The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   101 Things Barrow-Downers Would Never Post (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=5150)

Rimbaud 01-11-2003 10:45 PM

Quote:

Rimbaud: You are all bloody twits that deserve to be spanked repeatedly with a levitating toad. FEEL TEH POWER.
Yet I would say that. Although my definite article would be more...definite.

Helkahothion 01-12-2003 12:27 PM

Dear Vanima,

I just put the Greetings, Anuion part in it to make it more like al letter, I like that.

Darn you I hate you, because I can't think of anything.

Let me just go away.

*slowly turns around, but then makes an unexpected move*

MOSHPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!

*Jumps untop of everyone*

Sorry Vanima, I just tought it was funny so I just had to add this.

Uhm right, sorry for this of-topic, I'm of.

Greetings,

Anuion

Amanaduial the archer 01-12-2003 02:01 PM

Erm...yes Helka. Of course...

Helkahothion 01-12-2003 02:08 PM

Dear Amanaduial,

Don't mock me mortal, you don't know the evilness that is within me. So bow down to my greatness and suffer my anger for being so insolent.

Just kidding, everybody knows I'm a moron.

Greetings,

Anuion

dragoneyes 01-12-2003 03:53 PM

Or if they didn't then, they do now.

Helkahothion 01-13-2003 12:13 PM

Hmph,

You ar ever so kind Dragoneye's.

Ill leave a little "present" in your e-mail inbox as a token of my apreceation. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Greetings,

Anuion

Balin999 01-13-2003 03:16 PM

Myself (specially last year): Hey guys, I'll post here everyday now. I got soooo much free time, and military service is NOT bothering me!
(just to bring myself in this thread)

I read through the little battle in this thread, and I want to say that we all should try at all times to remain calm, harressing postings can destroy so much. I'm saying this because this happened at a Diablo-Forum called "The Dungeon Tavern", where I was a member.
So, keep cool, and, well, have fun.

Amanaduial the archer 01-13-2003 04:18 PM

Wise words from Balin. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Balin999 01-13-2003 04:21 PM

Is that something you would never post?
Just kidding [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Helkahothion 01-14-2003 09:47 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,

Liked that one Balin. Touché and 1-0 on the score bord in favor of Balin999

Greetings,

Anuion

VanimaEdhel 01-15-2003 10:36 AM

dragoneyes: Im a meeen witch so dun' mess! & i dun' CARE about ur country! im only interested in mySELF!

*huggles dragoneyes for being so cute and sweet, as she really is...*

[ January 15, 2003: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]

Balin999 01-15-2003 10:46 AM

*Bows to Helkahothion*
Thank you indeed! Finally someone who has detected my genius. (Kidding, again [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )

Raefindel 01-15-2003 11:17 AM

I have no clue what I would never post and aparently, You guys don't either! HA ha ha! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Ithaeliel 01-15-2003 03:44 PM

Oh, I could manage to think of something, Raefindel... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Groundskeeper-Willie: I LOOOOOOVED The Two Towers! It was perfect, all the characters were great; PJ is immortal and he deserves his credit!!!!!!!!!

Lush: I have an announcement to make... I have decided to stay in America and become a nun. I have relinquished my soul-soiling ways and hopes. And Russia and Germany both suck.

Alkanoonion: BAAAAAGH!!!!! I hate you all!!!!

Rimbaud: *singing and jumping around happily* They're going to make me a saint, haha, they're going to make me a saint! Haha, heehee, hoho...

I know... so cliché and unoriginal... it's the best I can do.

VanimaEdhel 01-15-2003 05:40 PM

Well, when you run out of insults, you generally start complimenting each other, Raefindel! I'm sure you people could think of more insults for me, they're just too mean to post [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] !

[ January 15, 2003: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]

Lush 03-21-2003 01:34 PM

This poor, spammed up, forgotten thread... *Sigh*

Rimbaud: "Reagan Republicans forever!"

Squatter: "I'm rather in a mood to put on my fake Rolex and hit the clubs. Later, little Legsie fans!"

Merendis: "Wow, you've read Hamlet? Wow, like, what a dork!" [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] *snaps gum*

Estelyn: "Ugh, parody."

Kate, a.k.a. onewhitetree: "...So then they dragged me to listen to some retarded band, Sigur-whatever the $#@%, and I was like, eew..."

mark12_30: "Hobbits schmobbits. I want to write about the beautiful people!"

mark12_30 03-21-2003 01:52 PM

Raefindel: Oh, I could never make one of those, I wouldn't know how.

Child of the 7th Age: Children? No, thanks.

edit....

hmmmm, shmobbits. Shmobbits.... In a hole in a tree, there lived a shmobbit....

[ March 21, 2003: Message edited by: mark12_30 ]

Amanaduial the archer 03-21-2003 02:36 PM

Quote:

Is that something you would never post?
[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hmmm, a shmobbit....

The Saucepan Man 03-22-2003 10:12 PM

[img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] Hehe.

Legolas: Well, that's not entirely accurate, but I'll let it go.

Lush: There's nothing that I like better than curling up on my own with a nice cup of cocoa and a bit of needlework.

Bill Ferny: Hey, it's just a sword. Who cares what it looks like?

HC Island: I really do not understand why PJ made all those changes to the films, and I can't be bothered trying.

MLD_Grounds Keeper Willie: Thank you, PJ, for making the films so faithful to the books.

Lalaith: Its obvious why there were no female characters in the Fellowship, what with girls being so weak and helpless and all.

Beren87: Good question. I have no idea.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

GaladrieloftheOlden 03-22-2003 10:24 PM

Estelyn Telcontar: I'll just let this totally irrelevant topic float...

Lush 03-23-2003 09:32 AM

Saucepan Man: "Bugger off. I can't be bothered to respond to some Tolkien-related nonesense."

Tar-Palantir: "Weed in the Shire? How dare you joke about that???!!!"

Bill Ferny: "I dunno."

Iarwain: "Ah, the wide spectrum of the genre of fantasy! Ah, those lovely paperbacks with the busty lovelies in chain-mail bikinis on each cover! They bring joy and light into my heart!"

Lush 03-23-2003 09:56 AM

Just thought of something while in the shower.

Estelyn: "wot an eru????????"

Bill Ferny: "So like, this topic is going to concern ya'll's opinions on what would have happened if Legolas was really Gandalf's illegitimate son. Gimme gimme gimme!"

Bill Ferny: "As the BD's resident expert on beer, I would like to add that..."

Beren87 03-23-2003 12:20 PM

Quote:

Saucepan Man: "Bugger off.
Oh, I could see him saying "Bugger off".

Eressië Ailin 03-23-2003 04:42 PM

Quote:

Beren87: Good question. I have no idea.
LOL!!!

This is all I can think of right now:

Barrow-Wight: OMG!!! just found this game tig on se its really fun and cool ne1 wanna play?

*pokes lots of ppl* TIG!!!!
wassup_666: This thread will be closed shortly. The Barrow-downs is a forum, not a chat room, for intelligent Tolkien-related discussions. Please refrain from posting any other Dominic Monagham Games.

This >>>>>>.<<<<<< is a period. Please learn to use it.

ME/Lostgaeriel: OMG!! Lokk at these great pics of Orli!!! He is SOOOOOO HOT!!!!! Screw Viggo, HERE I COME ORLI!!!! I LOVE OB!!!!!

Can anyone come up with anything else for me?

[ March 31, 2003: Message edited by: Eressië Ailin ]

The Saucepan Man 03-23-2003 07:32 PM

Quote:

Bugger off. I can't be bothered to respond to some Tolkien-related nonesense.
Quote:

Oh, I could see him saying "Bugger off".
Bugger off. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Lush 03-31-2003 04:08 PM

mark12_30(DMX style): "If I gotsta bring it to you cowards then it's gonna be quick aight..."

akhtene: "Me no understand. What's a Slav?"

Bell Ferny: "It's English Majors' Appreciation Week!"

Estelyn: "Oh no, what was I thinking moving this latest Greatest Horse topic into Novices and Newcomers?" *slaps head* "Go ahead kiddies, post wherever and whatever you want, since you obviously understand the forum so much better anyway!"

Bethberry, Squatter, Mithadan, et al: "Them poncy degrees don't mean nuthin'!"

Raefindel: "Uh. What's the difference between tulips and deliphiniums again?"

The Saucepan Man: "I never dare contradict the Almighty Lush!"

Legolas, burrahobbit, oblo: "Tolkien was just kidding when he said he didn't like allegory. No. Really. Funny-ha ha!"

Diamond18 03-31-2003 10:07 PM

Squatter: "Poetry? Like, as in, 'Roses are red, violets are blue, I've got the flu...'? Or something like that... No, I'm not really into that. But I guess Tolkien wasn't a very good poet. I mean, like, his stuff was kind of 'trite', or at least that's what I've heard people say. I dunno. Whatever."

Bill Ferny: "What if Tolkien had never been born, and you had lived back then (like, whenever that was) and you got the idea for hobbits, do you think you'd end up writing LotR, or something else?"

Bethberry: "A-lit-er-a-tion...huh?" *scratches head*

Rimbaud: "Hair...'style'...? Uh...nah. I just take a knife to it if it gets in my eyes."

Estelyn: "I think 'RPG' stands for 'Rotten Peeled Grapes', or something. Either that or 'Random Posts = Great!'"

burrahobbit: "I've decided to major in oration and minor in theology. What do you think?"

The Barrow-Wight: "Announcement: I've decided to redecorate the BD...what do you think of a light teal background with a deep violet for text and salmon pink for links? And I'm changing the name to 'The Bunny Downs'."

Lush: "I have no sense of humor, and I detest anything that even remotely resembles facetiousness. And if you make any jokes about me I'll leave and never come back, and I mean that. Totally. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Do you see that? It's a frown, it means I'm deeply unhappy and dead serious."

Naurwen_of_Lothlorien 04-01-2003 04:56 AM

Me: HIIIIIII!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN I SAY THAT OOOPS CAPS IN On CaN i Sau hthat Orlig is HJuist SOO mien Couz he SaID so in A lEt ter Well actualLLY No, I didn'T GEt #No Lerrer But Oh weLL HE mine neway..
(I'm going to have nightmares about this for the rest of my life...)
or

Me: Humour? What is this humour you speak of?

Barrow Wight: I miss the Lord of The pants threads, let's bring them back!! NO POSTS CAN BE TOLKIEN RELATED!!

GaladrieloftheOlden 04-06-2003 03:57 PM

Legolas- Let me answer that in one sentence...

Bill Ferny 05-05-2003 11:53 PM

“I dunno.”

Hey! I’ve said that… I’m pretty sure… once… maybe… dang [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Sophia the Thunder Mistress 05-06-2003 01:20 AM

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] this is fun-

Annunfuiniel- here's the question guys, in plain ordinary prose...

Meoshi- I can't find enough shieldmaidens for my new RPG...

Beren87- there are already fifteen threads exactly like this in the quiz room, but what the hey!

Saucepan Man- what's an Avatar and how do I get one?

Oddwen 05-06-2003 06:15 AM

Hmm, I only just looked at this...I don't know very many people that well here so I'll try this:

The Saucepan Man: Role model? Wuzzat? Let's all go get drunk and go joyriding and cowtipping!
(Sorry, S-man!)

Mornie Alantie: Ah, ferget Gollum for Disco King. Borrums rocks!

Rynoah: Who? Boromir? Sorry, I BELONG TO LURTZ! HUBBA HUBBA!
(I finally got to type that phrase...)

Me: no i dont lik funny stuf i like serius stuf an borimor is such a lozer, gett a lif i meen dat is such a s2pid fraze...i g2g 'cuz me and leggy r getting married we r going 2 alaksa 'cuz i love sno an the theeme for us is harry potter, 'cuz i luv it and i'm marrying him 2, 'cuz their both so HOTTTT! o ya we r gonna have nsync an backstreet boys sing 4 us, im marrying them 2....

Eew! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I didn't know I was capable of that....

B-W: Yes! You may use giant pictures on all the threads! Yes! I am going to up the silly limit on pics per thread...I don't know what I was thinking! I mean, 8 is such a dorky number! Oh, what do you peeps think of the color pink? Is it me or what?

I love all you guys muchly, by the way!

GaladrieloftheOlden 05-06-2003 09:46 AM

Sharku- Ooh! Elrond's Guestbook!

~Menelien

Sophia the Thunder Mistress 05-06-2003 10:19 AM

Birdland- I read Silmarillion through four times last week... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The Saucepan Man 05-06-2003 07:11 PM

Quote:

The Saucepan Man: ... Let's all go get drunk ...
No comment! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Sophia the Thunder Mistress 05-06-2003 09:19 PM

He's feeling guilty about his "tipsy tea" at yonder party?

elven maiden Earwen 05-06-2003 09:29 PM

probely been done before but

Meela: Denethor, nah hes an idiot and Grima man he is soooo ugly.

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Diamond18 05-07-2003 01:42 AM

No one has ever done me in all 11 pages of this thread. I should sue.

Birdland 05-07-2003 02:16 AM

Diamond18 - "I say it's duck season and I say 'fire'!"

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: Birdland ]

piosenniel 05-07-2003 02:20 AM

Actually, that sounded more like a comment Lush might make, Diamond . . .