

That's totally cool Glirdan. I was just unsure of what you were waiting for! Lol.

My post is up.

LET THE GAME BEGIN!! *throws confetti*

Glirdan 11-13-2006 05:29 PM

Oo! Confetti!! YAY!! This party has officially begun!! So get out there and post everyone!!

My goal for this week (from today until this Friday [maybe Saturday. I'll wait and see by the posts]) is to have met with the caretaker in the Inn. From Friday (or Saturday) to Sunday, make preparations to leave as we should all have some sort of travelling stuff with us. If we have to, we'll get special favor from the Inn keeper to get some rations or find stuff else where. But that's my plan of action.

Is that alright by everyone?

Naria 11-14-2006 03:32 AM

Linked to character/player list ~*~ Pio

Naria's Character

Name: Syringa

Race: Human

Weapons: A hatchet and an 8 inch utility knife

Appearance: She has brown hair that is highlighted with wisps of grey, eyes to match(with the exception of the grey). She wears a deer hide tunic and matching leather pants and wool lined boots that are tied up around her calves.

Personality/Strengths/Weaknesses: She is a proud woman with a weathered, gruff voice and not afraid to speak her mind. She is also kind, gentle and forgiving when need be.

History: She has no family to speak of. Her mother died while giving birth to her and thus named her after the flower she so dearly loved. The meaning of the flower was quite appropriate in her passing: Remember me. Syringa does have an older brother(Nyler), but since his mother's passing Syringa has not heard or seen of him since. Her father died in a raid five years later. She was taken in by some local farmers and grew up in a harsh environment; something of the likes that no little girl should have to endour. When she was old enough, Syringa stole a horse from them and rode until she and her horse could no longer. She came upon a cabin pretty much in the middle of no where and since it looked liked it had been vacant for sometime. She decided to call it home.

Naria 11-14-2006 03:37 AM

Sorry my post is so late. If I have messed up on anything, please let me know. :)

Thinlómien 11-14-2006 04:54 AM

Seems promising, Naria. :)

Do you wish me to post this week, Glirdy?

Glirdan 11-14-2006 06:26 AM

Hmmmm....let me think on it a bit and I'll let you know later.

Naria, that is perfect. Thank you for putting it up.

Crystal Heart 11-14-2006 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glirdan
Oo! Confetti!! YAY!! This party has officially begun!! So get out there and post everyone!!

My goal for this week (from today until this Friday [maybe Saturday. I'll wait and see by the posts]) is to have met with the caretaker in the Inn. From Friday (or Saturday) to Sunday, make preparations to leave as we should all have some sort of travelling stuff with us. If we have to, we'll get special favor from the Inn keeper to get some rations or find stuff else where. But that's my plan of action.

Is that alright by everyone?

Sounds good to me Glirdan.

Thinlómien 11-15-2006 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glirdan
Hmmmm....let me think on it a bit and I'll let you know later.

As long as you do it before Friday afternoon (GMT) since I won't be on the computer in the weekend. :)

Glirdan 11-15-2006 02:03 PM

Hmmmm....Well.... I'm going to leave that up to you Lommy. If you feel the need to post something then post it. It is up to you.

Everyone else (with the exception of Crystal) please get some posts up ASAP! Friday is almost here and I would like to have the chat with the caretaker done with by Monday.

Cordelia Harrison 11-15-2006 08:58 PM

:D I posted! *bounces* Oh I'm sooooo excited for this game!!

It is already starting off wonderfully.

The Sixth Wizard 11-15-2006 10:01 PM

Post is up.

Thinlómien 11-16-2006 03:41 AM

I'll plan something today and post something tomorrow.

Glirdan 11-16-2006 04:09 PM

Okay, I'm extending the days, but only this one time. We can start talking to the caretaker on Sunday and have that done by Monday or Tuesday. But this is the only extension I'm giving for this area of the game.

The Sixth Wizard 11-17-2006 04:33 AM

I have just had a realisation; I LOVE playing dwarves! :smokin:

Thinlómien 11-17-2006 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Sixth Wizard
I have just had a realisation; I LOVE playing dwarves! :smokin:

haha :D

Sorry, I'm extremely busy with ww atm and don't have a net access home, so I had to make a save. I'll fill it on Monday.

Glirdan 11-17-2006 06:35 AM

That's fine Lommy.

Sixth, I love your character! :D

Crystal or Cordelia, perhaps one of you could respond to Darin?

Eomer and Valesse, please post sometime today!!

Crystal Heart 11-17-2006 07:49 AM

I've posted accordingly Glirdan. If it isn't satisfactory, please tell me ASAP

Valesse 11-17-2006 11:11 AM

I'm really really really sorry about not posting yet, I've just had a lot on my plate and just finally got something turned in and far far away from me. Expect my post today. Soonish-today.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 11-17-2006 01:11 PM

I would put a SAVE but I can't promise being able to fill it in in time. I will get something up tomorrow night, though.

Glirdan 11-17-2006 02:20 PM

Okay, thanks for letting me know guys.

Crystal, I'll read it in a minute.

Glirdan 11-18-2006 02:21 PM

Okay, just like to say that I'm loving the posts everyone.

Lommy, could you fill in your save sometime today?

Eomer, I know you said you were going to post sometime later today but please do it ASAP. Once you do, I'll bring the caretaker.

Just to let you know, the caretaker is and NPC character which means we can all use him. His description is on the first page so please refer to that when you are using his character.

Glirdan 11-19-2006 12:32 PM

Okay, now that Eomer has posted, I would like you all to post at least once more before we bring the caretaker in.

Valesse, seeing as Valesseka and Eomeleo have a past, I think it should be you to respond to him. :p ;) Everyone else can post however and we'll post accordingly. I shall bring the caretaker in once everyone has posted once more (that includes you Eomer). Thanks everyone! :D

Crystal Heart 11-19-2006 08:44 PM

*salutes* Got it boss! Lol.

I must say that this is a pretty awesome RPG already. Keep up the great work people!

Thinlómien 11-20-2006 08:43 AM

I've filled the save. If anything needs correcting, just tell me, Glirdy.

Then, on time... Would it be okay if I made three Thin-Gloomy posts while he's in prison? I'd rather write a few long ones than several short ones, especially some of them take place in a time earlier than your characters'.

Glirdan 11-20-2006 02:20 PM

Lommy, that is fine by me. Thanks for letting me know.

I will post once Sixth and Cordelia post and then I'll bring the caretaker in.

Cordelia Harrison 11-20-2006 07:09 PM

Oops. Sorry Glirdan! I posted! :D See! *points*

AND LOOK!! *does happy dance* I'm a Wight now!! YAY!!

The Sixth Wizard 11-20-2006 08:04 PM

Yeah, when do I stop being a Wight and become a whatever?

Incidentally, my post is up, bit short. I suppose we can bring on the caretaker now...

Glirdan 11-20-2006 09:04 PM

Okay. I'll do it tomorrow as I will not get a chance to tonight. So everyone rest easy for now.

Crystal Heart 11-20-2006 09:29 PM

As some of you may know, I'm into rewarding people. It's kind of a fun thing I do.

So to start off I'd like to give some "rewards." :D

*showers cookies and trophies* You all get trophies and cookies for being an awesome group and for digging deep into this RPG right from the get go. *applauds* I am seriously impressed with all of you. Keep up the great work! :D

Glirdan 11-21-2006 04:50 PM

Ha!! Cookies are wonderful!!

My post is up. Everyone can start posting now! :D

Crystal Heart 11-21-2006 10:20 PM

I have posted! I will post again before I leave.

And on Thursday I won't be on due to Thanksgiving. Neither will Cordelia. She is my room mate and she's going home for Thanksgiving too.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! :D

Thinlómien 11-22-2006 02:06 AM

Mmmm... Cookies. What about mango cheesecake?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Sixth Wizard
Yeah, when do I stop being a Wight and become a whatever?

500 hundred posts and you'll be a Ghost Prince of Cardolan... A way to go! :p :)

-----

Anyway, how long (RL time) will it take that you will rescue poor Thin-Gloomy? (I'm wondering when should I write my few posts, I'm already planning them so I can make a logical storyline...)

Furthermore, if anyone has any special hopes about the bandits (eg. if you're planning a weird way to defeat them and you have a weird weakness for them it would be good if it has been mentioned before) just post it here and I can write it in my next post.
I hope you like my bandits this far... :D

EDIT: I just saw your last post, Glirdy. I think I should write a post about Thin-Gloomy giving the descriptions (if not otherwise, just for fun) and trying to get information about the requests sent to the other characters in this RPG. But if I write such post, should we ask pio to place it before your post (#38) or is it better if it comes after it and kind of explains it?

Glirdan 11-22-2006 06:24 AM

I think that it comig after or before wouldn't make a huge difference. I think we'll go for after, however, because of the conversation that just took place. I find it'll fit.

As for how long it will take to get to rescue you, I have no idea. It really depends on how much time we spend at each place.

piosenniel 11-22-2006 08:07 AM

- The Sixth Wizard -

From FAQ's in Novices and Newcomers:

Quote:

What are the user levels? How do I go up levels?

The user levels are just a fun way to mark your progress on the forum. The levels are tied to your post count and progress as follows:

1-10 -- Newly Deceased
11-25 -- Pile o’ Bones
26-50 -- Animated Skeleton
51-100 -- Haunting Spirit
101-250 -- Wight
251-500 -- Shade of Carn Dűm
501+ -- Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart 11-22-2006 08:18 AM

Thank you for the information Pio. We really do appreciate it.

Wow. I'm nearing the final level! That is kind of exciting.

Well I'll be on one more time today. But if I don't run into anyone by then I just want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!

Glirdan 11-22-2006 03:09 PM

Okay, Save filled in.

Crystal Heart 11-24-2006 08:37 AM

I have responded to you Glirdan.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. :D

Slifer1988 11-24-2006 08:47 AM

How should I drop into this rp? I'm just wondering because I can't think of a way to come in. And just so you know, I'm going to be playing a dunedain ranger.

Glirdan 11-24-2006 08:58 AM

Sorry Silfer, you can't drop into a game that has already started. We have all our places filled now. Try going to the Golden Perch and post in there a few times before joining any game. And as far as I know, there are no new games starting up anytime yet. But watch out in the Shire to see if a new one gets started. :)

To everyone else, I have posted and got rid of the caretaker. Please post. Thank you.