The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Elvenhome (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Scarburg Meadhall Discussion Thread (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=14744)

Eönwë 06-17-2008 02:16 PM

Now, with DW II over, and my French exams almost over, I can finally post.

Thinlómien 06-18-2008 12:23 PM

I managed to post, finally. I'm just wondering if there'll be a problem with the little "few hours later" time jump. If so, I can edit. I'm just not very optimistic when it comes to my net access in the three two and a half weeks to follow, so I was not sure when I could post that Modtryth thing. And concerning those next three weeks, I will be able to get online occasionally and should have time to write, but just don't expect a huge reaction speed from me... :rolleyes:

Groin Redbeard 06-18-2008 07:45 PM

Great post, Thinlomien! Don't have Rowenna scold Cnebba and the boys too badly, I rather enjoyed their fighting.;)

I'm sorry for posting so soon, I guess I'm the one who's bringing the day to an end. I'm leaving for a trip to Europe on the 26th of June, so I want to get Erbrand's duties of Skinning the deer hides, storing them away, beginning the drying out process, and getting the snares set all out of the way. I'll be posting sometime tomorrow; that will get the hunting party back into camp.

Folwren 06-18-2008 08:04 PM

Groin, if I were you, I'd wait until you got back from your trip before posting your days' end post. Who knows? We might still be in this day, seeing as there's so much happening.

I posted. It is not as good as I should like, but I'm at camp and don't have time to think a post out. As Elempi implied somewhile ago on this thread, the boys don't have much else to do 'cept quarrel.

Lommy, it's back to you again. You get to decide where to go with this. I give you free rein.

As for Thornden and Saeryn, a post for them would not be as simple to write, that's why I'm not writing one just now. If I find another window of time this week before going home, I'll use it. If not, I'll try to write something this weekend.

-- Foley

littlemanpoet 06-19-2008 04:53 AM

I indicated that Lys was with Garstan also. His writer, however, has not been around in months; should we drop him?

Thinlómien 06-19-2008 05:54 AM

I don't really know about that Lys-thing... Only that it's not necessary that he's mentioned in our posts, he could be doing something else somewhere close.

Funny post Folwrey... I will write as soon as I can but that won't be until next week. If Nogrod's less busy and finally gets to read through this thread, he might continue writing Cnebba, too... We'll see how this goes. :)

Groin Redbeard 06-19-2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Folwren (Post 560212)
Groin, if I were you, I'd wait until you got back from your trip before posting your days' end post. Who knows? We might still be in this day, seeing as there's so much happening.

Thanks Folwren. I will focus on another RPG while I'm waiting, and I'll just wait 'till I come back to write a post for here. :)

Gwathagor 06-19-2008 07:11 PM

I aim to post very soon, probably tonight. I'm not entirely sure what I'll have Crabannan doing, but I would like to get him involved in the settlement somehow.

Folwren 06-19-2008 07:42 PM

No...no, let's not drop Lys. Let me play him during Tara's absence. I had simply forgotten about him. He can add an interesting contrast to this scene. If I get around to writing again before Thin does, I may add something from his perspective. Do you think that'd be alright, Elempi? (I almost called you Eodwine...ha!)

-- Foley

Gwathagor 06-19-2008 11:08 PM

Oh, look, I forgot to post.

Groin Redbeard 06-20-2008 09:02 AM

I just wanted to pop in here and say that I loved the new posts that were posted laster night. I'm so glad that I have something to read now!:D

Gwathagor, I see that you've even changed your location, very nice! I expect this means that you'll be doing a lot of posting. ;)

Firefoot 06-20-2008 09:32 AM

Oh my I shall have some fun with this...:D

littlemanpoet 06-20-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefoot (Post 560378)
Oh my I shall have some fun with this...:D

:D Funny, Firefoot. I can see Eodwine and Harreld having some fun with Léof's inexperience. :D

Foley, I wouldn't want us to offend Tara by MIS-using Lys. I think we're safe in using him as long as we do so in the spirit of Tara's intentions.

Lhunardawen 06-20-2008 10:02 AM

I'll be catching up this weekend (to two or more weeks' worth of posts!) and putting up my post in between revising my thesis proposal. I'm really sorry to be missing all this, and disappearing every now and then on you all. I can't promise it won't happen again - as a matter of fact, I have more confidence promising you that it will happen again. :(

Folwren 06-20-2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet (Post 560382)
Foley, I wouldn't want us to offend Tara by MIS-using Lys. I think we're safe in using him as long as we do so in the spirit of Tara's intentions.

Oh, of course. I would totally use Lys in the spirit of Tara's past writing and her intentions.

-- Foley

Gwathagor 06-20-2008 11:18 PM

I shall be posting shortly.

EDIT: Done!

Lhunardawen 06-21-2008 12:30 AM

Wow, Gwath, that's impressive. It takes me hours to craft even the shortest posts. :rolleyes:

I'm a bit confused with the times. I was going to have Randvér arrive in Scarburg today game time, but it wouldn't do for him to come too late into the day. Perhaps noon would be better?

Gwathagor 06-21-2008 12:33 AM

I'm fast, but I'm not that fast. I had been working on the post prior to posting here in the discussion thread. ;)

shaggydog 06-22-2008 03:02 PM

Whew! Sorry that doesnt move things along much Eonwe, I just had been working on that before you posted and didnt want to just ditch it. Actually, I had written Oeric having to dig Dan partially out because when I went and looked for some information about bog rescues I think that's what they have to do. It would really be about impossible to actually pull someone out if they were in very deep. Here's a link to a recent story here if anyone is interested:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...scue-team.html

Anyway, feel free Eonew to pick that up or Firefoot, help yourself :D

Lhunardawen 06-22-2008 05:32 PM

For some reason I have doubts that I handled my last post properly, maybe because I'm still confused with how the times changed a bit much. So please give me a heads-up if something needs to be changed.

I'll try to put up my Randvér post within the week, try being the operative word.`

littlemanpoet 06-22-2008 06:06 PM

Fun posts to read, Gwath, shaggydog, & Lhuna. Nothing needs to be changed in any of them, as far as I can see.

Eönwë 06-24-2008 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggydog (Post 560631)
Whew! Sorry that doesnt move things along much Eonwe, I just had been working on that before you posted and didnt want to just ditch it. Actually, I had written Oeric having to dig Dan partially out because when I went and looked for some information about bog rescues I think that's what they have to do. It would really be about impossible to actually pull someone out if they were in very deep. Here's a link to a recent story here if anyone is interested:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...scue-team.html

Anyway, feel free Eonew to pick that up or Firefoot, help yourself :D

But I think that the mud there was much thicker. Here it is more watery.

But if not, then i'll edit it, but first of all: what season is it?

Groin Redbeard 06-24-2008 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eönwë (Post 560805)
But if not, then i'll edit it, but first of all: what season is it?

I think that it's around Fall, with Winter coming on.

Firefoot 06-24-2008 08:12 AM

It's actually the middle of summer... July 9 to be exact.

Folwren 06-24-2008 02:31 PM

Lommy, are you posting soon? Just wondering and wanted to give you a nudge. :) I want to see what happens with our trio there.

Maybe sometime this week or weekend I can post for Lys...? We'll see.

-- Foley

Groin Redbeard 06-24-2008 06:37 PM

I just wanted to tell ya'll that I'll be gone on June 26th until July 8th, gone on a trip to Europe. I hope the day at Scarburg goes well while I'm gone, and I'll be looking forward to all of the new posts when I get back! :D

Have fun with it,
Groin Redbeard

Gwathagor 06-24-2008 06:43 PM

Where in Europe?

Groin Redbeard 06-25-2008 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwathagor (Post 560889)
Where in Europe?

London, I will be studying Winston Churchill at Oxford for a couple of days and then we moved on to the hallowed ground of Normandy, and the not so hallowed ground of Paris, to study Operation Overlord. Pretty exciting stuff! :D

Gwathagor 06-25-2008 08:12 AM

Ah ha, very good. Enjoy Normandy for me.

littlemanpoet 06-25-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard (Post 560935)
London, I will be studying Winston Churchill at Oxford for a couple of days and then we moved on to the hallowed ground of Normandy, and the not so hallowed ground of Paris, to study Operation Overlord. Pretty exciting stuff! :D

I hope you get a chance to stop in at the Eagle and Child and Magdalen College, and have a peek at Northmoor Road where Tolkien lived while you're in Oxford.

Folwren 06-27-2008 05:34 PM

Hilo. I'm back for a week. Well, kind of back. We're having a huge family reunion this week, so there will be days when I'm not active, but I'm here.

Lommy, are you posting?

-- Foley

littlemanpoet 06-27-2008 06:44 PM

Has interest in this day tailed off? Let's move it to evening meal or later, over which various and folk can talk about the day's work completed.

Gwathagor 06-27-2008 06:48 PM

Evening meal sounds good. I could try to make a few friends over dinner.

Folwren 06-27-2008 08:45 PM

Well, no, not at all. Interest for this day has not worn off in the least, so far as I am concerned. But, if everyone else wishes it, I won't holler TOO loudly. :p

-- Foley

Gwathagor 06-27-2008 10:25 PM

Yeah, I could go either way myself.

shaggydog 06-27-2008 10:51 PM

Scyld, Dan and Oeric have to wrap up their little storyline so please wait one more day before moving to evening. Firefoot, Eonwe, I will write a post tomorrow and try to bring it together and then you two can take it from there. LMP thanks for your patience.

Lhunardawen 06-28-2008 04:22 AM

I can't do my post, I still have no internet over weekdays and I have a killer exam and two papers due next week. I'm really sorry. Maybe it won't be so late for Randvér to arrive in Scarburg on the third day...

shaggydog 06-28-2008 07:24 AM

Alright, Eonwe, Firefoot, take it away :D

littlemanpoet 06-28-2008 08:10 AM

Ooh! :D Dan has a dilemma on his hands, considering what Eodwine sent him to do. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Folwren (Post 561120)
Well, no, not at all. Interest for this day has not worn off in the least, so far as I am concerned. But, if everyone else wishes it, I won't holler TOO loudly.

Saeryn could stand to be featured before evening meal.

Lhuna, how would it be if Randvér's arrival were a month off? I'm hoping to skip time to early August with the next "official" Day.

I can write a post featuring Harreld's inner thoughts too.

Stigend and associates' ventures into finding wood needs a post too. Nogrod?

Nogrod 06-28-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemanpoet (Post 561142)
Stigend and associates' ventures into finding wood needs a post too. Nogrod?

I'm Commiing! :)

Yes. It kind of frustrates to write this kind of apologies one after another but I believe this time it's for good.

I had my worst spring ever, really. Never had such amounts of work in my hands before during the late spring. It was just catastrophic.

When the vacations finally started I had my daughters with me at my place and we had the DW II which took a lot of time.

Then we went to have Midsummer Eve -celebrations which took what, four days...

After that (Monday) I have been writing a teacher's manual with my colleague to a textbook we made last year as the publisher presses on (they said the deadline should have been yesterday but we managed to push it forwards so that it is Monday-morning now).

So: exhausted, but also looking forwards to really getting a grip with this... and to start taking this on.

I hope I can read myself up to date on Monday the latest and then start really to get involved.

Sorry.

But there's the RL which sometimes intervenes annoyingly... :rolleyes: