The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   Middle-earth Mirth (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Admin Thread for WW LXXV: It's Always Tea Time Here (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=16411)

wilwarin538 04-04-2010 02:46 PM

Admin Thread for WW LXXV: It's Always Tea Time Here

This will be a fairly basic game regarding roles and set up and such. The only difference is in how roles will be given out. You will, technically, be choosing your own role!

*everyone gasps* How can this be?!?!?

Well, you’ll be choosing them, without knowing what you’re choosing. It's really not as exciting as I just made it sound. Basically I have a list here of 20 characters. When you sign up you choose a character that you will be for the game (you don't have to role play, but you can if you want, they'll be used in my narrations), and that character already has had a role randomly assigned to it. So the roles don't necessarily fit the character, it’s all random. Once everyone is signed up I will let you know your role just like always. It's basically just a different way to give out the roles. :)

I can take 14 to 20 players. Let’s say no one chooses the character who is the Seer, than I will randomly choose one of the Ordos to be the Seer. So every role will be used no matter what.

Roles

3 Wolves

1 Cursed

1 Seer

1 Hunter

1 Ranger: can’t protect same person 2 nights in a row, can protect xself once.

1 Cobbler

2 Shirriffs : the first role I ever had in a WW game, so I have a soft spot for it ^_^. Basically just PM pals, don’t die together or anything, and can’t reveal their roles while both are still alive.

1 Unicorn (totally stealing this from Lottie, cause I loved it): when they die I will put the names of all of the dead in a hat, including the Unicorn’s name. If the name I pick out is of an innocent (or Cobbler) they will come back, if it’s a Wolf than no one comes back. Everyone comes back as an Ordo (except Cobbler still Cobbler, and Shirriff still Shirriff if their partner is still alive).

+ X # of Ordos

Characters (everyone choose one when you sign up, please!)

Mad Hatter
Cheshire Cat
Tweedledee
Tweedledum
The Caterpillar
White Rabbit
March Hare
The Dormouse
Humpty Dumpty
Queen of Hearts
King of Hearts - Inziladun
Knave of Hearts
Duchess
The Dodo
Bill the Lizard
The Gryphon
The Mock Turtle
White Knight
White Queen
Red Queen

DL will be either 10 PM or 10 AM (EST), I still haven’t figured out which would be better. Feel free to let me know which is better for all of you. :) Also if anyone has any comments about the setup/balance/roles of the game please don't be shy to say something!

Let the sign ups begin! :D

Inziladun 04-04-2010 02:54 PM

Looks good to me. 10 PM would probably work best.
And....King of Hearts. ;)

Aganzir 04-04-2010 03:05 PM

I'd love to play and this is probably the only time I might not be too busy before the summer... But I'm not sure yet.

So sign me up as the Queen of Hearts with a question mark, please. (So no one can lynch me simply for being my lovely self! ;)) Hi Inzil it seems we're married! Just fitting, given that in wilwa's last WW we were a pack. :p

wintywinty 04-04-2010 03:14 PM

Tweedledum

Dibs on Tweedledum

Loslote 04-04-2010 03:15 PM

Ooh! Ooh! I'm in! :D

I'll be...

um...

*flips coin*

I'll be the Duchess. :smokin:

EDIT: Oh, and either time technically works for me, but I would prefer PM. :)

Legate of Amon Lanc 04-04-2010 03:23 PM

Nice, I think I'd like to play.

But where the heck is Jabberwocky? :( Otherwise, I don't really have much of a preference about role... I can decide later so as not to take something other people would like to be.

Can anybody translate to me what the DLs mean in GMT, please? (I think they will both be rather bad for me anyway, but who cares.)

Loslote 04-04-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc (Post 626441)
Can anybody translate to me what the DLs mean in GMT, please? (I think they will both be rather bad for me anyway, but who cares.)

Um. EST is four hours behind GMT, so it would be 2 AM GMT or 2 PM GMT.

Aganzir 04-04-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loslote (Post 626440)
I'll be the Duchess.

So does this mean I should try to lynch you as soon as possible? :p What a shame, I prefer not to kill right away people I've never played with.

It would've been hilarious if Lommy had been the Duchess. We would've had an excuse to quarrel! :D

Legate it's umm an 7 hour difference (remember it's daylight saving time)... So the AM time would be 5pm for us and the PM 5am for us. I prefer the AM time.

edit: corrected the timezone, the website I found earlier had it wrong

Inziladun 04-04-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 626438)
Hi Inzil it seems we're married! Just fitting, given that in wilwa's last WW we were a pack. :p

Ah, that was epic, wasn't it? :)

Aganzir 04-04-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inziladun (Post 626444)
Ah, that was epic, wasn't it? :)

Yup, definitely! I feared we were screwed up when the seer revealed two of us when it had been going so well but luckily you saved us all! :D
Actually... it's the last game I played in. :eek: I never realised it was so long!

Loslote 04-04-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir (Post 626443)
So does this mean I should try to lynch you as soon as possible? :p What a shame, I prefer not to kill right away people I've never played with.

Heh. Being lynched early is not exactly a new experience for me - although it's usually the wolves who lynch me. Does this mean you're wolvish already? :p

Glirdan 04-04-2010 03:42 PM

Yay!!! Just in time! Show's over and I can get back to Werewolf!! I'm DEFINITELY in!!

EDIT: And if you don't know this already, Wilwa dear, I claim Mad Hatter!! :D

Aganzir 04-04-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loslote (Post 626446)
Heh. Being lynched early is not exactly a new experience for me - although it's usually the wolves who lynch me. Does this mean you're wolvish already? :p

Yeah I'm a wolf by nature, sometimes I'm just forced to play an innocent. ;) And I wouldn't mind doing a repeat of wilwa's last game, but that means Nerwen and Fea should play too.

Hey Glirdy you had better make good tea then! :p

Boromir88 04-04-2010 03:48 PM

"WHO ARE YOUUUU?"

You can take that as a sign-up and as my character. :p

P.S. Woo Glirdan! Finally, our times match up. Now just hop over to the Arda Cup thread, to pick your predictions and teams, please. Kthanks. :D

Nienna 04-04-2010 03:50 PM

So I'm probably going to regret this but I don't much care at the moment :D.

I'd like to be the White Queen please and thank you. :cool:

Aganzir 04-04-2010 03:53 PM

It's sort of funny that the admin thread has been up for under an hour and almost half the roles have gone already. (Or is it a new trend that I've just missed during my absence?)

Loslote 04-04-2010 04:01 PM

Oh, and is the Hunter a "smart" hunter, or a "one shot" hunter?

Nogrod 04-04-2010 04:03 PM

The Mad Hatter was taken already? *curses*

And if Boro took the Caterpillar, then I'll be the Cheshire Cat.

satansaloser2005 04-04-2010 04:09 PM

*squeaks* I'm in.

(That....that'd be me claiming the dormouse, by the way.)

wilwarin538 04-04-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir
Actually... it's the last game I played in. I never realised it was so long!

Oh my! Definitely time for you to come back!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc (Post 626441)
But where the heck is Jabberwocky?

Well, I was going to and then I was like "K, Jabberwocky=superduper epic awesome" and I thought maybe he'd have too much of an advantage, haha. But he'll certainly make an appearance somewhere...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glirdan (Post 626447)
Yay!!! Just in time! Show's over and I can get back to Werewolf!! I'm DEFINITELY in!!

EDIT: And if you don't know this already, Wilwa dear, I claim Mad Hatter!! :D

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

and yes, that's who I figured you'd pick. <3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boromir88 (Post 626450)
Now just hop over to the Arda Cup thread, to pick your predictions and teams, please. Kthanks. :D

hey now, can't advertise your thread in my thread. no no. kthnx ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loslote (Post 626453)
Oh, and is the Hunter a "smart" hunter, or a "one shot" hunter?

One shot, whoever they're hunting will die with them no matter their role.

Updated list, cause that's what I do:

Mad Hatter - Glirdan
Cheshire Cat - Nogrod
Tweedledee
Tweedledum - wintywinty
The Caterpillar - Boro88
White Rabbit
March Hare
The Dormouse - Sallycakes
Humpty Dumpty
Queen of Hearts - Aganzir
Knave of Hearts - Shasta
Duchess - Lottie
The Dodo
Bill the Lizard
The Gryphon
The Mock Turtle - Morsul
White Knight
White Queen - Nienna
Red Queen - Fea
??? - Legate

Morsul the Dark 04-04-2010 05:45 PM

Well seeing Hatter is taking Mock Turtle shall be mine.

Feanor of the Peredhil 04-04-2010 06:40 PM

Red Queen, please.

satansaloser2005 04-04-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil (Post 626467)
Red Queen, please.

Why does this not surprise me? :rolleyes:

satansaloser2005 04-04-2010 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark (Post 626463)
Well seeing Hatter is taken Mock Turtle shall be mine.

Hehe. I considered doing that one but decided I'd have more fun with the dormouse. *grins with you*

Feanor of the Peredhil 04-04-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 (Post 626469)
Why does this not surprise me? :rolleyes:

Well, I originally got really excited about the prospect of gimbling in the wabe, but then I was the Jabberwock wasn't an option.

So I figured, okay, well, I'll be the Cheshire Cat. That's a solid option. No doubt the Hatter's already taken.

Alas, no such luck.

And so.

satansaloser2005 04-04-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil (Post 626471)
Well, I originally got really excited about the prospect of gimbling in the wabe, but then I was the Jabberwock wasn't an option.

So I figured, okay, well, I'll be the Cheshire Cat. That's a solid option. No doubt the Hatter's already taken.

Alas, no such luck.

And so.

Heh. Fair enough. I just think it'll be superfun with you as her Highness. ;)

Shastanis Althreduin 04-04-2010 08:03 PM

*signs up as Knave of Hearts*

I have a soft spot for the word "knave".

Isabellkya 04-04-2010 09:42 PM

White Rabbit... please. xD

Glirdan 04-04-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aganzir
Hey Glirdy you had better make good tea then!

Well depends on what kind of tea you would like my good fellow!! Steeped happens to be my specialty. I have a secret ingredient but I'll give you a hint: It has the word mouse in it! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boro
P.S. Woo Glirdan! Finally, our times match up. Now just hop over to the Arda Cup thread, to pick your predictions and teams, please. Kthanks.

Oh give me a break! I've been gone for like three weeks and I'm already getting hustled in to gambling! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fea
No doubt the Hatter's already taken.

By yours truly! Don't hate me!! <3

Mirandir 04-04-2010 10:12 PM

Awww no Jabberwocky :(

March Hare then pleeeeease! Favorite line in the new movie: SPOON!

satansaloser2005 04-05-2010 12:36 AM

*points to icon, grins*

Nerwen 04-05-2010 02:25 AM

Well, clearly I have to sign up for this one– just look at my location.

I'll be the Dodo.

skip spence 04-05-2010 04:34 AM

Can I also play?

PS. Since I haven't played werewolf before, at least not on-line, I might need some assistance with the rules, gameplay etc etc.

Legate of Amon Lanc 04-05-2010 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirandir (Post 626478)
Awww no Jabberwocky :(

See, that was a big mistake, wilwa ;) But no matter, no matter. (Although if you still decided to make a change and introduce him there, please bear in mind that I was the first one to ask for him! :D )

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip spence (Post 626485)
Can I also play?

PS. Since I haven't played werewolf before, at least not on-line, I might need some assistance with the rules, gameplay etc etc.

Wow, now that's something celebration-worthy. Welcome to the party, skip. I guess it won't be so hard, if you remember how we have been playing WW in summer, only this way it is not "live"... I guess you could find some easy info on how things go by looking at some of the older threads, or at the original Tol-in-Gaurhoth thread, the only different thing is what kind of roles we have here (meaning the Wolves and Ranger etc., not Caterpillars and Mad Hatters).

Nogrod 04-05-2010 05:58 AM

Yay Skip! *gives a wicked smile*

I think there will be more or less full set of rules in the first post of the thread as the game begins with both the basic stuff and then the possible special rulings. Also I think quite a many admin. threads to various games have them - so go and check.

And like Legate said, it's not that different from "live-werewolf" - except that people can go back and see what the others said (which actually is a huge difference) and that your pokerface - or the lack of it - doesn't matter (which also is a big difference). ;)

wilwarin538 04-05-2010 06:34 AM

Yay Skip! There will be a fuller set of rules on the game thread, but yes perhaps looking back at past games would help alot. If you've played live WW before you should be fine. :D

So....since everyone wants him so bad....and since Legate did ask first....

Mad Hatter - Glirdan
Cheshire Cat - Nogrod
Tweedledee
Tweedledum - wintywinty
The Caterpillar - Boro88
White Rabbit - Izzy
March Hare - Mira
The Dormouse - Sally
Humpty Dumpty - Skip
Queen of Hearts - Aganzir
Knave of Hearts - Shasta
Duchess - Lottie
The Dodo - Nerwen
Jabberwocky - Legate
The Gryphon
The Mock Turtle - Morsul
White Knight
White Queen - Nienna
Red Queen - Fea

Wow, I love how quickly this filled up. :D

skip spence 04-05-2010 07:08 AM

Ok great and thanks for the welcome. Yes, I played live ww a couple of times this summer so I'm familiar with the basic rules but the twists and gameplay not so much. But it'll be fine I guess.

I'm Humpty Dumpty then. Let's see if I can dig out my old copy of Lewis Caroll from wherever it may be...

A Little Green 04-05-2010 07:24 AM

Signing up! Me as the White Knight, Lommy as the Gryphon. Hehe.

satansaloser2005 04-05-2010 09:55 AM

*faints from the awesome*

Inziladun 04-05-2010 10:15 AM

I think this is the highest number of players I've seen since Wilwa's last game. :eek: